ROTS Teaser Poster Description from TFN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BAILY
Anakin standing looking particularly evil in his dark Jedi robes. In the background are the tall walls of a Star Destroyer. The floors reflect the light of the walls. Around him is the silhouette or Darth Vader which fades into his Jedi outift. THE CIRCLE IS NOW COMPLETE is printed across the top of the banner.

MAY 2005
STAR WARS
EPISODE III

DARK ASSASSIN
this is a fake poster, you wanna kno why? cause it look slike sh:t.

BAILY
This info is from Josh at TFN. he was the one who released the info on the teaser trailer. The poster you are thinking of does look like sh*t. It is the one of Ani on the Tantive IV.

Boris
Cool stuff, like to see it though

DARK ASSASSIN
can you get a pic?

BAILY
No pics yet. He is just spilling the beans before he leaves TFN. Probably see it in November like the trailer

Sith Master X
Haven't we seen this pic in one of the threads already?

amity75
I was gona say "How can the circle be complete?" But I guess it is. Anakin going from good to bad to good again. We've been missing the good to bad link. Though from a timescale the circle is not complete at the time of EpIII. God I'm sorry, I'm sounding like a fanboy. Ignore me, I'm going to bed.

Jedi Priestess
I personally think its perfect. And I highly suspect this report is legit.

Jedi Priestess
RUN DONT WALK THIS IS THE POSTER JOSH JUST POSTED THIS LINK TO IT AT TFN!

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode3/newspics/epiiibanner.jpg

BAILY
It is a good poster. I cant wait to buy it. And hang it on my dorm wall.

Jedi Priestess
smart move lol

BAILY
Dont worry Jedi Priestess. I took it off. Just go to TFN Message Boards people. I dont want get into trouble.

JKozzy
I see nothing blink Is it still up? sad

And did anybody save it? sad

Because I clicked, and I get nothing. Save target as also does nothing. It just disappears.

Jedi Priestess
I edited lol wink

Jedi Priestess
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode3/newspics/epiiibanner.jpg

go there Josh must be serious about retiring from tfn the way hes letting all this stuff out.

JKozzy
That's the link I was referring to, nothing. Hit F5, it may be still in your cache...

*edit* So save it before you hit F5!!

Jedi Priestess
works fine for me Kozzy I just tried it again

captainmidnight
sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!

BAILY
Is it just me or does it look like Anakin has a scar under his left eye? It is pretty big. I know he has one on above his right eye, but in the poster, if you look closely, it appears he does

darthcraka
thats the awsomest i cant wait to own 5 of it

moonwalker741
ehhh....it looks alright.....i know its probably real...but it looks liek something a fan would make...

PVS
THANK YOU MOON!!!

i was thinking the same thing....and a certain couple of people called me a fan boy. i wont mention names though stick out tongue

JKozzy
I like the smoke big grin

But you knew that, JP wink Thanksss big grin

Jedi Priestess
so did the EP 1 & 2 moonie wink

PVS=Moonie=fanboys stick out tongue

moonwalker741
no i loved the episode 1 teaser! tahts a good poster...i hated the episode 2 teaser

moonwalker741
laughing laughing out loud

PVS
PVS=moonie=artists stick out tongue

JP=obsessed with hayden and drools over anything with his picture on it stick out tongue

darthcraka
ahahahah omg i think poster looks boss

Jedi Priestess
now thats OB! wink

El Toro
meh....

looks alright. wouldnt be surprised if it is fan.

moonwalker741
ok i would of just liked this...a silhouette
http://img82.exs.cx/img82/7348/5080.jpg

but noooooo! hey i have an idea, when i buy the poster, ill get black paint and paint over hayden! just to make it look less crappier

moonwalker741
this would be better if it was like this

http://img23.exs.cx/img23/4576/11750.jpg

Jedi Priestess
MOON!!!!!!!!!!! quit that!!!!!!! laughing nice pic btw buddy wink

moonwalker741
thanks laughing out loud

c'mon! be the judge..

http://img23.exs.cx/img23/4576/11750.jpghttp://images5.theimagehosting.com/3.65.jpg

