Darth Sidious` fighting style

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nick1989
I wonder what Palpatine` fighting style will be? He thought darth maul to be fast and to have alot of agility. Count Dooku was very fast and powerful with his lightsaber and he had force lighting. And Darth Vader (ANH,ESB,ROTJ) was slow in ANH(toying with Ben), ESB he was really powerful by using one hand with his lightsaber, ROTJ he was not really fast. We know that Sidious has Count Dookus Lighting, but what fighting skills?

Many people are saying that he stays in one place(standing still) and using his lightsaber so fast that you can`t see the blade. Also there is a rumor that Sidious can block saber blades with his BARE HANDS!!!

whitewookie
anchient rumour said he didn't even move at all. Used teh force to control the saber, and never even held it in his hands. I really hate the idea of that, but whether that rumour been marked out as fake i dont know.

Sith Master X
Hmm...without his hands? I'm not sure if I quite like that idea or not.

Nick1989
He can`t use the force to control his lightsaber! That would be very weird. If he did that, there would be no point of vader blocking luke`s saber in ROTJ to provent him from striking the emeperor!!

whitewookie
why not? In essence your using the force to control a lightsaber everytime you call it to you (luke on hoth cave, ROTJ near throne)! He'd just be keepign it floating, and sweeping it various places to block etc, hes the god damn emporer no expression, me thinks hes got the force potenital to do it.

Darth_Duffy
both 'blocking sabers with his hands' and 'controlling a saber purely with the force' are, IMO, truly awful ideas

Nick1989
As Yoda said in ROTJ : Don`t underestimate the Emperor. He probely could block sabers with his hands. If luke kept on to hes saber in ROTJ instead of throwing it a side, we would of defently seen the sidious block the light saber. Remember when Sidious says the Luke: You febel weapon is no match for the power of the dark side( something in the lines of that)

whitewookie
indeed. I want to see old palpy get down and dirty with some lightsaber fighting, hands on. Blocking sabers with hands? Makes him feel too much of a neo type chracter then, next he'll be halting blaster shots in midair and flying!

PVS
vader can halt blaster shots, so why not?

whitewookie
coz blaster shots cant go through nearly any material in the universe in one clean blow! Laser swords can cool

Nick1989
Dont underestimate the power of the force

PVS
rumor has it that palps has his saber rigged in his sleeve so he is always armed. reminds me of deniro in taxi driver big grin

Nick1989
A lightsaber hidden under his sleve?!!!! Why would he? the jedi would detect it

PVS
how? they can detect feelings, not objects

Nick1989
Ok. So whats your saying is that Sidous carrys a Saber with him? Under his sleeve?

PVS
im saying its a rumor

Nick1989
What do you think would happen if Luke did`int throw his lightsaber on the ground in ROTJ?? I always wonder what would happen

PVS
well, sidious has a lightsaber, we know that now.
but unlike vader and all jedi, you never see his sabre.
thats why i believe this rumor. it would make sense in that
he was truely never 'unarmed' and 'defenseless', more sith lies.

if luke didnt throw his saber down, he would have:

1-killed vader and turned evil
2-tried to kill the emporer, fail, and die.

Nick1989
If thats true, How could someone get their lightsaber quick enough to block luke`s attack??

Altar[1stONE]
probably a powerful form II, so he can fight one handed and use the force for offense attacks with the other hand.

vanyoda
Do you think we will see anybody use their light saber
like a boomerang ? I think that move was in one of
my friends Star Wars PC games.

PVS
its in KOTOR

Nick1989
One of the Jedi in EpII at the battle of Genossies. One of the Jedi use their lightsaber as a sort of boomerang

vanyoda
Thanks, I need to watch AOTC again to see that scene.
Aren't you glad I didn't start a new thread for my
question? laughing

PVS
if only others could take an example from you laughing out loud

whitewookie
Well vader does in essence in ROTJ. Cuts down the platform lukes on by spinning his saber and it........eventually comes back. Just a bit of a delayed reaction me thinks. Bit of force lag !! confused Damn 56ks

darthcraka
lol yea.... ive herd in a couple places that sid's saber glows anyone else herd that?

CinematicESP
All sabers glow...

tpaquin
Not ones that are...tunred off...

I don't know where I'm going with this.

