Captain America vs. Spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
bawlingGet out your hankie
Now HERE'S a fight to call all fights.
I think that if Spider-man were in his thirties he would win but today hes too young.blowMaybe not... raver

crazyspinz
he is in his thirties now.

and he would totaly own captain america. he could web away his sheild, then punch him once, and that would end cap

Maelstrom
Oh your mamma. If he could win which i think he may be one of the only guys who could beat Cap. then he'd be bouncing away cause cap would cut off his legs first.

Nataku8188
Cap sucks compared to more then 90% of the marvel universe... hes just a super strong soldier with a bad-ass shield and good leadership.

Arsenal
Cap would win

FrothByte
actually, cap would giv spidey a hard time. he is the better fighter, and has had better training, and is a better tactician. but in the end, spidey would win. simply because he's stronger, faster, and more agile.

Evangel94
Spiderman. Easy.

wrathofachilles
As crazy said, Spidey is in his thirties, but why would that matter? Spider-Man would probably avoid the battle for the simple fact that he respects Cap way too much, but if he were forced to fight him, he would ultimately win. Cap is the better fighter in terms of technique, but Spider-Man's strength makes him the better fighter. Cap just doesn't have the power to take out Spidey.

Arsenal
Cap has ripped off the door of a helicopter before. Plus he knocked out Bane with his shield.

wrathofachilles
You're comparing knocking out Bane with taking on Rhino, Venom, hell, even Hulk! Spider-man's strength is far superior to Cap's, simple as that. Lol, you do realize the doors of a helicopter are not that strong. A normal strong-man might be able to do that with the right leverage.

Arsenal
Cap could beat all the villains you just mentioned

ScarletSpider
Actually, he's only in his 20's. It's basically been cemented that since Fantastic Four #1, about 10 years have passed on the sliding timescale. Spider-Man came out after that, say in Marvel times he came about...4-6 months after the FF debuted. He got his powers while still in high school, so I would estimate he's anywhere from 15-17. So since about 10 years have passed since the FF debuted in Marvel Time, it's been around the same for Spidey, thus Parker is 25-27 roughly. Although depending on the writer and the title his age seems relative. In Amazing at the moment he seems much more mature, and more like he's in his mid 30's or so, but in Spectacular they're dropping hints that they're only in their 20's, same with Marvel Knights Spider-Man where he attends a high school reunion "it's just been a few years since we were here" etc. Amazing and Spectacular exist simultaneously, just Strazynski's take on the character is of a much more mature Peter and in deeper moral shit than Spectacular Spidey.

norrin radd
what?? since when. cap is an excelent fighter, but is not spider man leagues, one blow from spidey will putt him to sleep.
how can somebody even think that cap would beat spiderman

norrin radd
yes, he and 90% of marvel

JuggernautFan
this would be a good fight, but spiderman would win.

normally when argueing with cap vs another normal human level character you see the arguement "captain america is used to fighting people above his power level" or something of that nature. but that can be said of spidey also. he is used to taking on super heavy weights and winning occasionally.

captain american is probably the better fighter (although spidey does have his own technique), and better disciplines, but spiderman is more agile *smarter* and funnier in my opinion. he also has the definate strength advantage as well as webbing which could be stronger than cap also

Spiderninja008
I love capn, but spidey takes the cake here, with trouble, but Spidey wins, with little effort. The Spidey senses prtoect him from the shield and Capn's agility, strength is no competition. Ever play Spiderman 2? I have been waiting for this game for ten years.

wrathofachilles
Lol, no way in hell do I buy that only 10 years have passed since the FF debuted. Marvel really need to reassess their timescale if that's the case. It's funny considering that Spider-man was actually said to have been born in 1946/47. I obviously realize they can't age him like that, but I would say Spidey has at least hit 30, maybe just barely, but he is definitely older than 25.

wrathofachilles
Are you stoned? High? Insane? No way can Captain America beat Venom, nor Rhino, and Hulk's not a villain but if you think Cap has the ability to take down Hulk, you are obviously out of your mind.

Havoc470
theres no way the original universe spidey is under 26, although it is a comic and all the characters would look the same (save the costumes) forever

Arsenal
I am stoned high and insane but that isn't the point. cap could knock out rhino and venom with his shield. he couldnt beat hulk by himself but hello hes part of the avengers.