PVS
with the image we have, yours looks better moon.
but perhaps the actual poster will look better. we shall see

moonwalker741
yeah good point

cal31
I still take the one with Anakin, to a lot of people the all black one won't make anysense to them, they won't know what the shadow is, yes it should be obvious but a lot of people are that dumb, so from a marketing point of view, you'd take the one with Anakin.

vanyoda
Great work Moonwalker, but in the end I prefer the
original. That's if it is real, and not fan made. I like
the emphasis on who will be behind the mask.

fruits
but since from what ive heard, anakin in the actual darth vader suit is only in the movie for a few minutes, i think it should have anakin in the poster, otherwise fans are mislead

moonwalker741
EPISODE 3 TEASER: VANYODA STYLE!!!

stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue laughing out loud

http://img77.exs.cx/img77/3030/YFcopy.jpg

Jedi Priestess
oh thats just WRONG in so many ways Moonie! laughing

vanyoda
Now we know of the smell behind the helmet , Yoda's butt. laughing

darktim1
It looks like he is standing on the platform from empire strikes back when he talks to emperior also looks cool can't wait to buy.

amity75
Aha! It says "Saga" and not "Circle".

waynerobsonuk
I think it's a great poster whether fan made of the real deal. I've got to say I think this is probably the real thing for a few reasons (some have already been touched on by people).
Firstly we know this is a dark movie and most of it is the fall of anakin so his face makes sense.
Secondly they wont want to give away to non star wars types a grevious poster yet....I think they'll save that for the second teaser trailer at the earliest, that face will make a big impact on people that aren't big star wars fans. Is it just me or does the background in that poster look sort of 'deathstar-ish/ destroyer-is'?? (wow I invented new words..PMSL)
Got to admit though that people are gonna be pissed off if they push the Vader angle in the build up to much and he's only in a very short time! That alone could get the film bad reviews.
It seems to me of late that the way lucas is handling things with the whole franchise in general it's almost as if he's ashamed of these movies. Not only does he say he wont make any more but if rumours are correct the story of EP3 will make it nearly impossible to make any more movies BY ANYONE! Thats as near a direct quote as I can remember...
BTW anyone got any ideas when the next web doc is due out?

Wayne...

Jedi Priestess
more than likely the end of Oct.

NoMeN
have a look, photoshopped a bit around stick out tongue

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/648/ep3banner.jpg

davesmolo
Curious.,..does anyone have the teaser banners from Ep1 or Ep2

Jedi Priestess
Episode 2

Jedi Priestess
Episode 1 you'll notice that NEITHER have the title on them

amity75
I don't think it's real but I'm probably wrong. I was expecting something more cryptic and darker.

vader519
That poster looks awesome, and it loos pretty dark all ready. I can't wait to see it in the movie theatres.

whitewookie
http://cartoons.sevspace.com/archives/s285.jpg
Wow, that poster takes me back!

J-Unit
It Should Look Like This

whitewookie
ACK. Those lens flares are WAY too distracting!

DARK ASSASSIN
lense flares on a star wars teaser?

PVS
'bling bling' vader laughing out loud

DARK ASSASSIN
i like the teaser, i think its cool how it says "the saga ends"

DARK ASSASSIN
....."is complete"

vanyoda
All in all I think this first poster is brilliant ! It invokes
the memories of the sets from the original series, and
it shows to the casual viewer of the change from
Anakin to Vader. I 've never really been a fan of
the final collage posters that come out.

NoMeN
FAKE!!!

http://users.pandora.be/famo/bth/bth01.jpg

+

http://users.pandora.be/famo/bth/bth17.jpg

+

http://www.artoosnews.com/artooscustoms/displays/starwars/hall-left.jpg

=

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/648/ep3banner.jpg

jedijunky1138
Peeps are posting HS pics again

Jedi Priestess
all I wanna know is what IF it turns out to be real. What are you guys going to say to cover your asses? And thats ok JJ its not on KMC's server.

vanyoda
oh sad , that is the background , but I personally
prefer it over the overdone posters of the first
two prequels.

