Plot spoilers by Josh to date from TFN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Ok nicked these from a thread over there. I thought this way you guys can debate it here. Thanks to Rolando at TFN for the idea.

***There is another Darth ... one we've never heard of before in the Star Wars to my knowledge. How could he tie into the film? If they doesn't appear in person, perhaps the character is part of the backstory? And on a related note, did you know the Journal of the Whills is in Episode III?

-DARTH PLAGUEIS- there are scores of legends about this Sith. But was he was powerful enought to cheat death? Certainly he could at least use the power of the Force to lengthen his life.

-****** of the Whills will also be mentioned, and ******** of the Whills will be mentioned, too.

***One of these is not like the other: Saleucami, Cato Neimoidia, Mygeeto.

-All 3 are planets, but one of them is very different.

-Cato Neimoidia is also described as a Neimoidian colony world. Well done!

-We all know that GL likes to use mytholgy and all that good stuff. I noticed that mygeeto sounds very close to Megiddo. If I'm not mistaken, the second word is a word used in the bible that refers to armageddon. Exactly the observation I was looking for!

-The birth planet of the twins is not on that list.

-All 3 are planets. The events on the planets are what is different. Think montage.

-This montage is in the middle of the film.

-On Cato Neimoidia the bad guys win.

-On Mygeeto the bad guys win

-But at Saleucami, the Jedi win

***Yoda hitches a ride on a dragonfly creature called a Can-cell.

-There is also a toy coming out with Yoda riding the Can-Cell, too, I just learned.

***Odd Ball is a clone pilot that defends Obi-Wan's crippled ship after he is hit by flak.

-There is FLAK in the movie. Obi-Wan flys through it and gets hit.

***Order 66 is the directive Palpatine gives to wipe out the Jedi. The Clones turn at this point.

***Delegation of 2000 is the united Senators and politicians against Palpatine. They are concerned about his powers. This is the start of the Rebellion, before the Empire even takes shape.

***Confirmation: Yoda and Sidious duel

-Impressive enough of a sequence that he did not wish to give any additional details.

-We have "no idea" of the power of the Dark Side.

-You have no idea how bad Sidious is going to get. I didn't think George had it in him. HE DOES.

***Confirmation of Anakin choking Padme?

-I'd bet he chokes her so hard her feet leave the ground.

-In the original cut, Anakin even threw her against the wall. Deleted scene!

***Cin Drallig is played by Nick Gillard and he is a old Jedi lightsaber teacher.

***Suited Vader will not be seen killing off the remaining Jedi.

-Noted that there is still a surprise at the end.

***Dooku gets owned, I can tell you that.

***Mace falls a long way down. Kit Fisto is in this scene as well.

***Nos Monster

Sith Master X
Awesome JP! Thank you.

Well, looks like the Yoda/Sidious duel will take place. I guess Sidious get's pretty evil! Can't wait.

I'm a bit curious about Mace falling??? And the surprise at the end? Hmm...well it was noted somewhere that the final minute of ROTS would make every SW fan's dreams come true. So this really makes me wonder!!!!

PVS
thanks for the info JP big grin

my theory on the surprise ending: vader knows about luke

NoMeN
"Without naming them specifically, are there any scenes so far which are disappointing or not up to snuff?"
"The BARG is a bit odd. "

"When you say, "You have no idea how BAD Sidious gets" do you mean that in terms of his actions....and if so, does that come across in the dialogue too? "
"BOTH."

"Speaking of the dialogue, how is it this time around? I was pleased with the other two prequels in this department....But for those that weren't, will they be "redeemed" this time around? "
"MUCH BETTER. There's a few dumb lines between Anakin and Padme, but other than that ... YEAH."

"Your reaction has been this strong WITHOUT an accompanying score. How much more drama will the music add to these scenes? "
"A+ I hope."

"I've seen that now you rank it just below Empire...which is encouring, given you've not seen a final product yet. That being said, if the final product is that much better, might it surpass ESB in your mind? And also, if you think not, why not? What does ESB have right now that is lacking in Sith....(other than nearly 25 years of reverence behind it..LOL)?"
"I hope so, but that would be very hard. ESB is an icon."

"Will the individual planets be pretty memorable, visually? Star Wars landscapes have always had very distinctive characteristics."
"Yeah, Utapau is memorable ... the landing platform is in the middle of a sinkhole."

"Are the performances in Ep. III amped up? In other words, from what you've seen, are we getting good stuff from the actors....(say by comparison to the previous two)? "
"Yes 100% improved."

