Pissed off Hulk VS Pissed off Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emraldguardian
Im going with Hulk on this one.

wrathofachilles
Well if you mean Warrior-Madness Thor, then I don't know about that. Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, and a few others couldn't take Thor on when he was pissed. I imagine a match-up like this would destroy the Earth, lol.

Wynndar
yea warrior madness Thor could really hold his own against pissed off Hulk. If Hulk was as pissed off as he was the issue after Onslaught?...then he would probably trash anyone who wasnt an omnipotent, DC characters included

Havoc470
a pissed off thor would beat the crippity crap out of a pissed off hulk imo, anyway cant thor take the gamma radiation right out of hulk?....or is that just silver surfer...?_?

emraldguardian
lol i was looking around and i thought this was funny

http://photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/?action=view&current=hulk_hammer.jpg

Havoc470
lol, i cant stand most of the old comics, especially certain writers

Wynndar
yea but im not sure if that is the fight where Mjolnir lost it mystical properties...Thor didnt stand a chance in that fight

wrathofachilles
There is no way Hulk can destroy Mjolnir. It is an impossibility, even for the unlimited strength of Hulk. How it lost it's mystical properties is poor writing, unless it was simply that Odin took it away. I don't remember that issue. Either way, that's just stupid, lol. As for Thor taking out the gamma radiation, I don't think so, but he could kill him with his godforce blast. But he wouldn't.

crazyspinz
well, if hulk is as pissed of as he can possibly get he is pretty mutch unbeatable. he has unlimited stregnth when he is mad

wrathofachilles
Yes, but Thor's strength is pretty much unlimited in his Warrior Madness state. Plus his extra powers. Like I said, I think this battle would end up destroying more of the Earth than deciding who's stronger.

Wynndar
Im basing this off comic knowledge...not my own opinion of Thor...I know how u have a big interest in the Mythology characters WOA...but by definition Hulk has unlimited potential to his strength...Pissed off or not, both Thor and Herc have lately been unable to really engage Hulk in one on one battle. Eric Masterson Held his own, but he also displayed he was superior to classic Thor in his battle with Gladiator. Professor Hulked claimed he nearly killed classic Thor, but Im not sure what issue he was refering to. After Onslaught, the Hulk was emitting more radiation than a Nuke and so pissed off he grabbed half his face and tore it off. Warrior Madness Thor was beyond Herald level in strength...But by pure definition, Hulk is stronger...Beyonder and the living tribunal have both said it.

EgoPrime
The Hulk and Thor have tangoed plenty of times to be able to tell who the winner of this would be.

Hulk wins. Time after Time, Thor comes in, starts Bashing Hulk around with his hammer, and then Hulk gets back up, with Thor saying something like "By Odinson! This cannot be!"

Then Hulk precedes to lock up with Thor until Thor tires out. There was even one time when Hulk said "All your hammer does is make Hulk horny for Betty again."

Especially if the Hulk is pissed. Thor can throw what he wants, but when the Hulk is pissed and raged up, he's as unstoppable as the Juggernaut. (And by that I mean he is physically unstoppable.)

Evangel94
That picture is from a dream the Hulk had in which Hulk dreamed if he could smash the hammer, thor would be powerless.

Evangel94
Again, that occurred in the "Ultimate Universe" and not in the normal Mainstream Marvel Universe we are all familiar with. Don't mistake the two different universes.

EgoPrime
It doesn't matter where it happened, I was just using the example of what Hulk said.

It still does not change my point.

Evangel94
It does matter since they are completely different. It's not the same hulk and thor, therefore you cannot use examples from both universes.

FrothByte
well pissed off thor would own a pissed off hulk. thor will not last long in a fist fight with hulk, but if we're talking about a really pissed thor than that would mean he would use the full powers of mjolnir, including that god force blast. although hulk is powerful, he is too one dimensional. thor has too much tricks up his sleeves.

wrathofachilles
It's more than interest. It's career, lol. *Not Thor mind you, just history/mythology* Eric Masterson was NOT superior to Thor, he was not as strong nor as powerful. He won fights faster than Thor due to his unorthodox way of fighting. Thor doesn't fight dirty, he's as bad as Superman. Instead of jumping out of the way he stands there with his hands on his hips and lets whomever is coming at him try to take him. Idiot, lol. Anyway, it was stated exactly as such in Thor #433, Masterson is a different kind of fighter, but in no way superior. He beat the absolute hell out of Ulik and Gladiator due to their assumption that they were fighting Old Thor and they knew his method.

Anyway, I agree Hulk is the strongest being, I'm just saying Warrior Madness Thor is nearly unbeatable. His strength is virtually limitless as well, and Post-Onslaught Hulk was a sole occurence. Any Norse god/warrior can get the Warrior Madness numerous times. Yeah, put that Hulk against anybody and he wins, even against Galactus probably. But that's not 'pissed off Hulk,' that's 'psychotic, sociopathic, freaking nuts Hulk'

wrathofachilles
Evangel is right, I'm sick and tired of people using Ultimate examples. That is NOT the characters we all grew up with, it's an entirely separate system and frankly I can't stand it. I am highly disappointed that Marvel went that route, and anyone using the 'Ultimates' in a debate is completely oblivious to the fact that when someone says 'Hulk' or 'Thor,' it's the original Hulk or Thor. Anyway, Thor does not tire out. He can't tire out. Their physical shoving match did not end until they came to terms. Hulk's power is limitless yes, but Thor's durability is limitless in the aspect that he doesn't ever need to rest *except during those dizzy spells*

Wynndar
well isnt Warrior madness Thor kinda psychotic too?

JuggernautFan
i dont think warrior madnes increases thors physical attributes any. i think he just cares less for the well being of his opponent. doesnt hold back so to speak.

JuggernautFan
what was that called??? where this happened?

wolverine8888
hulk has beaten thor. thor has never beaten hulk

Evangel94
Actually thor killed the hulk with one arm before.

Evangel94
It increases his strength about ten times.

wrathofachilles
Really? Do you have pics of this? Sounds cool, lol.

Well, not for Hulk wink

Wynndar
and since Hulk is still alive it doesnt sound like its in continuity

JuggernautFan
ummm, no this is not true...... thor at 10 x his strength would overwhelm just about anybody. this is what thor says but he has a tendancy to over-exaggerate in his comics.

it more or less just makes him care less about his opponents. thor with 10 x his strength would have murdered BRB and S.S. in thier bout and there wouldnt have been a damn thing anybody could have did about it.

Havoc470
why would they bother calling thor something cool like Warrior Madness Thor, if all that changes is that he doesnt hold back, that makes no sense...he actually does gain strength in most of his attributes

wrathofachilles
Psst...hey....shh...so does Juggernaut....Shhhh!

wrathofachilles
And yes, he does gain increase in strength, that's what the Warrior Madness does. It comes from the Norse Berserkers, who trained themselves to increase their adrenaline in battle which thus increased their ferocity and their strength. The Warrior Madness is a god-form of the Berserker madness, thus the strength is magnifed...plus it's comics, which magnify even more.

