its not blue vs blue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lucasfilm
okay i just have to sya that i am gettying sick and tired of people saying that the ep3 duel will be blue vs blue....

as defined in the star war svisual dictionary:
if two are battling, each saber must be a different color, or they will pass through one another.

you cant deflect a lightsaber if its the same color as yours..
they'll just go through eachother

their frequencies have to be different and the main (almost only)part of the frequency is the color

Mist
its impossible to have two sabers of EXACTLY same frequency. One might be say 100mhz and another could be 100.01 and they would not pass through!

Sith Master X
And that is 100% correct, and not just some expanded made up thing or whatever??

Mist
and the colours might pass through but not the blade. the colour is light, the blade is energy.

darktim1
plus on the cartoon I think anakin liked the red lightsaber better when he picked it up and killed assaj ventress. Who knows does it say who's lightsaber he kills dooku with blue or red just thought for now I vanish.

moonwalker741
ok people! its a movie! god damn.....and george lucas confirmed it will be BLUE VS. BLUE....thats it......no more stupid comments, saying "ohhh thats so gaaay!!!!!"

PVS
visual dictionary is not canon

GL confirmed it

*cough*spam*cough*

Mist
if you want to know the true colour of anakins saber, its stick out tongueink

Mist
yes, anakin falls to the gay side of the force and reveals his true identity as a dyke lord of the sith.

lucasfilm
lol
okay man, i just think that it will just look dumb if it was blue blue. maybe george "confirmed" it just to surprise us later... i mean have any of you seen any completed footage with the blades? no. and its because he wants to fool us

Jedi Priestess
this is FACT

lucasfilm
right, "fact" by lucas....
what will you guys say if it actually DOES turn out to be blue vs another color?

Mist
it should be blue vs blue, cause when anakin falls in lava, he should lose his saber and obi wan will pick it up and give it to luke in ANH.

lucasfilm
wouldnt that melt the hilt?
and why wouldnt he just give him his sabre from another time.. i mean yah it might be cool but kinda impossible

or are you just sayin that he drops it outside the lava?
anyways it should be blue vs red

moonwalker741
actually i could of sworn i saw a glimpse of blue and blue in webdoc 10

OB1-adobe
Wherabouts is that info by the way? I'm not saying your a liar, I just never saw conformation in words of Blue vs. Blue.

I got to admit, those visual dictionary books are pretty cool though. They are great companions, even though they have some hacks makin up crap in them.

moonwalker741
sorry but i dont have an exact quote, but i am 99.99% that george lucas confirmed it.....and also, in documenteries, ive seen artwork of the duel and it is blue and blue, on the episode 3 toy promo pictures, its blu and blue, in the web doc, im pretty positive i saw blue and blue...but i dont have exact words of what gl said

cal31
I never remember hearing Lucas confirm it's blue vs. blue, but I do hope it is.

Anakin2Vader
its blue vs. blue on marketing matrial already

Bagels
No, no, no, stop right now. Look, I have been down this mode of thinking before. It goes absolutely no where except making someone look like an idiot, so dude, just get over it! It's blue vs. blue. It's not like it's a big deal. I don't know about you, but I'm more looking forward to the duel itself than what color the lightsabers are.

mephistodesigns
yeah, its on the toy packaging for sure. Didn't they say it in an Insider too?

moonwalker741
yes thank you!

Cipher
It should be blue vs. blue to symbolize Anakin's betrayal of the Jedi Order.
The Visual Dictionary and all books like it which are based on the EU are not canon.

Anakin's blade has to be blue for it to be the same one Obi gives Luke 20 years later. And Anakin can't fall into the lava or there'd be nothing left of him.....

chilled monkey
This is easy. Any colour has many different shades. You can have light blue, dark blue etc, with many subtle variations inbetween. In some cases the difference may be too subtle to see. That answers the frequency problem.

Personally, I'd like to see blue on blue. It would make a nice change from blue/green vs red.

darktim1
okay it's blue vs blue.

DARK ASSASSIN
either way it's cool blue on blue or red on blue. IT DEPENDS ON WHETHER OR NOT ANIKAN BECAME A SITH BEFORE THE FIGHT WHICH IS VERY UNLIKELY.

DarthLazious
It will be Blue VS Blue...Trust me on this one.