"What specific elements might make this PG-13? Anakin's body? The "scare" factor if it's more intense? Name some broad-but-specific reasons.... "
"EVERYTHING. Especially Sidious"

"If you could be so gratious and have the time could you give out a little tid bit for all of us Tarkin fans?
Is his role in the film in any sort of capacity or just a cameo? Does he have any lines, and is he really the mastermind behind the DS like the OT databank suggests? Will this be shown or mentioned in the ROTS?
Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time... JackOFett. "
"At best a cameo. JG"

" Does Yoda really fart in the movie?"
"In the rough cut, he did."

" Dooku gets owned, I can tell you that. JG"

" Can you give me a little hint or clue about Grievous?
Thanks."

"He hunches more than you would think. He is very different from the Clone Wars cartoon. Titi Jukassa is a young Jedi apprentice seen in the raid on the Temple. JG "

" Hey Josh, In The final duel between Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan, are the two blue lightsabers the only ones used throughout the whole thing, or is a third (possibly red) saber thrown into the mix? Twelve minutes seems like an awful long time to go with just two lightsabers."

"Hmmm ... let me just tell you this. Most of the marketing from Frito Lay will be red vs blue. J"

NoMeN
"Hi Josh! Would you please tell me something new about Obi-Wan in RotS, seeing that he is my fav. character?"

"Ewan finally gets to act in this one. There's more emotion in 10 minutes of ROTS than all of the prequels combined."

"sorry to bother you... i was wondering if you knew anything about the role of Boba Fett in Episode 3?
Someone showed me these pictures and i was wondering if they are fake. could you help me? thanks a lot. http://img61.exs.cx/my.php?locimg61&imageDan ielLogan41.jpg
http://img23.exs.cx/img23/9112/DanielLogan31.jpg "
"All fake. Lucas doesn't waste time with this stuff this time.JG"

"i asked 'josh' if anakin is darth vader before the suit. he said yes."

"I PMed Josh asking if Sidious would use a lightsaber and he responed: "Heck Yeah.""

"jedi-killah: :" Whats up Grif! Thanx for the all the info that u have given us. It gives us something to look forward to. I know that u r a busy man, but I thought maybe u can give me a hint on something. The scene where Sidious finally reveals himself fascinates me the most, any hints or tidbits on this scene. Also, any hint on a Jedi Masters death? Thanx dude."

"Mace falls a long way down. Kit Fisto is in this scene as well".

"I'd bet he chokes her so hard her feet leave the ground
In the original cut, Anakin even threw her against the wall. JG"

"Did you mean Anakin threw Padme against the wall while choking her? Or that he threw her against the wall after he was done? "
"Yeah, after. Man, you guys are watching VERY closely. JG"

"JEDI vs. BAD GUYS
On Cato Neimoidia the bad guys win.
On Mygeeto the bad guys win
But at Saleucami, the Jedi win."

And birth planet: Polis Massa"

"I asked him about Utapau."
"it is a sinkhole planet JG"

"Can you tell me anything at all about what causes Sidious's look to change? Even a small clue."
"He gets p**sed at Mace and the confrontation squad" - JG"

"Ok, this has been gnawing at me ever since I started posting at TFN. Will Qui-Gon appear in any form in RotS? I'd be ecstatic with just his voice, and have a heart attack if he comes back as a force ghost.
As a side note, I'm sorry to see you go. Thanks for takin' care of us, you've been great. "
"Nope, and thanks for the kind words. JG"

"So Josh your review on EP3. Can you rank how good you think it will be in relation to the other films? Pretty please with Tapioca on top?"
"Sure.
ESB
ROTS
ANH
AOTC
ROJ
TPM
JG"

"I can tell you that Bene is a teenage Jedi apprentice that is killed in the Temple raid. JG"

" Will a suited Vader cut-down the remaining Jedi?"
"Nope. But there is a surprise at the end."