Evangel94
It does increase his strength 10 times. Im not going to argue about it because it's been stated numerous times in thor comics.

wrathofachilles
Seriously Evangel, do you have pics of Thor killing Hulk?

JuggernautFan
10 times......... thats just stupid. hulk would be no match for him in this state either (if it really did) yet hulk held his own with thor.

10 times is rediculous. 1 1/2 times -maybe- but more or less thor just cares less for his opponents. i want to debate this and if you could just provide me 1 issue where it is stated that his strength increases 10 times (By somebody OTHER than thor himself) or 1 issue where he does something he couldnt normally do then i'll believe you.

but otherwise i'm going to believe myself and the thor comics i own to which i can make an intelligent decision on my own without relying on a marvel website.

eleveninches
Again, if it is thor at the end of dissassembled, NO mortal would be a match for him.

Maestro
apart from molecule man..........

eleveninches
except maybe parallax

Havoc470
so an intelligent decision would be that thor would be the first character in comics to have a modified name, and nothing comes with that name?

i can believe it actually does modify his strength, wrath described it perfectly, especially knowing that going berserk is something norse mythology talks about alot, so having thor with a godly-berserk would only be obvious to make in a comic book

even Toad had his name modified to Terrible Toad for a reason

wrathofachilles
Well said Havoc, well said. wink

wrathofachilles
Hulk held his own with Thor because Hulk has the capability of being 10 times stronger as well. Again, he has no limit to his strength. Surfer does. Beta Ray Bill does. Drax does. Ergo they are not a match for Thor.

JuggernautFan
then why does he have so much trouble with thor in non-warrior maddness state???? doesnt make much sense now does it. brb has just as much potential as thor against hulk. also hulk has never won a battle against surfer. re-evaluate my friend. re-evaluate.

Havoc470
theres no reason for hulks rage to increase when he's tussling with someone thats having a problem with him, if thor would go warrior madness then hulk would start to get enraged till he see's fit and it'll even the odds

Wynndar
Thor was trouble for Hulk but thats about it...Hulk never fought him that angry either..warrior madness is exceptional for Thor...we should then consider Hulk in exceptionally pissed off mode...not regular every comic angry

Havoc470
yeah thats exactly the point, if a pissed off hulk fought a pissed of thor it would mean their power levels would be even

FrothByte
how come everybody's seeming to forget the powers of mjolnir? basing from the comments that i read, you guys think this is gonna be some major fist fight. a really pissed off thor would use the full potentials of mjolnir on hulk, and because of this i do believe that thor has this in the bag.

Havoc470
yeah i kinda forgot about that, thor would win imo

wrathofachilles
Beta Ray Bill does not have as much potential as Thor. He has the strength of the Thunder God and the hammer, but he hasn't the experience nor the power of Thor. Thor is above Beta Ray and has been for years. As for Hulk, Thor is usually smarter and craftier. Hulk doesn't have that much trouble with him in a strength battle as their strength is fairly equal. Thor is more powerful, thus Hulk is going to have trouble on a power level, not a strength level.

JuggernautFan
i think you pick my posts on purpose, just to argue with me wink

yes he does......

experience can be learned. i said he had -potential- to be just as badass as thor. whats wrong with that??

only in skill. which isnt inherant. it is learned. BRB could be just as fierce if not more so.

yes but in all thors powers and strength regular hulk has trouble with him, and so does warrior maddness thor?? they both possess basically the same power and same strength IMO. there is no reason to think otherwise. unless somebody can provide me with issue numbers where he exhibited greater strength.

Maestro
how can you say beta ray bill has less experience than thor, he beat him in a 1 on 1, thats how he got his powers from odin.

emraldguardian
exactly^

Havoc470
was it a 1 on 1 with thor having mjolnir and warrior madness? because this battle would be a PISSED OFF hulk against a PISSED OFF thor, so it really doesnt matter how strong beta ray is 1)because this battle has nothing to do with him and 2)we're talking about an enraged thor

they both possess the same strength, true, but as frothbyte said youre forgetting about mjolnir which would obviously tip the scales, seeing as thor always has mjolnir and hulk has no mjolnir of his own

wrathofachilles
JugFan, no he doesn't.

Maestro, that was years ago. Thor has increased practically exponentially in power. Beta Ray Bill does not have the experience Thor has *he has thousands of years* nor does he have the potential that Thor has demonstrated. Thor is superior to Beta Ray in every way.

Wynndar
thats like saying Shang-Chi is not a better fighter than Thor because Thor is thousands of years older...Beta Ray bill is equal to or better than Thor is fighting ability...for some reason, the old Marvel stats also called beta ray bill more durable...I dont know why...but i do know BRB has a tendency to hang out with more of the cosmic types and demonstrated he is at least...just as cool as classic Thor wink

picoico
The more angry hulk gets, the stronger he gets. There is no defined upper limit on his strength. The Onslaught saga shows us that writers are willing to take it to however far they need.

Such cannot be said of Thor. However, with King Thor I would say we have a nice excuse of the tradtion of having Hulk smash Thor whenver they fight (or at least more often than not).

wrathofachilles
Originally posted by Wynndar
thats like saying Shang-Chi is not a better fighter than Thor because Thor is thousands of years older...Beta Ray bill is equal to or better than Thor is fighting ability...for some reason, the old Marvel stats also called beta ray bill more durable...I dont know why...but i do know BRB has a tendency to hang out with more of the cosmic types and demonstrated he is at least...just as cool as classic Thor wink [/QUOTE

Well Shang Chi isn't a better fighter than Thor. Technique-wise yeah, but he's not going to beat Thor in a fight. I'm not talking about fighting technique, I'm talking about who is superior. Thor is superior to Beta Ray Bill power-wise. Bill's not even close anymore. Close to Classic Thor, absolutely, but not new Thor.

Havoc470
didn't thor pierce a cosmic's armor?

im actually asking, because i dont remember

wrathofachilles
What do you mean cosmic's? Which cosmic's? He pierced a Celestial's armor if that's what you mean.

Havoc470
yeah thats what i meant, my mistake heheh

FrothByte
grrrr.... why isn't anyone considering my post asides from havoc? THOR...WOULD...BEAT...HULK!!! just for the mere fact that
pissed off thor + mighty mjolnir > pissed off hulk.

Havoc470
yeah, they'll just ignore that fact and probably keep making comeback's to eachothers posts

wrathofachilles
Well, partly because Thor doesn't use Mjolnir much, but that is a valid point. Even more, Pissed off Thor + Mjolnir + Runes > Pissed off Hulk.

Evangel94
The problem here is that people don't actual READ the comics enough to make a judgement call. READ ie actually keep up with the comic.

It leads to the problem where they try to push their point across without concise and clear facts. They turn to tons of speculation and opionated arguments to argue.

joesha28
Ok let me break it down for you----

1) If you noticed, Thor in his battles is always cautious of his surroundings, who is nearby. This is his major factor why he alway does not have the upperhand against Hulk.

