ITS TRUE!!! HS trailer will be shown early!! well...sort of...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
from TF.Net, taken from the official site...

EP3: Teaser Preview for Hyperspace Members
Wed, Oct 20, 04 10:45:25 PM EDT

Let's party like it's palpatine1999! The Official Site has posted up details of the upcoming advance preview of the Episode III teaser trailer for Hyperspace members!
The highly anticipated teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith will make its theatrical debut with Pixar's The Incredibles in the U.S. and Canada on November 5.

However, members of starwars.com Hyperspace can see it before then as the full teaser will make its world-wide debut on starwars.com the early afternoon (U.S.) of November 4. This exclusive member-only preview will be in high-quality QuickTime format.

Lucas Online is pleased to have partnered with AOL and Moviefone.com to provide starwars.com readers with fast and reliable access to Episode III video content. Subscribers to AOL will be able to see the trailer in streaming video formats starting November 4. Also look for the trailer on television the evening of November 4

PVS
hey, not quite the '2 weeks' we heard about...oh well stick out tongue

Mist
i'll pay to go see the incredibles, watch the trailer and then leave.

PVS
i dont know, incredibles looks pretty funny...im going to give it a chance.
now when ep1 came out and they tagged the teaser to that crappy ass movie...was it 'the siege'? that was worthy of walking out.

i liked when they tagged the ep2 teaser to monsters inc. i was ready to just get up and leave, but we decided to give the movie a chance, and i liked it alot. remember, you can still watch some of it and get your money back...why not check it out?

PVS
BTW,

>mods

i just realised i made a dupe thread to adobi's "november 9" thread...could you guys merge them?

Mist
why cant they tag it to a good movie? if ROTS is supposed to be violent and dark, couldnt they have put it with a cool M rated movie.

Sith Master X
Awesome. Thanks for the update PVS.

Spectr4L
Yes...thank you kind sir. cool

captainmidnight
dam i was hoping to see it towards the end of this month,well its only a few days,thanx PVS......

cal31
Incredibles looks really good anyways, so I'll watch the trailer and then get to see a good movie too. I mean it has Samuel L Jackson as a super hero in it, what more do you want?

Mist
a lightsaber wielding samuel L jackson! stick out tongue

Mist
previewing it in a 'kiddies' movie means they cant show some of the more actiony parts of the film.

this means the trailer will be cut down to just showing some talk. remember that ep2 trailer with anakin and padme, all that showed was them looking like they were in love and playing around on naboo. when i saw that trailer, i was put off from ep2. (until i saw the REAL trailer)

so, is this trailer gonna be the OFFICIAL trailer or a teaser?

maul1
Just because the movie is a kiddy movie that the trailer will be playing in does not mean it will not be violent, I saw the EPII trailer during monsters in and right after that trailer they showed the fellowship of the ring which was a scary trailer for kids.

GCG
yess

Yesssssss

YEEEEESSSS

im drooling

Lyn
Thanks for the news PVS! thumb uphappy
I don't think I'll end up seeing it in the cinema though...I doubt I'll get to see the Incredibles.

thejeditraitor
i am officially on the list of folks who want a link when the time comes.

Anakin2Vader
thanks for the news....afternoon of nov 4....and it will be on TV in the evening of nov 4... what a treat... hope no HS member has a job and misses their 2 hour exclusive...lol

pika122689
Give The Incredibles a chance. It looks hilarious. big grin

IMO every Pixar movie has been great (eh well.. I didn't really like Monsters Inc., but still a lot better than other movies).

Lowbacca
Yeeeeeha! big grin

Just 2 weeks left...

Xam
and they say the 8th is public release rigth?

PVS
here's what im not getting:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"However, members of starwars.com Hyperspace can see it before then as the full teaser will make its world-wide debut on starwars.com the early afternoon (U.S.) of November 4."

"Subscribers to AOL will be able to see the trailer in streaming video formats starting November 4."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so...does that mean you need both HS and AOL? or does it mean you need AOL to see it in streaming video, but you can still download without it?

Lowbacca
That's what it's meant to mean I think... confused

PVS
which one??? laughing out loud

a-does that mean you need both HS and AOL to see it?

b-does it mean you need AOL to see it in streaming video, but you can still download without it?

