Disnery movies!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

minnie
I just found this so funny I had to post it!

Ok, in Aladdin, in the scene where he's up on Jasmine's balcony he says, "Good teenagers take off their clothes"

In The Little Mermaid, the priest has an erection

In Finding Nemo, when the dentist is coming out of the bathroom, he touches his...area

In the Rescuers, you can see a toplesss chick when they're flying on the albatross

In the Lion King, you can see the word "Sex" in the stars when Timon, Pumbaa and Simba are star-gazing

Ok, I just found these very funny, and I'm sorry if I offend anyone, I just wanted to post these cool laughing Happy Dance

eleveninches
lol, i'll have to watch them all again now.

chez
Um... charming... messed

I heard that the apparent word "SEX" in the stars of the Lion King is actually "SFX", as in "sound effects". But whatever.

ilvorlandobloom
what, really? i didnt know that about Aladdin saying that and the rescuers and little mermaid things..

*Georgina_A*
Neither did i...*needs to go watch them again to find out*

VallejoKid707
Claim: In the film Aladdin, the hero whispers, "Good teenagers, take off your clothes."

Origins: This
quip occurs during a scene in which Aladdin, in the guise of Prince Ali, flies up to Jasmine's balcony on his magic carpet to convince her that he is not just another self-absorbed, empty-headed prince. When Aladdin steps onto the balcony, Jasmine's tiger Rajah threatens him and backs him up against the railing. As Rajah growls, Aladdin tries to shoo him away with his turban and then supposedly whispers, "Good teenagers, take off your clothes."

What is actually going on with the soundtrack at this point in the film is difficult to determine. Disney claims that the script calls for Aladdin to say, "C'mon . . . good kitty. Take off and go," while the closed captioning has him uttering, "Good kitty. Take off." However, neither one of these phrases seems to match what is heard on the soundtrack. A close listening to the audio track reveals Aladdin speaking the words "C'mon . . . good kitty," and just as Aladdin says the word "kitty," a second voice begins to whisper, "Pssst . . . take off your clo . . ." Who this second voice is, and exactly what he says, is a mystery. There is no other character in the scene who could conceivably be speaking: the tiger doesn't talk, the voice is male (eliminating Jasmine), and both the genie and the rug are below the balcony and off-screen. Perhaps the overlapping voices are merely the product of bad editing, and some stray bit of chatter (or a piece of dialog that was supposed to have been clipped) was accidentally grafted onto the soundtrack. Whatever is being said, to the casual listener the resulting phrase can certainly sound like the "Good teenagers, take off your clothes," although the phrase is clearly the combination of two different voices speaking in two different tones. Once people have been told what they're "supposed" to be hearing, however, they find it difficult to maintain objectivity and therefore swear that Aladdin couldn't possibly be saying anything else.

The "take off your clothes" rumor started soon after Aladdin was released on home video in 1993. A garbled and whispered portion of dialogue that could barely be heard in the theater was being replayed over and over in millions of homes but was difficult to distinguish. Someone came up with a salacious phrase that sounded somewhat like the original portions of dialogue, and the power of suggestion took over. People began to hear what they were being told they should hear, much like Beatles fans eagerly sharing backwards-masked Paul is dead aural clues.

The Aladdin rumor spread by word of mouth during 1994 and was eventually printed in Movie Guide magazine, an Atlanta-based Christian entertainment review. Due in part to that article, the controversial phrase was brought to the attention of the American Life League, a religious organization which had been boycotting Disney films since the previous April as a protest over the movie Priest. The American Life League gave new prominence to the rumor in September 1995, when it claimed the phrase was yet another piece of evidence that Disney had been sneaking "sexual messages" into their animated films (the The Little Mermaid being the most notorious example) for the past several years.

VallejoKid707
Claim: The letters S-E-X are formed by a swirling cloud of dust in The Lion King.

Origins: About
halfway to three-fourths of the way through the film, Simba, Pumbaa, and Timon are lying on their backs, looking up at the stars. Simba arises, walks over to the edge of a cliff, and flops to the ground, throwing up a cloud of dust. Eddies of dust form and dissipate in the roiling cloud, and at one point the various curves and angles in these eddies appear to form the letters S-E-X. It takes a bit of persistence to see specific letters in the shapes formed by the swirling dust clouds, even when the video is played in slow motion.