I wrote an idealistic version of the Episode III script after II came out three years ago, and in it I had Palpatine sparring with a blade that glowed black(Black light). I thought that that would be cool, but Lucas is pretty adament on his "three-color" thing.(green and blue for the "goodies" as he says, and red for the "baddies" even though one migth argue that Vader's is more of a maroon color.) The only reason Windu got a purple one is because Jackson specifically asked for one.

darktim1
who knows what his fighting stytle will be just remember he did'nt even get up in return of jedi to remove lukes cuffs.I wonder if thats how yoda foundout not to under estimate the powers of the emperior when he fought him.

Clai Keboa
Didn't Plu Koon have a Yellow blade?

I like the idea of Sidious having his 'saber up his sleeve - Cool!

I just have a problem with him fighting with a 'saber in the first place, it just doesnt seem right somehow. Kinda like the (Ben) Obi wan fight in ANH. Old man with a stick syndrome!!. I'd much prefer for him to use a mass of darkside force (energy) powers. The old man's the best character in the SW universe (Vader 2nd place) and he should show everybody how powerful he really is......

I know you all probably disagree with me but just my opinion guys, I think the line below mean Sidious could kill Vader with a snap of his fingers because how powerful he was..........

"YOU DON'T KNOW THE POWER OF THE DARKSIDE, I MUST OBEY MY MASTER"

Ushgarak
No babbling about 'forms' as fact outside the EU area please.

And the idea Palpatine could block a sabre with his hands is ridiculous; that is losing all sense of proportion.

captainmidnight
but anakin and kenobi sensed those centipedes in padmes room!!!!!

mephistodesigns
clai--in eu, post TPM, pre AOTC. In the comics and toys Mace had blue, Adi Gallia-red, Sansee Tinn had purple, Plo Koon had yellow, but it was, again, eu. If you want to rationalize it, the re-emergence of this Sith brought back old rules. Obviously now that the Stih are back, we need clear cut sabers for who's who. Or some crap like that. IF you want to mesh film and eu in your head. But now Plo Koon has blue because thats what he had in AOTC. It Plo Koon in the group that moves against Sidious? I don't really want to see him die, the comics made me quite fond of him. Hopefully he gets some dialogue, I want to know how he talks.

tpaquin
In the game Jedi Power Battles he did, but in the movie he had a blue one. Mace had a blue saber in that game, and Ki Adi Mundi had purple. The Ep. I figures were released with these colores, and all the comics had them. The Darth Maul Diaries tells that Sidious sparred with a black blade, but as with all of the EU, Geogie is probably going to ignore it in lieu of his own "vision".

whitewookie
They are alive, and therefore have emotions or at least intent (this time the intent being to kill padme, or maybe snuggle up for some bizarre mating ritual). They sensed that! the presence of a living creature! Inanimate objects usually dont have malicious motives, and therefore cant be sensed! when was the last time ur microwave tried to commit euthanasia on you in your sleep?

captainmidnight
well why did obi-wan cut off zams right hand that held a weapon?

whitewookie
he sensed ZAMS intention to kill him? The weapon may not of been thinking "Hey, a jedi, lets play KILL THE BEARDED ONE" but zam sure as hell was!

mephistodesigns
uh...so he doesn't get SHOT.

whitewookie
that too stick out tongue

captainmidnight
uhh....so this shows that ben sensed a weapon?

whitewookie
No...that Ben sensed that zam wanted to kill him! The emotion. The intention. The whatever you want to call it. The fact that she was going to kill him, was thinking about it, and thats what he sensed. The fact it was on her mind. The same way Jedi can sense anger in each other (easy way to tell dark side from light side) they can sense it in non jedi!!

Although i've explained this twice before your choosing to read over it, please pay attention, repeating myself a fourth time really will be irritating.

mephistodesigns
exactly!

captainmidnight
i'm not trying to irritate you,i agree that sure he sensed the intention of zam wanting to kill him but i think he also sensed she had an object to kill him with

whitewookie
well starwars is like love and the bible my friend, the great thing is its open to your own personal interpretation wink

mephistodesigns
how can you sense something that has no force in it? its not a naturally occuring thing. Notice when explaining the force to Luke, yoda said it was BETWEEN the land and the ship, not in the ship. "LIFE creates it". They can sense life, not objects. They can move objects, but they can't sense them. That's why a jedi can sense a person's next move and react faster. It has nothing to do with whether or not they have a gun, a knife, or just their fists.

whitewookie
Think of the force as an infra red camera. Humans and living creatures often show up as huge blasts of color and easily scene, bland inanimate objects, no life, show up as nothing, and cant be seen, or just appear as a blank outline in the surroundings.