2) Thor knows that Banner is a innocent man. Thor's noblity stops him.
In one issue Perrikus and adva attacked Asgard to dethrone King Thor, Perrikus of the Dark Gods told to Thor that thor was not brutal and cold enough to be a true warrior.

3) After some issues Cap America, Wolverine,Hulk, Thing, Dr Strange attack Asgard. Strange nullify King Thor's odinpowers thus is classic Thor. Wolverine sliced Thor's arm. Thor now fights a handicap match HANDICAPPED against Hulk and Thing. He killed them both. ( Thing was abit broken, HULK WAS IMPALED THRU THE STOMACH.) Thor could not have killed the Hulk, some might say (esp hulk fans). But the subject here is not " he could not have" but "he should not have" Thor evaded his reasonings of noblity (see 1 and 2) for a greater purpose, helping earth. Hulk's skin strength does not allow him to be killed in such a way some might argue. But we are talking abt Thor ( the only one i believe could match Hulk's unlimited strength, Hulk strongest is agreed in MU)
According to physics this could be done ( seeing Thor's strength). And many know that Hulk is one of fan favourite hero..... compared to Thor...why would MU let Hulk die in such a manner esp to THOR'S hand, coz it could happen, Marval know it. If you fail to believe this than you CAN believe BATMAN beat the HULK (i don believe this but Thor killed hulk i do). Hulk healing factor will keep the fight going to Hulk's adv. So only to beat Hulk is to kill him ( healing factor does not work in a dead body).

4) Classic Thor cracked a Celestial armor, who is Hulk compared to a Celestial.
Classic Thor scared Galactus away(fed or unfed big G is still a forced to be reckon with afterall Thor than is compared to a Herald), who is Hulk than.
If you noticed Thor never in his battle with Hulk used his Godforce. He seemed to have reserved it for those who are more powerful than him (Thanos, Celestial, Galactus) not using on hulk shows how the god of thunder view the engine of dustruction.

well another thing some ppl said take Thor's hammer he'll be wiped... well take gamma away from Hulk (banner's source of power) you'll get ]
BRUCE BANNER VS THOR W/O HAMMER.

joesha28
isn't anyone gonna argue with me? well ok

supremthor
hulk only has one way of defeating thor.Thor on the other has far two many, I like the hulk and all but all hulk has is brute strength and sometimes that doesnt help.What I m trying to say is Hulk will win if thor doesnt have his hammer.

supremthor
Another thing marvel makes thor look stupid I mean with all his powers he should be able to take out hulk with no problem.

Wynndar
what comic was that u were refering to with Hulk and Thing getting killed...u started by saying "after some issues"...then u lost me...was it what if or something?...U know being impaled would not normally kill Hulk right? and gamma radiation is not the source of Hulk's power, it is a byproduct of his power. He acquires energy and mass from a pocket dimension. Beyonder and the Living Tribunal have called Hulk limitless and a threat to the universe...who is a celestial to the Tribunal?...

wrathofachilles
Thor doesn't need his hammer anymore, Hulk isn't going to beat Thor even if he doesn't have Mjolnir.

Wynndar, I believe it was issue 73; Thor killed Thing, Hulk, Wolvie, and Captain America after they attacked him in Asgard. Impaling doesn't normally kill Hulk, but this was with the strength of Thor, plus it was after a major beatdown that Thor gave Hulk. It was mainstream, it's just that Thor later went back in time to before all this happened. This was a storyline where Thor took over Earth and called it New Asgard and the heroes attacked him because he was becoming tyrannical.

joesha28
Actually Thor killed Hulk and Thing in Mighty Thor: Lord of Asgard issue 73. Thor's Odinpower was nullifed by Dr.Strange with the help of the Pantheon, which means he virtually the Classic Thor. Thor defeated them bot with one hand, without Mjolnir which shows Thor's ability to take on Hulk w/o hammer.

And if you check out Hulk's powers on Marvel web. Mavel did not state Hulk's skin power but healing factor, which cun work if the person is dead. I agree to Hulk limitless power, he top the chart of strength, but Thor's godlike strenght bring him close to the top of that chart, Thor is also faster than Hulk. See stats in Marvel again... given speed and strength penetrationis likely for the Hulk.

Wynndar
umm...so r u saying that since its not stated on marvel web its not a power? Hulk was blasted by Troma with a blast that went through Hulk and the planet and totally regenerated...he said the only side affect was that it itched for a little while. Hulk has a healing ability that would never allow him to him to die from being impaled...In The End, he regenerated from nothing but a skeleton on a regular basis. Maestro regenerated after being blown to particles. The continuity of this Thor 73 is laughable if it demonstrated Hulk being killed from a felsh wound. Thor's morals getting in his way? yea maybe...however, there have been times when he has totally cut loose, against the likes of Gladiator, Thanos, or when he had the warrior madness, he still wasnt unlimited in nature, not like Hulk.

wrathofachilles
Thor is top of the strength chart, the only thing is Hulk has no theoretical limit, which means his strength is capable of going OFF the charts. Normal strength-wise though, Thor tops out above them all. Hulk just has to get real ticked to reach a superior level of strength. But as you said, Thor is faster *and much more powerful.*

wrathofachilles
Technically they didn't say Hulk was dead, they just showed Hulk motionless on the floor having been impaled. Thus Thor did not necessarily kill Hulk via the impaling, if he killed him he could have done it another way. Hulk is capable of dying, just not very easily. Still, Thor is one of the few that can do it. He beat the crap out of him lol, that's really the only issue.

eleveninches
Hulk DOES have a limit. His strengh is based on his anger, and there is a limit as to how angry the human mind can get

wrathofachilles
You've obviously never met me wink

supremthor
but everything has a limit

wrathofachilles
That's not true. Limits are defined by physical boundaries. Yet Hulk's strength has transcended the boundaries of reality. He draws power from other universes for his strength, thus there's no real limit as there's no limit to a universe. Marvel has actually stated there's no actual limitation to Hulk's strength and power, and they pointed out during the Onslaught saga where Hulk went nuts that it was only a glimpse into his capabilities.

who?-kid
Hm, being a Hulk fan, even I never bought the "Hulks strength is endless" theory. Everything has a limit. Hulks strength and anger are no exception (the limit is, in my opinion, not yet shown, but that's another story).

You can not "get madder and madder and even more madder and even more madder" ad infinitum. It doesn't work that way. It consumes lots of energy and troubles one's thinking. At some point, you're as angry as you can be, and that's the end of it.

supremthor
thank you who?-kid

Nataku8188
Still though, Hulk has never shown his full strength, and if he's pissed off TO THE MAX! He's probably strong enough to tear even Thor in two. I mean, consider how strong cosmic beings consider him to be...

Hulk at max strength = Parapalegic thor.

wrathofachilles
But Hulk has never reached whatever 'limit' he may have. He can consistently get angrier every time he goes up against someone who proves to be too powerful. Onslaught is pretty much the top villain he's faced and he proved his strength was sufficient to rip him apart. If he were to face an opponent more powerful, then his strength would reach a higher limit. Thus whatever limitations that would exist are basically defined by whatever or whomever he's facing.

