original defenders vs fantastic four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
Who would win? the original defenders team ( the hulk, namor, doctor strange and silver surfer) or the fantastic four( mister fantastic, invisible woman, human torch and the thing). Its a very hard one, because i think that there are more power in the defenders , but the fantastic four have more experience as a team and they understand better each to other. id say that althought is a very hard battle, the fantastic four will win at the end. What do you think?

norrin radd

ScarletSpider
Actually, Surfer didn't come into the picture until later. The original Defenders were just Doctor Strange, Hulk and Namor. Surfer was later added to round out the "Big 3" into a "Big 4". I believe that Valkyrie was the 4th one to join.

Against just Strange, Namor and Hulk, the FF stand a better chance, especially with their superior team tactics. Still, depending on the writer, it could go either way.

bakerboy
Im not so sure that surfer alone or strange alone or hulk alone could beat the fantastic four together.

norrin radd

Wynndar
hmmm

crazyspinz
hulk could do it on his own, so could surfer, strange maybe, namor has wings on his feet...........

but namor is just as strong as the thing out of water

bakerboy
If i remember well, in a fantastic four comic series, only the thing give some hard trouble to surfer. But i think that surfer was damaged and not 100% of his level. Anyways, I guess that Reed's genious could find some way to beat surfer .

bakerboy
No way that the hulk alone or doc strange alone could beat the fantastic four all together, each member maybe, but not all together. Come on, only the thing is a very hard one for hulk, imagine with the help of reed , sue and johnny. And sue alone is another difficult one for strange, plus with the help of the other three it would be a hell for strange. I only doubt about surfer against the fantastic four. Its a very close one. Maybe reed intelligence would be the key to beat surfer.

crazyspinz
the thing is not hard for the hulk, he is basicaly the hulk but not nearly as good in anyway, hulk would easily destroy the thing, i said maybe strange could, he is the most powerfull human ever...

and i dont even know if reed is that mutch smarter than surfer, surfer has been around, he was realy smart on zenn la, and plus galactus gave him alot of knowlage

norrin radd
yhea surfer was a cientist in zenn-la. but reed is probably smarter, even so surfer is no dumbass.

wolverine8888
2 WORDS Silver surfer

Krissy Von Doom
The Hulk alone is trouble for the Fantastic Four. Namor alone is trouble for the Fantastic Four. Put those two together with Dr Strange and Surfer? That's too much for the FF.

KharmaDog
FF gets owned. The defenders are a major powerhouse of a team. FF has better team tactics and skills, but the defenders are just too powerful.

Wynndar
the original defenders with surfer included would definintely be able to push the FF into a corner...the FF would have to really cut lose to survive.

Evangel94
Defenders in a massive stomp. FF goes down hard.

Spiderninja008
like kharmadog said, just any one of the defenders alone one time or the other has or could give the whole FF squad trouble. FF takes a seat. Even without Surfer. Surfer is just murder plain and simple. Namore (Go Namor!!) could take out the Thing (he has) and Hulk could deal with Torch and Stretcho, or anybody else. Strange is no dumbass, so he could take sue.

Wynndar
the Thing has kicked Namor's ass on Namor's own turf, underwater...and this is not who is more powerful but who would win in a fight...the surfer is very powerful, but the FF have taken on plenty of people on the same level and superior levels to surfer...just taking a gang of super powers and throwing them at the FF isnt going to beat them...Aaron the rogue watcher sent plenty of super powered types against an incomplete FF and they still made it....Hulk and Silver Surfer were among those bad guys.

norrin radd

Wynndar
FF # 400 the thing, torch, and Kristoff fought Aaron the Rogue Watcher who sent dozens of villains against the FF in escalating power....Terrax, Surfer (taken from a point in time when he was still a herald) Gladiator, Hulk, Doom, Mole Man's monster, they held their own until Ant-Man destroyed a machine Aaron was building.

MERCILOUS
LOL! FF versus, original Defenders. Give me a break. This is almost as bad as Wolvie versus The Living Tribunal. Let me break it down.

Strange takes out invisible woman. She is the strongest member (she's taken on the rest of the FF before and nearly killed everyone) and her support role makes the FF Stand up against much more than they normally could. Namor is smart, if brash at times, But he'd take out the King, and ruin any back up Reed could muster. Hulk versus Thing, sure Thing's had his moments, but Strange'd be done so fast he'd be able to help with this, if not already providing support for the rest of the team (remember the FF usually rely on strange for support versus magic.) After this it turns into a mop em up. Not even worth 3 pages in a comic book.