"Will we feel remorse for Anakin when he meets his "demise" or is he just the bad guy at this point we want to see taken out? In other words, is there ever a spark of uncertainty in Anakin during the duel, that perhaps he made a big mistake? A moment where he might BEGIN see the light?
I always felt that having him almost come back to his senses b4 hitting the lava would make it all the more tragic. Thanks "
"You DEFINITELY see this in the Mace/Sidious deal. AWESOME. By the lava, he's pretty much gone.JG"

"First, I know in one of the threads you mentioned that you are now working on your review of ROTS to post on the site. Can you tell me when exactly we can look to see that up?
Also, a quick spoiler question for ya. I won't post it in the forum if you don't want me to. Its a given fact that in this movie, it will finally be revealed who Palpatine really is and what he has really been up to the whole time etc. My question is, in this big "reveal" scene, is it Sidious that takes off his hood to reveal he is really Palpatine, or is it Palpatine who somehow reveals he is sidious? Also when he fights, does he fight in his Chancellor clothes or his sith robes as Sidious?"
"1/1. And Sidious=Palpatine will be cemented once and for all ... by Yoda of all people."

"AH, thanks for the info. So, are you saying that he reveals who he really is during the yoda duel? or are you saying that Yoda figures it out earlier in the film? I thought Pablo said in one of his hyperspace chats that we would see Sidious without his hood on. Is there still a scene were Sidious reveals who he really is to Mace or whoever? How does it play out, if you don't mind. "
"The answer is yes. JG"

"Are there any sequences (you mentioned Yoda vs. Sidious) that we'll want to refrain from knowing about before we see ROTS?"
"Yoda vs Sidious is this. There's several more, actually. I was BLOWN AWAY when I saw the parts of the film that these rumors have been circulating for a while. They got it SO right."

"Obi-Wan gets knocked out on the TF ship and later luckily beats Grievous with a blaster?"
"Yup."

"If Anakin is wiping the floor with everybody and then suddenly Obi-Wan is lasting against him, how will that be believable?"
"It is. Obi-Wan is passionate about stopping Anakin once he realizes he can't be turned. Perhaps Anakin is weak or distracted, too."

"Is Obi-Wan going to be seen as powerful enough to last around 12 minutes against Anakin?"
"Actually THE DUEL is a misleading term. Maybe it should be THE DUELS."

"Although obviously you haven't seen the absolutely finished 100% ROTS, with what you've seen and heard right now, where would you rank ROTS in the Saga?"
"#2 behind Empire, and it is darker and moodier than ESB."

"How cool is Grievous going to be? Can LFL actually pull off a CG villain? Is the Obi-Wan & Grievous duel going to kick butt?"
"It will. This is being finished REALLY LATE in the vfx cycle, so we'll see. JG"

NoMeN
this should be sticked

DARK ASSASSIN
I really think that this movie is going to differ alot with the others, which is good considering how ESB was so much different than ANH and ESB is my absolute favorite. there seems to be alot of biblical ref. too.
ORDER 66=666=sign of the devil=armeggedon. Lucas is going matrix style on this one. Nick Gillard playing a jedi? i hope he does well....maybe we'll get to see him kick alot of ass! The yoda/sidious fight will be stunning in display, i can't believe how action packed this movie's going to be! I bet this one's going to be the longest of all six

Sith Master X
I agree, I think this movie will differ from all the others as well. It will much darker, and alot more violent then the previous films.

I think ROTS will make TPM look like an entire different series. lol

DARK ASSASSIN
yeah its gonna turn real gritty and the storyline might be a little more simple as well, because it has to wrap up everything

DARK ASSASSIN
wouldn't it be cool if this movie turned out to be so great, that it won an oscar for best picture like the return of the king did? i think that having a star wars film winning an academy award would be the coolest thing in history

PVS
i think its a reference of "get your kicks on rought 66" stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
thats spelled Route 66. stick out tongue

Can't help myself it's the teacher in me!

PVS
hehehe i cant resist rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/SPELLINGNAZI.gif

stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue
oh boy am i gonna get it laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
well crack a book now and then ya dork! hysterical

PVS
a book? does penthouse count? laughing out loud

i only read the articles wink

darktim1
Sounds like it is going to be an awesome ride with all the action can't wait to see the film especially yoda and sidious.

Sith Master X
Yeah, Yoda Vs. Sidious is what I am anticipating the most in Episode 3.

Anakin2Vader
Thanks For All the INFO guys
just some things that caught me...
"Hmmm ... let me just tell you this. Most of the marketing from Frito Lay will be red vs blue. J"
---if this is right then some of us are gonna be red faced

" Does Yoda really fart in the movie?"
"In the rough cut, he did."
---guess we'll never know but alot of people would have been wrong on that too

And birth planet: Polis Massa
---should be interesting

"Can you tell me anything at all about what causes Sidious's look to change? Even a small clue."
"He gets p**sed at Mace and the confrontation squad" - JG"
---we have seen sidious's stunt double in the fight scene looking like palpatine... but I guess they add his face CGI later so could see change

"Actually THE DUEL is a misleading term. Maybe it should be THE DUELS"
---well we know it what take place in many different places but i dont think you can call it "duels" in a SW sense unless there is something that they will get into at some point to break from the duels... not just another scene cut in or something

Mist
i hereby wet my pants!

jedijunky1138
I think that the CAN-CELL that yoda rides is goiung to be a creature on Kashyyk. What do you guys think?