Boris
Meh blue v blue sucks ass

PVS
oh GET OVER IT laughing out loud

its going to happen, so you may as well accept it. stick out tongue

TheElectricFox
OMG you people are such idiots,

1. Visual dictionary is not cannon
2. Blue vs Blue has not been confirmed or denied
3. Webdoc 10 showed maybe a frame of what could or could not be the b vs b duel, but still no complete footage
4. The original 83' ROTJ trailer had luke with a blue saber. now where in ROTJ does lukes saber look blue??

It will be blue vs blue only if we see it in the final theatrical trailer!!!

I maybe new to this board but have been part of theforce.net for a hell of a long time.

PVS
how lucky for them.
so i guess that gives you the right to call everyone idiots?

the painting on the ep3 package design is blue vs blue

Anakin2Vader
Acctually it has been confirmed on marketing materials and on the OS during a HS chat.... so if your new you may want to avoid calling people idiots for being wrong while your wrong yourself http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/id.1076/dn/default.cfm

PVS
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/id.1076/dn/default.cfm

check this package out from the hasbro site. blue vs. blue

IRON EDDIE 666
Originally posted by lucasfilm
right, "fact" by lucas....
what will you guys say if it actually DOES turn out to be blue vs another color? [

What will you do when you finally wake up to reality and realise how much crap you are talking?

Anakin2Vader
^^^ ohh s*** .... we must have hit enter at almost the same time

Red Superfly
Why would Anakin have a red saber seemingly appear out of nowhere? It's supposed to be during his turn to the dark side. If he does, here's what I think thes script would be.

Obi-Wan: "Anakin, what are you doing!"

Anakin: "There is no escape"

*Anakin ignites his RED lightsaber*

Obi-Wan: "Hang on, where'd you get that"

Anakin: "I made it, just now"

Obi-Wan: "Why don't you just use the blue one"

Anakin: "Because the audience is too stupid to think that a blue lightsaber wielding warrior is evil"

*Anakin swings his red saber around*

Audience: "Oh, he's got a red lightsaber, he must be evil. I didn't know he was evil until he ignited the red lightsaber. If it was blue I'd definitely be sure two good Jedi were fighting for no good reason."

See? It won't make sense, only than to patronise the audience. It's not like Anakin goes "I better pack my red lightsaber for my trip to the darkside".

Ushgarak
Good Lord... sabres of similar colour pass through each other? Even for the notorious Visual Dictionary, that is a tad far! What an odd idea! These people go manic sometimes.

jedijunky1138
Here is a wrench to throw in the argument. Obi-wan gives Luke Anakins saber in ANH. That saber is BLUE. Anakin looses the saber during the duel. PROOF! Blue v/s Blue!

TheElectricFox
Im going to laugh real hard when it is NOT BLUE VS BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

and for the fact that same color sabers cant deflect eachother is garbage.

I never said that he would use a red saber. He will most certainly use a saber other than a blue colored one. He more than likely have his notorious blue one with him during the duel but that does not mean he has to use that one. Dont you think he took other jedi's sabers when he goes beserk and kills them???

you people are as bad as SUPERSHADOW himself.

jedijunky1138
You friend make no sence. Why dont you go visit SS and leave this to the people who REALLY know Star Wars.
Watch the footage from the duel, do you see any other sabers? No I don't think so.

PVS
isnt he needed back at tf.net? or did he annoy them as well? roll eyes (sarcastic)

darthbabb
yo hold on guys dont worry about it the movies comin out in 7 months we will all see that it is going to be blue k?

Bagels
Okay, once again someone is thinking WAY too hard. Stop trying to think up your own ideas and call it fact. It doesn't work. I've tried it. So cry me a river, build a bridge and GET OVER IT!!

We're not the ones who are calling pure spculation fact. We base our thoughts on confirmed reports.

Jedi Priestess
whoop dee friggen doo..........so have many of us stick out tongue we just dont brag about it. Ive been a member at TFN since before TPM in one ID or another and quite frankly while its a good board the fanboy bullshit gets old real fast. I mean seriously they have been arguing for over a thousand posts the validity of the poster Josh posted. Give me a break. messed

And KMC's board has something you will never see at TFN and thats linkage to the good stuff. wink

Bagels
Amen to that!! laughing

jedijunky1138
And when it comes from JP....... Dat as they say is Dat.

Bagels
Of all the things to worry about . . . the color of the lightsaber? That's almost as bad as people fretting over the fact that Chewie had no pants.

lucasfilm
i dont really care what jp says and i think electric fox is the only sane person on these boards.

lucasfilm
i dont really care what jp says and i think electric fox is the only sane person on these boards.

and as for the package artwork... just because there is concept art doesnt mean that that is what its gonna be like....

example:

PVS
only sane person???

you know what they say....birds of a feather....

