Wolverine vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmic_Beings
Galactus would win before Wolverine even thought about it. But A few years ago, I was looking at comics at a local store to catch up, and there was an issue of Wolverine, which was Wolverine vs. Galactus. I was shocked, and I opened the comic, and I saw Wolverine running up to Galactus and extending his claws, even though Galactus was probably a few miles tall.

How the hell did that happen? How did they get in that situation? What the hell? I found this picture, but that is it. Anyone with information on how this happened, and what happened, please tell me!

Swanky-Tuna
I will cry if the line "Wolverine, Herald of Galactus" is written in that book.

radioboy121
I think the comic you may be referring to is Wolverine #138, where Wolverine and the Starjammers are trying to save a prison planet from being consumed by Galactus. The whole ordeal in saving the planet is terribly unsuccessful and I think the use of Wolverine vs. Galactus (cannot remember if it was on the cover) was just an attention grabber.

Wolverine barely even got Galactus' notice in the comic. It was not a one-on-one fight as you would think.

Cosmic_Beings
OK, I finally found it online after you mentioned it was issue 138.
Wolverine tries to destroy Galactus' Elemental Converter, while someone else keeps Galactus busy by trying to take over his mind (who of course was instantly unsuccessful and killed lol). So Wolverine accually gets to the converter, and pulls out his claws and tries to cut it, but his worthless bone claws instantly break against it. He sits there in disbelief at his own worthlessness, and finally Galactus notices him, but the Starjammers save him in the nick of time.
It's kind of cool because it forshadows how Wolverine would eventually get his adamantium-fused skeleton back, willingly.

Swanky-Tuna
Greatest. Comic. Ever.

Cosmic_Beings
And the funny thing is that at the beginning of the next issue, he is sitting at a bar drinking.

Nataku8188
Naw, Punisher kills the marvel universe... simply because wolvie dies to punisher... LMAO!

lightaxe
i need to find that comic, people mention it all the time, does punisher kill Hulk and Juggernaut and Captain America and stuff too?

juggernaut74
And people said my aunt may vs Superman poll was a waste of space. This match up is about the same thing.

Swanky-Tuna
Well, if you read the first post, you'd know he was asking about a comic with "Galactus vs Wolverine" on the cover.

juggernaut74
I did read it. I just think that somebody sooner or later will argue about it.

wrathofachilles
Ugh. Please tell me you were kidding. The Punisher Pathetically Cheats the Marvel Universe is literally the worst comic ever to come out of Marvel. I lost 99% of whatever respect I had for Marvel when they published that. It nearly made me throw up.

Yes, he kills Captain America after he gets his ass kicked. He walks up and shoots him, evidently Cap didn't bother to assume Punisher would shoot him!! He also killed Spider-Man the same way, evidently Spider-Man's spider-sense didn't exist at that point. He also killed numerous other characters in ways that could not happen. The writer *I forgot his name* did not know a god damn thing about Marvel. He kills Banner when he realizes he can't Kill Hulk. He doesn't fight Juggernaut, nor Thor, Silver Surfer, or any of the other major league characters.

wrathofachilles
Actually I take that back. Juggernaut is among the entirety of the Marvel mutants when Magneto *who is apparently leading Apocalypse and other mutants....like hell* and the X-Men meet on an asteroid or something to fight. Punisher then blows it up.

Swanky-Tuna
Those who could survive in space must of been cheesed off.

Nataku8188
Dude... the comic wasn't serious to begin with.

wrathofachilles
Yes I know that. That's about as obvious as the sky is blue. Doesn't make it any less pathetic though.

Priest
So, who wins? stoned

Badabing
Originally posted by Priest
So, who wins? stoned We all lose. dur

Closed......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.