John Byrne vs Chris Claremont

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vellius
One is the egotistical creator behind the 'reboot' of the Doom Patrol. The other is the egotistical creator behind the 'reload' of the X-men. Who will win? Who will die? And why have they both cameo'd in their own books?

WizardNeedFood
Narcissism, obviously.

As for who would win, I would say John Byrne, just because I prefer Dr. Doom in any circumstance.

Vellius
But the Lord of Magnetism would verily trump the Doctor of Doom.

WizardNeedFood
Yeah, but Dr. Doom's Coolness Factor is Class 2,000. Magneto is a pathetic Class 350.

Vellius
Check the unabriged 1994 Guide. Magneto was officially upped to 2,000.

ScarletSpider
Check out recent issues of Excalibur. He is now the mutant master of being a wuss. "Charles, I seem to have another headache! Fetch me some asprin, exlax and the newest copy of Bass Fishing Monthly. I might be awhile."

Plus, Dr. Doom beats Magneto anyday, as seen in the Champions and um--oh wait, that was Byrne! Man I'm on a Champions kick, what the hell-o is wrong with me.

Wynndar
Byrne...and Magneto is no match for Doom

celt
You know its funny, every time marvel takes a step forward it jumps 10 back. How can you possibly follow up the redefining run of Grant Morrison with the pathetic waste of good paper that this current run, by "long time X- scribe Chris Claremont" (if i hear that one more time i will somehow personally see to it that DC and Image destroy marvel permanently), is printed on?! Now i know that he's writing Uncanny and Morrison wrote New but marvel is promoting this as the next amazing run. Claremont i an egomaniac whose outdated style has no place in the current comic book market place. Does anyone remember his last "historic" run? Two words "The Neo". That was one of the worst story lines ever written and the fact that it crashed and burned if proof of that. Now marvel goes and hands the reins of its most profitable franchise back to that man who sunk its sales to miserable numbers only a few years ago? Hey Mr. Qeusada, what the *#$& are you smoking?!!! Now in the letter columns i see people talking about nostalgia and how it reminds them of the old days and their youth, but i've got news for them, there feelings of nostalgia mean #%$&. Lets face it comic sales are slowly dying. There is only one way to keep the medium alive, and that is by getting new readers. Something that cannot be accomplished by moving backward and writing in an archaic way. Claremont has no new ideas and feels that he can get away with retelling the same crap that he has been cranking out for the last 20 years. Lets look at the first few issues as an example. Not a single new villain (the fury, viper, the hellfire club) or setting (the x-men go to the british islands....again, murderworld ...marvel should have its very own Crises on Infinite earths just to erase this pathetic mess). Someone should really just step in and take Claremont away to the loony bin cause he has gone crazy and should never be allowed to touch a keyboard or pencil ever again.

Grimm22
pft, Bryne owns Clarmemont cool

oh and Super Bump!

Why I brought this back.. because I can stick out tongue

Sixth_Winged
Bryne will probably win in a fight seeing as how he is still fit enough to do his chores while claremont is having old-age health problems.

Preference...

I'll take Claremont anyday. Bryne is just a 1st class dick.

Tron
Wow, this a pretty old thread...

And a pretty closed one, too...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.