Jedi Priestess
Van I liked those myself. wink

vanyoda
Well the world would be boring if everyone
had the same opinions , but I always thought
they were too Raiders of the Lost Ark looking,
plus they gave too much away. I guess I
like more understated posters. smile

jedijunky1138
Oh OK, sorry, my bad

jedijunky1138
Hey the poster has [email protected]** at the bottom. Hmmmm

NoMeN
yeah, thats my email adress...

Jedi Priestess
ok everyone get NoMens email addey now? On the count of three we all need to go into SPAM mode. laughing

jedijunky1138
Why did you put your e-mail address at the bottom of the poster?

Jedi Priestess
this just in from TFN posted by TDHArtist who is supposedly a LFL artist.

The funny thing is, when it is proven to be fake (Sorry folks, it is fake) this thread will disappear... no one ranting on how Josh could NEVER be wrong or swearing that it's real with ignore the fact this thread existed.

It's a well done poster, no doubt... but it's not what we're getting.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I like Josh, he's a great guy and TFN is part of the reason why I am where I am, TFN and everyone's responses to my work... but this is a fake poster. And no I have NOT seen the real one and No I have no clue what it looks like.

well now Im just blink

vanyoda
Oh no sad I'm crushed , well I still think the best Star Wars
poster was one my older brother had when I was a kid. I
would stare at it constantly and relive the movie.

Jedi Priestess
oooooooo got a bigger one of that? I remember that from when we went to the theater to see it.

vanyoda
Yes , here it is. This and the Jaws poster were incredible

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Vanyoda/Classicposter.jpg

Xam
it dosent look like the real poster thought

edit: the one from tfn

Jedi Priestess
Thanks Van!

queeq
Van the Man...

moonwalker741
oh dude, good look, could this be real????

moonwalker741
my redo of the poster that may be fake

pics thanks to NoMen

http://img33.exs.cx/img33/6486/Untitled-2copy32.jpg

a little crappy but it just proves that it may be fake if im able to immitate it

JKozzy
Except it doesn't look it huh

moonwalker741
yeah but the pics that nomen posted were just like the pictures of the poster...i say its fake imho

darthcraka
either way i like the poster and would defenetly buy it if given the chance

NoMeN
i think its fake aswell

waynerobsonuk
I just realised that the background to that poster is definatley from a new hope!
It's fro the part where Obi Wan is walking on his way to the reactor... meaning either:

1- There's a death star in ep3
2- They got the same decorators in as the death star
3- Its a fake using existing materials....

Take your pick.

Wayne...

NoMeN
or!

4. THE BANNER IS FAKE!

moonwalker741
its definitely fake yes
i dont really like the poster that much any way

Jedi Priestess
This just in at MF which I have to say I have always loved. yes

Well guys, I spoke to one of my contacts tonight, and they have declared that the banner image of Anakin outlined in Vader silhouette in front of the Death Star background with smoke is in fact the real deal, or at least a close representation. I say the latter simply because this person hasn't had time to see the image posted on the internet, but what he described is actually dead on.

Now if this information is inaccurate, I will be highly pissed off, because DP knows I am reliable when it comes to this shit, and it will only be a case of yet another one of my insiders with their head in their ass.

I was also told that theaters have these banners already, and that you should start seeing them up by next Friday, with a teaser 3 weeks away from today. Doing the math, this puts the teaser release on November 5th, which happens to coincide with the opening of The Incredibles.

I should have one of these babies in my hands by next Friday, and if that's the case, then we can be guaranteed of the teaser release.

The teaser description given out at TFN is also supposedly right on the money.

JKozzy
What's wrong with it? I like it messed

And JP> Excellent info, hopefully everything's "right on the money" as you said yes

NoMeN
the design might be legit. the poster IS FAKE.
also, i dont really like it at all. i was excepting to see a final duel theme

moonwalker741
yeah yes

BAILY
Looks like the poster may not be the final print after all. Found this article on Cinescape.com. At least we were all right about the trailer being on The Incredibles. Really want to see the final print of the poster.

From cinescape.com

According to one of our oldest, must trusted sources, the wait is finally almost over. They have told us that the long-awaited teaser trailer for STAR WARS, EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH will be playing on theater screens come Friday, November 5 -- but that plans are afoot for the trailer to run at least one day beforehand...and on television.