I know in various situations you can see weapons in infra red but im using this metaphorically.

mephistodesigns
that's an excellent explainaition!

whitewookie
ooooh!!! a fan big grin
Lol, dont praise me too much, i had to search up on google for infra red before i posted to prove to myself i knew what it was laughing

captainmidnight
i was just thinking and your right wookie,what made me think about it was when maul sensed kenobis intention but failed to sense the lightsabre that was used to cut him in half,if this is what you mean by not being able to sense objects i see your point now!!!!

whitewookie
Aye thats right. He looked bloody confused coz hes thinking "the buggers hanging off that lil post and hes thinks hes gonna kill me, whats he playing at" then he gets sliced in half by a sabre he couldn't sense!! Hehe. Comedy Genius! IT WORKS ON SO MANY LEVELS big grin........god im a geek

captainmidnight
yeah me too!!!

mephistodesigns
that's the best expression, that "wtf is he looking at?" face. Followed by a very well acted face that portrays, very simply, "ow".

Cipher
What if Palpatine's style is something elegant, kind of like the Jedi? Maybe with vicious killing jabs thrown....

eleveninches
If he could control his lightsaber through the force without holding it in his hands, then there would be nothing tho stop him from doing the same with 20 or more other lightsabers at the same time.

mephistodesigns
what a nightmare for ILM...

DARK ASSASSIN
yeah talk about it blink

Sith Master X
Yeah that would have to drive ILM crazy, but they've pulled off amazing stuff before.

neo313
i think the idea of palps controlling the lightsaber w/ the force could work if it had to, but only if it couldnt work any other way. i think its possible, (if yoda can look good while fighting and moving, then a really old guy can too, imo) but i would prefer him to actually move and fight

captainmidnight
if i remember right isnt palpatines saber kinda short,if it is mabey he wields it with just one hand

mephistodesigns
it certainly looks that way. its either short, or really fat! But it really looks like it can only fit in one hand. Maybe one hand saber fight, freeing the other for LIGHTENING!!! devil

Cipher
Maybe Palpatine uses the fencing style originally meant for Dooku....

eleveninches
If he can control his own lightsaber through the force alone, why would he bother? Wouldn't he just control the enemy jedi's lightsaber through the force to kill the enemy with their own lightsaber

neo313
good point, didnt think of that...

mephistodesigns
that'd be friggin' hillarious!

Sauroman
i think he knew that vader would save him, i think he knew him to well

jedi90
vader had two mechanical hands, he didn't use the force to block the shots.

i looked under the forum rules for eu and canon and didn't see anything that addressed the visual dictionaries. the aotc visual dictionary confirms the jedi use "forms". palp using his hands is silly and i think its a fan idea to show how powerfull they think palp should be, when in fact it kinda defeats the purpose of him having a saber in the first place.

Anakin2Vader
I webdoc..3?.. I think.. called "this weapon is your life" they show a case with all the main sabers in it and Sidious's is the same length as the others... maybe wider though

chilled monkey
If Sidious does use a lightsabre, I hope that they remember that his weapon has a blue blade. It's in the comics and there is a toy of him with a blue lightsabre.

So much for the 'Dark Siders have to have red blades.'

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Made a point there chilled monkey...however the Palp with the blue lightsaber is expanded universe-material and actually clone palpatine's lightsaber!...and yes there is a toy-figure from that same EU-collection with THAT same blue lightsabre which I happen to own(not really important though). Although it might seem logical to make the Sidious-sabre blue according to the EU, I don't think Lucas has that in mind while making episode3, and to be honest...I don't blame him! As stated by Lucas in many SW-documentaries and in books, the Sith and/or dark-siders always use red-bladed lightsabers, thus so much for that blue-bladed sabre! To be real honest, I think it's ridiculous to make it blue, would much rather see a black sabre if it has to be different.
Putting a blue-bladed sabre in Sidious' hands would be the same as putting Chewie's crossbow in Yoda's hands!!!

Ah well, episode3 isn't out yet, we'll see...but blast me if it's gonna be blue. PEACE OUT

chilled monkey
Yeah, you're probably right. Lucas doesn't seem that bothered about contradicting E.U.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
...and yes you're right about that! StarWars IS Lucas' idea, I bet he doesn't even know 10% of what's going on in the EU! All the deals with writers etc are done by wannabe Lucas' officials.