Whether the image of the word "SEX" was deliberately planted in this scene or is merely a product of the power of suggestion is unknown. The letters seem readily apparent to those who know what they're supposed to be looking for, but persons unfamiliar with the rumor rarely make them out even after being told to look for a word in the still-frame images. The generally accepted explanation is that the letters were slipped in by a special effects group (to form the abbreviation "S-F-X"wink.

A 4-year-old boy from New York (or Louisiana), viewing the video with his head tilted to the left, supposedly noticed the appearance of the letters S-E-X and told his mother (or aunt) about it. (How a mere 4-year-old could both spell and understand the significance of the word "sex" remains unexplained. When you want to charge a huge corporate conglomerate with slipping nasties into its supposedly wholesome children's films, however, it's best to pretend an unwitting child made the discovery. This method increases the outrage factor -- if a 4-year-old found the word "S-E-X" in a video all by himself, why, then anybody's child might see it, too.) His mother (or aunt) in turn notified a religious organization called the American Life League, who claimed this was yet another occurrence of Disney's deliberately inserting hidden images into their animated films. The American Life League, which had already been boycotting Disney films since the previous April, made this rumor the highlight of their September 1995 publicity campaign against several Disney videos allegedly containing "sexual messages."

VallejoKid707
Claim: The minister officiating at Ursula's wedding ceremony in The Little Mermaid displays an erection.

Origins: In
the film's first wedding scene (the one in which Ursula, having taken the appearance of Vanessa and the voice of Ariel, attempts to marry Prince Eric), as the bride and groom are approaching the minister, the side-profile shots of the minister allegedly reveal him to be sporting an erection. The minister is dressed as a bishop (wearing a tunic and tights) in this scene, and the triangular bulge claimed to be an "erection" is actually his knee sticking out from under the tunic. The minister's bandy legs and the blending of the tunic and tights make it difficult to distinguish his knee in some frames, although it is clearly visible in others.

This rumor gained renewed prominence in September of 1995 when the American Life League, a conservative Christian organization based in Stafford, Virginia, offered it an example of the "subliminal sex messages" Disney had been planting in their films and urged their supporters to boycott Disney. The rumor (along with others about the video cover of The Little Mermaid and the word 'S-E-X' in The Lion King, for example) was widely disseminated by the media over the next few months, leading an Arkansas woman named Janet Gilmer to file suit against The Walt Disney Company and Buena Vista Home Video in Washington County Circuit Court, claiming that:

Through its marketing efforts, the use of the Disney name, and a 'G' rating, the defendants represented to the public that 'The Lion King' and 'The Little Mermaid' videocassettes were suitable for use and viewing by young children.
Furthermore, the defendants never stated or suggested to the public that these videocassettes contained drawings and animated scenes that depicted sexual messages or other material that was unsuitable for young children.

Consistent with the explicit sexual message displayed on the package of The Little Mermaid, Disney included a visible sexual message in the movie itself. During a scene in the movie where two of the characters are to be married by a clergyman dressed as a priest, the movement of the priest's garments in the area of his crotch suggests that the priest is getting an erection as the bride and groom approach the alter . The depiction of this 'event' is visible at regular speed on the home video, but is even more noticeable when viewed in slow motion or frame-by-frame.

VallejoKid707
Claim: The photographic image of a topless woman can be spotted in the background of The Rescuers.

Origins: On
8 January 1999, Disney announced a recall of the the home video version of their 1977 animated feature The Rescuers because it contained an "objectionable background image." Approximately 38 minutes into the film, as rodent heroes Bianca and Bernard fly through the city in a sardine box strapped to the back of Orville, proprietor of Albatross Air Charter Service, the photographic image of a topless woman can be seen at the window of a building in the background in two different (non-consecutive) frames: first in the bottom left corner, then at the top center portion of the frame. (Click on each image below to view an enlargement of the frame.)

Unlike most rumors of risque words images hidden in Disney's animated films, this one is clearly true, and the images in question were undeniably purposely inserted into the movie.

