Worst RPG ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix Aska
Is there such a thing as a bad rpg?

JKozzy
Probably. Just can't think of any off the top of my head. I heard Saga Frontier's PS2 sequel was pretty bad, though.

Phoenix Aska
That's the prolem...I can't really think of any that are bad....there are some that aren't good...like that everquest game

Red Superfly
How can you make a bad RPG?

Everyone just copies each other, replaces the player models and menu screens, mess around with the story a little, and BAM! New RPG.

Phoenix Aska
Hahahaha....that's funny...he reminds me of Emeril the cook...how he just goes BAM!!! and then there the food is done but in this case a new RPG is done....

SaTsuJiN
I think some of the breath of fires were pretty bad.. having played final fantasies before hand probably brought my expectations too high..

Phoenix Aska
Hmmm....I don't know I really liked breath of fire 4...it was the best one you should check it out......

StinkFist462
the RPG i made with RPG maker for PS1 ... i made a good as hell one but my other one sucked ass .

Phoenix Aska
Hahaha...weren't they suppose to make an rpg maker 2? Maybe it got cancelled or I was seeing things one day....

BENDER_17
UNLIMITED SAGA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix Aska
Somebody just reminded me...of the .hack series...they had a good storyline...but don't u think they got kind of boring?
Just running around dungeon through dungeon leveling up....

Yuna33
the whole damn series was boring!
even the show!
if the show is bad why make a game?!

Phoenix Aska
Lots of little kids liked the show...with such good turnouts...guess they couldn't resist making more money off of a video game...

StinkFist462
what ever happened to RPG maker 2 does anyone know ?

Phoenix Aska
It was cancelled...just like true fantasy live those bastards!!!

Red Superfly
In all seriousness, I thought Final Fantasy X-2 was a pile of crap.

Hammering the X button seemed to work for the first half of the game, the story was poor, the powerups were rubbish, and all the cool and interesting characters from the last game were dead/missing. Not to mention the ending was garbage and the whole game in general should have not even existed. I mean, come on; Ten-two?

Yassin
FINAL FANTASY X-2 Sucks and Blows

Phoenix Aska
Hahaha...

Squareenix is making a sequel to final fantasy X-2...

Sarah_Angel666
Yes, That game is Awful, I hated it and only played it for about 2-3 days. Then I sold it.

Sarah_Angel666
What the hell are you talking about?!?!?!? X-2 is good, you must not know a good RPG. X-2 is one of the Best FF out there, Next to III and VII.

Phoenix Aska
i'll agree with 7 being good....but with yuna the main charecter using guns and not a sword kind of ruins the whole FF set-up......

I liked FF7 because of how you could set-up materia!!!

SaTsuJiN

Agent Elrond
coughcoughnotarealrpg.ifitis,doomisensecoughcough

^hopefully someone can read that

Red Superfly
You have to be kidding me.

FFX was great - big powerful great looking Aeons that you really WNATED to have as part of your backup. It had Auron, one of the coolest FF characters ever, and the opening scene with the Blitzball was just amazing - the music was superb.

FFX-2 had dressing up as pop stars. No Bahamut, no Ifrit. Just, dressing up. Girls and transvestites probably loved it - but for me it was too "Pop-star girly girl" what with the refernces to crap like Charlies Angels.

It was TOO different to FFX that it should have been a different game - but seeing as they couldn't be bothered making new levels - they decided to re-hash the FFX levels and basically ruin everything I held dear to Spira.

FFX's ending was conclusive enough to just "move on" - and nobody even cared if we saw Tidus again. With Auron gone, they had to make it appealing - so they stuck yuna in a skimpy outfit and gave her guns - ca-ching!

I swear I can picture the men from the Orange ads coming up with FFX-2s ideas.

Phoenix Aska
All right...

On the chibi forums I'm in an argument about an RPG

The legend of Zelda the OT is not an RPG or an ARPG

SAY IT WITH ME PEOPLE!!!

Unholy_Cheese
I was once into the whole RPG stuff. Then switched to "shoot em up's"
But there was never a bad RPG game i ever played. All were very interesting. They actually work on those types of games

Phoenix Aska
Pokemon isn't that bad of a game...

Something to do when you're in a car or on a trip...

It is fairly entertaining...

unknownrocker
i think they shouldve stuck with FFX's battles system
It was too easy cuz i beat the whole game with Una's special garmet

unknownrocker
actually it did have all the aeons
it was fun but way too easy

unknownrocker
if this is even an RPG the worst would be phantasy star online all

Phoenix Aska
Yes....FFX was way too easy and the same goes for FFX-2...

Phantsay Star online versions 1,2, and 3 are considered RPG's....just, very boring RPG 's....

Silver Stardust
I loved FFX...FFX-2 is probably the weakest FF game, it really wasn't needed. Though I must say my favorite FF character is from there (Lenne).

I don't really know of a 'bad' RPG...I've pretty much liked all the ones I've played.

Phoenix Aska
On Ergheiz there was this mini RPG game that you could play......

That was also a horrible RPG....

The game itself was kind of slow too....

dark1365
Pokemon was so gay....I can't even find a valid comparison for it. I just, was like, EEWWWWW!!!! when i first saw it

Arachnoidfreak
Super Mario RPG sucked.

Phoenix Aska
Hmmm..okemon games are fun when your on a car trip.....

Silver Stardust
Pokemon, there we go. It was so retarded. You couldn't even kill your Pokemon, which automatically makes it no fun.

Phoenix Aska
Hahahaha....why would you want to kill your own pokemon SilverStardust?

Robo-Chocobo
if you fool would look closely, you would have seen the trademark FF job system, which has it's roots in FF1, and 5.
talk about awsome gameplay.

screw wimpy 10. it automaticly lost points just for making me watch the opening cut scene 2 times in a row, without the ability to skip it. mad

dark1365
It wasn't so bad. For it's "videogame era", I mean.
Now, Pokemoin, THERE'S a fruitcake of all RPG games.
Ugh.

Silver Stardust
Because it'd be something to do in that game...

In FFX you don't have to watch the opening cut scene twice, it's called pressing the start button (or maybe it's X) when it starts playing.

Phoenix Aska
I have another crappy RPG game that I remember...

It is called...Sudeki

FeceMan
Quest 64.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.