Delta51VE
No you don't need both - one or the other. That's how I'm understanding it.

I think AOL users are getting a bonus, so if you're AOL and not HS you still get to see it. AOL gets lots of things "free" like People Magazine, Ent. Weekley, American Greetings cards, and other things you'd have to pay for if you weren't on AOL.

Either way- I'm sure it'll be all over the message boards the PM of Nov. 4th.

AntniEllison
will the teasers debut b on all the movie sites eg apple.com/trailers n movies.com on noveber 5th? n thats kool coz i'm on aol n will get 2 c it early 2 i think

vanyoda
So much for Hyperspace users getting the trailer
days before the public. "sigh" If it's too hard to
get here on KMC I will probably just watch on Access or
Entertainment Tonight shows. Can't wait !

darktim1
yeah it should even be on trl they always get the starwars teaser trailer that's where I saw episode2 teaser trailer first and can't wait to see it on all news episode3 teaser trailer.

kingcoot
This trivia is killing me. What movies were playing the Phantom menace (1998?) trailer and Attack of the clones trailer (2001)? I heard of this phenomenon of paying theater price for a trailer smile. I thought both previous SW trailers were similar in being released with a movie less likely to be viewed by starwars fans to increase ticket sales. Interesting that this movie releasing the ROTS trailer has somewhat of a connection.

OH yeh. Monsters Inc. SW2

The Siege... SW TPM

PVS
it was 'the siege' (densel washington)

edit> just realised you answered your own question in the same post... confused

PVS
oops...double post

kingcoot
Just noticed you answered me as I looked at the posts after I posted. smile
What the f**k?

vorphalack
I am pretty certain that the original Episode 1 teaser trailer played on Wing Commander. I remember because I was working at a theater when it came out.....and it literally was a walk-out-a-thon.

Truly a terrible movie....and attached to it, was one of the best, hype-building trailers of all time. wink

V.

29Clones
So I am hoping someone will post the teaser upon release?

yes?

no?

I may be asking a question already answered...

laughing

darthcraka
heh im gonna be campen at the cinama november 3rd im goin to see the incredibles smile

Xanatos
So if you have Aol you dont need HS to see it

PVS
dont know.

they were completely unclear on this

Xanatos
Calls Mikey...

darthcraka
hahahahahahhahahahahahaahah

captainmidnight
KERRY!!!!! KERRY!!!!!KERRY!!!!!.............

hunchy
I don't get people like you...#1you can see the trailer online the night before or find it somewhere online...either way you can watch it the 4th, or the 5th...the same day as the Incredibles...Why PAY to go see a movie YOU don't want to see JUST for the episode 3 trailer...are you really that big a fan...Some fans scare me...#2 The Incredibles looks kick ass...It's pixar. When have they gone wrong? They make the best CG movies out there...Toy Story 1&2, Monster's Inc, Finding Nemo, Bug's Life...All good movies. I've yet to see a bad Pixar movie...but hey, I guess its your taste and not mine...but I'm still befuddled that your gonna pay $5.50 or whatever you pay in your town to see a Star Wars teaser...give me a break...I'm excited to see it also, but I'm definately stickin around for the Incredibles.

"i'll pay to go see the incredibles, watch the trailer and then leave."

hunchy
And what has this to do with Star Wars?

"KERRY!!!!! KERRY!!!!!KERRY!!!!!............."

hunchy
Well, what do you think? Obviously you need both...Hyperspace is where you pay to see extra Star Wars stuff...and AOL is the format the trailer is going to be in...So basically you need AOL for starters, and then I'm sure some HS will be nice enough to share the trailer with everyone else...Which is always very kind of them...no matter what, its gonna get spread REAL fast on the internet.

"so...does that mean you need both HS and AOL?"

PVS
hunchy, please dont flood the thread. if you have anything to add, just use the 'edit' option, and you can add it to your existing post.

hunchy
Don't avoid my point.

PVS
i didnt realise we were in a debate...this is simply a news thread.

hunchy
I didn't say to debate me...I was saying don't avoid what I was saying.

