Episode I

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sasquatch
Does anybody here actually like that piece of shit? This was perhaps the worst debochery in the history of film. George Lucas somehow managed to take one of the greatest trilogies ever and turn it into the worst drivel I have ever been tortured with. The plot was about as deep as an episode of, "Barney the Purple Dinosaur", the characters were totally vanilla, that stupid little kid should have been shot in the face with a 12 gauge, Jar Jar is the worst character in the history of the Universe, and it seemed as if Lucas simply wanted to make his family giggle rather than actually making a good film.

Seriously, it takes you 25 years to come up with THAT? You start it all with a TRADE EMBARGO? George Lucas should serve prison time for that flick.

eleveninches
he really should have left the scriptwriting/storywriting to the people who wrote the original trilogy.

Sasquatch
Absolutely. The script was definetely the most pathetic aspect of that abortion. But George doesn't get off the hook that easilly. He could have seen that this movie was garbage and started over. However, he took the, "I'll make a lot of money by making this into a children's show" route. How many little nincompoop 9 year olds have you seen running around with gay little Darth Maul memorabilia? Screw you, George.

And furthermore, he had the chance to redeem himself with Episode II, which I think is the second worst movie ever made. Right behind Episode I, of course. Hayden Christianson my ass.

Ushgarak
Do please try and pay attention to area titles... moving...

Well, I completely disagreew with you guys. TPM was imperfect but I do not think it as anywhere near as bad as you make out, and certainly bettee than Return of the Jedi.

Frankly, I find your comments to be rather puerile.

Sasquatch
So sorry for putting the thread in the wrong forum. sick

But please, oh enlightened one, give me one redeeming quality in Episode I. Was it the, "magnificent" racing scene which offered absolutely no character development, plot development, and was merely a way for Lucas to flex his SE muscles? Or how about the the idea that apparently, the Dark Side DEVOLVED from using machines to Storm Troopers? I guess old George doesn't like continuity either. Perhaps it was the ridiculously anti-climactic fight scene that ended with them hitting a giant electrical switch?

Yeah, I guess I was out of line with my comments. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
see ROTJ before bashing TPM stick out tongue

TPM isn't perfect by far, but the others aren't either
it was nice ... RPG wise I think

Darth Jello
oh ye of little faith. the only thing that pissed me off about the prequals so far is that most of the really deep character development stuff was left on the cutting room floor cause it "slowed down the plot". since both movies have gone out of print in preparation for the rumored archival release, I hope those scenes will be added back in or refilmed to make them better movies.

§pearhead
Sas raises some decent points. The target audience in TPM should actually have been the fans of the OT, but instead Lucas half-asses it and attempts to introduce SW to a new generation. The plot was poor, but despite that, it did develop the characters pretty well. Peronally, I think that the true problem lies with Episode II, which did little to drive the story along; the big things that the audience has seens and now knows is that the clone army has been made, Vader has a short temper, and now anakin and Padme are married. Lucas didn't need to take 2 and a half-some-odd hours to tell us that, and instead he's left himself with a lot of work to do in the last movie--this means that he'll rush parts of it, leave the plot half-done, and make another bomb.

Lames.s.
I think the plot of Episode I was fine, it was II that screwed the pooch. I dont think that the Anakin character was developed enough. He comes across as an angry teen, not a man on the brink of becoming the most menacing figure in the universe. Too much time was wasted on Jengo Fett. He should have left the origins of Boba Fett up to the EU, it would have been better. The big chase of Zam was also a gigantic waste. All this time to chase this ass-clown around the planet just of have her/it get killed just in time to look up to see "someone" take off waring a jet pack. I was hoping to see more Palpatine/Sidious, maybe go more into Anakin's relationship with him. More of Anakin's anger and frustration. More of him abusing his powers, slipping closer to the dark side.

Lyn
I agree...Menace was fine. Sure, it wasn't the best Star Wars movie going but it wasn't a complete waste of time.

And actually, I think Clones did well on all levels; character development, the political side of things etc.

And Hayden was an EXCELLENT Anakin Skywalker, thank you very much. wink stick out tongue mad

RobBo
Very well said. In E1 we had such information revealed concerning the importance of Anakin's midichlorian count, yet this was not mentioned once in E2, instead, as our noble friend Lames states, we are treated to a character that resonates with a typical teenager.

I for one did not need the lengthy courtship scenes betwixt Anakin and Padme...I got the picture ok? (and several scenes of this nature were cut!!) I saw little of Darth Vader there.

None the less, E2 was a good film, alas that is all....a good film.

yerssot
why would you want the midichlorians back? or why seeing Vader? that's set for epIII

RobBo
@ yersott,

I felt that the midichlorian point was emphasised; then dropped...clumsily.

I didn't need to actually see Vader....just a hint of Vader's character.....stern and utterly overwhelming. The Anakin character did not deliver these promises. All we saw was a typical frustrated young man.

yerssot
they got a quick mention cause the audience needed to know how special anakin was "even master yoda doesn't have that much!"

well, still, the idea of AOTC as GL said before the movie got released was to show that Anakin was at a crossroad in his life and that with certain actions he was showing signs of taking the wrong turn (the dark side): the killing of the sandpeople, the agression and cockyness in the duels etc.

RobBo
I do think that the plot line of E2 can be summed up in that one word. Clumsy.

Lyn
You did see Darth Vader beginning to emerge when Anakin slaughtered the Tusken Camp and even when he's describing his frustration to Padme in the Apartment Scene; you see his temper.

Darth Revan
That was a little harsh, though I must say I agree with you 100%

Lyn
It was harsh...I mean, it's your opinion people...but I still think it's harsh.

Fallen Jedi
wow, that is harsh. blink

duresx04

yerssot
*Scar voice*
temper, temper.

Lyn
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.