Green Lantern vs. Black Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScarletSpider
Green Lantern vs. Black Bolt:

http://img12.exs.cx/img12/7457/Untitled-113.gif

Image by Solidarsenal.

norrin radd

crazyspinz
black bolt can hurt hulk realy bad with one shot, but it takes away most of his power, so it would be close

crazyspinz
can any one see my sig image, i added one but it doenst show up

ScarletSpider
Green Lantern has the edge in energy constructs. Black Bolt can fashion some rudimentary things out of electron energy, but nothing like Kyle does.

Although one word from Black Bolt could probably shatter GL's constructs and his focus leaving him easy prey, but BB doesn't use his voice very much, for obvious reasons.

lightaxe
if blackbolt is able to let lose hed win against most people. imagine him screaming at the top of his lungs. seriously imagine it.

ScarletSpider
He's shattered mountains and knocked out the Hulk.

Wynndar
he screamed into a device created by Reed Richards to amplify his powers...the result fried Doctor Doom with the power of a Watcher...GL would have no defense from Black Bolt...Black Bolt is in Hulk's class when it comes to strength and his most powerful attack could probably destroy a planet...he shatters mountains with his whispers

Krissy Von Doom
Blackbolt is class100?

Wynndar
black bolt knocked out Namor with one punch and sent him flying through a whole dam of concrete that was a mile away

ScarletSpider
He's usually listed as class 60, although I suppose with his powers, manipulating electrons, he could really concentrate and pump himself up further.

Nathaniel Grey
Depends on the scenario. Black Bolt doesn't use his voice often since it would eradicate everything within range whether it be living or otherwise. So if they were battling on earth in a populated area or even on earth period I'd have to give this one to GL. But if they were in some unpopulated arena I'd give Black Bolt a bit more of a chance. Considering that his voice can cause planets to spasm. The first probably being the most likely scenario -- it's Green Lantern all the way.

manjaro
all black bolt would have to do is put his fist close to his mouth pretending that its a mic and start singin "happy birthday to you" and its bye bye tooth decay for kyle

norrin radd

Krissy Von Doom
Black Bolt whispered into Gladiator's ear once and KO'd him.

supremthor
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/blackbolt.htm = Black Bolt
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/green_lantern.htm =Green Lantern

Nathaniel Grey
Why do people always refer to these sites? Just so you know that site is fairly outdated and rather inaccurate. The readings it has on characters are based on assumptions and guessing. First of all it has Blackagar's health at " 130 " and Rayner's at " 90 ". Now as I recall the Inhumans health is fairly WEAK when compared to that of a humans in their world. Their bodies have no immunity against human diseases and sicknesses. So say Black Bolt got a cold or the flu...he'd probably die. Intiendo?

supremthor
I didn't no that

Nathaniel Grey
Most people who don't read the comics don't know.

supremthor
I read alot of comics but not alot of FFour comics.

Nathaniel Grey
If you're interested in the Inhumans the Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee run during Marvel Knights was one of the BEST Inhumans stories ever written. I have part of the original series but it pales compared to the Paul Jenkins run.

ScarletSpider
Inhuman bodies are stronger and longer lived. The only thing they're not really immune against are unnatural maladies like polution. As it is, they have a pill they can take and they just have to get over the fact that our air smells like shit.

supremthor
so there like superman but everything human is thier Kryptonite.

Nathaniel Grey
Human diseases are their ailments. Besides those pills don't last very long. They give them immunity for only a few hours.

ScarletSpider
As I understood it, they were immune, or had the equivalent of an average human's immunities to regular sickness and disease as we do. However, as our cities have festered with pollution, while there's is nice and clean, prolonged exposure to our pollution creates severe allergic responses and sickness. Although I can find no evidence in either favor besides a sentence or two on a website here or there. As it is, even with the sniffles, I think Blackagar could take out Kyle, or any of them for that matter, though Hal would last longer.