You really think a stretchy guy (no matter how smart he is,) a fire guy (who's never been able to hurt any of the Defenders.) A tough guy (who isn't as tough as anyone on the Defenders.) and an invisible woman could take the Defenders!

Which by the way is comprised of the Sorcerer Supreme, Earth's first and mightiest mutant, Weilder of the Power Cosmic, and The world's most endless supply of raw power?

Wynndar
Namor is not the first mutant, he is the first mutant with his own comic book...and he has been beatin in single combat by both the Thing and Reed Richards...you say strange would dispatch invisible woman, yet you did not elaborate, just said he would beat her. Surfer and many other herlads and superior cosmics have been thrashed by the FF, it doesnt matter if surfer weilds the power cosmic or not...It takes at least Watcher level power to break sues field...surfer cannot do it. Namor invulnerable to Nova flame? "Your power is far DEADLIER than I ever imagined" - Galactus as Torch was going nova...Namor could not withstand the weakest of torch's flame. Strange would also have to protect himself from torch, however I think Torch would beat him the same way he beat Graviton. There is no use in trying to beat the Hulk in a physical battle...the avengers, x-men, and FF have all failed. However, when Thing was leader of the FF he beat the Hulk, then a robot Doom created to imitate the Hulk, and then beat the Real Hulk again...the FF also beat the Hulk in his own comic book, the Hulk escaped because he was talking trash to the Thing. Thing broke his restraints free and fought him again. The FF are the only team who can take the Hulk...however, in a fight with multiple enemies including the Hulk, Reed would probable just take him down the same way Doom did

norrin radd

Wynndar
"My force field has held up against Galactus" - Invisible Woman fighting Doctor Doom with the power of a watcher

MERCILOUS
I only stated Namor's little catch phrase to show that he was earth's mightest mutant. Although thing and Reed have beaten Namor, no members of the FF have any defense against the arcane (as has been shown several times. This is why i stated that Strange could dispatch of Sue quickly, force fields or not. Sue is also the one of the biggest reasons that the FF have been able to stand against so many opponents stronger than them. Yes thing has beaten the Hulk and Namor. But Hulk has also beaten thing and Namor regular would go Toe to Toe with the Hulk. Reed wouldn't have a chance to take anyone out, not with strange around. As for Strange needing to protect himself from Torch, this is Sorcerer Supreme Strange we're talking about, a man who has gone toe to toe with Fing Fang Foom amongst several others far more powerful than him.

Abaddon
I agree with MERCILOUS, this shouldn't even be a topic of discussion. The original Defenders are in a completely different league than the FF. The only edge that FF has is Reed's intelligence. In the end it wouldn't be much next to the combined powers of the Sorcerer Supreme and the Power Cosmic.

norrin radd

Wynndar
No defense from the Arcane? Ben Grimm recently drank Diablo's potion that would turn him into some kind of god Diablo worshipped...the other members had their own way to defend against it...Grimm just drank it. He the proceeded to escape his bonds and broke Diablo's spell...at the end of the comic the only explanation was: "well shit"...The Thing was never negatively affected by embibing the potion...The FF have beaten Diablo, Belasco, Mephisto, and plenty of other arcane types...Reed wouldnt be able to take anyone out? why not, because u say so? what kind of argument is that...u havent posted any opinions with past comic events while I post events every time. Reed would could take out each one of those foes because he either already has or has bested plenty of others. Im aware of Strange's past battles...but mentioning he beat powerful foes doesnt help your argument against the FF, because no one has beaten the kind of foes they have in terms of frequency or intensity

MERCILOUS
Listen, you said it yourself earlier. The FF has taken on many poweful types including heralds of galactus and so on. But this is one at a time. NO way they can compete with FOUR powerhouses. So Reed's gotten smart on some of his opponents, of course that's what he does. But there's no way that's gonna happen with Strange around. The FF have resistances to arcane? Diablo's a chemist, not a magician. and they've been plenty wooped by the arcane. Reed's the first to admit he knows nothing about it. As shown in that one book where they fight Doom after he acquires his new powers (i can't remember the name right now.) Disect this one by one, or group it all together all you like, more often than not, it takes the whole FF to take on Namor, More often than not it takes the Whole FF to take on the Hulk. The FF doesn't come close. You are clearly underestimating the Defenders. They've taken on things that the FF would be wise to run the heck away from.

Abaddon
Your wrong dude, Diablo is an Alchemist. There is a big difference.

MERCILOUS
Fair enough.

Mr Bumper Thump
Bump smile

Bouboumaster
Hulk soloes.
Silver Surfer soloes.
Srange soloes.
Namor beat everyone but Sue.

The four of them at the same time? It's an horrible stomp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.