Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nick1989
Why did Darth Maul go out like a Punk? Darth Maul was probely one of the best lightsaber duelists ever! Why did he go out like that?!

Morgoths_Wrath
cause he got cocky and underestimated Obi-Wan (one of the future most powerful Jedi in existance, I might add)

Nick1989
Ok. Good point. But, remember when Qui Gonn was in that laser field with Maul. Why did Maul smile at Qui Gon??

Morgoths_Wrath
because he knew that since Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were split up by the laser field that they would be facing each other one-on-one, since there was no possible way for Obi-Wan to get to the other side in time before it was activated again.

Nick1989
Ok. Was Maul overconidence his weakness?

Nick1989
Was his overconfidence his weakness?

Morgoths_Wrath
Your insight serves you well

Nick1989
So it seems that Palpatine, Dooku and Maul were very overconfident.
Unlike Vader, becuase he was once a Jedi.

If Palpatine knew this, he probely would`int of been killed in ROTJ

Nick1989
If Palpatine knew that Dooku and Maul were overconfident i mean

Gollum1956
Darth Maul forgot about Qui Gons lightsabre and he had lobbed Obi Wans lightsabre down the hyper naboo ventulator so Darth Maul though their was nothing he could do and he is a padlewan so he let of his guard and in an istance Obi Wan used all his power and force to use jedi pull and do a flying fling

Darth_Nefarus
Being part of the darkside just makes you overconfidant. But come on, how could Palpatine not be overconfidant? He did orchestrate the destruction of the Jedi order, stole the Chosen One, and took over the galaxy. I'd think I was invincible as well.

Mr Parker
Darth Maul sucked as a villian,He was so stupid looking.Not at all a believeable looking villian like Darth Vader was.

Ogami Itto
I thought he was perfect apart from his demise! made him look like a bit of a dumbass all he had 2 do was hold his saber out above Obi's head and he would have passed right through it! ho! ho! If i were in Charge i would have made Kenobi cut him in half on the way up then landing behind him as normal and watch him split OR force Pushed him down the shaft maybe so he could return in AOTC ( mabye not i dunno?)

Cinemaddiction
All the disposable villains do. They get overhyped to sell the merchandise, then killed off so that they are guaranteed to sell at one time.

Besides, Darth Maul was just Lucas's way of cashing in on the tribal tatoo trend, which everyone knows.

Arsenal
Quote from Vympel:
Obi-Wan was going close to the Dark Side when he was fighting Maul (obviously), Maul used that against him when he force pushed him into the shaft. When he calmed himself and launched himself upward, Maul had no idea what he was doing- his precognition was clouded. Essentially, Obi-Wan used the force. I think it's in the novelization.

Ogami Itto
Ye

Ogami Itto
oops!! yeah but i reckon i could have killed obi - wan in that circumstance! "oh dear hes moving up towards me and i have this ignited saber in my hand! what will i do????"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.