Mist
Oh MY GOD! SERIOUSLY I WET MY PANTS!

aussiefan
When you say the bad guys won is that the clones when they turn on the Jedi or droids/separtrists?

and will there be more scenes of this three planets and Felucia other than the montage?

guiro72
yes jedi junky, i the dragon fly thing is on kashyyk....personally i always thought the duel would start out blue on blue, and then at some point anakin would change to a red sabre.....looks like this might be the case....still glad i resisted debating the matter for 6 weeks....trailer next friday, oh yeah!!!!......

thanks for all the info guys, best spoiler marathon i've seen in months....might have to start dropping in at tfn every once in a while again *crosses self*......

Gangularis
all he's seen is the rough cut. which suggests he does not know if they'll have it for the final cut.

and god i hope not....

Boris
This stinks, otherwise these spoilers are pretty cool, thanks for slapping them all together jp smile

IRON EDDIE 666
Now i have respect for josh telling all of this, and i know he has been right in the past but... well, is it just me or does too much of that sound super shadow-ish? I dont know, but that part about yoda farting is the kind of bull that arse hole would try and get us to believe!

Spiderdrew8
I heard from a secret source that the movie will be two hours, 53 minutes long.

Spiderdrew8
Here's a thought............

I think during the duel(s), Anakin will become so angry that his blue saber will turn red.

NoFate007
I really hope not. I don't like the idea that the blade changes color if you're evil. I think it would be cool if he used red at first, it got damaged and then he uses Luke's blue.

darktim1
I don't think that could happen NoFate007 he would have to change the crystal that they use to power the lightsabers but I know he uses more strength with red one he seems to like it alot.

Spectr4L
Haha laughing out loud

I sure hope that was SARCASM.

darthcraka
lol that is to cartoon ish

Jedi Priestess
the scuttlebutt at MF is that Josh is going to spill a bunch of spoilers on Nov1st at TFN. eek! heres hoping!

Jedi Priestess
Latest from Mr. Griffin

The hovering droid comes out of the medical center to greet the two anxious Jedi. If he could give any expression from his teal eyes, it would be one of sadness. His multiple arms try to convey the message of despair to the two remaining Jedi in the galaxy. In the background, we see Padme lying face up on a floating, white, oval-shaped bed. She is dead, covered to her chest in a white sheet and wearing a light blue top.

Blue aliens with large hands tend to her expressionless body and to the nearby medical computers - but nothing it seems can be done. Yoda sighs quietly as the droid begins to speak. "I'm sorry, we were unable to save her. We were, however, able to save ... the children."

JG

Stunrun
i believe we see Cin Dralig - played by Nick Gillard, getting stabbed in the back on the ROTS video game trailerwink

Jedi Priestess
WOW no one has a comment about Padmes death?

bilbofett
Uh yeah, I'm gonna comment on it!
First impression: OMG how sad!!!!!
Second Impression: Hang on, whats with the droid narrative? sounds more like a scene as described in a book than shown in a movie....

maybe JG has seen the manuscript for the ROTS novel?

Darth Subjekt
GOOD!!!!! Im glad shes dead. If she was more form in her initial reaction to tell Ani to f off, maybe some could be avoided. Well, more that she waited til she thought she was gonna die to tell him she loved him....i think she just said that, and after they lived, she was just kinda..."stuck" with him.

bilbofett
Wow, Subjekt, dont sugar coat it! Tell me how you REALLY feel!!!

BTW, you are completely wrong!!!!

Sith Master X
lol

Darth Subjekt
eh, you know me....... big grin

GCG
Mr. Griffin ?

who is this guy ?

Stunrun
The guy who owned or was the editor of TFN, im not quite sure

Jedi Priestess
another one posted from Josh today. This would be VERY COOL if it's true. yes

((have I ever mentioned that Anakin cuts off Dooku's hands, then helpless and hunched over, Anakin scissors off his head with a red and a blue saber? Pretty cool stuff, didn't know if that has been posted yet or not))

JG

NoFate007
Finally Lucas puts a suitable death blow in the series!

