Hayden Christiansen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MornGlory
I just hope that Mr Hayden doesn't screw up playing Darth Vader- that could ruin the whole Star Wars experience. embarrasment

Love Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan!

Cipher
Yeah, he'd better get the mannerisms right. I'm still concerned about him not being tall or big enough.

cylob49
NO NO NO NO NO NO.....................it wont be Hayden who screws up.
If Hayden as Anakin/Vader doesnt work it wont be Mr Christensens acting to blame
itll be Lucas direction
Mr Christensen given the chance is an excellent actor as he has proved in SHATTERED GLASS
On the basis of a few pics and a few btscenes clips Hayden looks like hes gonna pull it off.

Lyn
My opinion may seem biased to some people but I truly believe HC will do a fantastic job. We've already seen glimpses of a darker Anakin in EpII and EpIII will be a chance for him to show us more. I have great confidence in his abilities.

mephistodesigns
I totally agree. In his role in Life as House had him showing a darker side. I think its clearer what George wants this time around. ROTS has a lot more classic themes going on, much more Shakespearean tragedy. It'll be a more direct story also, which will allow him to focus more, dispite Lucas' directing of actors. He sets up great shots, great pacing (in the OT, I have a problem with the pacing in PTs, but I know its cuz he has so much to cover). But the PT actors that need a director arre clearly suffering. I've seen Natalie Portman be much more natural than she is. I don't think fantasy is her thing.

But I thought Hayden was good in AOTC as well. I think it was a much more subtle performance. I really loved the whole scene where he tells Padme he killed all the Tuskens. That was powerful. Also the scene where his mom dies and he lets that one line drop as if he can't speak anymore, but his lips keep moving for a second, with no sound coming out. That was very realistic. I think the scenes where he complains about Obi-wan in the begining need work, but again, for all we know, lucas is yelling at him "no, more whinnning". I know I'm supposed to feel his immaturity, but I felt like I was getting slapped with it. I thought rushing Dooku was a good way to show his character, that he' selfless, he always wants to make things right, and make the evil in the galaxy suffer, but he's too immature to understand how to do that.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, it's not like Hayden screwed up the 2nd one like people claim. It's a Skywalker trait to whine like a ***** in the first two installments of the trilogy focusing around you. Luke was w whiner and kind of a wimp in the first two, but look at ROTJ. That's right, Luke took on Darth Vader and defeated him in combat. Hayden will make an excellent Vader, and I'm surprised Lucas was smart enough to choose him. All he needs now is better dialogue.

whitewookie
and how many mannerisms does suited vader truely have? Point Finger? Clench Fist? Double up wheezing?

MornGlory
I thought Hayden was almost the best part of Ep II-- i thought his acting and intensity was the best--

but I hope EpIII will be better than Ep I and Ep II - because I am still waiting for some GRAND from lucas

El Toro
judging by the pics it seems hayden has morphed into the role of anakin. but the release of the movie will prove if he truly owns it. AOTC acting just didnt seem natural until 3/4 into the movie.

i havent seen any of hayden's other movies but i have faith he can produce something special as ROTS is ANAKIN's movie.

DarthCyrax
the reason why aotc was kinda bad was lucas. i still liked aotc but lucas couldve made it better.

gl if you read this please dont go overboard.

MornGlory
^^ - maybe Mr Peter Jackson (who did Lord of the Rings) should of directed all the Star Wars prequels
starwars

desiringhaydenc
He is the best...well to me anyway.wink

Sith Master X
I don't think it's GL's fault. Not just because I like the prequels and thought that the first two so far were great, but if you watch the documentaries, GL does a superb job at directing, it's just the acting doesn't always pull through on some occasion.

I think the acting has been good thus far, but I have only had 2 scenes were I had a problem with the acting, and they both fell in AOTC. The first scene is where Anakin is whining about "It's not fair" I thought that could have been better. The other part that just didn't feel right was when the Clone Trooper goes to assist Padme after she fell from the ship. The acting there on Padme wasn't as great as it could have been. But other then that, in my opinion, it's been perfect.

mephistodesigns
yes, that was her worst line by far. Their mutual picnic scene was good up until he used that shot from the sound of music of her running through the grass. What was the point of that other than to have them roll on the ground together? Speaking of which, was that suppose to be a metaphor for roll in the hay, or am I just being an 8yr old?

I like the prequels, a lot. I do let a lot slide in order to do it, but for me at least, I think the problem comes down to two main points. The first being the pacing, this can't really be helped when you have SO much to cover. Not only to you have to cover all the new stuff that wasn't in the OT (like Jedi rules and stuff like that) but you also have to cover the fall of a government, Anakin's emotional problems, Anakin's romance with Padme, the Sith plot, a fake war...there's just way toooo much for two hours a film. They really need to be 3hrs each. Well, not TPM, but definitely AOTC and ROTS. But there's not enough time for "down time" like in the OT. Like the scenes of Anakin and Padme with her family wasn't bad, it would have been better than the running in the grass scenes.

My second problem is the music. Now, I'm not talking about the love theme or Duel of the Fates. Those are solid. But everything else is just dry background noise for the most part. If you listen to the OT soundtracks, even the more mundane scenes have deeply emotional pieces of music in them. The new ones just aren't as bold, they're almost holding back. The music isn't adding as much to the drama as it did in the OT. Sweeping scenes like when Ani turns his racer on for the first time, that had good music. When he says goodbye to his mom, good music. Fight scene, good music. Everything else is totally forgettable. AOTC is the same way. There aren't enough themes. A simple example would be the difference between Hans Zimmer's Gladiator and his Troy soundtrack. The Gladiator soundtrack had powerful battle music and richly emotional tracks for quite times that were made more dramatic because of the music. Then in Troy, there weren't any real themes so it just comes off as background filler. That's how I feel about the OT vs. PT music. Williams needs to feel the scenes more and really dive into them, maybe even overdo it a little to make sure you hit that mark. Good music can make a bad scene good, and I think a lot of that happened in the OT. There were no doubt lame scenes then, but the music covers it up, and pulls you in. I'm just not feeling the music as much anymore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.