Super Man Vs Neo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krexo
Well..?

wrathofachilles
Well Superman has real powers, Neo only works in the Matrix. Besides which, Neo has the ability to get his ass kicked and die even in the Matrix, and Superman is just a bit above Agent Smith.

Krexo
True true. I didnt take into consideration the whole Matrix thing, just them in a world able to use full stength aganst each other.

wrathofachilles
I don't really think Neo is all that strong, just has abilities to manipulate his Matrix-self and the surrounding environment. In the end, Neo can be hurt, Superman can't by anything Neo has to offer. Unless Superman's a program and Neo possesses it and destroys it. But that's not really a fight, lol.

Pandemoniac
That's right! Neo get's his face busted on walls and such, Superman would even get his hair messed after headbuttin a building.
Superman should be able to throw Neo of the planet, Neo just tosses agents 50 meters away.
Neo still has to dodge or stop bullets, so Supermans lasereyes will prove to be a lotta trouble for him.
Superman just outmatches Neo at every plane. Except kung-fu, but no matter how much and how fast you trow a tennis ball at a chunk of steel, it wont get trough right?

Krexo
It depends if supes uses his speed, as he doesnt In alot of fights. Neo is extremly quick. I think in the end Super man would win, as he couldnt get hurt at all by Neo. But i think even then Neo would give him a tough time

radioboy121
If Neo only reached his full potential, he would probably not even need to use physical attacks against Superman, but merely will Superman's destruction (if Neo was in fact working with a Matrix environment). However, Neo still convinced himself that he was a man of limitations, so I give this to Superman.

wrathofachilles
Again, that's assuming Superman was a Matrix program. Neo can't will anything outside the Matrix. Besides, Neo was never, and never would be, capable of just 'willing' programs out of existence, otherwise the Matrix movies would have been 'The Matrix' and the sequel 'The Five Minutes it takes for Neo to Save the World.' The sequels were boring enough without that plotline, lol.

radioboy121
Actually, I believe the idea was that Neo was in the boundaries granted from the Matrix environment, otherwise Neo is just another lanky hacker (human). Also, Superman wouldn't be a program, unless he happened to be from the stock of one of the old Atari cartridges.

Granted, if Neo was as powerful as to consciously evoke a command, the movie series would be boring. I always liked Agent Smith better anyway.

Havoc470
-_-

Swanky-Tuna
What disappointed me was I thought the Matrix was going to be like a live action ReBoot but it was a live action Dragonball Z. I go with Superman.

jplatinum
Is this a joke.
Only reason Neo lost was cause it was predestined that Smith would kill him to bring peace to the matrix, but superman doesn't stand much of a chance.
I know superman is uber powerful, but Neo can do whatever he wants to at will when he has to.
He is always gaining new abilities.
Plus he could just beat the crap out of superman.
Him and smith did the same thing in M3 that superman and DD did in their fight, except that Neo was predestined to die for a reason.

Against superman Neo can win by various methods:
Beat him to death using his powers and his superior fighting skill
Use telekinesis to hold him still with his superior will power
Jump inside him and blow him apart from the inside out
Delete him from the matix
Mentally control him and make him fight his self
Create mental kryptonite and cark is done

Superman just can't win.

jplatinum
Outside them matrix Neo still killed four sentinels by willing it with his mind and he was able to see after beeing blinded by a super hot plasma gun to the face.
You tell me if his powers only work in the matrix. They are just stronger in the matrix, thats all.

lifeisaglich
I agree with what you said partly but
Out side the matrix Neo will not win. Neo demonstrated that he could only will machines not people. Now if superman turns in to energy superman then Neo stands a better chance of wining why because of the suit that superman uses to keep from going all energy and disappearing. Neo could hack into the suit and play with it.

Now inside the Matrix Neo wins without even doing a much as lifting is finger. just a short YAWN and superman goes down heck any body for that matter.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by jplatinum
Outside them matrix Neo still killed four sentinels by willing it with his mind and he was able to see after beeing blinded by a super hot plasma gun to the face.
You tell me if his powers only work in the matrix. They are just stronger in the matrix, thats all.