As for the Hulk vs. Thor, Hulk is capable of greater strength, but that does not mean he's going to rip Thor apart. Thor has far greater powers at his command than Hulk. If it's an arm-wrestling contest, Hulk wins. But in a fight, Thor would take Hulk out before he's 'torn in two.'

I agree with Wolverine88888888888888 and Cosmo on that list, lol.

leonheartmm
this is a hard match up, but through tactics , im sure that thor would easily win, but hulk's strength really has no limit and he doesnt need to care about beeing exhausted or drained because of anger, because, ANGER MAKES HIM STRONGER. anyway, potentially hulk has far more power than thor, and if he really gets ticked off{a rare thing, specially against thor}
he WOULD rip thor apart. neway i say this cause, lets not forget that thor did try to go up against onslaught, but couldnt do a thing to his armour, hulk however destroyed the armour, wheather onslaught meant for it or not.

wrathofachilles
Hulk doesn't have far more power than Thor, he has more strength, and it's not 'far more.' If Thor was in his Warrior Madness state, he'd had ripped the armor off as well. They are comparable in strength, only that Hulk has easier access to being the strongest being alive.

supremthor
The thing about this is if thor really used all his power he could take out huk like surfer once did but no thor doesn't really think in battel.

wrathofachilles
Thor thinks in battle if he has to, he just relies mostly on instinct. You try fighting for 2000 years and see if you don't rely on instinct, lol.

leonheartmm
um actually, hulk's POWER, is limit less, since he absorbs energy out of all the universes, he is said to have the power level of a supernova.

wrathofachilles
His POWER is manifested in strength, durability, and a healing factor, meaning all physical aspects. He does not have the power output that Thor has; he cannot control lightning, he cannot control the winds, he cannot absorb any and all forms of energy or magic, he cannot unleash a god-force blast that has the capability of making Galactus run like a girl, he doesn't have mastery over the Asgardian runes, etc. etc. Thor has more powers. He is more powerful because he manifests his powers in vastly more varying ways.

Alpha Centauri
I agree with Wrath but where Thor has all that power, Hulk's is always growing when pissed. Thor's is not, just the manner in which he unleashes it.

-AC

Nataku8188
But this is a pissed off hulk vs pissed off thor, and if hulk is pissed off already, I'm gonna assume they mean pissed off to a high or near upper limit anger. Like when someone hits on your woman.

Spiderninja008
Thor is nigh undefeatable tho......i give it to hulk.

wrathofachilles
Oh well that's a completely different story then, lol. There are no words to describe that kind of pissed-off anger. Still, if Thor's fighting that way too *say Hulk hits on Lady Sif* then I say the world is destroyed and they're still trading blows as they float away in space.

Get your eyes off my woman!

Nataku8188
Get your eyes off my cheescake!

leonheartmm
THIS CAN GO ON FOR A WHILE.

joesha28
if you guy have read marvel's guide of incredible hulk, in the section: friendly fire.... it states: with the enchanted mighty uru hammer, Thor is one of the very few heroes who match Hulk's raw power. It also states that Hulk vs Thor does not have a clear outcome of who wins!

It said when Hulk quit Avengers, Thor fought him. Thor was taken aback by Hulk strength growth with his anger. Thor then fought Hulk w/o Mjolnir. Hulk strength grows in that long fight by Thor's training, experience kept it a stalemate.

joesha28
Incredible Hulk Annual 2001

Posted: Wednesday, September 12
By: Jason Cornwell
Print This Item

Writers: Erik Larsen (main story) & James Kochalka (back-up feature)
Artists: Jorge Lucas & James Kochalka (p), Al Milgrom, Al Vey & Greg Adams (i)

Publisher: Marvel Comics

Plot:
When the Hulk goes on yet another rampage, we see Thor decides that enough is enough, and that the time has come for the Hulk to be taken down before he endangers more human lives. What follows is a big, old slugfest, in which both the Hulk & Thor manages to get their shots in. Highlights of the contest include a trip to two alien worlds, as Thor attempts to find a battle ground where the battle won't harm others. We also see the Hulk struck down twice by Thor's lighting & the Hulk bring down a mountain side on Thor's head. The question of what has more power behind it, the Hulk's fists, or Thor's hammer, is also answered. Other highlights include the Hulk escaping from quicksand, and his raining a fury of punches down on Thor. However, the answer to the question of who would win is never fully answered, as Thor discovers that in his effort to bring down the Hulk, he's endangered just as many lives as the Hulk does during one of his rampages.

Comments:
If you read the previews, or even looked at the cover before you bought this comic then you knew this issue's main plot would be Thor versus the Hulk, and if this is all you went in expecting then you won't be disappointed, as this issue is a grand old slugfest. This issue allows both characters to get their shots in, be it the Hulk getting struck down by Thor's lighting, to the Hulk bringing down an entire mountain on the Thor's head. I also must confess I love Erik Larsen's decision to have the Hulk provide his overly simplistic commentary on the battle, as there are times when this running dialogue had me cracking up, such as the Hulk's explanation for why Thor's use of a hammer makes him less powerful than the Hulk. This issue doesn't aspire to be anything more than a battle between two of Marvel's big guns, and I can still appreciate a comic that caters to slugfest happy fans, so frankly it gets a thumbs up from me.

However, I'll never stop being annoyed by a writer's inability to commit to an outcome when they are delivering the battles that fans ask for. Now I won't pretend that I was among the group that want to see Thor battle the Hulk, and frankly these two are too evenly matched for my liking, but I've read enough letter pages to realize that when fans write in asking for this battle, they want a contest that will have a definitive answer to the question of who would win. However, once again we get another battle where this question is ducked. I understand why they try to avoid the ending where one hero emerges as the clear winner, but when this annual devotes over twenty pages to the battle, frankly it's disappointing to have it end undecided. Now there is a moment in the issue that Thor fans can point to the Hulk having to be rescued by Thor, but given the Hulk played a key role in getting himself into that life-threatening situation, one can't really use it as the final answer.

Jorge Lucas greatly impressed me when he delivered the final issue in last year's "Inhumans" miniseries, so when I heard he was slated to be the artist for this annual, and that it was going to be Thor versus the Hulk, I was quite excited. Now that I've read the issue, I can't really say that I'm as impressed as I expected to be. I mean, the issue looks quite nice, and I'm sure most fans will enjoy this annual's art. However, I must confess I'd rather Jorge Lucas have used his own style rather than his Jack Kirby impression, as it would've given this battle a more epic feel. Still, there's several very nice splash pages in this issue, whether it be the wonderful opening shot of Thor, or the page where the two combatants initially confront each other. The battle itself is also well delivered, as the strength of the attacks used are clearly displayed, and project a sense of power. The cover to this issue is an eye-catcher as well.