GCG
well i tought it was known that anakin will be seen using 2 sabres and that one of them would have been red.

so anakin will cut his head off a la' Maximus style huh ? cool !

darktim1
I think it is going to be a awesome scene seeing anakin finish off dooku in episode3 after all dooku took arm from he is just returning the favor even though they are fighting to the death.

Jedi Priestess
Makes you wonder if this scene does indeed come to pass how Lucas is going to manage to score a PG rating.

Darth Subjekt
i thought it had been confirmed that it was in fact going to be PG-13?

GCG
see if he says anything on these:

Pieces of Darth Vader's armor will be seen on several different characters. It will all come together to make the final Vader armor - C2

Jedi Priestess
no confirmation on that yet. And GCG you need to go scour TFN for that info.

Darth Subjekt
hmm...i could have sworn that i saw on IBMN or whatever that hell it is...im prolly way off.....that it said that it would get a PG-13 due to the violence and child birth...oh well, i guess we'll see...is there a way you can ask Josh JP?

Boris
Starwars gladiator style big grin

Jedi Priestess
Not sure if he'd reply, as he's rarely at TFN these days. Just pops in and drombs a spoiler bomb here and there. But I am sure it hasnt been rated yet.

§pearhead
Refresh my memory; did the trailer have a rating thing yet? Even a "Not yet rated"...rating?

Jedi Priestess
Nope not a thing, dont believe me? How often do I pass on bogus information I ask you?

Cowboyography
Here is the surprise:

Vader names luke!!!!

Darth Surgent
Spearhead has this thread in his sig, with a caption reading: "Stupid things people say"

blink laughing blink

jango fatt
Spoiler:The hovering droid comes out of the medical center to greet the two anxious Jedi. If he could give any expression from his teal eyes, it would be one of sadness. His multiple arms try to convey the message of despair to the two remaining Jedi in the galaxy. In the background, we see Padme lying face up on a floating, white, oval-shaped bed. She is dead, covered to her chest in a white sheet and wearing a light blue top. Blue aliens with large hands tend to her expressionless body and to the nearby medical computers - but nothing it seems can be done. Yoda sighs quietly as the droid begins to speak. "I'm sorry, we were unable to save her. We were, however, able to save ... the children."

eXSBass
Nice SPECULATION...not spoiler.

Good try though. I like the idea.

jango fatt
thanks.I actually got it from TFN.

eXSBass
TFN, SS and amongst other things are looked down upon here. They're bull sh!t that's why.

I suggest you not visit TFN again.
You will go home and rethink your life.

jango fatt
I got it from another site, that got it from TFN.

Ushgarak
TFN is not looked down upon as such- because it has never blatantly falsified info as sites like SS has (though it did once have a habit of re-dating its news to make it look like it got something first when it did not)- but even TFN itself says that it cannot guarantee the reliability of many of its sources Still, thanks.

Darth Subjekt
point being?

Jedi Priestess
I posted this info 2 days ago here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2770949#post2770949

Sith Master X
SS is looked down upon, but definitely not TFN!

TFN has proven time and time again to be a reliable source.

jango fatt
Sorry, JP.

JohnHvill
I wonder if they will at some point visit the Degobah System in this picture with the birth of the twins. In Empire Strikes Back, Luke says, "I don't know, there's something familiar about this place."

Maybe at least Luke will do some time out there with Yoda prior to Tatooine.

Jedi Priestess
eh no biggie we are merged now. smile

§pearhead
it's a link to one specific post wink

§pearhead
sorry if you took offense to that, I wasn't trying to play anything...I'm not that subtle no

Jedi Priestess
No I knew you were playn Spearbabe, as was I. wink

Jedi Priestess
this one is cool....Mace is addressing Anakin, one would assume that Anakin is pleading Palpatine's case.

Mace: "You can explain the difference after he's dead."

JG

Jedi Priestess
and another one regarding Yoda & Qui-Gon

Yoda feels that he is responsible for the failure in the fall of the Jedi. He talks to the force, who talks back to him in the voice of ... Qui-Gon Jinn. It had been speaking to him these past thirteen years, answering his questions about life, and more importantly, eternal life.

"Do not blame yourself, my old friend."

JG

and

The next trailer isn't until January 2005. I think the news will break tomorrow.

JG

NoMeN
omg!

Sith Master X
Cool.

waynerobsonuk
If these turn out to be true then ther's some damn interstiung dialog going on.

wayne...