PVS
oh, and by the way lucasfilm,
fox said:
---------------------------------------------------------------
IDIOTS!!!!
OMG you people are such idiots,

1. Visual dictionary is not cannon
2. Blue vs Blue has not been confirmed or denied
3. Webdoc 10 showed maybe a frame of what could or could not be the b vs b duel, but still no complete footage
4. The original 83' ROTJ trailer had luke with a blue saber. now where in ROTJ does lukes saber look blue??
-----------------------------------------------------------

yes, "visual dictionary is not canon."
he was also referring to YOU as an idiot...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anakin2Vader
^^^ lol...

looks like everybody is holding the right color lightsaber in those too lucasfilm

JKozzy
Awww... don't remind me, that was cool stuff sad

lucasfilm
no man he was referring to you guys as idiots

he also said:
that he will laugh so hard when its not blue vs blue
"I never said that he would use a red saber. He will most certainly use a saber other than a blue colored one. He more than likely have his notorious blue one with him during the duel but that does not mean he has to use that one. Dont you think he took other jedi's sabers when he goes beserk and kills them???

you people are as bad as SUPERSHADOW himself."

and i agree completely

and no, he isnt the only sane person on here
BORIS: blue vs blue sucks ass

PVS
deny all you wish pal.

you brought up the visual dictionary...CORRECT?

he made reference to that as #1 on his 'idiocy list' CORRECT?

its clear that he was also referring to you as an idiot. anyone else care to disagree? *tapping foot*

cal31
I'm positive it's blue vs. blue, on the one world, two movies web doc, George asks one of the prop guys if a certain saber is the one given to Luke, to which he say yes, then George says then that is is the one Obi Wan takes after the fight. So that would lead me to believer that Anakin's lightsaber is blue since the one given to Luke is blue, and Obi Wans lightsaber has always been blue, so blue +blue = blue vs blue.

Anakin2Vader
ohh man this guy dos'nt quit... and man you were #1 on your boys idiot list... and Boris said he did'nt like Blue vs. Blue, not that he dos'nt accept that it is

darthbabb
yo again who cares i mean yeah i do but like, the movie will come out and we will all see plus color matters not yet style does ya with me?

vanyoda
Hey Endenkton why don't you contribute a bit
more than the same quote in each post ? It's like
the saying "once a wit , twice a dimwit".

Themanonthemoon
Oaky,one question: Does it REALLY matter?
I mean,it would be interesting to see a duel with blue Vs. blue,but jeebus,people!You're arguing over something as trivial as airline peanuts!Who CARES if Anakin uses a blue saber?Shouldn't we just not worry about it and just try to enjoy the movie when it comes out,and until then,NOT argue about trivial things??

tpaquin
I think that blue vs. Blue will add a different and pretty cool visual dynamic to the "Most important lightsaber battle in Star Wars history"

mauler
I agree...

This is FACT:

"The color of a prop lightsaber used during shooting has NOTHING to do with its final color on film. It is only given a color to contrast enough with the bluescreen or greenscreen backgrounds for later effects. "
-Pablo Hidalgo (Official Site, Hyperspace Chat )

"The lightsabers used by Obi-Wan and Anakin are ones we have seen before. "
-Pablo Hidalgo (Official Site, Hyperspace Chat )

Jedi Priestess
and this is supposed to bother me? hysterical

Solidarsenal
It would be cool because I've never seen two lightsabers of the same color used against one another.

lucasfilm
because its not supposed to work
thats exactly why we have never seen any with the same color go against eachother

ctsketch
nope if you look at some of the unfinished scenes fromt he duel the hilt of the saber anakin wields is the same one thats given to luke, so its diffinetely blue bladed.....

mephistodesigns
what the hell is all this crap about it not working? this is obviously EU, and even in EU, that's a stupid concept. We've seen, through out the comics, books, cartoons, etx. same color sabers hitting each other. Now we get to see it on film. Who the hell said that wouldn't work and how long ago did they say it? Its retarded (sorry for not being P.C.). But c'mon. Its an ENERGY beam. Color's got little to do with anything other than aesthetics, even in the EU.

lucasfilm
i hate EU!!!

mephistodesigns
well than where did you hear about this blue vs blue thing supposedly not working?