Havoc470
i dont think the avengers count, we're talkin about captain america alone here right?

i really consider rhino to hard-headed to be knocked out by the cap so easily, and i doubt that venom would go down at all against the cap

wrathofachilles
A: no he cannot knock out the Rhino nor Venom with his shield. Venom can dodge almost as easily as Spider-man and he's stronger. Rhino is the Rhino, his hide would be sufficient to stop the shielf.

B: this isn't the Avengers vs. Spider-Man, or Hulk, it's Captain America. Of course the Avengers could take on Hulk, the team includes most of the heroes in the Marvel Universe. Captain America is not capable of taking on Spider-man, Venom, Rhino, etc. He just isn't. That's a fact. He could outsmart Rhino sure, but he's not likely to outsmart Venom and he sure wouldn't against Spidey. Spidey wins. Period.

ScarletSpider
I know what you mean, it seems a lot longer, but whenever time becomes an issue, they say it's been a decade, puting Spidey at around 25. Weird stuff. Beats the hell out of a Crisis on Infinite Earths deal.

Arsenal
Fine, Spidey wins! You happy now I admitted it! Ahhhh

Havoc470
lol

wrathofachilles
Exxxcellent...

wolverine8888
in the secret war wolverien even states that captain is amoung the weakest of the group and he ask why they should fallow him if he is one of the weakest members

wrathofachilles
Because he was the second Marvel hero after Sub-Mariner. A World War II military commander is going to take the lead everytime.

JuggernautFan
well hell....... cap would beat the pants off wolverine so shouldnt he have just shut up instead of questioning someone of authority compared to himself?

JuggernautFan
a: what is a shielf??? LOL

sorry i couldnt help it......

spiderman wins smile

wrathofachilles
Damnit, I missed that. Son of a ***** I hate typos! That's going to bother me all day.

Which is why you pointed it out of course!

Arsenal
watch your blood pressure

Maelstrom
Ya i would put Spiderman at near 25. When you grow into your mid thirties you go through a second change of life like puberty. Your stronger, faster, smarter. Plus you are more sane at that age. That's why you have to be 35 to be president. Spidy would have to be at his peek to take out cap.
I think he might pull it off but i doubt it now.
I give this fight to Captain America raver

wrathofachilles
More sane? Lol, you don't know many 35 year olds...wink

He's not 25, he's at least approaching 30; you've got to figure Norman's grandson is about 6 or 7 and Harry didn't marry Liz until they were out of college, so Peter should be about 28-30.

MatchesMalone
This may sound like a stupid question. Is it true that Captain America can get the crap beat of him by almost every single superhero in the marvel universe?

picoico
The Spider, if he can swallow his respect for Cap.

Cap is one of the weaklings of the MU, but he's one of the best leaders. That shield of his baffles me...is it supposed to absorb the impact of blows or something? Cuz if anything powerful hits it while he has his shield on, it should shatter his arm or hand.

Heh, I remember in one Hulk issue (the one where cap comes for Rick Jones), Hulk came that close to breaking cap in half after cap gave him some kind of Judo-flip.

MatchesMalone
So, Cap is one of the weaklings of the marvel universe. Thanks, I appreciate the info Picoico.

wrathofachilles
He's the weakest of the heroes with enhanced strength. Wolverine, Daredevil, and other street fighters are weaker because they have no enhanced-strength. Cap, however, only has a strength-level of 800 lbs, which is below all the other heroes who have super-strength.

Havoc470
logan deserves almost as much authority as cap does, its just that in secret war they portrayed logan as a complete drunk (like if all the beer actually had an effect on him)and cap is always cap, so he's always the "big man" in a room full of giants (not that theres anything wrong with that lol)

wrathofachilles
Not really. Wolverine is not a good leader. He doesn't follow orders well and he doesn't work well with others, while Captain America does. That's why he'll never be leading the X-Men.

Cosmo Kramer
Cap would block the web and when Spidey went in for a blow he'd get his legs cut, then a quick uppercut sending him flying into a wall.

wrathofachilles
You hate Spider-man obviously. You seem to think Daredevil and Captain America would beat him when virtually everyone has proven you completely wrong. Spider-Man doesn't just use his webs. He is much faster than Cap. Furthermore, Captain America would not cut his legs, he doesn't work that way. And an uppercut from Cap would likely not knock Spidey out.