.:Space Opera:.
i told you....

Darth Subjekt
I think that is just through the force. Ya know how Yoda says, "through th force, different things you will see, the future, the past, the history of things to come." I think Luke just "felt" the fimiliarity of Degebah, ya know? Like how he is the last stong force user, besides Yoda and OB1, i think Luke felt Yoda watching him, almost as if Yoda was the reason why Luke always wanted "away" form the farm. (A long time, I have watched this one--something like that) But thats just how i see it.

Mist
nice sig nomen smile

NoFate007
Obi-Wan, Yoda, and the twins are on the same ship as Bail Organa and they drop off Yoda to Dagobah. If you want to stretch it, Luke remembers it because of that trip.

Mist
i thought there was going to be no reference to dagobah in ep3?

bilbofett
I still think this is from a leaked version of the novel. i think its true, but from the book, not the movie. Just my opinion

Sith Master X
I hope it's in the movie! That is an excellent piece of dialogue. I can't wait for all those anit-lucas fans who have said he's lost his touch to whitness Episode 3.

bilbofett
I'm not saying that its NOT in the movie, I just think he's lifting the lines directly from the novel.

Sith Master X
Yeah I know. wink

Jedi Priestess
more from Mr. Griffen

**"About halfway through the film we see the heroes really and truly revealed. That is, if you don't count the rest of the Jedi who gave of their lives up to this point.

The heores: Yoda, in his quest to rid the universe of Palpidious once and for all, and Obi-Wan in his veritable quest to turn Anakin back from the Dark Side.

Both fail utterly."

In Response to Art of Revenge #14 Signal Difficulties:

"That looks very close to the finished shot. Obi-Wan finds the footage he is looking for - when he and Yoda play it back a few moments later, they see Anakin bowing to Palpatine."

In Response to Knoll Vision #26: Jedi Temple Hallway

"What's cool is we see this temple hallway once with Obi-Wan and Anakin walking together early in the film - and another time later in the film littered with bodies of clones and Jedi as Yoda and Obi-Wan walk through."

sick.

Jedi Priestess
Ok May can NOT get here soon enough.....cant wait to see Obi-Wan and Yoda's reaction to Anakin bowing to Palpatine.

"Ok May can NOT get here soon enough....."

....let alone March messed

Sith Master X
It's hard waiting isn't it? Believe me, I know the feeling. We all do.

ehhh....i want it...

Jedi Priestess
a couple of new ones

There is a scene where the hooded Palpidious declares himself Emperor of the newly-created Empire. My how different the good chancellor looks now.

JG

In one of the early animatics for the crash landing on Corusant, they had Anakin piloting the crippled ship through a heavily populated area. It even clipped large buildings as it crashed. This scene was changed later in production to have him land on some sort of runway or unused stretch of highway.

The crash is still amazing though, think of that shot of the trailer with the fire ships but the huge craft slamming into the ground. Same angle and everything.

JG

bilbofett
Wonder why they changed the original animatic... sounded cooler with the buildings being clipped

forumcrew

jedijunky1138
Wow! Great find!

Darth_Decimator
omg that will kick ass !!!!!!!!!!!!
good stuff

waynerobsonuk
You know while reading this I had a little thought the other day and thought I would share it to see if anyone thinks it makes sense. We know that palps declares all jedi's traitors ok? So how is he going to do this to convince everyone? One way that would be good was if he basically 'did a Nixon' and everything that hapens in his office or chambers happens to be recorded.
Then he says the line above, a little bit of editing and bosh! Everyone thinks the jedi's are violent traitors when the recording is shown to the senate or whatever.
This of course would mean that in some way he'd set the situation up somehow. It seems very out of character in the scene to say this line to me. Unless someone else says the line.. laughing out loud
What do you think? make any sense?

Wayne...

mossman
The camera thing seems corny, but the more you think about it, it makes sense in some ways.
If Palpatine presents footage from events in his office to the Senate, then the Jedi are going to wonder what else was captured on that camera.
They may not find the footage they are after, but don't other spoilers point to Yoda and Obi stumbling across footage of Anakin kneeling before his new Master?

The other possibility is that the duel against Mace is the moment where Palpatine's look is permanently changed.
Why would this disfigurement not come as a shock to Palpatine too - he is just a human being, after all?
As the corruption of the dark side ravages his body, he literally does crumble, albeit momentarily, just as Anakin enters the room.
For a second he does fear for what is happening to him.