Final Word:
In an age where Marvel's annuals are on the verge of becoming an endangered species, it's nice to see some effort being put into making these last few a strong reminder of why annuals exist. This issue is a strictly a response to the demands of fans to see the Hulk & Thor go at it in a no holds barred contest, and for the most part this annual makes use of its expanded page count to deliver the goods. Sure, I was disappointed by the ending, as once again fans are cheated out of the answer they enter these contests seeking the answer to, but one can't deny that this issue provides more than enough moments to keep fans of both characters sated. In fact, while this battle won't be going on my all-time top ten list when it comes to battles, I do recommend this issue to any fan looking for a good, old fashioned slugfest.

wrathofachilles
The plotline says the question of whether Hulk's fists or Thor's hammer was stronger was answered. So what was it?

Tough Guy
i think that at least thor v hulk has some interesting parameters due to the extra powers of thor ( though he is not like superman and able to call on whatever power suits him at the time, and i feel his ability to control storms etc and god like blasts a little silly but hey.) firstly in a slug fest thor would not be strong enough to win, as ive said on other threads hulk is the stongest/best bruiser out there in the marvel world and in a 1 on 1 slugfest really has no equals. add some powers and u have an interesting situation, but have to ask well would moljner kill hulk, i think not, lightning no and as hulk grew madder and stronger he would feel the effects less and less, would the whole god blast thing kill hulk, well thor better hope it did or his only other card would be to have hulk carried off in the wind or something or else flee lol. though at least thor would have more to offer than say juggie or abom who would really rely just on their physical strength

K3VIL
Thor can defeat Hulk.
How?Simple

Classic Thor, or the actual Thor that you american readers can look at, the Thor with mastery over Asgardian Runes, have only to do 1thing.
Hit Hulk with Mjolnir in the head, managin Hulk's attacks and hitting him with some punches, obvious Thor MUST hit Hulk with all his strenght.Full Force is the tactic.Managin Hulk and hitting him with his best blows will grant Thor the victory, cause when Hulk is sufficiently stunned by Mjolnir's blows at full force, Thor use the God Blast.Hulk is dead.And 3/4 Mjolnir's blow are sufficients for a victory like that.Hulk cannot become sufficient angry to surpass Thor strenght if he get killed before.

juggernaut74
Well the way I see it is better to be pissed off than pissed on. But anyways Hulk wins this in my opinion simply cause a pissed of hulk is not going to be beat by anybody in the Marvel Universe(Hint Hint). If Thors mighty Godforce could not take out Juggernaut I dont see how he can stop the Hulk.

wrathofachilles
'Silly?' How is it silly. He is the GOD of THUNDER. Of course he's going to control god-like blasts and storms, that's what he does. Do you not know the Norse god Thor? Anyway, Thor and Hulk are virtually equal in strength until Hulk becomes 'savage.' They had a slug-fest and it went on for days because neither one could get the advantage. As for the hammer, Thor never hits people on the head with it unless it's an invulnerable opponent. He wouldn't try to kill Hulk and that's basically what would happen if he smashed his skull in at full force.

Thor's godforce didn't 'take out' Juggernaut, but it most certainly stopped him, thus it would stop Hulk. It may or may not kill him, who knows, but it would send him reeling.

Like Stan Lee wrote, this battle would last for days and there wouldn't be a clear-cut winner, though of course Current Thor would manhandle Hulk with little trouble.

K3VIL
Because it make Galactus going cry to the mom?
Accept reality, Hulk can be defeat.It had happens before.And remember that a pissed off Hulk compared to a pissed off Asgardian big guy with a magical hammer and great strenght is like comparing a toyota supra with a ferrari.

juggernaut74
dude a suped up Toyota supra will smoke a ferrari. Why dont you accept reality. I know cars more than comics man.

juggernaut74
oh and by the way they dont exist in reality.

supremthor
what shut up an enzo ferrari wll smoke any toyota supra.

juggernaut74
how much does a enzo cost? How much does a supra cost? You can stick alot of money into a supra to be fast enough so beat a ferrari. There is no aftermarket parts for a ferrari while the Supra has plenty of them. Didnt anybody watch fast and the furious. That orange car that beat that ferrari was a Supra.

Tough Guy
no tor couldnt manhandle hulk, his only way would be through some god like powers etc but i dont think thor has anything that would actuallly end up beating hulk, maybe blowing him away in wind or burning him with lightning but eventually hulk would become stronger and more brutl with anyone he ends up fighting to say what i heard in an interview with stan lee on cabe once hulk is the strongest one their is as he potentailly is limitless in strength when enraged has no boundries, therefore warrior madness thor or whatever eventually has to come up with something else eventually and i dont think he has enough power to do anything other than stop hulk andmake him totally pissed off, after all juggie has handed thor his arse often and hulk is tougher than juggie so untill u give thor some more silly powers like control of flatulance or something that might amuse the hulk, its a safe bet that hulk will eventually walk away the winner,, basicaly as in a 1 on 1 slug fest he really has no equal, that is how he was created to be.

supremthor
enzo ferrari is the latest ferrari it can go from 0-62 mph s: 3.65 and has a top speed of 220 mph in the movie to fast to furious the cars never went past 160mph.

supremthor
An enzo cost around $700,000

joesha28
Well, you see... i read this book as a neutral. Hulk fans has said that Thor was defeated in this book, proving Hulk's superiority over the Son of Odin. They say Thor struck Hulk with lightning, afterthat Hulk stood up and overwelm Thor with three punches knocking him out, winning. This was said in every vs thread in the net consisiting of this two. But let me explain what happened: Hulk Thor fought in jungle, Thor brought them both into another dimention. While Thor flew with Hulk holding him, Hulk flung Thor to a mountain. Thor stood up but mountain fall on him. Hulk went off. After Thor painfully shof everystone to come out, he went looking for Hulk, to see if Hulk were to cause trouble here too,to the native beasts. Soon finding him, Thor and Hulk fought coz Hulk did not want to leave. Hulk pushed Thor to his limits with his on-growing strength, Thor was almost drove to his Warrior Madness. He overwelmed Hulk, they both exchanged hits at the same time. Hulk cried " dumb hammer hurt Hulk's hand" and Thor jumped and hit Hulk's head with Mjolnir. Hulk was on the ground (the second time in the book). Thor momentum was stopped when he relised that the place was on fire. He called upon a storm to stop the fire. Hulk than attacked him from the back but Thor was alert and struck Hulk with a lightning Hulk KO for some time.
Thor open new dimention to go, when travelling Hulk woke up and hits Thor B4 going into another world, w lack of oxygen. There Hulk reverted to banner. seeing this Thor brought banner back to earth to a military place, but did not know that banner changed to Hulk. That was when the 3 punches and the Thor "KO" took place. But too continue, B4 Hulk could leave Thor came back madder. Hulk was astonised "Hulk smashed long-hair, why long-hair can't stay down".
I won't say the end
But the book officially pointed to one thing " Hulk was stronger" Hulk fans pointed to this most of the time. But the whole sentence was "THOUGH HULK WAS STRONGER, THOR PROVED MORE POWERFUL".
The important word was "THOUGH".
But the contests between Hulk and Thor had no true victor.

joesha28
sorry the actual sentence was "THOUGH HULK MAY WELL BE STRONGER, THOR PROVED TO BE MORE POWERFUL"

In that annual if you noticed, Hulk had alway had an upper hand when Thor was distracted. But Thor edge out the Savage Hulk in a direct fight.

joesha28
lets see the important words: "THOUGH(important word:it differenciate the two) HULK MAY WELL BE(important word:writers showed alittle uncertainty) STRONGER,BUT THOR PROVED(important word:there's a real confirmation) TO BE MORE POWERFUL"

joesha28
Jugs did that when Thor was sick.

wrathofachilles
Indeed Hulk is the THE strongest hero in the MU, but Thor is probably THE most powerful hero at least of the classic heroes, not with Franklin Richards and his like running around nowadays.