Cosmo Kramer
but he would be timid when he returned for some more punishment.

Havoc470
you got a good point there, but it doesnt mean logan doesnt deserve enough respect to at least ask the question and just be shoved aside like he wasn't with the cap in WW II

i dont even have a decisive opinion in this fight

wrathofachilles
Maybe he didn't follow Cap's orders in WWII so Cap doesn't want to talk to him anymore, lol.

Cosmo Kramer
Logan is always copping an additude and going on another one of his extremely whiny boring crusades where he eventually meets up with old shadows of the past (sabertooth) and gets his ass kicked.

Havoc470
lol i guess (speaking to wrath here)

he's been treated like crap in secret war so far, i really dont like the way they portrayed wolvie's character, my favorite portrayal of wolvie was in the 90's xmen while he was being drawn by jim lee, and of course the miller/claremont mini-series

and cosmo....sabretooth is a part of his past that isnt even important anymore, seeing as wolvies beaten sabretooth so much that both characters dont even care about eachother anymore

Cosmo Kramer
Sabertooth meet up with him not too long ago and kicked his ass

Havoc470
when was this?

Cosmo Kramer
When Sabertooth had just gotten his new adamantium skeleton.

wrathofachilles
Spider-Man be timid? LOL, again, you know nothing of Spider-Man. He went up against Thanos and wasn't timid in the least.

Havoc470
can you name the comic cosmo, i wanna know if that happened in the sabretooth solo or somewhere else

MERCILOUS
Cap can do twice as many things with his shield then Spidey can do with his webbing (well, not reallly but he uses it twice as good.) His stamina and fighting ability put him over the top on this one.

all4carnage
this would be a great fight . i beleive it would be cap kicking spidermans ass though the whole fight but in the end spiderman would get that famous one hit knockout blow that will send cap to the floor out cold. cap can take spiderman in combat but the speed stenght and web will be to much for cap.......spiderman is the winner! even though he would look like he got hit by a train after fighting cap..

CorderaMitchell
Cap does not use his shield twice as better as spidey and it sure doesn't have more uses.

MERCILOUS
Sure he does, and I corrected myself on the "uses" part.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Spiderninja008
I love capn, but spidey takes the cake here, with trouble, but Spidey wins, with little effort. The Spidey senses prtoect him from the shield and Capn's agility, strength is no competition. Ever play Spiderman 2? I have been waiting for this game for ten years.

Yea it is hard to argue against Spiderhaters, but I read the Spidey vs. DD/Wolvie/Cap before I joined this forum, and you cracked me up so much I had to join, where have you been on that forum?

MERCILOUS
Who are these Spidey haters you're talking about?

jinzin
namely me you and cresh....even though we're not spidey haters......roll eyes (sarcastic) just really decent debators who disagree that spiderman will instantaneously walk over everyone at or below his level because of stats alone....

MERCILOUS
It really is sad, Ghost rider has lower stats than half of the villians in the MU, but he doesn't lose to them. This of course is because he has an advantage that can easily be seen. The advantages so many "street level" characters have real and they are often potent, but because it doesn't have a name or a stat, It's just not "realistic" or "logical."

jinzin
seriously.....oh hey quick trivia....who's faster GR or spidey?

MERCILOUS
I couldn't tell you man. My guess is equal speed.

jinzin
I found it surprising according to the stats ghost rider is actually 12% faster than spiderman and demogoblin....interesting stuff....

long pig
Ghost rider's speed is unearthly, he's faster than Spiderman, by a decent margin.

long pig
Beat me to it, you dirty commie.

MERCILOUS
I wouldn't of guessed.

long pig
That he's a dirty commie?

jinzin
laughing out loud you're only calling me a commie because I believe in sharing....

in a perfect world....we'd all be communists....lol.

long pig
Yeah, I got yer trickle down theory right here! mad

MERCILOUS
You know jinzin, there's no room for ninjas in a commie world.

jinzin
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

MERCILOUS
incidentally there's no room for me either.

jinzin
it's cool you can bunk with me and my ninja clans....