PVS
which of your three posts? i have no idea what you think i'm avoiding...??????????????????

hunchy
Let me help you with the one which was directed at you:

Well, what do you think? Obviously you need both...Hyperspace is where you pay to see extra Star Wars stuff...and AOL is the format the trailer is going to be in...So basically you need AOL for starters, and then I'm sure some HS will be nice enough to share the trailer with everyone else...Which is always very kind of them...no matter what, its gonna get spread REAL fast on the internet.

"so...does that mean you need both HS and AOL?"

JKozzy
It's a teaser; the first trailer always is the teaser.

PVS
and what is your source for this info?

hunchy
Dude you are really confused aren't you...

OK, let me outline it for you...

#1: The Star Wars Episode 3 trailer will be available on the HS first ONLY. (You DO know what the HS is right?)

#2: It says that you need AOL to view the trailer.

Here's the link to Star Wars.com. I think that makes it official, don't you?

http://starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/news20041020.html

Jedi Priestess
actually you need Quick Time to view the trailer on the OS in HS. The day its officially released to the public you can get it at AOL moviephone or wait and watch it on tv.

JKozzy
AOL offers the trailer in streaming format, or you can get it in Quicktime format if you're a Hyperspace subscriber. AOL is not a format.

Hey JP! smile

hunchy
That is what I was talking about. Read the link.

moonwalker741
i have the trailer....wait..no!

i ate it again embarrasment

PVS
no hunchy, you said you HAVE to have AOL.

i quote "Well, what do you think? Obviously you need both... "

now can you stop spamming EVERY SINGLE THREAD i visit?

hunchy
Read it for yourself...it states exactly what I said...Yes it can be in Quicktime too, but it states that you have to have AOL to watch the trailer in streaming video...

"Lucas Online is pleased to have partnered with AOL and Moviefone.com to provide starwars.com readers with fast and reliable access to Episode III video content. Subscribers to AOL will be able to see the trailer in streaming video formats starting November 4."

.And I have not gone to every thread you go to...I have gone to this one and the a few on the General Forum...but you visit so many its kind of hard not to bump into you...any topic about Bush/Kerry we both seem to be there...And I'm not leaving.

PVS

whatever dude. have fun in la la land. i may come visit you when i need a break from reality.

hunchy
Dude...stop acting like I'm not making any sense...You know what I was talking about...you have to have AOL to view the trailer....not AOL player...as in you have to be registered with AOL...Then you can view it with Real Player or whatever and Quicktime.

Jedi Priestess
NO you dont. You can view it with QT even without aol as long as you have HS.

hunchy
You can do it either way...but how they wrote it on Starwars.com is a little confusing. Is it saying that if you are not an HS member that you then have to use AOL?

Hyperspace can see it before then as the full teaser will make its world-wide debut on starwars.com the early afternoon (U.S.) of November 4. This exclusive member-only preview will be in high-quality QuickTime format.

Lucas Online is pleased to have partnered with AOL and Moviefone.com to provide starwars.com readers with fast and reliable access to Episode III video content. Subscribers to AOL will be able to see the trailer in streaming video formats starting November 4. Also look for the trailer on television the evening of November 4.

Jedi Priestess
<----------------English teacher

It is saying that on Nov 4th in the HS section of OS you can view the trailer using QT early afternoon.

Then in the evening I ASSUME you can view it using AOL moviefone. You don't have to have aol to get this I don't think. But you do have to download the moviefone trailer thingy. I had that for the trailer for TROY this spring.

Mist
i was joking about paying and leaving

hunchy
Ok. Good. THANK YOU!

Mist
im amazed at how you all reacted to it.
its like i said star wars was gay or something!

hunchy
I was half joking...and half-serious...what you do is your choice...But I think the Incredibles looks good.

Mist
i havent seen any previews or anything yet.

when they say that the trailer will be available for public viewing, do they mean streaming video or downloadable video?

hunchy
For what Star Wars? or Incredibles? The Incredibles trailer is out already...you can see it at Apple.com/quicktime. It looks very good I think...for a Pixar/CGI/Comic Book movie...As for when they say public viewing that usually means that its available for streaming I believe. Only HS members will be able to download it at first I believe...For Star Wars...