Actually if you remember, he killed more than 4. Remember in the Machine Fields? There were literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of sentinels. Neo was able to destroy a bunch of them by sheer will. This is all outside of the Matrix. His powers at the end transcended beyond the Matrix.

In the Matrix, he is actually able to manipulate space by bending the entire Matrix into a ventronic tube. Realistically, he should have the same powers as Smith (as Oracle described him as being his exact opposite-negative if you will) so I can see him taking over bodies. Plus NEO is able to go intangible. Remember when he restarted Trinity's heart? He went semi-intangible and put his hand in her body, and had to materialize it, so he could start it again...which is why she was in severe pain. I wouldn't doubt if his abilities were on par with Agent Smith's.

Outside the Matrix, Supes would most likely win because Neo showed no evidence of speed or strength feats, just ability to control machines- which might come in handy. But inside the Matrix he murders Supes, ressurects him, and kills him for the fun of it.

DigiMark007
Hmmm...looks like I have to decide on whether or not to allow matrix threads. I know they have comics, but they're also primarily movie/tv/etc.

...I'll probably leave it unless the matrix threads get out of hand.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
What disappointed me was I thought the Matrix was going to be like a live action ReBoot but it was a live action Dragonball Z. I go with Superman.
I'm with you, Swanky of 2004. Watch out for 2005. That ain't no lady.

MrHeavySilence
You put Neo in this fight so this can only be done in the Matrix. Neo can phase through things and fly at 4,000 kilometers per hour (or something crazy like that). He literally jumped into Smith and exploded him inside out. Superman can only win if he does something insane like move the Earth into the Sun.

Crease
You guys are nuts. I love The Matrix and I'm not a big fan of Supes at all, but outside of the Matrix Neo has no chance. Inside the Matrix the best he can do is stalemate Supes and even that's a stretch.

His only substantial feat outside of the Matrix was destroying a couple hundred sentinels in the Machine City with TK. He eventually tired out though, stating that there were too many of them. So I don't think he'd be able to telekintically hold Supes, like Jplatinum claims. Supes is still completely invulnerable to anything Neo could do to him. Neo would literally break bones in an attempt to hurt him. Hell, Smith hurt Neo horribly after taking over Bane's body. Imagine the 1,000,000 + ways Supes could kill him.

Jplatinum also claims Neo has a stronger will than Supes...I'll leave that one to Supes' fanboys.

"Realistically, he should have the same powers as Smith (as Oracle described him as being his exact opposite-negative if you will) so I can see him taking over bodies. Plus NEO is able to go intangible. Remember when he restarted Trinity's heart? He went semi-intangible and put his hand in her body, and had to materialize it, so he could start it again...which is why she was in severe pain. I wouldn't doubt if his abilities were on par with Agent Smith's."

I don't see how any of this helps him defeat Supes in the Matrix. His ONLY hope is to copy Supes, but he'd have to catch him first, which should be impossible. Supes is infinitely stronger, faster, and more durable than Neo. Supes is also not a program so he can't be deleted. Lastly we have no proof that Neo going intangible could even hurt supes in the same way it did Trinity. So how does he hurt Supes,even in the Matrix? Let's look at what we have so far:

"Against superman Neo can win by various methods:
Beat him to death using his powers and his superior fighting skill"
Neo does has infinitely better H2H, but he'd still break his hand striking Supes.

"Use telekinesis to hold him still with his superior will power"
As stated above, this is a joke.

"Jump inside him and blow him apart from the inside out"
Agent Smith was a program, therefore vulnerable to such an attack. Supes is not a program.

"Delete him from the matrix"
Again...Supes is not a program, therefore he can't be deleted.

"Mentally control him and make him fight his self"
Neo was never shown to have any TP.

"Create mental kryptonite and cark is done"

What the f**k? is "mental kryptonite"? Maybe Neo could write a program for kryptonite. But he can't do it from inside of the Matrix. If he's outside ands Supes is inside, he could actually cause Supes to believe Earth is one big kryptonite rock. That would obviously work. Other than that he's done.

golem370
Neo- http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/n/neo.htm

Darth Kal-El
not this thread again...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.