Plastic Man vs. Mr. Fantastic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Abaddon
It would be an interesting fight....

MERCILOUS
I've often pondered this myself. In raw flexing, Plastic Man out does Mr. Fantastic in every way, but is Reed's intellegence enought to fill the gap, or maybe even completely out do his stretchy superior.

emraldguardian
Reed has he would be able to build something that would destroy Plastic Man. I dont see what Plastic mans punches are going to do to Reed.

Arachnoidfreak
There's already a thread on this. I made it. Search for it.

ScarletSpider
Considering he's up against his own power, Reed should know an easy way to neutralize Plastic Man.

manjaro
plastic man has it if it was a versatility contest, but Reed is a genius he would figure a way out. However, even though they both have plasticine bodies, Plas seems to have it moreso than Reed, cuz im not even sure he's human anymore. he dosnt have any organs or blood for that matter and his mind cant be read. think back to Obsidian Age when they went 3000 years back into the past, and he got obliterated into a million pieces, everyone made it back except him, and it took 3000 years for him to piece his cosciousness back together, until the JLA found him and put him in a jar so he could reconstitute himself. so he's like a plastic Mr. sinister.

so at the very least whatever Reed is able to do Plas would be able to recover. the only thing he could do is use that special device he keeps in his lab to banish him to the negative Zone, or maybe the other one he has that opens a portal to limbo.

crazyspinz
neither of these guys could accualy hurt eachother, think about it. reeds intelagance would win this

MERCILOUS
Umm no, Plastic man could defintiley hurt Reed. Reed has limits to his physical power. Plastic Man is immeasureably powerful. Malice stretches Reed to his limits almost killing him. Plastic man could do this to hurt him. And while Reed is quite resilient, he is no where near impervious to damage. If he doesn't stretch just the right way, he can be severely injured. Plastic Man cannot be harmed in this way, and infact posses not a single atom of metal in his entire body.

emraldguardian
What are you talking about Plastic man isnt going to be able to stretch nothing he has regular human stregth thats why his punches arent going to do nothin. Reed is too smart hes pretty as smart as Doom, He would just send plastic man to the negative zone or something like that.

ScarletSpider
Reed has proven to be able to stretch his consciousness. If at the start of the battle, he can't think of a way to beat Plastic Man, he'll stretch and contort his intelligence and consciousness until he can.

Arachnoidfreak
Reed IS in fact invulnerable.

Read Marvel Knights 4 #s 7 and 8, where both he and Namor say it.

Wynndar
he's not invulnerable, but neither Wolverine or Terrax are able to cut him...he can also increase his strngth by increasing his muscles volume like when he went up against Onslaught...their powers r very different...plastic man is highly durable, nearly indestructable...basically made of plastic...but i think Richards uses his powers more effectively when he's on the offense..did u see when he kicked Namor's @ss?

Arachnoidfreak
"You've never managed to understand--you can't hurt me physically Namor, I'm indestructable" -Reed Richards, Marvel Knights 4 #8

Nataku8188
"Im a raging homo" - Reed richards

Meh... I don't know if he ever ACTUALLY said that, but he's been implying it for quite some time...

I think richards would win... hes got too much goin for him.

MERCILOUS
You guys are counting out Plastic Man's nigh infinite versatility. Plus he's completely mad. In DK2 he turns into a giant toilet and flushes people down himself. He also turns himself into a hot air balloon and flys the characters away. No way is Reed indestructable, Malice nearly kills him by strecthing him to his limits. If early on Plastic Man turns it into a stretching contest, he can do to him what he's done to elastic man. Other than this yeah, Reeds too smart, if the battle last too long it goes to him.

lightaxe
y0 alternate realities dont work homes, DK2 is elseworlds thus not in regular continuity, plus he aint that crazy currently.

SnakeEyes
Reed no contest

MERCILOUS
It doesn't matter, he hasn't changed in 3000 years, he wasn't any different in 40 theoretical years later either.

lightaxe
naw he did change notice he spends time with his kid more now, and tried to quit superheroing to be a normal dad for his kid. it put everything in perspective for him.

MERCILOUS
Power wise?

lightaxe
damn, ok not power wise but the only reason he did that is because he was crazy in DK2. And is regular continuity hes not crazy, hes more calm then before now.

MERCILOUS
Well I haven't read him recently but he wasn't exactly sane the last time I read him.

muffin man
mr fantastic he has got the brains

lightaxe
why did u revive this old dead thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.