Jedi Priestess
Mist in order too download the ROTS trailer off of HS you will have to have QT Pro.

kingcoot
From what I understand, HS members are first to download by 1/2 a day.
Then, AOL users are able to view the trailer. (if you have paid AOL and HS.. eeee... sounds like you are funding both of them, good job)
Then, It will be on tv for everyone virtually the same day, or next evening.

Crazy. I'm just happy ROTS will be in a trailer early november. Everyone is anticipating so much. I want to see more so bad.

Mist
by previews, i meant the incredibles.

for the trailer, i meant star wars

eleveninches
When is it being shown in the cinema in the UK??

cylob49
yeah as we aint getting the incredibles til a week or two after the US

vader519
Let get everything straight, this is a teaser trailer. They put it will a kids moive so they can advertise to kids and their parents, and it gets the word out there about the movie to people and adults who may not be huge star wars fans like us. It is a smart moves. The trailer is supposed to edbut on tv like they did for the spiderman 2 trailer, but it has not bee announced on what channel yet, so keep your eyes and ears open.

Darth_Decimator
here in aus we dont get the incredibles until boxing day sad i hope they attatch it to another film tho i dont wanna have to wait till then to see the trailer on the big screen , i dont know if they will tho or not

Lyn
Do we have to wait that long?

hunchy
Hey Mist. You gotta check out the Incredibles trailer. here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/the_incredibles/

You gotta have quicktime though...But if you don't I'm sure you can do a search for it somewhere else in a different format.

Darth_Decimator
hey there can any of you guys remember what films the episode 1 & 2 trailers were attatched to in the states ?? here in aus we aint getting the incredibles until the end of december and im just hopin they wont wait that long and just attatch it to a different movie in 2 or so weeks , here we had
ep1 teaser with i still know what you did last summer & meet joe black
ep1 trailer was with the matrix
forbidden love with harry potter & the philosophers stone
clone war with ice age
were they the same for you in the states and elsewhere in the world ???

hunchy
Forbidden Love came out in 2002. Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone (Or Philosophers) came out in 2001 for us...so I don't believe it was on that, but I can't remember what it WAS on...but I did see the movie...Nonetheless, you'll be able to see it on the net, the same as us. By the way, Australia rocks...but you don't need me to tell you that.

Darth_Decimator
of course i dont lol thanks hunchy , i know that i can see it online but ive been hopin to have the strength and willpower to wait and see it for the first time on the big screen , know what i mean , hmmmm 11 days 2 go , im shaking already , anyone else gunna wait and see it first on the big screen or will all of our willpower disapear on nov 4th ?????

guiro72
online is fine for me, and the sooner i see it the better....i never plan to see it in the cinema, but i have a friend who always talks me into it at the last minute, and forces me to see some crap that i didn't really want to see....always enjoy anyway though....

DarthVader
Ok lets give this whole "teaser" thing a thought...there has only been 1 good teaser for starwars..and that was Episode I ..in episode II the teaser was crap it was just not right for some reson..(and the fact that i saw 100 diffrent trailers..and 1 was a fan trailer that looked like it was the real thing..) but i bet u that the Episode III trailer will not be anything that we havent already seen...and not to mention it will be very short..BUT thats my opinion so dont go trashing me on this..

PVS
didnt you read the trailer description?

Sith Master X
Yeah exactly. According to the description, it looks like the Episode 3 teaser will be great.

theshakl
Hey um...so will it be here??

i hope so cause i love these forums!!!! Happy Dance

darktim1
I wonder what the volcanoes are going to look like.

theshakl
i am just waiting for it to come online earlier than it should.....

tpaquin
probably like mountains except open on th top with lava coming out.

El Toro
left urself open didnt ya darktim^^^

the trailer description alone has made my mind up...im going to see the Incredibles

Sith Master X
I was thinking about that as well. Sort of like how the title was released at a surprising early moment.

theshakl
no i mean..earlier..as in...illegally

Jedi Priestess
well thats not too smart posting that right out in the open...USH will get you for that.

Gangularis
so let ush get him.

my concern is that the world's going to end between now and Nov. 4th... god why can't we at least get the trailer before the Election?!!

darktim1
I've taken peoples crap before so I should have expected it so it's okay I said that because the worlds are different .

