Kingdom Hospital Thread!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cowboyography
I caught this two hour season premier this week and although not blown away by it i was rather interested to see where in was going. A hospital built on the remains of a lumber mill that suffered a tragic fire sounded like a decent horror movie to me. Andrew McCarthy is a great actor in my opinion (weekend at Bernies/Brat PAck Stuff) but horror is definatley not for him. The scene where the apparently main character relives a actual steven king incident, Where he is joggong and just gets smoked by an oncoming van was done very realistic for network TV. Did anyone catch this?? what do you think?

JamalMagloire
I just watched the third episode of the season last night and am totally hooked. What the heck was that when the guy ripped out his chest tub and started singing? I was dying luaghing. I really like this show. What do people think of it?

AcidArgyle
You all should see the original! My girlfriend and I started watching the Kingdom (the new version) also but were disapointed.. It might be good but we just couldn't get into it... That is due to the fact that the original is so creepy and incredible we just couldnt watch the remake.. it wasn't nearly as creepy as the original... Please anyone who reads this.. go see the original Kingdom, or "Riget" as it's called in the Dutch language it was shot in.... you can find copies for sale at some site on the net.. usually japanese imports.. Riget I and Riget II its in two parts... 7 episodes total i believe... it just couldnt get any better.. it was so great... i need to buy it, i had borrowed it from a friend originally... if you saw the original you may have a hard time getting into King's version....

.a.a

Tex
Nah, that show is hella unscary!

Ever since SK got run-over his stuff has really been eating it!

Did anyone see that torturous TV mini-series Rose Red? puke

You guys should enjoy the show for as long as you can, the ratings have been dropping off substantially each week.

It's days are numbered! death

stick out tongue

JamalMagloire
Did anyone watch last night's episode? I am thinking that the show is about to blow up, in a good way. I can't wait to see what happens when we get to the climax. It oughtta be interesting.

BackFire
moved to tv forum

rinaldoz
The Original by Lars von Trier was GREAT!!! I won't be seeing this one for quite some time, because i live in the Netherlands. Just one question. Is this one also filmed with a shaky Camera? Because that gave the original such a realistic feeling. And can anyone who have seen the original point out any dramatic changes, or does it follow the original storyline word for word?

JessieSparrow
Kingdom Hospital is my favorite show well next to 21 Jump Street but still...I know almost everything about it I even know the theme song cause its just an awesome song, the storyline was originally (sp) by Lars Von Trier and it was a movie. Stephen King got the idea while filming "The Shining" when he rented the original. Then when he was hit by a van similar to what happens in Kingdom and while he was in the hospital he wrote a 15 hour screen play based on the original movie. Stuff happened and now its a show a very awesome show.

Punker69
wow, he was hit by a van?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.