Colossus vs Absorbing Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krissy Von Doom
Not sure how this would go. Colossus is stronger but Creel is extremely tough and if he grabs hold of anything tougher than Colossus steel skin or something energy based, like Quasar's bands, it's over for the X-man I think.

MERCILOUS
I'm pretty sure Absorbing Man could absorb the properties of Collusus. Quite frankly, he's a much more adequate enemy for thor. Collusus is really out of his league here. Besidese there's no known limit to how much Abs man can take. Once he fought Thor and abosorbed the properties of an entire island, Only to sink because of his weight.

crazyspinz
yes, but absorbing man doesnt automativly absorb things, he needs to try too, and one punch right at the start of the fight could kill him

Wynndar
no...he is still pretty formidable in his normal form...

crazyspinz
realy, i thought he was rather week until he absorbed something

Wynndar
he can still survive virtually any amount of conventional injury...he's not gonna be killed by just getting punched really hard by colossus

crazyspinz
k

chilled monkey
And also, he's highly intelligent. He's Bruce Banner's father after all.

manjaro
what?

at any rate i give it to creel b-cuz the last time I SAW anything with him was in the Universe/Paradise X run where he defeated and absorbed Ultron and become Super intelligent to the point where he had total recall of everything he ever absorbed in his whole life(very much like rogue in Xttreme Xmen) the n he proceded to slaghuter all of the Avengers except for Cap. so it would boil down to incarnations of the two but even still he could just absorb piotr's properties and at the very least be his eqaul in a battle

chilled monkey
Sorry, I thought this was about the Absorbing Man from the Hulk movie (Banner's father). I didn't know about the comics version.

MERCILOUS
The Hulk movie was the work of incompetant essurient endomorphs who'd sell there mothers for a dime.

Maelstrom
Ya i think Colossus would lose. Absorbing Man sounds like the real thing. Didn't he like become a city or something. Aparently though when he gets too powerful he goes insane or he already is insane so he can not be trusted with the power. If you ain't got trust you ain't got a thing.

MERCILOUS
He once absobed an island and sunk into the ocean because it was too much weight in a single place. There's no known limit to how much he can absorb. Where he smarter, he could possibly be the single most dangerous villian in the entire MU (excluding God Types.)

lightaxe
Dude this aint the movie were talking about.

lightaxe
Ok sorry i hadn't read your other post yet.

Spiderninja008
one thing that bothers me.....collosus has been known to be unaffected by things like magic and certain mutant powers, like rogues and one of Magneto's acolytes. I am not sure Absorbing man could absorb collosus's organic steel just like that. And if he can't then it just matters what is around absorbing man. In the city, AM wins, in a closed areana, one punch and it's light out.

MERCILOUS
There's no limit to known limit to what he could absorb. I'm pretty sure he could absorb a star or maybe even a black hole. I doubt organic steel will be any different. Plus I only brought up him absorbing Collosus' properties because that would give Abs Man an instant edge. He could absorb anything nearby and make due just fine either way.

Beyonder
Rogue absorbed Colossus's powers with some other X-Men to fight Nimrod. Absorbing Man can do the same to Colossus.

Spiderninja008
no, rogue and colossus got into a short lived relationship (due to lonliness) cuz they found out that she can't take his powers in his organic form when they kissed. Rogue said astonishingly, "nothing happen...." Collosus replied studily, "Then why stop..." (more kissing, and then Dave Chappelle pops out of the corner of the page and yells "Gotcha *****!!!"wink shifty

Spiderninja008
Collosus's organic steel mode is unaffected by certain things like magic, various mutant powers like ones that deal with affecting internal organs, or nervous systems, and energy draining, and Proteus's reality warping powers.

juggernaut74
In the Ultimate universe Colossus showed that magneto could not control him in his armored form. And the magic and other mutant powers unaffecting him I think might be true.

Spiderninja008
its true, ive researched collosus up and down

juggernaut74
So I think Absorbing man might want to make out his will.

Spiderninja008
exactly

MERCILOUS
? You guys are nuts! He doesn't need to abosorb collosus to be more powerful than him, he can absorb everything around him! What's collosus going to do when absorbing man obsorbs the city they're standing on and hits him with a 500 thousand ton wrecking ball!

I'll tell you what, die, and die good!

Scoobless
if absorbing man can absorb the properties of thor, who is asgardian, i'm sure he wouldn't have any trouble doing it to a mutant, when he absorbs from people they aren't affected by it, only he is, so any resistance to magical attacks doesn't really come into it........ except that absorbing man would gain the same ability

illadelph12
Colossus has a chance. I remember when Thor outsmarted the Absorbing Man by making a cardboard duplicate of Mjolnir and Absorbing Man took on the properties of cardboard and got his ass kicked, and I've seen him take on the properties of water like an idiot and could barely hold himself together.

If Colossus could get in close or engage in a grapple and revert to his human form as AM tries to absorb him, he'd make AM have the properties of a normal human, flesh and bone, and then he would just have to disengage, change to armored form and punch him out.

K Von Doom
In a grapple, Absorbing Man would always be in physical contact with Colossus so even if Creel turned to human as Piotr, he's still stronger than him, so he'd break the mutant's neck the moment that happened. Plus, Absorbing Man starts out in steel form (due to a piece of metal he always carries around), so that scenario wouldn't really play out.

savagerampage
Absorbing man should win hands down, his strength level can exceed 100+ tons depending on what he absorbs, and for how long he is incontact with it.

Anti-Monitor
Bump

Kris Blaze
Absorbing man also gradually absorbs your strength, like he did against She-Hulk. So Colossus is destined to lose this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.