Nathaniel Grey
If you read the final issues of Paul Jenkins & Jae Lee's Marvel Knights : The Inhumans you'll find all the evidence you need to support my claims. Issue #8 " Woof. " And issue #11 " Plan A. " It states that each pill only contains enough counter agent to last an Inhuman a total of six hours. It block the toxins of the humans air as well as their diseases which the Inhuman race has no immunity against. After those 6 hours are up they die. I'm sure though that because Black Bolt is the strongest of the Inhumans that he can last much longer. But still he's susceptible to death as well after awhile.

Cosmo Kramer
Blackbolt wins

cloud102
The green dude.

quanchi112
BB wins.

jalek moye
depends on the green latern

BlackZero30x
i love green lantern but honestly i think black bolt wins here...as we all know gls powers are based on will power and well i think if bb wanted he could let lose a scream that would at least confuse kyle and then their goes his focus...once that happens id say bb has this in the bag....but this is all merely an assumption on my part because im not sure if kyle has ever gone face to face with anyone like bb before.

grimify
BB is just a bad mother ****er. I'd give him the majority against just about any character in his tier.

cloud102
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i love green lantern but honestly i think black bolt wins here...as we all know gls powers are based on will power and well i think if bb wanted he could let lose a scream that would at least confuse kyle and then their goes his focus...once that happens id say bb has this in the bag....but this is all merely an assumption on my part because im not sure if kyle has ever gone face to face with anyone like bb before.

Hal has disposed of a character quite similar to Bolt. And Hal is more versatile to boot.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by cloud102
Hal has disposed of a character quite similar to Bolt. And Hal is more versatile to boot.

well from the picture given by the poster i figured it was his way of saying this was kyle im not saying kyle is weak because he is my favirote GL but seriously i didn't think that he ever fought someone (well beat) like bb before

jalek moye
Originally posted by cloud102
bwign more versatile doesnt give you a win in most cases

spetznaz
I am leaning towards Black Bolt on this one. I am imagining being him and facing off against another character half a mile away, and simply opening my mouth and giving forth a tremendous shout that destroys everything (including the planet I am on, including me even, but at least making me survive an extra moment longer than my opponent, thus giving me a win ....as I disintegrate).

Thus, I am leaning towards BB.

Caveat:
The only caveat is that Kyle could win under the following circumstances:

a) He obviously has basic information about the other character (e.g. a superhuman who has the control over electrons, has a powerful short-range punching attack called the Master Blow, and can affect physical matter at a greater extent that even the angel Zauriel in DC can).
b) Knowing that, he realizes that he IMMEDIATELY has to protect himself against the attack by shielding himself, or by channeling that energy elsewhere (an energy shunt), or by containing that energy.
c) Knowing what he needs to do, it would be easy for him to immediately set up either the shields, the shunt, or the containment ....since after all the ring works in an instant. You are not chosen to be a GL because of a slow mind, weak focus, and indecision.
d) Which brings the final question ....CAN HE CONTAIN THE SONIC ATTACK? The answer is simple ....YES HE CAN (sorry Obama).

Why?

Well, as a ROOKIE Kyle contained the power of a big bang with his ring!

I'd say that means he is capable of containing the blast, or at the very least shielding himself, meaning that Black Bolt would then be faced with a KMC enraged GL (bloodlusted) just after he has done his attack and weakened himself.

Thus, if I was Kyle (and not Black Bolt), that is what I would do. either shield myself, shunt the attack, or contain it like the Big Bang episode .....then go Warrior Madness Thor on a weakened Black Bolt.

Conclusion:
Either one can win.
It depends on how they react the MOMENT the fight starts.

Verdict:
Actually, I give it 50/50

jalek moye
Originally posted by spetznaz

I'd say that means he is capable of containing the blast, or at the very least shielding himself, meaning that Black Bolt would then be faced with a KMC enraged GL (bloodlusted) just after he has done his attack and weakened himself.

Thus, if I was Kyle (and not Black Bolt), that is what I would do. either shield myself, shunt the attack, or contain it like the Big Bang episode .....then go Warrior Madness Thor on a weakened Black Bolt.

