spoilers - padme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
why is padme trying to be assasanated, anyone? (who'd want to kill someone that fit)? smile

LanceWindu
Who knows? I wouldn't kill her.

Julie
I wouldn't want to kill her either.....she seems too nice and compassionate to want to kill

I guess some of the seperatists.....what are her views on the galactic issues...that might give you a clue to finding your assassin wink

ToMacco
She's too hot to kill.

yerssot
Senator Amidala, former Queen of Naboo, is returning to the Galactic Senate to vote on the critical issue of creating an army of the Republic to assist the overwhelmed Jedi...

And she forms a thread to the seperatist groups, btw, if they told you, the beginning of the movie would be ruined

Ushgarak
Actually, even with all that in mind I don't think the plot to kill her makes much sense. What makes even LESS sense is that sanyone is still fooled by her decoy trick.

yerssot
I'm talking about the BEGINNING,
without that NO OB1 or Anakin near her, so no movie where they get to gather and marry

Ushgarak
That makes NO sense, yerss. I have no idea what you are trying to say there.

yerssot
it's an excuse to get OB1, Anakin and Padme in one movie again (ofcourse, they don't let it seem that way)

Ushgarak
Oh, in THAT sense... I was talking in a plot sense, though.

yerssot
like I said, using capital letters: the beginning of the movie stick out tongue

Ushgarak
And that still makes no sense.

yerssot
if there was no assasination attempt, they didn't need cover from the Jedi

Ushgarak
Yeah, SO?

What I am saying is that I cannot work out any logical reason in the plot why anyone would want Padme assassinated.

yerssot
because she will vote FOR the use of Jedi,
that's all I know at the moment out of the top of my head

Ushgarak
I am sure it will make more sense in the actual film itself.

yerssot
yes, moving images are more clearly then plain text!

sand person no. 10
i assumed dooku was trying to kill her to stop her voting for the clones. but doesn't palpatine want the clones and isn't dooku working for palpatine. this is why i'm confused about the assanation attempt.

He-Man
I thought it was Palpatine who wanted Padme dead. Because when he tells everybody about his plans of creatingt the clones, he also tells that Padme has just been assasinated and that makes everyone confused and think that things truly are bad and that's why they think they need the clones.

finti
I dont think she is trying to be assasinated, the fact that someone else might try is a totally different matter big grin wink

jedi fernando
padme has been being used by palpatine since the first movie, anyone remembers?
anyone remembers who is the phantom menace?

....now that yall remember now think about this:

palpatine uses padme who is a controversial pretty looking smart senator who is already famous (naboo conflict) to make controversial statements that will for one side worsen the separatist conflict and on the other side create a clone army for the republic (sidious wants both to make his clone war and then have power and make palpatine/himself emperor..all powerful).

anyway padme angry mad and upset about how the separatists tried to kill her then votes in favor of creating a clone army and in favor of that act or pemission (i dont remember how its called) that makes palpatine able to go to war and be commander of the galactic republic.

yerssot
Nice, only the clone army is a surprise for the good guys, they don't know anything about it

ToMacco
Don't the clones turn on the Jedi?

yerssot
errrrrr... what?

Julie
probably

jedi fernando
yeah
tha clones are being made cozsido dyas (sidious/palpatine) told the nemoidans (dont know how to spell) he was head of the jedi council and that they needed a clone army. when the jedis know about this and with permission of the senate to make a clone army, they go like "hey lets use'em, we need'em , we have permission tu use'em". so they take'em and go to geonisis and start the clone war against the separatists who have a full load of droids and geonisis warriors

what i dont understand is why dont the jedis mistrust the whole idea of havin clones ready to war so fast, why this sido dyas made the clones for them

finti
Well Jango Fett has clones too

yerssot
jf: the neimodians? no no, the Geonosians. They DO mistrust it, problem is; they don't have anyone to help for the battle.
finti: Jango Fett is the one donating the cells to clone, as a reward he gets Boba, he doesn't own the clones

finti
maybe

Amidala
Padme is very influential in the senate, so darth palpatine thinks:

a: kill her to remove the threat, remember she replaces his position in the senate, and she has as much sympathy pull or more than he does - and/or

b: make her vote for the introduction of clones, and make the rest of the senate fear for their own lives so that they panic and hand over control of powers to a 'strong leader'.

remember the republic is ruled by beaurocrats - in order to do anything that takes strong action the senate would need an eternity to reach decisions, quick decisions are needed if the threat is to be put down. ( see TPM )

either way she must be either removed or swayed, palpatine doesnt really care either way. It is important to remember that a certain sith master and his apprentice are busy at work trying to make people think that they are fighting against each other when in reality they are scheming their way into getting emergency powers. There is no real threat from the separatists, it is all a phantom menace, this movie shoudl be called TPM II same basic idea is in operation. ask yourself this. how does one take over a democracy without using an army to do it? you make the democracy give up the beaurocratic processes that are in place that stop dictators in order to get an immediate and strong response to an impending threat. in order to do this you need a made up threat ( the separatists ) and you need a strong trustworthy leader to give those powers to save the day
( palpatine ).

