What if the new films were made right after ROTJ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
You know the sequels in 1986,1989,1992 and the prequels in 1995,1998,2001.If he did that then all the films would be made and there would be episodes 7-9.I know he stopped then to make other films and that he wanted the prequels to have better visual effects but don't you think he should have?If he did that then right now he could start working on episodes 10,11,12.If you remember Star Wars was originally supposed to be 12 episodes.

Xizor
That would have been the most logical thing to do. He could have kept the popularity going with the public during the 80's(like they did with Bond in the 60's)and kept getting money. The only worthwhile film GL made(without the help of Spielberg)was Willow which he could have still sqeezed in. Now with Ford and Lucas nearing 60 and Hamill and Fisher in their 40's episode's 7,8,and 9 will never get done.

theEviljedi
Thats true for two reasons.Lucas explained when the Special Edition came out that he will NOT make the sequels.Also the actors are to old but I think Ford could look younger with some make-up.Hamill is going bald and is way to fat to play Luke and Fisher is dopey looking because of her drug problems in the 80's and plus she's to fat too.She could be in episodes 7-9 though is she was to play a dying Leia.As for Chewie they just need to get anougher tall person.Billy Dee Williams still looks decent enough to reprise his role but like every one knows its not gonna happen.

UnknownBountyHunter
Leia would have no dying roles, so that obsoletes that, and if she got the role and signed up she would probably go on a typical actress crash diet, and lose thirty pounds a week and nearly kill herself. Harrison Ford, with a dye job, could look younger, I don't think he looked that old in Six Days, Seven Nights. I doubt we could ever find another Luke, for Hamill IS too old for the part. Oh well.

Darth Daft
Funny, I've always wondered if George did indeed film the sequel Episodes, but without the fans knowing, so that after Episode 3 is released he could suddenly bring out the surprise.
It's EXTREMELY unlikely, but I'd love it if he did that, wouldn't you?

Gundark
EvilJedi, you had me rolling on the floor laughing my guts out after that comment. I must confess I have not seen a recent photo of Mark Hamill and I had no idea he was "bald and fat". The last time I saw him was on an episode of...what was that submarine show with Roy Scheider and the talking dolphin ? I can't think of it..but he played a scientist or something that transformed into a "good guy" monster. Luke Skywalker...bald and fat...what a scream!!laughing out loud

theEviljedi
Well he is.He looked awful on the tv show Son Of The Beach.

Darth Daft
Isn't Mark Hamill in that Starship game where he plays a bearded bloke? In the tapes for the Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition in the interviews he looks almost exactly the same as he does in the films, except a few more wrinkles here and there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.