Anakin2Vader
yet you quote it as scripture......... its blue vs. blue

AntniEllison
Its definatly Blue Vs Blue Why can you accept that? i Think its gunna look good, I'm gunna laugh at u lot when you realise it is blue on blue and u think oh shit he was right.

pathetic

Red Superfly
According to the visual dictionary, it's going to a VERY short fight when Anakin and Obi-Wan go to clash sabers, but because they are the same colour (and as we all know, colour tells us the frequency that things operate at :P) they go right through each other and both slice each other in half.

I don't know how Lucas is going to get out of that plot hole.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously - what sort of BS is that anyway? The same COLOUR means they can't clash?

Maybe that's why The Sith only have two - if they have any more, they fight, and because they all use red lightsabers, they'd be extinct pretty quickly.

Again - roll eyes (sarcastic)

yankster
i hope anakins is red

jedijunky1138
Thank You CT! proves my point in my earlyer post. That my friends is the only proof you need.

jedijunky1138
It doesn't matter what frequency the blades are supposed to be. What matters is the color that is applied to the saber during rotoscoping. GL has all the power here, he and only he can decide what the color of the blade will be and I doubt that GL is looking at some outdated visual guide that is EU anyway and making his decisions.

AntniEllison
i kno this is EU and it aint canon but in the clone wars cartoon series when anakin is battling asajj ventress wiv 1 of her red sabers them sabers aint passing through eachother

Spectr4L
It wont!...IT WILL BE BLUE vs. FADED DENIM BLUE... evil face

wink

mephistodesigns
I think he was being sarcastic, he agrees with you, hence the rolly eyes... but you hit the nail on the head. Lucas says what color in what scene. That's the only rule that is law in this situation.

Anakin2Vader
You know what Ive been thinking maybe lucasfilm is right... Im not even sure about anything we've seen... even though we have seen Hayden and Ewan dueling together Im still not convinced we will see a Anakin vs. Obi Wan duel... I think he is just faking us out to draw our attention from the real epic duel... any thoughts on what the real Duel will be...???

PVS
yoda vs padme

yoda: "seeing you dead brings warm feelings to my heart"

Jedi Priestess
if that were the case then they wasted a whole lot of hours in the Anakin costume filming. messed

Darth_Duffy
you are joking i take it?

PVS
no doubt its sarcasm

Naredhel
In response to this whole colour thing; similar blades passing through each other... that really doesn't work... Grevious fights Jedi using Jedi coloured sabers (blue and green)... so that kinda screws up that theory, dunnit stick out tongue
I wish GG ends up with Mace's purple saber... so g-roovy

"I'm hip, I'm cool" - GG

LOL

lucasfilm
yeah but since GG has 4 arms and 4 lightsabers, he uses each arm for a diff. persons saber

Anakin2Vader
LOL hilarious... just picture it I cant stop laughing

mephistodesigns
and anakin and obi-wan use different sabers...soooo what's your point? confused

Jedi Priestess
and this IMHO is THE dumbest thing that will be in ROTS. Why did Lucas feel the need to add another villan? Im SO not looking forward to Grevious.messed

Anakin2Vader
^^^ then hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised with him... I am really looking forward to seeing him... a new villian is better than no new villian

Darth_Duffy
i actually agree with JP on this, it would be different if perhaps grevious had been mentioned in the OT at some point but i think there is more than enough story that needs to be crammed into ROTS that introducing a brand new villian only for him to be killed off is rather needless.
However, personally lucas hasnt let me down so far so i have every faith in him

Jedi Priestess
Im just full of it the rest of the time eh Duff? laughing

Red Superfly
I just think there was an awful lot of WASTAGE in terms of the story and character.

They could have just scrapped Episode 1, and started the saga from Episode 2's timeline (which is how I personally pictured it before they were made, and still prefer it).

If they made better use of the time they could have easily used Jango Fett, General Grievous, Kit Fisto, Darth Maul and Mace Windu and any other new characters to full effect. They could have also had bigger appearances from Boba Fett, Darth Vader and Chewbacca, heck even C3PO, but as it stands it seems as though they've simply "ran out of time" to show the fans their past much more vividly.

To think all that time was wasted explaining midicholorains and watching Jar Jar Binks fall over is even more aggravating.

They shot themsleves in the foot by creating all these potentially brilliant characters like Grievous, and then simply not having any time to show them.

Also, having Anakin become Vader sooner in the saga would at least keep the timeline consistent. The OT would progress in two or three year gaps, whereas this new PT has secrwed it all up with 10 and 20 year leaps between the episodes. Stupid. Having Episode 2's events in Episode 1 would at least solve the time wastage.

lucasfilm
"now dats da best thing i done heard all night!"

mephistodesigns
that's exactly how I pictured it as well. Here's my timeline spliced with what I thought was handled well in the PT.