Tough Guy, you don't seem to know anything about Thor. He doesn't have 'god-like powers,' he IS a god and has godly powers. Thor does have the power to stop Hulk, their strength is virtually equal upon first meeting before Hulk has the opportunity to go berserk, and in power levels Thor is top of the line. In addition to Thor being sick, he came back and beat Juggernaut twice. Stop posting about Thor when you don't seem to know much about the character or his historical counterpart.

Cosmo Kramer
Thor would run away to find the Avengers.

joesha28
Indeed that is when the challange is very much unknown to him.

Cosmo Kramer
what? oh!!! Funny guy...im so depressed.

joesha28
yeah but better than asking help from human "rick jones"

joesha28
remember in Avengers 3, Namor and Hulk teamed up against the Avengers. Namor went for Thor, Hulk came and said it was foolish to take Thor down alone (Namor manage to beat Hulk in that same comic). Hulk tried to pull Mjolnir from Thor with 2 hand against Thor's 1 hand.

Tough Guy
i know thor is a god thank u, though not sure about the difference between stans thor and the original norse myth but hey. and i know enough to ask how exactly thor would beat hulk, what would he use, to beat, not stun, or temporarily daze ( causing huge increases in strength and healing from hulk). my understanding is hulk 1 on 1 would grow to have the edge, then just get madder and stronger till he was powerful enough to smash thor. comics to my knowledge never have given a definite winner to this but cant or else would annoy some or other fans. i wish people would state what these so called adverseries to hulk would do to beat him rather than quote warrior madness, hammers, lightning or if its juggie, unstoppable, invincable etc, what they gonna do to beat him is what i want to know, when u ask this question ull find the answer is very little except continually piss him off making him more powerful. and lets not worry about our thors or juggies being suped up 8th day, warrior madness etc, the 1st time hulk was suped up ( war) he was unimaginably powerful ( pissing on a hapless juggie), imagine if hulk ever faught with his true potential baring in mind war was never used to his max, and would still possoes infinate strength. thor is a very good idea but i would have personally as a writer have used hi as a foe for hercules, more interesting, god v demi god etc

Tough Guy
oh also pissed off thor would not escalate power as much as a pissed off hulk would

Havoc470
a pissed of hulk would escalate in power and surpass thor, but thor also has mjolnir and that basically puts him in a class of his own

Havoc470
depends on the driver, a suped up supra is alot harder to handle than an enzo ferrari, at least from what i've experienced

wrathofachilles
Hercules *who is a full god now* has fought Thor several times. The first fight lasted for days and ended in a draw and another fight had Hercules win after Odin stripped Thor of half his power. As for Hulk and Thor, War Hulk would of course win, that's no question, but if you're going to have War Hulk fight then you have to include King Thor or Current Thor, which would result in King Thor winning and probably Current as well. Yet even Classic Thor has abilities to stop Hulk. Hulk is afraid of Mjolnir, and Hulk isn't afraid of much of anything. He cannot lift it, for all his strength, and the storms Thor controls would most definitely take Hulk down. Thor is master of the storms, and makes Storm of the X-Men look like a little girl. Hulk has been knocked out before, and is capable of being knocked out with a barrage of lightning. In a strictly physical match-up, Hulk would likely win, though they did wrestle for days one time with nobody getting the upper hand. Hulk does get stronger the angrier he gets, but with someone like Thor, who can keep Hulk at bay if he really tried, his strength wouldn't make much difference. He can, and has, knocked Thor out if he gets ahold of him, but again, Thor has many powers at his disposal. And that's not even including the godforce blast, which could kill Hulk no question.

Mr_Famous
hey what about pissed off hulk vs pissed on thor or something like that?

picoico
Hulk beat the crap out of Herc...poor herc...wouldn't give up. I think that was in a one-shot. Hulk was in some building and refused to get out of it. Military contacted the Avengers, and the avengers brought in Herc.

As for Thor, he keeps loosin to Hulk. Pissed off or not. Warrior madness Thor is a bit over hyped. Reading those issues it's clear the characters weren't going all out. From what I remember, they really did want to help thor, not kill him. Thor on the other hand, was out for blood...and yet didn't manage to kill SS or anyone else on the IW...mind you neither the entire IW with SS outclassed the insane Thor...it took Thanos to subdue the guy.

Cosmo Kramer
What if Rhino and Scorpion double teamed Hulk?

Tough Guy
wrathof chillies i see ur point, yet mine is un unswered
* no a lighning bolt would not ill hulk
* a storm would blow hulk away yeah, and>......
*here we go king thor etc, look hulk has been upgraded once, war hulk , and no version of thor would stop 1 of the four horsemen of the apocalypse ( and that came from power already within hulk, as hulk has limitless strength/power at his hand in his normal forms not his suped up ones)
* as ive stated in a previous thread someone (n i cant remeber who) said if hulk went all out would be as powerful as a supernova, and if he was fighting to the finish well ( and i cant understant why a supernova as tht isnot limitless in power) stick anything u like in front or behind thors name it is not gonna help

Tough Guy
thor would be reborn or something and the stories would go on, hulk would not be beaten by thor 1 on 1, tor though would end the fight by blowing hulk off into th wind etc, moljner well doesnt maestro have this in his collection?? together with silver surfers board etc, these things are only gonna be powerful over the hulk till he gets really pissed. as for rhino and scorpion, get a bin bag out for whats left of them

Tough Guy
and nor would a bolt of lightning knock hulk out sorry not kill

wrathofachilles
Thor didn't try to kill them, he just wanted them to get the hell out of his way. He is capable of killing virtually anyone, and only has unleashed it on Juggernaut, Loki, Galactus, and a few others *basically he unleashes it against those he knows he isn't going to kill*. He doesn't keep losing to Hulk, they haven't fought that many times.

Rhino and Scorpion wouldn't take down Spider-Man, much less Thor.

I never said a lightning bolt would kill Hulk, of course not. A barrage of lithtning bolts wouldn't even kill him, but it would knock him out, significantly easier to do. Thor can unleash bolt after bolt after bolt. I didn't include King Thor until you *or someone* mentioned War Hulk, thus if one is going to have War Hulk fight Thor, you have to make him King Thor, otherwise it's no contest. As for Hulk unleashing, it still won't take down King Thor, who killed Hulk. Odin could probably survive a supernova, so can King Thor.

