What religion does God believe in?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
I personally dont believe that there is a god, but hypothetically, IF there was a god, what would be HIS religious beliefs. Would he just worship himself all day?
If there is no God higher than him, and if he is the supreme being, then there is no god for him to believe in, so that means that god is an athiest.

However, just as I know that I exist, and you know that you exist, any god that exists would also KNOW that he exists and is a god and therefore worship himself, meaning that he is not an athiest.

What are your thoughts?

nemo
good question men. i would like to hear the reply from the religious.

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud god is a devoted follower of the norse mythjology wink

Capt_Fantastic
is this a rhetorical question? <was that a rhetorical question?

How many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop?

WindDancer
IMHO.......God likes all religions....they all worship him/her in some way.

Syren
Exactly, God is omnipotent and omniscient (apparently) so therefore must be 'omnireligious' right? Translation; Indecisive.......

Goth_Girl
That is a mind bender well maybe if there is a god he just dosn't worship anyone?

Samurai Guy
Since religious beliefs revolve around a God, I doubt that God would feel the need for religion.

eleveninches
But he would KNOW that he is a god, and therefore would worship himself

mailedbypostman
Yes, he would. End of discussion.

Silver Stardust
Yep...

I loved the comment about God being atheist, btw...that completely cracked me up laughing out loud

Syren
Which comment?

mailedbypostman
Look for yourself.

Silver Stardust
In the first post, doll stick out tongue

Syren
Who the hell are you?

Oh, I know, the resident sadist winkiss Nice to be acquainted etc etc........

And I did look, I obv missed it. Thanks Lana hug

Neo_Version 7
Does he have to worship himself?
I'm just wondering, just because you believe in something does it really mean you have worship it?

I'm not trying to act smart or anything, just asking. thanks.

Barakus
Well how can that be answered? 'God' is the creator of religion.. which religion though? Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism? who knows.. but more importantly, what if every religion was true? that each religion had a basis in fact and what you believed in was how your afterlife panned out? on the other hand it might not be any of them, we as humans might not know of the one true religion (if there is one).. pimp

carnival_junkie
I love the fact that the bible recognizes that there ARE in fact other gods...
Just that none of them are "higher" or "greater" than he is.

Darth Revan
God is too busy to have time for religion. He goes away on business too much.

(partially plagiarized from a song by some folk singer stick out tongue)

Barakus
Well no that wouldnt make god an athiest because he is the creator of the religion.. it is based around him/her, so he wouldnt be an athiest because GOD proves that there is a god so athiesm cant exist!? confused

Turbo-Cajun
God did not create religion. Man created religion.

Isnt athiesm not beleiving in a higher god or power? so if god worships no one, and recognizes no one higher than himself, then he is what?

Adam_PoE
Atheism is the belief that there is no God or the absence of a belief that there is a God. That being the case, IF a god exists, this ideology would not apply.

finti
the idology would apply to those who still didnt believe in a god even if a god existed

Darth Revan
Yes, but since god is god, if it existed, it would obviously believe in its own existence. I'm not saying I believe in a god, because I don't, but it's theoretically impossible for god to be a true atheist. That's like one of us not thinking we exist.

hunchy
Umm....dude God doesn't have a religion...he is him...your trying to compare him to humans...doesn't work...I think he believes in himself...whether you do or not.

Darinda
I THINK BELIEVES IN WHAT HE STANDS FOR.

finti
and god creared man in whose image?

Imperial_Samura
I would assume he would believe in himself, so in essence he would believe in his own religion (ie Christian God, Christianity, Islamic God, Islam, Egyptian gods, Egyptian Cults.....), of course if part of believing is to obey Gods laws..... maybe God simply believes in another turtle just below him holding him up, and it believes in one below it and so on into infinity........

carnival_junkie
were the caps needed?

Darth Revan
So god is a Christian, meaning that he believes that christ will save him once he dies, and send him to heaven? God can't be a human religion, because god is the object that the humans worship no expression

*wishes he were god*

nemo
that's the point he's trying to make, if he believes in himself, that he is god, the most powerful being, then he's worshiping himself.

WhiteEagle
I think if an omnipotent being existed he would be bored out of his theoretical skull. He would see all, know all and have complete control over everything. Nothing would ever surprise him or make him think. If he does exist I feel sorry for him.

eleveninches
What annoys me is when people say that god has a plan. Why would god need to plan for anything? If he ever wanted anything he could get it straight away, and he could even make it as though he always had that thing, so he wouldnt have any need to want it.

Ytaker
Sorry, turtles down to infinity? Turtles swim. They hold themselves up.

omega_star_23
I only read a few posts but the worship of yourself is called Satanism so would that make god a satanist??? lmao too funny

Reborn Again
He's nondemonational.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by eleveninches
I personally dont believe that there is a god, but hypothetically, IF there was a god, what would be HIS religious beliefs. Would he just worship himself all day?
If there is no God higher than him, and if he is the supreme being, then there is no god for him to believe in, so that means that god is an athiest.

However, just as I know that I exist, and you know that you exist, any god that exists would also KNOW that he exists and is a god and therefore worship himself, meaning that he is not an athiest.

What are your thoughts?

