Martian Manhunter vs Super Skrull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krissy Von Doom
Manhunter has a strength and speed advantage plus telepathy and intangibility. Super Skrull has the combined powers of the FF, including fire, which could spell trouble for Manhunter. How would this one go? rolling on floor laughing

ScarletSpider
I was just thinking about this the other day! Skymax, the Skrullian Skymaster from Earth-S is basically the Super-Skrull, but then I thought it would be cool to pit the original Super-Skrull up against the character whom Skymax was based off of, MARTIAN MANHUNTER!

Discounting telepathic attacks, I'd give it to the Super Skrull. Upon seeing Manhunter's weakness to fire, he could just blast him and then contain it all within a forcefield.

norrin radd
manhunter has no longer a weakness to fire (i heard some rumors,lol)

Mane
Skrull would still win.

Skrull's forcefields and his strechiness would be good defense, and his rocky hide and fire would be good offense. the only thing is MM still has super-powerful telepathy.

JuggernautFan
this is probably one of the closest fights i've seen yet. but i think it would come down to telepathy. does skrulls have any defense against it??? otherwise MM could pretty much make him think hes a six year old girl and make him brade his own hair.

Swanky-Tuna
Sue's powers can block them. But if he doesn't know MM is a telepath, he might be able to spring it up before the Skrull can do anything.

norrin radd

Swanky-Tuna
That's why he'd have to spring them on the Skrull. He can't pass though the floor and shout "HELLO I AM TALKING IN YOUR MIND!" with his telepathy right off the bat.

manjaro
let me tell you why MM would win by quoting SUPERMAN in the latest JLA TPB entitled Trial by Fire. in it he said,"There are only a handful of beings in the known Universe that i wouldnt like to face in open combat,J'onn is at the top of that list....he's the most powerful being on the PLANET."

1) J'onn can turn invisible too
2) J'onn has superman level strength
3) J'onn can phase thru forceshields(excpet CERTAIN types that are technology based. Some of those have special inhibiters for telepaths)
4) J'onn can move at superspeed
5) J'onn is telepathic, he can read the skrull's mind and know that his strentgh comes from a broadcast beam thru warp space, and find a way to jam it just like Reed did

ScarletSpider
The Skrull's have since boosted the signal, Reed's jamming is inadequate. Skrull has Thing level strength, so he's just a notch or so below J'onn. While Manhunter has a leg-up with speed, K'lrt is not lame of leg. He can fly by means of utliizing Torch's power, or using force fields like Sue's to lift himself. He won't just sit back and let J'onn phase through.

bakerboy
Its a very close fight, but ill said super skrull, because he can mix the powers of the fantasti four.

norrin radd

Wynndar
do u comic experts realize that k'lrt is a telepath also?...he has demonstrated mind control abilities in the past...I think he is a very impressive hand to hand combatant as well...he and MM are very good at using their powers to the max it would be a close fight...anyone see SS in his most recent FF appearance?

lightaxe
the things strength is crap compared to a guy on the same level as superman.

Beyonder
Skrull has hypnosis powers like Wynndar said.

ScarletSpider
True, he's not as strong as Manhunter, but it's not like he's weak ass street level strength. I was just pointing out that he does have a relatively high level of superhuman strength, although it's not the highest level, because Marvel just doesn't ball like that.

crazyspinz
super skrull would win, he is basicaly all the ff4 plus someother things. mm has telepathay and can halk through walls, and fly. and thats pretty mutch it

lightaxe
And has superman level strength and martian vison (lol its like heat vision)

Tron
The Martian wins, because I say so.wink

Bouboumaster
Bump!

george '06
martian,
stronger
faster
intangible
telepathy is waaaaay above the skrulls hypnosis
(skrull managed to hypnitize a beserker sasquatch for an hour, then didnt notice when sasquatch was pretending)
martian can stretch too

occultdestroyer
MM, a being almost as strong as Superman will obviously win

starlock
Martian Manhunter for the win

spetznaz
Originally posted by crazyspinz
super skrull would win, he is basicaly all the ff4 plus someother things. mm has telepathay and can halk through walls, and fly. and thats pretty mutch it Funny reading through this thread.

No need to comment though on who would win ....it is that obvious ....let's say he is from a certain planet near Earth.

The funny thing, though, is some of the comments. Like the one above where the poster states all MM can do is telepathy, whatever 'halking' through walls is, and flying.

When the truth is that the only major powers he does NOT have are magic, matter transmutation, portal opening (although phasing could be considered a weak form of that, where he shifts his mass to another dimension) and reality manipulation (and when it comes to reality manipulation, he has the one-shot ability to change someone's mind so completely that it is as if their reality changed).

The guy is basically Superman, with a whole host of OTHER powers added to him.

But hey ....someone says all he can do is read minds, 'halk' through walls (whatever that is), and fly.

Yup!
Some of these old threads are killer. Someone should dredge up some of the old Wolverine vs threads, where ol' Logan was thrashing Thor, Wonderwoman and Superman.

carnage52
skrully gets shit stomped.

Stoic
Bump

DarkSaint85
MMH has one of the most dangerous powersets here, which is superspeed + something else. That something else could be anything - a random metal pole, magic spells, telepathy, whatever - and superspeed means he gets to fire his attacks first.

The fact his attack is also instantaneous, seals it.

zopzop
Originally posted by carnage52
skrully gets shit stomped.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.