That's a good point about being reborn. Technically Thor cannot die until Jormungand kills him at Ragnarok. He's actually 'died' before in the comics, but always comes back because he is fated to die in only one circumstance. He can't before then.

One bolt wouldn't, numerous ones would.

FrothByte
a pissed off thor should by all means win over a pissed off hulk. a pissed off thor would use all means necessary to stop hulk... that would include using the full potential of mjolnir. if thor can physically go toe to toe with hulk, then he should win if he included using mjolnir's powers. imagine hulk trying to out-punch thor while a whole barrage of lightning is hitting him. the god force blast is enough to kill hulk. i keep on repeating myself, thor has too much variety of powers at his disposal for hulk to win. hulk is tooo one dimensional, not to mention of basic intelligence. thor has battled for thousands of years, and will no doubt come up with a good enough strategy to beat hulk.

d forbes
i don't know too much about comics but i will say this. The question was whether a PISSED off Hulk would beat a PISSED off Thor. I believe that a PISSED off Hulk is already in a high state of anger to begin with. If Thor( in any incarnation) doesn't know this then he will proceed to use the powers at his disposal most likely before trying to engage him physically. Using the wind and the lightning at this point would only benefit the hulk. Its safe to say that a PISSED off Hulk won't be knocked out by these weapons like a regular Hulk may be. He would probably feel some pain which would just serve to infuriate him; making him even stronger. This added strength, and continued added strength bourne of frustration and pain from the battle would continue to nullify Thor's subsequent attacks- even with the aid of Mjolnir- until there was no attack left to use to stop the Hulk, God Force notwithstanding. At this point the Hulk would kill or knock out Thor. It would take a while but thats the only way the Hulk would cease getting madder and stronger- in other words more powerful. A regular angry Hulk can reach Warrior Thor or King Thor level in strength and power. Not varied power like Thor but concentrated power which tranlates into increased strength, healing and toughness; a more powerful Hulk. This more powerful Hulk is more powerful than a PISSED Thor whose anger augments his strength to limits whereas the Hulk becomes more powerful without limit. What chance would a regular angry Thor have?

On the other hand, I'm unsure if a PISSED Thor can make his winds stronger or lightning strike harder. If he can then maybe he can knock out even a PISSED Hulk early and then use the God Force. That's the only way he can win. I doubt it however.

Finally if we were to use the strongest incarnation of each character, Maestro for the Hulk and King Thor for Thor, the hulk would still win simply because he'd already be a much stronger- madder hulk with the ability to increase his strength without limit, up against a pissed off stronger more powerful Thor who cannot do the same. This fight would be much shorter since the Maestro, and we'll say the Maestro in his prime- not the old dude in Future Imp- would not have to take as long to get the required Hulk anger-strength to surpass King Thor's power limit. Remember, King Thor's varied attacks albeit possibly stronger won't be able to knock out A Pissed Maestro Hulk. His God Force blast, even if he uses it right off the bat would probably hurt Maestro but wouldn't kill him. it would just make him madder and stronger and probably strong enough quicker, to defeat King Thor.

Bottom Line. Hulk wins.

P.S. I use God Force a lot in this post and to be honest I really don't know what it is. Perhaps I am underestimating its power. Can someone out there really break it down to me. It sounds intriguing.

Tough Guy
like i said top thor, king or whatever against a hulkat his suped up would not be a natch sorry, hulk is limitless in power and thor is not , his main way to battle hulk has been his hammer and winds, ( not yet used god forc to my knowledge), he didnt kill juggie with his god force and a pissed hulk using a fraction of his limitless potential ( a mathematical impossibility there lol) would be just as invulnerable, he has grown 2/3rds of his flesh back in a few secs b4, its a true stale mate fight cos at some point thor would just suck hulk away in a tornado or something, or use his hammer to switch hulk into a strange imension. thor is a physical equal of a normal hulk, not an angry 1, and if u keep going to warrior madness or king thor, then we need to have him matched with a hulk thats already on a level anger wise to match then surpass that ( and hulk can surpass any level as he is limitless himself) maybe though if betty was threatened hed reach a much more pissd off state quicker???? any how thor better not try to engage to physically and hope that its a windy day lol

K3VIL
Yes a SUPED UP, pay attention at what you wrote.A SUPED UP.I like the Supra but if it's not Suped no chance vs Ferrari Enzo model.Saying a suped up supra is like saying if Hulk get sufficiently angry.

wrathofachilles
First, Hulk is always pissed off, lol. Thor is not always pissed off. When he is, he is unbelievable. Thor impaled a Celestial with the Sword of Odin when he was pissed off. Of course it didn't hurt because, well, it's a Celestial, but he was still blasting them with Mjolnir and doing all sorts of things that would eviscerate the Hulk. Hulk is capable of destroying anything and showing unmatched forms of strength when he is pissed, but like we've said, he doesn't have the powers Thor has, which would be sufficient to kill Hulk, pissed off or not *though he's never not pissed off really* The godforce would easily kill Hulk, no question, but he doesn't have to use that. He can just unleash with his own strength, while though it isn't limitless like Hulk, it vastly surpasses normal 100+ level strength that he has before.

And if you haven't read the comics, how do you claim to know anything of King Thor? Maestro is insanely strong, but he has nowhere near the power of King Thor, hell nowhere near the power of Classic Thor. King Thor killed both a pissed off Hulk and Thing together, he beat the holy hell out of most of the Avengers, killed other gods, etc. There is NO power limit to King Thor. He surpasses Odin, Thanos, Galactus even.

And yeah, you are underestimating the godforce: it is the single most powerful force Thor has, and arguably that any Marvel Universe hero has. It's probably more powerful than Surfer's limited power cosmic. It kills gods, meaning it can kill Hulk. It stopped the unstoppable Juggernaut. It sent Galactus fleeing in pain and fear. Thor usually only uses it on people that he doesn't think it will kill, like Juggernaut and Galactus, rather he uses it on people that it will stop when he has no other means of stopping them. Hulk may or may not be killed by the godforce, but it would definitely be sufficient to beat him in a fight, no question.