I figured EpI would establish Obi-wan and Anakin's (in his late teens or early 20's) relationship, show how heroic and good they both were, and start the clone wars by the end of it. During the film, he could meet and fall in love with Padme. They kind of bond. Maybe even get married in the end. They could have pretty much handled that the way they did in AOTC. Make him her body guard so they're kinda stuck together. Palpatine could get himself elected chancellor in pretty much the same fashion as EpI, because Vallorum fails to act against the Separitists, who blockade or attack Naboo. Then bust out the clones.

II would be Anakin, due to whatever was going on in the war, all the fighting or whatever, starting to get evil. He'd marry Padme (if he didn't by the end of 1). They'd show the jedi acting as generals. See the toll the war is taking on the Jedi, the sorrow they feel at losing so many Jedi for a cause they aren't even sure is right. Have the rift between Anakin and Obi-wan grow, Anakin belileves in the war, he sides with Palpatine. It gets relatively overlooked because many jedi are split on this issue. Towards the end, we would have Anakin summoned to Palpatine's office. He would explain the Sith to him. Convince an almost already willing Anakin to join him. Anakin would turn, and be sent on some mission like in ROTS. Almost at the end, Anakin would fight Obi-wan. Anakin would reveal Palpatine's identity, confident he will win, so it won't matter if he rubs it in Obi-wan's face a bit. Obi-wan would manage to win, though it would be close. Obi-wan would leave him for dead, take his lightsaber. The Jedi would mourn the loss of Anakin, both physically and spiritually. Maybe even add his bust to the lost 20. Maybe then have Obi-wan convince them not to. Show that he is still Anakin's friend. He understands Palpatine has no doubt been polluting him all these years.

Then three, like ROTS, Palpatine becomes Emperor. Destroys the Jedi in pretty much the same fashion as ROTS. Some Jedi go to confront him, suddenly there's this Darth Vader on the scene. Vader hands a bunch of council members an @$$ whooping, really show how powerful he is. Palpatine expoits it, turns the puplic against the Jedi, claiming they have joined the Speparitists, and tried to assasinate him, had it not been for his aid, Darth Vader. Vader then goes to destroy the temple with a bunch of clones, maybe comes in contact with Obi-wan, who Vader would taunt, because it would totally be in his character to want to sort of get the last word by still being "alive". Obi-wan would try to redeem him and it would fail. Obi-wan and Yoda flee with Padme who's pregnant, time it so the twins would have been concieved before The Fight, and a few senators who want to stop Palpatine (Mon Mothma, Bail, and whoever else they want to throw in there. Then the Empire would be shown hunting down the Jedi. Vader would be shown hunting them down, killing them one by one, trying to find Obi-wan most of all. Intercut would be scenes of the twins being born, plans for the future developed, Yoda would go to Dagobah, Obi-wan takes Luke to Tatooine. Bail, Padme, and the other Senators go to Alderaan. Padme lives apart from Bail, and gives him Leia. This way she can watch over her as a family friend. But she wouldn't be directly her mother. This would explain why Leia, {who maybe could find out who her mom is in a book before ANH, show Padme just sort of waste away and die in the same book} describes her as kind, yet sad. That would be my timeline.

I think he handled a lot of the overall plot pacing fine in AOTC, and ROTS looks to be well done as well. But they both seemed crammed with info where as TPM took time for a race, had a failed attempt by Palpatine/Sidious to start a war (oooo, failed attempt, we needed to see that to understand the other films) and the only overall meat in the story was finding ani, palpatine becoming chancellor, and the sith being revealed. Other than that, it had a lot of wasted time.

Red Superfly
Glad to see that someone agrees.
I understand that Episode 1 was about showing Anakain as a pure spirit - but did we need a whole movie to show this?

I still have a slight grudge over the fact Obi-Wan didn't really "take it upon himself" to train Anakin because he was amazed how strong the force was with him, it was the wish of his master, otherwise Obi-Wan would have left Anakin well alone. Also, Obi-Wan was the perfect pupil - I always imagined a young Obi-Wan to be a bit like Luke and Anakin - since when was Obi-Wan ever "reckless" like he claimed in the OT.
That bothers me, because the events in Episode 1, all the important events, could have been done via a flashback or in a conversation.