Ask Lucas who Zonama Sekot is and he'll say it's the latest episode of Spunchbob Squarepants!!!

Darth Subjekt
ya know what, comic books that dont have GL's name on it....arent "official", so he could have a red sith blade. and if luke can move his lightsaber when he was still learning, then theres absolutly no reason why Sidious cant use the force to fight with his. I think personally that he'll try to start like that, but end up fighting himself to beat yoda. Oh one more thing, is it yoda or "vader" that deforms sidious's face?

darktim1
yeah after all he did'nt need to get up to even take off lukes handcuffs in return of jedi so he probibley could control it with force.

Spectr4L
Hehe..check this out wink

Stealth Agent
That'd be cool and elagant if the ultimae baddie had a good blue blade i'd personally love it

Darth Subjekt
i dont think that he will be able to stop it with his hands....if anything, he may be able, with the force, to stop the blade inches maybe even centimeters FROM his hand. If that were the case, Vader would have had no reason to stop Luke from killing Palpy in ROTJ....unless he did that tp protect Luke from going to the darkside out of anger.....what do you all think???

dodgydingo
Hey guys, Hasn't anyone read the follow on books after rotj!
Luke grows to become as predicted the most powerful jedi known.
In his "learning" as he becomes so powerful with the force he gains the ability to use his sabre by force alone. In one battle he is trapped in a field (Like Obi wan on ATC) and forced to use this powerful force/sabre technique against 8 enemy. It's only that he is so powerful with the force that he can do so.

The emperor has such power!

Darth Subjekt
well we've already seen him physically swinging a lightsaber....so there ya go......and again thats borderline EU...not movies.

Telemicus
If you watch the trailer carefully you can see that Sidious is throwing his lightsaber a la KOTOR game

Darth Subjekt
but it was in his hands tho right? thats my point.

:.Space Opera.:
"Hey guys, Hasn't anyone read the follow on books after rotj!
Luke grows to become as predicted the most powerful jedi known.
In his "learning" as he becomes so powerful with the force he gains the ability to use his sabre by force alone. In one battle he is trapped in a field (Like Obi wan on ATC) and forced to use this powerful force/sabre technique against 8 enemy. It's only that he is so powerful with the force that he can do so.

The emperor has such power"

EU+statement=reported

Darth Subjekt
thank you space

sexyking
Originally posted by jedi90
vader had two mechanical hands, he didn't use the force to block the shots.

No it has been said he used force absorb to stop the shot from han so yes he did use the force for it.

FunktasticLucky
Okay. First off you say they can't sense objects. But Luke sensed the remote in ANH. Now as for the darth sidious thing I don't know. I was reading on a couple of sites that say he could move his saber so fast you could barely see the blade. We shall only see in the end when we finally see the him bust a cap in some Jedi.

Darth Subjekt
i truely think sidious will fight like nothing we have seen before.

sidious dies.

Darth Subjekt
in ROTJ.....

no in rots.

darthmaul1
since i can't start a new thread i noticed this on the trailer, and i was wondering who mace is fighting in palps office that has a red saber? palps/sidious? dooku or anakin?

h**p://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/sithlordarthmaul/mace.jpg

Darth Subjekt
we are in agreeance that palps is sidious right? when did Vader throw him over? thats right in ROTJ. member, how he saved luke and the lightside?

PVS
the remote was moving, and luke could sense its movements.
yoda teaches him and the audience the luke can feel the force
around him and between objects. had the remote just been
switched off and sitting in some compartment, i doubt luke would
have sensed it.

plus notice how vader's gloves were not singed.
if yoda can deflect force lightning, vader can deflect a
petty blaster shot, imho.

in a quick shot of one of the webdocs, we see palps' stun double holding a saber between takes. whats more interesting is he is not dressed as sidious,
but as chancelor palpatine. that doesnt mean that anakin wont also fight him,
but i would bet good money that palps will duel with mace.

oh please tell me you're either kidding or getting the titles mixed up,
and that you are not buying into ridiculous fanboy rumors.
sidious is palpatine is the emporer. he dies in ep6.

Darth Subjekt
thank you PVS. I actually second guessed myself for as sec. I hope he doesnt try to use the whole "certain point of view" crap to get out of this one. Like, "well ani died is Ep3 and BECAME Vader, so that means Sidious died in Ep3 and became the empore."...cause we all know theyre the same guy and Vader kills himin Return of the Jedi.

.:Space Opera:.
jus kidding

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.