The two "topless woman" frames have reputedly been present in the film ever since its original 1977 theatrical release (a fact apparently confirmed by Disney, whose spokesperson said that the tampering "was done more than 20 years ago"wink, although Disney claims that they were not included in the 1992 home video version because "it was made from a different print." Disney also claimed that the images were not placed in the film by any of their animators, but were inserted during the post-production process. The company decided to recall 3.4 million copies of the video "to keep our promise to families that we can trust and rely on the Disney brand to provide the finest in family entertainment."

Disney's announcement of this recall might be considered a bit curious. Unlike previous rumors over "hidden" items in Disney's animated films, this one was not widespread until Disney itself made a public statement about it. As well, unlike the salacious images and sounds allegedly to be found in The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and The Lion King, the Rescuers frames in question are not noticeable during a normal viewing of the film -- one has to know they're there and freeze-frame the video to view them. Disney didn't recall any of those other videos, so why this one? Because they knew how quickly the story would spread via the Internet? Because this occurrence was as undeniable case of tampering rather than misinterpretation? The cynical among us might ponder that one of the best ways to boost sales of a slow-selling video would be to announce its recall due to the presence of some "objectionable images."

Kes
Yeh, The little Mermaid is just the priests knee.
I've seen the one from the The Rescuers.
I've also heard about the Aladdin and Lion King stuff, but it is impossible for me to verify the Aladdin one since it's dubbed and the Lion Kind I never bother to look. I have seen a pic thou.
I have one better for Aladdin but that's from the dubbed version, in the beginning the guy that tells the story is singing...he says something like "and lots of orgies" lol, laughed my ass of when I heard that.
There's also a rumor that Snow White and the seven Dwarfs is heroin (Snow White) and the sintoms (sp) of drug use and redraw (seven dwarfs).

yerssot
that's also not true kes stick out tongue

here's the aladin-thingie

Kes
What's not true?blink
What is that that I just heard??

yerssot
not true about snowhite:
http://snopes.com/disney/films/drugs.htm
snopes has an entire page about disney rumors showing they are false

and what you heard was the original Alladin where he says "good teenagers take off their clothes" but what I hear is "good tigres, take off and go" as they say it is

Kes
Oh, yeh. I remember them saying its not true (Snow white). But they say its the stages of drug adiction, looks more to me like drug addiction and redraw! But yeh, the story is really old so stick out tongue
The Aladdin soundbite sounds like nothing to me messed

yerssot
yeah, I know, doesn't sound like that for me
it's like, when you are sure you hear something, you keep thinking it's so

(ok, one of the worse phrases ever said)

Kes
lol I had never actually heard the Aladding thing before. But I saw a show where they talked about the urban ledgends so I knew about it.

yerssot
when it comes to disney, there are a lot of false rumors wink

persian85033
In Alice and Wonderland, the dormouse is drunk, you really think it's tea in that teapot, and the caterpillar is always smoking marihuana, or weed, or whatever it's called.

claidisa_felton
i know its not a disney movie, but when lord farquaad is in bed watching the video of fiona, he's about to.....polish the peter if ya know what i mean lol!

RockWithMe192
I did a big research on all this stuff ((Im a teenager so what))and some of them are true and fake...The Rescuers thing, which is already proven on the topic...but the man that drew the girl was fired...and the Lion King one is in not in the stars its after Simba gets up after they star gaze and he goes to the edge of the cliff and lays down in flowers and all the pedles and dirt spray up...it does spell S-E-X...the S-F-X was just a cover up to tell them that it wasn't anything wronge with it...but I know many more then just those...like on the cover of the The Mermaid case there is a penis the is a tower on the castle...if you want to know any more just tell me and ill tell you more.

yerssot
I know about that last one and people at snopes.com even phoned the guy to get his story and he said it was purely by accident and that at the next print they replaced the tower

ADarksideJedi
I am not sure about the other movies but actly Aladin says to the tiger"Down kitty look a moose!jm

Kayne Archeron
ok, that priest's got some pretty weird knees then << i usually trust Snopes, but sometimes i think they make up stuff to appease readers, especially in the Religion section

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.