Religion is a means to an end. The end being a relationship (fellowship) with God. That is what people are searching for. But instead of coming to God through Jesus (as the Bible instructs) people have tried to get to God through self-effort (i.e., this man-made thing called religion). Religion has nothing to do with God. Religion is not some "thing" out in a vacuum. It is something that is man-made for the purpose of approaching God. But it is not the answer. Jesus is the answer. God and religion don't compute. God worships no one. On the contrary God is or receives worship. Your question about God's religion is misplaced and nonsensical. God is the object of worship for all of eternity.

Me_GuSta_ChoCha
hmm dat is a pretty good point

FeceMan
*Sighs.*

Thread going downhill...going, going, gone....

If the god in question is God--that is, THE God, the monotheistic-omnipotent-omniscient God--then the god in question is the God of the Judeo-Christian beliefs .

Alliance
Originally posted by FeceMan
*Sighs.*

Thread going downhill...going, going, gone....

Is that why you showed up?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Religion is a means to an end. The end being a relationship (fellowship) with God. That is what people are searching for. But instead of coming to God through Jesus (as the Bible instructs) people have tried to get to God through self-effort (i.e., this man-made thing called religion). Religion has nothing to do with God. Religion is not some "thing" out in a vacuum. It is something that is man-made for the purpose of approaching God. But it is not the answer. Jesus is the answer. God and religion don't compute. God worships no one. On the contrary God is or receives worship. Your question about God's religion is misplaced and nonsensical. God is the object of worship for all of eternity.

So according to your argument Christianity is bullshit.....

FeceMan
Originally posted by Alliance
Is that why you showed up?
I'm a masochist.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by FeceMan
I'm a masochist.

I assumed you were a sadist.....

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Me_GuSta_ChoCha
hmm dat is a pretty good point

I just speak the Word of God, but thanks.

Alliance
thanks...but no thanks.

Imperial_Samura
Hell. Why did you bring a thread back to life JIA? One going onto two years old? Ye gads.

Still, it would be very Terry Pratchett-ish to have a God that didn't believe in itself.

fini
HEy how bout we avoid threads brought back to life or last answered by JIA

Or we all ignore him? Because you know he aint gonna change nor say anything new .

Alliance
We could just ban him?

Or..continue making fun of him.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by fini
HEy how bout we avoid threads brought back to life or last answered by JIA

Or we all ignore him? Because you know he aint gonna change nor say anything new .

Starting with me. JIA I will no longer respond to your posts. There now the rest of ya'll can get in the wagon train.

smile

Alliance
Hey fini, you're in my club now!

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Starting with me. JIA I will no longer respond to your posts. There now the rest of ya'll can get in the wagon train.

smile

I see a strange future where nobody responds to anybody else posts. It will just be people quoting themselves into the dark maw of oblivion (certain of us having a big headstart.)

Shakyamunison

Shakyamunison

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Interesting point you have there Imperial_Samura. laughing

Yes... especially as it looks a lot like your post...detective

Alliance
ahh...so Narcissus IS Alive.

fini
LOL !!!!!!!!

u know what is funny, I have JIA on ignore, but someone right after quotes him AND I still end up having to read what he said!!!!

Alliance
I'm sorry, I'll try to stop quoting him.

fini
hehe, its alright, I was just commenting on the irony of it.

debbiejo
Funny thread........A god wouldn't believe in any religion.....Unless it wants too....Since we are all part of "What it is"........We are a conglomerate of beliefs.......But the whole entity wouldn't need it......no purpose for it......actually quite stifling.

Alliance
a "god" would likely to be to intelligent to believe in religion.

or it'd be likely no tto be there at all.

Imperial_Samura
ahh...so Narcissus IS Alive.

Well he complemented me on my post while quoting his own. I felt the need to use detective smiley.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Well he complemented me on my post while quoting his own. I felt the need to use detective smiley. Yes great story he and Echo........One that clings to themselves will only have themselves..........

Alliance
ECHO....ECHO....ECHO...

debbiejo
hello..hello...hello.........

Alliance
beer

debbiejo
wine

You called?

Alliance
Perhaps.

Nogoodnamesleft
Originally posted by eleveninches

What are your thoughts?

God wouldn't worship anything. Because he'd be GOD.

Alliance
maybe god has gods.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
God wouldn't worship anything. Because he'd be GOD.

Why can't he worship himself? Or his work? Or something greater then he (real or not?) Why can't he worship an ideal or anything?

So many Christians, oh so many, proclaim a life without anything to believe in is empty and that by rights a person with out faith in in a deity is fundamentally lifeless and can never do anything because OF COURSE God gives our life purpose (which is wrong of course.) Lets not forget there are more things then a god a person can believe in.

So how is God different? Other then the power boost? What does he strive for? And if he has nothing to strive for shouldn't he stagnate?

Alliance
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Lets not forget there are more things then a god a person can believe in.

REALLY messed

Imperial_Samura
REALLY messed

Well, things other then a religion a person can "believe in"

Alliance
persay. Or they don't really have to believe in anything...but this horse is dead.

Imperial_Samura
persay. Or they don't really have to believe in anything...but this horse is dead.

Yes, I agree on both fronts (especially the dead horse part) though the hypothesis I was operating on was just "belief", rather then not believing. But I agree.

Alliance
cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.