Might be faking it, might not, both could work, IMO.

Jedi Priestess
I posted 4, 5 & 6 last week. Good finds on 1, 2 & 3. smile

Mist
so does this mean mace is the one who f*cks sidiouss face up? cool. cant wait to see his lightning if its as bad as post 1 says.

Mist
how can he fall to windu but not to yoda? doesnt really make sense, unless hes pretending to be weaker than he really is against windu.

tpaquin
I don't have any reason to believe those. They'd be preety cool, though.

Mist
it makes sidious sound weak. as if one of the strongest sith lords would ever admit defeat and surrender.

Darth Surgent
He's just pretending. He wants to turn Anakin. He's acting!

Mist
love your sig surgent laughing out loud

NoFate007
He doesn't admit defeat, he's just saying that. If he admitted defeat, he would've lost and the OT wouldn't be there.

Mortanius
This makes sense.

Sith Master X
So, there's going to be a storm over Coruscant going on during the Mace Vs. Sidious duel?

Mist
i hope they dont intercut the fight with scenes of the storm. that would suck and ruin a supreme fight scene.

Mist
Hey Josh, In The final duel between Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan, are the two blue lightsabers the only ones used throughout the whole thing, or is a third (possibly red) saber thrown into the mix? Twelve minutes seems like an awful long time to go with just two lightsabers.

Does Anakin/Vader use a Red Lightsaber at anytime during RotS?

"Yes."

Will we see Yoda use his lightsaber any time beside the fight with Sidious?

"Heck, yes. Yoda even cuts someone's head off!"

Can you give any little nugget of information on the disappearing Jedi/Jedi spirit issue?

Totally explained in Episode III. Palpatine tells the whole story about Darth Plagueis during the ballet scene."

i know these are old, but so far i havent seen them on kmc. also, there damn sweeeeeeeeeeet! seriously, you would have to try hard to not like ep3!

Mist
i wonder whose head yoda cuts off....

Sith Master X
Very cool!

Mist
yeah, well now lucas can please everyone with the duel being blue vs blue AND blue vs red.

Jedi Priestess
This could very easily be when Anakin takes Dookus saber away from him and uses that along with his own to decapitate Dooku.

BAILY
Josh said that the promo pics on the Frito Lays chip bags depict Red vs. Blue for the duel. So Ani must use two different sabers, during different parts of the duel. I am sure he said this, can anyone find this anywhere?

Xam
Wow i just spent quite a while reading all the posts...and i gotta say...WOW!!!i cant wait to see mace vs. sidious!!

Jedi Priestess
I didnt know he said that for the duel specifically? I'd like to see that quote as well.

mossman
Q: "Hey Josh, In The final duel between Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan, are the two blue lightsabers the only ones used throughout the whole thing, or is a third (possibly red) saber thrown into the mix? Twelve minutes seems like an awful long time to go with just two lightsabers."

A: "Hmmm ... let me just tell you this. Most of the marketing from Frito Lay will be red vs blue." JG

Was he implying red vs blue in the duel? - I don't think so.
We have already seen plenty of marketing featuring suited Vader with a red saber. I think this is the kind of thing JG was refering to (a montage of Obi and Vader images from different points in the film), and he did also say: "Suited Vader will not be seen killing off the remaining Jedi", noting that there is still a surprise at the end.

Anakin2Vader
I do... I think its very clear that he is talking about the final duel between anakin and obi wan, being that was the question he was asked.

mossman
S'pose you could look at it that way...

Mist
at the end of the movie, are we to assume that obiwan and yoda are the only two remaining jedi? so, would that comment lean into perhaps vader having a final face off against obiwan? like just a quick one minute duel where vader absoultely smacks obiwan to show us the power change from anakin to vader?

or maybe lucas wouldnt go that far.

mossman
"Not all the Jedi will be wiped out by the end of Ep3. Given that there are hundreds of Jedi, and we've not seen them all, it can't all happen within the span of a two-hour movie. There's almost two decades between III and IV where the bulk of this happens, so you won't see hundreds of Jedi get wiped out. But you do see the start of these events in a big way, and understand how it came to pass." - Pablo Hidalgo

Jedi Priestess
the latest

Doesn't Mace lose a hand with his lightsaber still in it? Hmmm ... I've got to dig up who told me that.

JG

Let's just say that Mace is literally blindsided by Anakin's Dark Side. Yoda senses the Clones turning and has to think quickly to escape.