Conclusion:
Either one can win.
It depends on how they react the MOMENT the fight starts.

Verdict:
Actually, I give it 50/50

that wouldn't weaken blackbolt, uses his voice doesnt drain him. He also wouldn't use a full on shout unlsess he had to. He's more likely to be fighting with him uses physical power and electron shots and sometimes uses standard tone attacks. Full on yell is last resort and would actually probbly be done close range.

spetznaz
Originally posted by jalek moye
that wouldn't weaken blackbolt, uses his voice doesnt drain him. He also wouldn't use a full on shout unlsess he had to. He's more likely to be fighting with him uses physical power and electron shots and sometimes uses standard tone attacks. Full on yell is last resort and would actually probbly be done close range.

Thing is, this fight depends a lot on how they start off.

Unless BB starts off with a full-on blast of his voice, he will lose. If he tries some stunt like trying to hit Kyle with the MasterBlow, or something along the lines of mountain-shattering whispers, then he will lose since Kyle would be gearing for what he did when he contained a big bang.

Thus, if i were BB, I would use the fullest extent of my voice the moment the fight started. There is a reason the ring is called the most powerful weapon in the universe (even though many writers forget that and make it into a simple blaster that sends forth green concussive blasts no more powerful than a visor shot from Cyclops .....however, when writers remember what the ring is supposed to do, then you have rookies containing big bangs .....)

I wouldn't waste my time with the Master blow (which is cool), or trying to get close to a master Green Lantern who is blood-lusted (I'd rather try and kiss an enraged Supergirl, or smack an angry She Hulk in the butt!)

I think it will be 50/50.

Lord Feron
IMO on average GL constructs would not be able to withstand normal talking voice. Whisper by itself is incredibly powerful. BB is sometimes portrayed as a team wrecker. HIs strength is up there with the hulk and glad along with his durability.

GL has many different opportunities. He has done some amazing stuff but IMO i reallly don't think GL would be able to protect himself from BB attacks effectively. GL can go on the offensive but hit sheilds and constructs can be broken easily enough.

BB wins more times than not but he is gonna have to work hard.

jalek moye
Originally posted by spetznaz
Thing is, this fight depends a lot on how they start off.

Unless BB starts off with a full-on blast of his voice, he will lose. If he tries some stunt like trying to hit Kyle with the MasterBlow, or something along the lines of mountain-shattering whispers, then he will lose since Kyle would be gearing for what he did when he contained a big bang.

Thus, if i were BB, I would use the fullest extent of my voice the moment the fight started. There is a reason the ring is called the most powerful weapon in the universe (even though many writers forget that and make it into a simple blaster that sends forth green concussive blasts no more powerful than a visor shot from Cyclops .....however, when writers remember what the ring is supposed to do, then you have rookies containing big bangs .....)

I wouldn't waste my time with the Master blow (which is cool), or trying to get close to a master Green Lantern who is blood-lusted (I'd rather try and kiss an enraged Supergirl, or smack an angry She Hulk in the butt!)

I think it will be 50/50.
kyle nots beating him eaisly even if he doesnt yell. Greenlaterns althoguh their rings are powerful still get into fights that they cant end instantly with people. Blackbolt is perfectly capable of hurting him with normal tone attacks and his basic hand to hand attacks. And has the durabilty to survive most things kyle can throw at him

cloud102
Originally posted by Lord Feron
IMO on average GL constructs would not be able to withstand normal talking voice. Whisper by itself is incredibly powerful. BB is sometimes portrayed as a team wrecker. HIs strength is up there with the hulk and glad along with his durability.

GL has many different opportunities. He has done some amazing stuff but IMO i reallly don't think GL would be able to protect himself from BB attacks effectively. GL can go on the offensive but hit sheilds and constructs can be broken easily enough.

BB wins more times than not but he is gonna have to work hard.

I didn't see Kyle, but the way Hal did it was cutting the foes voice out. His power. The ring can do all kinds of crap. Including overloading magnetic foes such as Magneto/Dr. Polaris.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.