PVS
SEVEN MORE DAYS!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Darth Surgent
..................................................................................................
..................................................................................................
.....................................Waiting Patiently......................................

Jedi Priestess
an updated version of the teaser I hope this one is legit!

www.nightly.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/70/1859.html

Just saw the new trailer with the press screener of The Incredibles tonight. Some may take it as spoilers, but here is how it goes.

It starts with the familiar Fox and Lucasfilm logo and the classic "A Long Time Ago". You then see Luke looking out at the twin suns as he did in "A New Hope", Obi Wan then voices the The Jedi were the guardians lines as we cut to scenes of Qui Gon and Obi Wan, then we get the lines about Vader betraying the Jedi, Shots of the clones loading onto the ships from Episode II this leads to a shot of a robed Anakin turning so we can see inside the hood. He has bright glowing eyes, and a deadly stare.

The first shot of Episode III is of an eruption on Mustafar. It is a volcanic, barren hell hole, burnt rocks and volcanos line the landscape and we see what looks like mechanical spiders with riders atop of them crossing the field.

What follows comes fast so I will give it to you but in no particular order as it is hard to keeo straight how it all came.

You do hear Palpatine say arise Lord Vader and they show him strapped to table that is leaning forward and surrounded with steam.

As he rises they cut to scenes and then back to him rising. You seen Anakin and Padme, the new Jedi Fighters in action, a Breathtaking shot of the capitol ship battle the opens the film. You see lots of Wookies, Tie Medran (Spelling), C-3PO, R2, in the Tantive IV hall. There is a great scene of Yoda coming in looking very upset and drawing his sabre then one later of him chopping. (This is the Palpatine Confrontation)

Mace in a pitched battle, a very quick shot of the dual, more shots of Padme, and a great one of a eveil grin in a hooded Robe which I took as Palpy. It flies very fast and furious and it is hard to take it all in as the next sequence is being shown while you are still trying to take it all in. It is visually very stunning. Either technology has taken a huge leap since the last film or Lucas has been holding back as this is amazing. There are no shots of Grevious, His Henchman, or Dooku nut what is shown looks great. There was silence when it ended and someone let a "wow" out and a steady murmur followed as people took in what they have seen. If you have questions drop me a line. I filled this in as best as I can remember as I promised to get it to you the moment I got back from the screener.

Also,

Palpy had that raspy delievery L-0-R-D V-A-D-E-R where it is drawn out. That is all he spoke. It was a tone of authority and Vader uttered a response of Master which sounded like James Earl Jones.

Gareth

www.sknr.net

PVS
sounds KICKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xam
sounds like no dooku in the trailer

Jedi Priestess
thats cause its about Anakin not Dooku stick out tongue

Xam
i knew that cool

PVS

Gangularis
when did maul's eyes glow red?? and why would anakin's??

Mempho76
I still don't understand why Vader's voice may be a bit differ in ep3???

Gangularis
yeah, didn't james earl jones pin it almost perfectly for that newly dubbed and edited scene in ESB??

Morridini
Well, doesn't a persons voice change a bit over 20 years?

Gangularis
like i said.. didn't he JUST redub a screne for ESB?? did his voice change during the period where he dubbed this and dubbed for episode III?

Sith Master X
Maybe they used some computer technology to match his voice perfectly so it fits with the OT. Of course, there is some room for error with the PT seeing that it took place 20 years before. Hmm...

scramba2000
Darn, posted this in the wrong place previously:

NOTE: Those who have fast upload speeds (20k/sec +) and are willing to upload the trailer at least FIVE (5) times to yousendit.com or another location when it comes out Thursday, pm me. Initially (meaning for about 2 hours), I will only send the link to those willing to upload and post the links. If you are a Senior Member of KMC or I know you somehow previously, I'll send you the link regardless(if you pm me). After 2 hours, I will be posting links on a continuous basis until everyone who wants it has got it...

Edit: The trailer is supposed to come out 10:00 AM PST on November 4th...

edit 2: if anyone has any suggestions or comments or better ideas, pm me.

GCG
right :

if you pm me / send it on a http based link, i am able to upload it elsewhere and then i could yousendit on KMC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.