The senate are gunna get sucked in, just like the Jedi. or maybe one of the wiser jedi's works it out..........wait and see the last line of the movie to get that one.

if you are confused that is good, you will probably enjoy EPII more than those of us that worked all of this out in TPM.

finti
that was a humble post

jedi fernando

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic) it's not hard to guess who the phantom menace was, the only thing missing was a red cross on his head

Let me tell it one more time: THE CLONES ARE A SURPRISE!!!
They aren't known, read the scroll-text! It's talking about CREATING an army, while the CLONEARMY is already made.

And one assasination attempt does not give one those special Emperor powers.

Ow, didn't knew the republic was ruled by beaurocrats... didn't they said that with the election of a stronger chancelor this won't happen again?

So the action of removing or swaying aren't important? HA! They are! You know why? Because ONE error can get it all go "bye-bye"!

No real threat from the separatists? there are systems that are willing to quit the Republic, even without Dooku being around, so they DO form a threat: the falling apart of the Republic.

"wait and see the last line of the movie to get that one."
-"Begun the Clone Wars have"... don't get it

Amidala
hhmmm, ok then. It would appear that palpatine's manipulations stretch into the real world as well.

Separatists = dooku
dooku = sith

now tell me, why would the separatists ( dooku ) want to break away from a republic ruled by the master sith lord??

waiting....

ok then i will tell you. THEY DONT!!! or at least the leadership of the separatists dont.

they mearly want to scare a few senators into panic mode. remember that the republic is in turmoil, very true.

One little thing could go wrong for the sith and end their plans, very true. but remember ' your over confidence is your weakness' it wont stop them from trying to be as manipulative as they can, how else can you take over a galaxy.

And you are right, palpatine was voted in to be a strong ruler, but where in TPM do we see this in action, you cant remove bureaucrats unless you are given the mandate to do it. it is only in AOTC once he is given emergency powers that he is allowed to break free from the bonds of the senate and start to rule rather than govern.

As for the clones and the grand army - they are one in the same.

Ah the yoda quote, there is more to it than just 'begun the clone war has' there is also this part:
Mace: A victory but at what cost? Yoda: Victory you say - it was a defeat.

The defeat is the republics democracy as well as the many dead jedi, though they won a single battle they totally lost the point of the battle because the clones are there to stay and they are following the orders of someone who is not to happy with the jedi.

sorry for the length. it is hard to reason in Haiku. smile smile

P.S. - the phantom menace was not a person, it was a plan.

He-Man
A plan...What are you talking about???
I thought it was a movie...

yerssot
ok then i will tell you. THEY DONT!!! or at least the leadership of the separatists dont.

LanceWindu
What's with those lines yerss???

yerssot
I'm too lazy to use the quote tags

LanceWindu
Oh, I guess you are lazy.

Julie
Wow that was some discussion.....!

jedi fernando

finti
The seperatist thingis a diversion and a plot to create an open conflict involving the jedis. Also to create emergency powers to the Chancellor. The Jedis are occupied with this conflict that will escalete into the Clone Wars, by being occupied the Jedis cant concentrate on the real treath the Siths. The numbers of jedi`s are also decreasing by this conflict. In other words Palpy is getting rid of an obsticle, the jedi`s, to his major plan. An All totallyterian dictatorship

Ushgarak
Nah, still not entirely convinced what the point of it is. But I believe we still lack the whole story there; I'll still wait for the film!

Though if people still want to explain it, if anyone can give me a crystal clear explanation about what any side would have achieved had the attempt been successful, it might interest me.

jedi fernando

Ushgarak
That is SO far from being crystal clear. It is very extrapolated and unconvincing. Doubly so as I see nothing that makes me think that the attempt was not meant to succeed.

jedi fernando
i guess ull have to wait and watch the movie. remember george lucas' stuff is not always crystal clear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.