Tough Guy
if god force didnt kill juggie it wouldnt kill hulk , a pissed hulk would be on the verge of indestructable END. he heals quicker as he gets angrier.
pissed off thor not super dooper thor or whatever they created for a series of issues, as we are not dealing with a hulk suped up ( though he always has access to his limitless power by suping up i mean starts out much higher) so king thor can deal with a king hulk. classic thor would be crushed by maestro though that still isnt the battle on our hands.
1 on 1 thor would be beaten eventually physically ( im using logic here) as hulk would surpass his strength evntually dwarfing it. thor would not be able to kill hulk, moljner would have smaller and smaller effect the longer the fight lasted till thor would need to use some power or other to blow/transport/ whatever hulk away. on a physical level hulk has no equal as weve agreed i think many times over these threads that was how he was created, the question is whether thors or anyone elses powers would be sufficient to beat hulk, thors would not defeat him i dont think, maybe daze, stun, knock for miles etc but although hulk is not indestructable, he pretty much is, after all hes survived ground zero atomic explosions, and re entry to earth, also can puch with the power of an atom bomb ( onslaught), still lives etc. the only way hulk would win would be a physical battle, which using logic he would win, thor would only be able to use his powers i think to literally make hulk leave blow him away in wind etc ( remember hulk is pissed not just angry), if we use king thor etc then we need to use war, a member of the four horsemen or another un yet written hulk that starts in power way ahead of a savave hulk ( remember starts, as hulk in savage form is unlimited) so leave them out of it if hulk is infinite in strength maybe he too could be formed into a god like character who knows.
i need to read up a bit about king thor though , sounds a little silly if hes that powerful ( galactus hulk and thing etc) u might aswell call him jesus or something lol or woud he beat him too, sounds like dc overpowering to me in a marvel universe but id like to find out more

joesha28
Hulk has the potential to be very strong. He has potential unlimited strength. His medium is his angry, but does he have unlimited anger to gain unlimited strength. I think not. cos anger too got a limit. If he does if will be unrealistic.

As for King Thor, overpowering i think not. Being a "god" give him a right to do so. If this is silly than what do we call Maestro?

Maestro is definately the strongest Hulk manifestation. But even he admits classic Thor was a better match to him than Prof Hulk. If that is the case, u think he match King Thor. Yes he is abt class200, he can grow stronger but u think King Thor wld wait around for Maestro to be stronger. Thor knocked out a raging Savage Hulk with a lightning for seconds in the annual. Hulk needs time for his strength and Thor does not.

Another thing, Thor never ever used his godblast on Hulk B4.

joesha28
any arguements?

joesha28
hello

Tough Guy
yes right here we go again,
*maestro beat thor not king thor ( theoretically, we never saw this)
*leave king thor to the king hulks ( as yet unwritten but totally possible)
*forget anuals, hulk is not gonna be knocked out by lightening, end, also as he gets more pissed he becomes nigh on indestructable, END.
*prof hulk had a limit to his strength, maestro /savage dont get your facts right, maestro pissed on pro hulk without needing to get angrier.
*also he has unlimited strength, deal with it, its his power, like thor has powers hulk has his, he is infinate in rage and strength, END, he will surpass any obstacle where strength is the tool, and theres not a lot brute force cant smash if given the right amount of power, hulks is limitless. thor would have to wait around if he was to win, he wouldnt be able to take care of hulk quickly, even at base rate savage hulk is 100 tonnes, if hes pissed u can double that in a couple of frames of a comic book, yes he increases v quickly if he is angry, and in this thread .hes pissed.
* right war is the most powerful version of hulk, not maestro. weve only seen him once he has celestial powers, is a member o#f the friggin four horsemen, stopped juggie ( thors god force only did this) overpowered absorbing man, and as ive said never showd his true capacity, he would also be unlimited in strength. as ive said, physically hulk would win, thor would end up transporting hulk somewhere else when hulk started to dwarf his strength, end of fight, i dont think classic thor would be able to kill a pissed hulk, hed be indestructable virtually, mojlner god force etc would effectively beat hulk till he grew strong enough for it not to be so effective

Tough Guy
any arguments

muffin man
pissed of hulk come on

joesha28
well people, the classic battle of MARVEL'S strongest, The Mighty Thor vs The Incredible Hulk will never end. Marvel's writers try to calm things down between fans of both powered heroes all over the world with the Hulk 2001 annual.

Hulkfans keep saying that Hulk knocked out Thor with 3 punches, each time growing stronger. The punches did happen....the hulk did grow stronger, but Thor was not knocked out. I challange Hulkfans to read the script of that box, if you could post it. The writer wrote "the unexpected happen" after hulk bashed up thor and that was a bloodied thor woke up and challange hulk to fight again. Thor could bleed, he does not have that healing factor of hulk, but that does not make him liable to defeat against the hulk.

Again hulkfans said that lightning could not knock hulk out. well, it did. Thor zapped a bolt at hulk and carried an unconsious hulk thru the portal.

but with respect to the writers, they did their best to balance both fans. They concluded, sorry Thorfans, that Hulk is stronger and sorry Hulkfans, because they said Thor's more powerful. In the end they said there was not a clear victor in the fight. Also proving why Thor can't use every inche of his might and power to fight Hulk with a question of who poses more danger a Hulk who want to be left alone or a god who want things done? simply saying that hulk handed thor his ass is unfair. Marvel proved why Thor had to tone down ( arrowing to Thor's the Reigning).

If i have the time i wld pose the concluding page of the annual.

Cosmic Cube
Warrior Madness isn't the route to take against a really pissed Hulk, he'd be at least a thousand times stronger than Thor. While Thor would not last long at all in a brawl with Hulk, Thor is smarter than that.

Using Mjolnir, as well as his superspeed, and his divine powers such as the Odinforce, Thor wins.

Gilgamesh
Hulk fears Thor's Hammer, and might very well be the only thing on hearth he fears. Thor is underrated (and not very popular) so poeple are quick to pick Hulk as the winner.

Thor would loose without his hammer,Hulk should concentrate on that.

In my eyes this is 50/50, but the fight could go on forever,litteraly.

Wonderman
This is a great fight. Thor has strength and inv. on his side. With the elements he can keep Hulk off of him. If he can keep his hammer safe from Hulk, and still use it on him, and stay out of Hulks grasp, Thor could knock out Hulk with the Hammer.
However, if Thor is not fighting at a high level of expertise, Hulk may well find a way to lock onto Thor, disabling his advantages and squeeze him like a grape.

dave315
Has it been mentioned that Thor killed Hulk by neck break in a "What If"?

Cosmic Cube
Hulk can't be killed. A neck break would be next to impossible, and even if it occured, Hulk would heal momentarily. What comic and issue#, dave315?

dave315
What If ? No 45, June 84 - "What If Hulk Went Berserk"
Hulk kills 2 of the FF and Iron Man, strikes Thor causing him to drop his hammer and holds him so he can't pick it up. This is back when Thor would revert to Blake if he didn't hold the hammer for 60 seconds. Thor and Hulk grapple and Thor claims that that Hulk's strength matches his own but Hulk's blind rage causes him to be careless. Thor gets the neck snap and Hulk dies and reverts to a lifeless Banner.
Even if Hulk is stronger wich he should be when angry it makes sense, grappling requires a clear mind. I have been submitted by people over 60 pounds lighter and much weaker than me when I tried to hard to get a submission.

joesha28
I've heard of that..... it was a forgotten fact.

Tough Guy
hulk kicks thors arse in a brawl, end of story, thor would teleport hulk somewhere and writers would have hulk ( as has happened b4 get knocked out by lightening or some bollocks, even though juggie withstood thors god force lol. hulk has no physical equal when enraged

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>