Why did Vader prevent Luke from striking The Emperor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nick1989
We heard in EpIII that the emperor/darth sidious is going to be so powerful in EpIII that he defeats Yoda. Also in ROTJ, Sidious gets the power coupling off Luke without moving his Hands! so we know hes a powerful person. So when The emperor says: strike me down, i`am unarmed. What would happen if Vader did`int block Luke`s attack on the Emperor?

whitewookie
this topic is kind of irrelevant. Were already discussing it in the "sidious fighting style" one.

Nick1989
ok. sorry

Xam
it should be moved or merged with another thread in the episode IV-VI section

Revan X
because he's too loyal

PVS
as long as the thread's been made, may as well explain:

vader was still evil at that point, and he wanted to hold on to his power.
if he let luke strike down the emporer, luke would have been doing his jedi duty, and not giving in to hate. vader needed him to be evil so that he would become a sith.

i think in the end, vader had hoped that after pissing luke off, he would have been able to keep the situation under control. once luke had turned evil, vader would kill the emporer and take his place. but luke handed vader an asswhooping he wasnt expecting.

Spiderdrew8
This thread needs to be merged. Sombody get JP or queeq.

Boris
Jp?She's not a mod is she.....

Anakin2Vader
Because if he didnt there would have been no dramatic duel

PVS... I thought that Luke grabing the saber was him giving into the darkside.... or at least going down the path a lil bit... thats what the Emperor wanted him to do.

PVS
it was a start. he had to fight to give into his hate.
but when luke grabbed the saber, he was thinking pretty clearly...
dismally...but clearly. it was only after vader made him go apeshit that he was giving into the darkside.

shaber
That explanation would do yes

§pearhead
um...the emperor would die?

WindDancer
Emperor would just block it using the force. Don't understatemate the Emperor he may look old a weak, but he packs quite a lot of force in him.

eleveninches
then why did he offer luke the chance to join him and destroy the emperor in ESB

AntniEllison
The Emperor says "Strike me down with all of your hatred" and you can see luke givin into his hate coz he's breathing heavily and his face is red. Now what i rekon is that vader stopped him from striking the emperor down because he didnt want his son to turn to the dark side as the emperor said "strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the darkside will be complete". It was when Luke sliced off Vaders robotic hand that he started thinking straight again and made the decision not to Kill Vader. Thats wat i think anyway.

Nick1989
Ok. But i wanted to know what would of happened if Vader didint block luke`s attack on the emperor? What would of happened to the emperor? Becuase he did say he was unarmed

AntniEllison
Luke would of turned to the dark side end of question NEXT.....

whitewookie
And they would of ruled the universe as father and son. And starwars would have become the worst soap opera imaginable!

Nick1989
Would the emperor of blocked Luke`s attack if Vader did`int block it? Becuase people are saying that the emperor is the most powerful person that the galaxy has ever seen. and also he used the force to take off luke power couplings in ROTJ without moving his hands!

So was the emperor lying about being unarmed?

whitewookie
being one of the most powerful force junkies in the world is hardly being defenceless!! So in essence it was a lie, however u look at it

PVS
luke would not hve turned if he struck down the emporer.
thats why vader blocked his attack. why the hell would he have
prevented luke from joining the darkside.

luke attacked sidious, but not out of pure hatred. if that was the case, then obiwan would have been evil for killing maul.

vader needed to wait till luke was...i'll say 'ripe' with the darkside. when luke turned crazed and lost control, THAT was when he was ripe. THAT was when he gave himself (temporarily) to the dark side.

Revan X
because he a sith

jedijunky1138
Everyone would have lived SAPPILY ever after.

DARK ASSASSIN
vader's gay

PVS
well, that 'birth of vader' pic has s&m written all over it...and we know that vader was 'seduced' by the emporer...so.....hmmmm

but he got it on with padme...so perhaps he's a switch hitter? laughing out loud

jedijunky1138
It's a cover up

jedi90
thanks for the explaination, for the longest time i've been tryin to figure that one out. it makes sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.