Luca$

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snuckleman
I've been reading through these forums and came across this tons of times. Why does everyone always complain about Lucas only wanting money and complain about his so called schemes to make tons of money? I just don't see it, as far as the movies go. If he was so money crazy why would he keep making movies that "everyone" hates? Merchandising I agree, it's all about money, do we really need jar jar plastic heads full of candy, no, but it's a way to fund his movies and ILM. Lucas isn't some bling bling moron you see on cribs with giant houses they never touch with gold plated everything, all his money goes back into his movies and his companies, so what's to complain about. I don't get it. If he was making movies you liked nobody would be saying a thing about money. I'm more pissed at actors who demand $20million per movie.

PVS
yeah huh? huh

JKozzy
What was that, there or four sentences? no expression

Anakin2Vader
FOX or whoever produces the movies pays for them so the circle isnt complete on this one... money flows in to GL... now I gotta get back to my glass of Skywalker wine from one of his lovely vineyards

Jedi Priestess
Well if you've seen this discussed in several threads why not post your opinion in one of those instead of opening yet another one on the same subject?

Sith Master X
Yep. Seems like all we get lately are pointless threads.

Jedi Priestess
friggen A......I suggested in the N&Q forum that Raz set a certain amount of kmc membership time before people can open new threads to cut down on this stuff. Doubt it will happen but doesnt hurt to ask.

Sith Master X
It was definitely worth a try! yes

snuckleman
Now I remember why I don't come to forums ever, pointless jerky comments, and grammer nazis.

Sith Master X
That's not the case pal, it's just lately these forums have been flooded with nonsense.

I'm not coming down on you, I'm just saying that's been the case lately.

snuckleman
Cut down on what stuff? All I did was make a comment. I didn't post it in the topics I saw the comments in cause I was just reading through a buch of stuff and those comment stuck with me, that's all, and I really couldn' remember everyone I read them in anyway. All these topics are new to me, I hardly ever come hear and I just wanted to comment on what I was reading. And I thought I'd put it here cause most people would come to the ep3 forum. Sorry if I affended you guys, shit. Was all my grammer corect enough for you this time?

Sith Master X
Snuckle, you're taking this the wrong way. I'm not trying to insult you, but that's the problem. You said it yourself, that you don't come here often, and people who don't come here often tend to open up threads that have already been opened up or a topic that has already been discussed. No big deal man, it has just been like this more than usual lately.

snuckleman
Not insulting? Is calling my comments pointless supposed to bea compliment then? There was no topic specifically on this anyway.
whatever.

Sith Master X
Alright, Ush will clean this mess up soon enough as this thread is going nowhere.

peluffo
What is worst? Pointless Topic creation, or pointless offtopic discussions about newbies and his threads?

There's no difference. Both are the worst of this forum. :roll:

snuckleman
All I wanted to do was post a comment and maybe get some feedback and maybe start a nice conversation, instead of all this "what's you're favorite padme hair-do" crap.
Jeez, if you guys get pissed at this, I feel the need to do something really bad so I can at least be hated for something real.

PVS
and what is worse than that? someone who posts an off-topic complaint about complaints on a pointless newbie thread... laughing out loud

but now im posting a complaint about a complaint about posting complaints on a pointless newbie thread...oh im dizzy now laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

Sith Master X
I don't remember using the word "newbie" once on this thread...

jedijunky1138
THIS IS THE SONG THAT NEVER ENDS, IT JUST GOES ON AND ON MY FRIENDS. SOMBODY STARTED SINGING IT NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS AND THEY'LL CONTINUE SINGING IT FOR EVER JUST BECAUSE THIS IS THE SONG THAT NEVER ENDS IT JUST GOES ON AND ON..........AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! My head hurts now!

Jedi Priestess
It should be noted that the person that opened this thread is now restricted while those of us that complained about such opening are not. Seems to me we were right.

Sith Master X
Bingo.

darthcraka
lucas pays for his movies watch the documentary he started paying for them with empire strikes back couse he didn't whant to pay be dependent on corporations

El Toro
^^ and for the obvious fact he'd get a fair percentage of the box-office moolah.

Count Doodoo
You mean grammar nazis. big grin

guiro72
lucas funds star wars, not fox....still say hyperspace is more a clever way to control the spoiler flow and build hype than it is a money making excersize....just don't buy the plastic jar jar money boxes....and lucas has only reissued star wars 3 or 4 times since they were released 25 years ago (original theatrical, special edition & dvd).....peter jackson is talking about the third release of the lord of the rings soon, and the last of those only came out last year.....

Anakin2Vader
Yeah that was a different time when he got funding elsewhere then just got distributed by a major company, im familiar with the story... but if you think that George Lucas came out of pocket 200 million dollars for Ep 1 and 2 your crazy... someone puts up that money and sure its not an individual

cornponious
Pointless jerky comments? You mean, like yours?

And by the way, there sould be a "colon" after the word "ever", not a comma. You could possibly get by without the comma after "comments" as well. And don't forget that grammar is spelled with an "a", not an "e".

Heil!

corn

PVS
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing out loud

now get lost you imposter before i tell the real corn what you've been up to!!!!!

jedijunky1138
That guy looks just like CORN!!! Thats scary

Jedi Priestess
hysterical oh Corn you kill me

Sith Master X
laughing @ corn

cornponious
I'll report your kind words to my master, the mighty Cornponious (the most holy Kụntriồụs Kồkiồụs Mẩximụs).

Ushgarak
Sigh... ok, closing, as this thread is ruined.

BUT. I am not happy with the 'dumb newbie' backchat we are getting in here. It is an unpleasant trend. If you have a problem with a thread, report it; don;t keep singing that tired old song in here, constantly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.