MERCILOUS
Groovy, and don't worry i'll fit in, I do have a tiny bit of ninja training and extensive ninja knowledge. I can throw my hat in the air and drop 5 fanboys and then still catch my hat. Pretty cool huh?

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by jinzin
namely me you and cresh....even though we're not spidey haters......roll eyes (sarcastic) just really decent debators who disagree that spiderman will instantaneously walk over everyone at or below his level because of stats alone....

nah just ones like cosmo cramer an others who only want to seee him lose, and have no good evidence, and don't listen since I have said time and time again that stats have nothing to do with spidey half as much as his resourcefullness, and seem to think wolverine takes everything easily while spidey does not.

jinzin
wolverine has proven to be just as resourceful when needed to be but it doesn't fit his preference of fighting style......logan gets off on pain and tries to provoke any head on confrontations that he can...... much like how venom has spidermans ability of agility but chooses to brawl toe to toe because he likes to more than spidey hop everywhere....

MERCILOUS
Cap I think is as resourceful as both of them put together.

CorderaMitchell
it depends on the situation

MERCILOUS
That's my point exactly. What on earth could "resourceful" mean if not "making the best out of the situation?"

black robb
even though Cap is a resourceful fighter,there is now way in hell he can beat Spidey without some fanboy writer backing him up

CorderaMitchell
thank you, I agree that cap's shield is going to absorb the impact, but a buckler sized shield won't last long against that kind of speed, maybe a tower type shield.

black robb
At least Batman Vs Spiderman is somewhat plausible being that Batman has a bunch of gadgetry,but all Cap has on Spidey is a shield.
At this point in Spidey's career,he has to be a pretty good hand to hand combatant and he has shown over and over he's extremely resourceful

CorderaMitchell
just pray tell me howlong you think you would last against an Alien, with a small indestructible shield? I think you know which ones I am talking about.

ZephroCarnelian
Spidey would take Cap down.

Cap is the more skillful fighter and smarter.

But Spidey is superhumanly fast, strong and agile.

Plus he's got spidey sense, he can climb up walls/ceilings and he fires webbing.

Cap is awesome against human opponents but Spiderman is more than human.

CorderaMitchell
Spidey took out a guy that the ultimates Iron man,Cap,Thor, andWasp with another guy were getting beat by with one swing kick to the head.

ZephroCarnelian
He has lots of power in those eight legs of his.

black wolverine
spiderman wins all cap has is a more skilled fighter spiderman is smarterthan him stronger than him faster and more agility and cap can do kung foo no body cares cap dont really have any powers so i say spiderman

willRules
Hi I'm new here so please be patient with me. I think that spider-man wins because he physically beats cap in every way plus his spider sense would warn him about captain's shield.

CorderaMitchell
thank you some

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by black robb
even though Cap is a resourceful fighter,there is now way in hell he can beat Spidey without some fanboy writer backing him up

That is an opinion, I could just as easily say the same for Cap.

CorderaMitchell
and this is true for wolverine as well, by the way.

MERCILOUS
I don't understand how you agreeing with me strengthens your arguement. You're like that guy in that "Kung Pao" movie "I use my face to your fist technique!"

CorderaMitchell
who what goodnight.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
who what goodnight.

Don't try too hard now.

CorderaMitchell
judy keeping it sexy.

leonidas
well, dd has been shown to be able to get the upperhand on spidey. wolvie has shown to be able to do the same. iron fist gave spidey a GREAT tussle on a couple occasions. punisher does well against him.

i'm shocked that cap doesn't get more love here. i tend ot agree that spidey would take the majority, but i see no reason why cap couldn't get a few wins -- 3-4/10 would be my guess.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Cap sucks compared to more then 90% of the marvel universe... hes just a super strong soldier with a bad-ass shield and good leadership.

And amazing tactical skills, an amazing martial artist...

:P Caps more than Mr.Patriot with a shield.

Caps not gonna go down easy, but Spidey will win the majority. Especially now that Caps begun training Spidey, he'll have martial arts to fall back on if he needs to.

Metalmanx
I agree. Cap won't go down easily. But he will go down the majority of the time, nonetheless.

Spiderman 8/10.

MuffinmanMike
I just realized I quoted Nataku. Ha, if I knewi t was him I'd have been slightly nicer in my response.

I should have realized there was a record level of grammar and proper spelling.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.