Remember in the OT when the characters would tell us things that have happened off-screen or in between episodes ("that bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell changed my mind" and "many Bovins -sp?- died to bring us this information"wink - well they could have just explained Anakins past like that. We didn't need to see it to know it happened.
Also, it would have made more sense for Anakin to be CLOSE to his mother through his life - THEN lose her, maybe due to a fault of the Jedi in which he blames them. It would at least mirror Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen's guardianship over Luke, and would tell us Anakin lived a very similar life. Anakin could have had his mother close by (like how Padmes family lived on Naboo close to her) and THEN lose her. I never understood why he felt so angry over losing his mother, despite the fact he hadnt seen her in God knows how long. Surely it would have MORE of an impact for him to lose her when she has been there ALL of his life.
There were better ways of doing the PT, easily. Any reason you can come up with in defense of having Episode 1 set when Anakin is seven-eight-whatever, you can probably think of a better alternative. Episode 1s events were pointless, like meph said, there was a fake war, and the whole story was built around having a happy ending just for the sake of mirroring A New Hope. News flash Lucas, in case you forgot, ANH had a happy ending because you didn't know if there'd be any more, there was no need to do that with TPM.

cal31
The only thing is we do get to see the action in the Clone Wars and General Grevious more in The Clone Wars cartoon, now you can say it's a cartoon and is totally different, but it is still part of the Star Wars Saga, and is equal to the movies.

Red Superfly
Actually, The Clone Wars cartoon is vastly superior to the prequel movies in every respect.

Now THEY know how to make use of their time.

Each is five minutes long, with the whole thing put together it's like a movie - which has a better story, better characterisation and does it's best with what the prequels gave them as inspiration. The way in which Anakin is portrayed does the character justice more than the movies.

All the individual Jedi get some brilliant screen time - the one where Mace Windu loses his lightsaber and has to fight a battalion of droids using JUST the force is ten times more impressive than any of the anti-climaxing duels from AOTC.

The Clone Wars is remarkable, the artwork is stunning, and the amount of content they squeeze into five minutes each is great.

In my opinion, I'd rather watch the Clone Wars cartoon than the prequels. They actually look they were made by someone who knows what they are doing.

And the music when General Grievous is around is amazing - when he started spinning his lightsabers around like a whirlwind I was like "wow".

I wonder if we've already seen the most impressive GG stuff?

Anakin2Vader
CLone Wars superior to the Prequels....LOL

I did like Maces use of the force in that episode but I thought the shit he did was more reminicant of Superman then a Jedi we have seen... and it dosnt come close to even the horrible duels of Ep 2

The Clone Wars artwork is terrible... it amazes me the crapiness of their charachters and such... should have had anyone but Gendy do it

when Greivous started spinning his lightsabers around I thouhgt it was the corniest thing ever and hope to god he wont be doing anything like that in ROTS

Red Superfly
Well to each his own.

But I actually like the stylistic approach to the cartoon. You know, STYLE. Man, everyone wants everything to look the same these days. A bit of artistic freedom doesn't hurt.

I suggest you try drawing and animating anything as good as that quality if it's so inferior to you. If it's so crap, it must be easy right?

Jedi Priestess
Im sorry but the cartoons are in no way shape or form anywhere near equal to the movies. And Grevious is a creation for the fanboys in my opinion. I agree A2V too cheesy. messed

cal31
The only difference between them are the Cartoons aren't live action, otherwise they are both part of the same story and the Clone Wars are like Episode 2.5

Jedi Priestess
Nope EU does NOT = Canon

and if you guys are going to discuss the cartoon you should move this to the EU section.

cal31
roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
yeah, "roll eyes (sarcastic)" is right
canon=film

the films are:

1-TFN
2-AotC
3-RotS
4-ANH
5-ESB
6-RotJ

thats it. nothing else counts in this forum.
nothing is 'kinda canon', or 'may as well be canon',
thats just the way it is. if you think JP is just blowing hot air,
then feel free to PM ush or queeq to verify this.

ctsketch
there was a movie called The Force.Net?

tpaquin
Well, other than your ironic typo I have anothe rpoint to make.

It pisses me off that the god of this universe has turned all the books and comics that I've loved for so many years into lies. It's not fair.

Jedi Priestess
You can still love them....you just have to realise that they arent canon....and ultimately SW=Lucas and thats just the way things are.

Ushgarak
Yup, sorry tpaquin, that's just the way it is. Though he didn't 'turn it into' anything; they were always like that from creation upwards- other people's alternative looks at an alternative SW.

This topic is clearly finished. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.