Our source has informed us that the STAR WARS trailer will be "placed" with THE INCREDIBLES, the new Disney/Pixar animated film also being released on 11/5. However, just because the EPISODE III may be shipped with the film cans of THE INCREDIBLES or suggested to play in front of that film doesn't necessarily mean that every theater screen will show the SITH trailer before THE INCREDIBLES. "Due to the kind of length for an animated film, two hours (with Boundin' short) running time and the IMMENSE number of studios vying to get placement on the film, expect some exhibitors to not play it with INCREDIBLES, though most should, if not on all screens of the film," our source told us last evening.

Furthermore, while our source could confirm the plans for releasing the EPISODE III trailer by November 5, the shipping title of the trailer and any posters and banners has not become known as of yet. Companies usually ship this kind of promotional material for highly anticipated movies under codenames to deflect any potential theft of the goods by those looking to make a quick buck using the buzz of the film.

We were also told that there is a plan to have the world premiere of the EPISODE III trailer the evening before it begins playing in theaters on the Thursday, November 4 showing of Access Hollywood, the syndicated entertainment television news program. We have not been able to confirm this news with a representative of AH but again, our source tells us that the promotion of said event should be happening very shortly, if it hasn't already begun.

Whether the EPISODE III trailer would be ready for online downloading around the same time as its debut on Access Hollywood or the next day remains unknown. Our source hazards a guess: "Typically studios break 'world premiere' agreements with media outlets like ET and Access Hollywood if they do online debuts, so it's likely it will be simultaneous to the first televised airings at best." That also makes sense to us.

Finally, does the trailer description scooped last week by TheForce.net sound like what we'll get to see next month? "The summary of it that appeared on theforce.net is legit from what I've been told," writes our man on the inside. "As to the purported teaser poster image they posted, it was an abandoned concept photo, though I'm told the actual image is in the same vein."

Jedi Priestess
A new description from a guy named foxphantom at TFN

Got a look at the Ep. III Teaser Poster today. Like my post about the trailer, I won't say how, but here it is:

You see Anakin in a right side profile at the bottom right side of the poster. His face is smattered with something that looks like ash, and he looks very, very angry. He is holding a red lightsaber (well, you can't see his hands, but a red saber beam cuts across from the bottom of the frame to the right side, so it could only be him who is holding it. Down the right side of his face across his eye is a scar.

Almost the entire rest of the onesheet is dominated by Anakin's cape, which flows off his back and forms the image of half of Darth Vader's mask in the upper left two thirds of the poster. The only other part of the poster not covered by Anakin or his cape is on the upper right, and is filled in with a rusty reddish color.

Overall, the color scheme is very dark, and the poster itself feels oppressive.

At the bottom, in small gold lettering is "Star Wars" and "Episode III". Ther is no mention of the subtitle on this teaser.

My first impression of the poster was it simply rocks. Simple, elegent, perfect. Thinking about it now, my impression of it has only gotten better. I love that they went back to the motif from the Ep. I teaser poster, but even more so, I love the fact that Darth's mask completly overwhelms the image, overpowering Anakin in the frame. Anakin can not escape his destiny.

As far as the marketing side of it goes, between this and the trailer, it is obvious that Lucas has made a decision to sell the hell out of Darth Vader being in Ep. III. He's going to make sure that everyone on the planet knows that their favorite villian is back.

That's about it, I'll try to answer any other questions I can, I just wish that I could have taken one home so I could have it on the wall right in front of me now.

vanyoda
Red light saber , I thought it was blue confused This is so
confusing JP laughing

Jedi Priestess
This is the POSTER description. Apparently Josh's was for the banner. The bigger thing that usually hangs in the hallways./

LandoSpeeder
If this is the real deal than I thank who ever designed this they should of thought of putting the Title "Revenge of the Sith" on the poster.

Jedi Priestess
Nope not for the teaser one. The title is never on the teaser poster.

LandoSpeeder
Oh, right I forgot.

Jedi Priestess
Latest word from TFN and MF is that the OS will be posting the teaser poster on its site TONIGHT!

Sith Master X
YES!!!! I hope so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.