JG

PVS
i really hope we get to see a scene where yoda dupes the clones by acting like a feebleminded troll like he did in esb. now THAT would be appropriate, and much needed comic relief (sans flatulents of coarse)

Jedi Priestess
I hope we have no comic relief myself...I'm hoping for a very dark movie. evil face

maybe a small amount of dry humor would be good for rots.

Bicnarok

Xam
does this meen we will see anakin and obi1 eatin lays chips??? stick out tongue stick out tongue

chchchhhhhhh, youre funny!

bilbofett
Yeah, while they drink a Pepsi...LOL!!! The thought is just too funny stick out tongue

BTW, nice find JP on the latest from JG.

she nevers ceases to amaze

mossman

he's lost his connection to the spoilers and now is turning into supershadow.

smoker4
Hey Bicnarok! Is that Slaine the horned god by bisley?? Cool!

NoFate007
So he can save Padme?...Save Padme from what?

mossman
Death.
Suffering the same fate as Shmi.

In AOTC Ani was troubled because he was having nightmares about his mother.
In ROTS his latest "attachment" is the subject of his portenteous nocturnal visions.
See: Sleepless Knight BTH, Dark Awakening Heritage Card...

Ha ha ha!
Ironic that he ends up killing her himself!

.....maybe....

i love your sig moss, i laugh every time i see it.

NoFate007
Death from what though? And how could keeping Palpatine alive be the factor to save Padme from it? And if Anakin wanted to kill Palpatine but was only keeping him alive to save Padme...he wouldn't kill her at the end, and wouldn't join Sidious after Padme is dead. Maybe I'm really missing something here, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

Jedi Priestess
What facade? I really don't understand what people's big gripe is with Josh. Perhaps you'd prefer he told us nothing? He's given us alot of very good spoilers and I find it rather hypocritical to post one of his spoilers and turn around and make a disparaging comment about him in the same post. blink

darktim1
All I know is GL said in star wars insider 79 all fighting at beginning it is gushy in middle and even more fighting at the end so it should be dark film like JP said.

BAILY
Got a new one from Josh.

"This is your chance!" But Palpatine wasn't afraid. Mace could feel it - it seemed as though he wasn't worried at all.

AND he also confirms the Death Star is in the movie, if that means anything to anyone. I thought we already knew it was in the movie???

mossman
Sorry, JP - bad choice of words on my part.

I simply meant that for the first time he said "I think" which probably means nothing, I know.
But it kind of suggests he is not 100% sure on this one.
His personal pool of spoiler info may have dried up.
He may have given us all he personally knows.

What I was getting at was that JG, Ternian and Spoileriffic seem to be pooling resources at the moment, suggesting none of them knows the whole story.
I was just commenting that they actually seem to be getting their info in dribs and drabs then passing it on to us as a team now - I wasn't knocking JG at all, just suggesting this may be something he isn't sure on yet.

FWIW - I accept everything those three have said so far as fact.

Latest developments at MF.COM imply they have finally gathered together everything they know so far and are happy to pass it on to us.

They're doing great work - respect!

Apologies if I gave the wrong impression.
big grin

Jedi Priestess
I think there are certain people that somehow or other have an "in" with someone at LFL. DOnt know what it is, but I am glad they choose to share what little bits and pieces that they do.

mossman
Same here.

Like I said, apologies for what I implied - I just felt it was unusual that JG stated something as if it was opinion rather than fact.
Probably just a figue of speech...
old data...
pay it no mind...

Jedi Priestess
Hun you had me at bad choice of words on my part..... wink

Darth_Decimator
hey guys i was just over at tfn and theyve updated theyre just the fact section , theres nothing mindblowing in there but there are a few things that i was unaware of such as ...

In Episode III, we'll see R2-D2 get into a scrap with meaner, tougher robots. This scene spotlights the more versatile digital model of Artoo. - OS

"Artoo is an action hero in this one. He's Arnold Schwarzenegger this time. He's really tough and beats up a few battle droids. And, he saves the heroes again many times." - GL

Animation of General Grievous and Obi-Wan Kenobi engaged in a bare-knuckle brawl is being developed and approved. - OS

Rob's guess to when we should see the first images of Grievous in action would be the trailer. - RC

if i find anything cool i'll let you all know
cheers

LandoSpeeder
Interesting. The R2 thing sounds somewhat retarded but It will be good I guess when I see it.

Spectr4L
I can hardly wait to see Grievous in action.

Thx for the spoils. smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>