Marilyn Mansons/Personal Jesus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Goth_Girl
hey all
this new song is fantastic mind u all of his music is good but this is just f***** ace personal jesus its called check it out ! devil cool
oh btw thats not it..thats a old 1 stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
thumb down I like Manson, but that cover of Depeche Mode's song sucks.

no matter who you are, you just DO NOT cover a Depeche Mode song...just...no.

Df02
dislike all his music... before u ask i have heard all the released stuff lol, and i dont like the covers he's done either.

not a fan at all stick out tongue

Red Superfly
I like this song actually.

Cinemaddiction
Why not...? confused

I think the cover is excellent as is the majority of the "For the Masses". Incredible covers by Rammstein, Placebo, The Cure and Pumpkins.

They aren't that elite, ya know.

Red Superfly
Maybe the person thought they sucked?

lil bitchiness
Personal opinion. And to me, they are that elite actually, since im a huge Depeche Mode fan.

I would be saying the same if someone turned arround and did a re-make of songs by Tool, System of a Down or Glassjaw.

I like Manson, but he did that song terribly.

Darth Revan
Never heard it actually. I do like most of his music though.

Cinemaddiction
As am I a huge fan, having grown up on them. I didn't find any flaws in the cover, as the two songs are almost identical.

Question is, would you be mad if they covered something off of "Speak and Spell"? stick out tongue

PRK
OOO DR dude you have to check it out its so tight man rock

lil bitchiness
embarrasment I love your sig, you totally stole my idea stick out tongue Bad Cine!

Actually Speak and Spell was the first album i heard from them, and i thik it was their first album as well. My uncle was a huge fan, thats how i found them out.

See, maybe because the songs are so ideantical that i didnt like it, i dont know. Like with 'Sweet Dreams'' he put his own thing into is...although Tainted Love was similar to the original but i liked Manson's version better. messed

Maybe cos its Depeche Mode..who knows. I dont really hate it, i just think it could have came out better.

Cinemaddiction
Gratis. You inspired me actually, hun. I know what you mean about the song though, and hope I didn't come off like an ass. embarrasment "Speak and Spell" was their first album, and that was just hooooooorrible synth pop skate rink mall music.

BTW, the 3 CD remix set is out a week from Tuesday. big grin

lil bitchiness
No way, you're cool! big grin

But speaking of DM now, i quite liked their last labum, i didnt think i would, but i did. But yeah, they later stuff are quite an advance from Speak and Spell stick out tongue

<<Solo>>
I just noticed that, I'm going to have to pre order one.

Goth_Girl
mansons cool
his other song New Shit Invesctive is vgood
But i used 2 like Nirvana they made such ace music.
Damien Rice and Tom McRae are good 2.

BackFire
As I've said before, Marylin Manson is the Puff Daddy of rock music. All of his "big songs" are covers (also known as remakes that musicians use when they don't have any actual talent, barring walking around with your bare white ass hanging out or wearing a female body suit for simple shock value since you can't rely on your generic music to get noticed) of old songs that were already successful.

Df02
he's gettin soo boring now, he's running out of shock tactics so ppl are starting to realise his music isnt....actually....good

StinkFist462
wow yet another manson thread .. this IS getting kinda old ....
SEARCH YOU BASTARDS !

Turbo-Cajun
I havent heard the Manson cover of Personal Jesus (I dont think so), but I have heard a Johnny Cash version of that song... its kind of cool, different but I think i like it.

Darth Revan
Not all his big songs have been covers. Beautiful People and the Dope Show are both better known to the general public than any of his covers.

eezy45
Amen!

Goth_Girl
*chill people*
Sry lol dnt no again got im such a noob..well kind off..

ClaraG
that song is pretty good, i don't like the video though

Goth_Girl
lol yea its well rude my m8s H8 it cuz he drops that baby but it turns 2 china when it breaks.

ClaraG
i know, i don't like that bit, i think it's kind of wrong to do stuff like that in videos

norrin radd
johnny cash also covered from depeche mode, and why do they covered? because depeche mode are an awsome band.

StinkFist462
A Perfect Circle has a Depeche Mode cover on there up coming eMOTIVe confused

MildPossession
I like both versions, but prefer Mansons over the original. Like the vocals.

Df02
APC have gone down a few notches in my book, u just DONT release an album of covers....maynard or no maynard, u just dont!

its even worse that it is maynard, because he had this untouchable pedastool, but this album will kick him right off it

Darth Revan
But the single they've already released off the album, Imagine, is ****ing awesome... I think it will be a good album myself, and not all covers are bad.

Tptmanno1
like Renagades! (RATM)

lil bitchiness
Yes i know, but thats APC. Maynard is absolute genious. Besides, i doubt he will mess it up.

norrin radd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.