Silver Surfer (current version) at full power Vs Thanos/Thor(current Version)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Light
Silver Surfer at maximum power full potential using everything he has with no remorse no pitty no feelings against Thor(current version).

Same thing except against Thanos

what do you think would happen?

Evangel94
Thor kills surfer.

Thanos kills surfer.

Arachnoidfreak
Thanos doesn't **** around. If he sees that SS is really putting everything he's got into it, he would try to dispose of him right away. For Thanos, this means blowing up Surfer and the planet he's standing on.

I don't know much more than basics about Thor. so screw that.

Light
SS fully maxed in his current state could beat both of them

Evangel94
Nope, both Lord Thor and Thanos are way above surfer in terms of power and skill. Berserk Surfer makes no difference.

crazyspinz
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thanos is like on par with galactus, (well.....) but anyway he beats the siht out of sufer like 2wice a week, and surfer does nothing.

but surfer does beat thor. and we shall not dicuss it here, remember a while back there where like 30 threads about it so i made a 2 week poll and surfer won

crazyspinz
lord/king thor would beat surfer, but not normal thor

Evangel94
Threads you make in a forum vs Actual Comic Continuity

Surfer has never beaten thor without outside help from another.

Light
I think SS could pull a victory against K-Thor

If SS were to draw power from Galactus he could beat Thanos

Evangel94
There's a difference.

Jurgen's Thor

King Thor was Thor during Jurgens run with the odinforce. He didn't know how to use the odinforce properly like his father and was still learning how to use the odinforce.

Oeming's Thor

Lord Thor is the current version of thor with the power of ancient asguardian runes, the odinforce, and has gained wisdom and knowledge to allow him to use all his powers to their greatest potential. This version is even more powerful than Odin himself and is close to being on par with Galactus.

Light
If SS were to ask Galactus to run his power through him, and if Galactus saw it fitting I think SS could take down K-Thor, remember Galactus does respect SS

This is thought remember that

Evangel94
Pull a victory against King Thor? Never. King Thor is a skyfather level being. Silver Surfer has never shown the capapbilty to beat normal thor.
Silver Surfer is pushed to the limit when he fights morg.

SS already draws power from galactus, the power cosmic.

ScarletSpider
Lord Thor, with Odinforce, the runes, Hugin and Munin, Mjolnir (although he doesn't need it anymore, since he's discovered his own Thorpower, all of the feats that he used Mjolnir for, he can now do himself naturally) would simply own Surfer.

Evangel94
Galactus already granted the power cosmic to surfer and that's all he's going to get.

What's your point? It has nothing to do with anything.

Light
If Galactus were to give Silver Surfer full access to him that would be interesting

picoico
Thanos beats either Thor (maybe even king Thor) and SS. Thanos is NOT on par with Galactus without some kind of assist (gems, gauntlet, etc). His latent abilities are well below that, although his intellect is such that he often has to outsmart these types in his quests (when he was bent on destroying everything).

SS has never beaten thor in the comics, however ALL his losses can be brushed aside as SS being reluctant, esp. SS against Thor when he was suffering Warrior madness (the idea was to restrain thor and take him back to Odin, something Thanos had to do...and got into a fight with Odin for his troubles). Personally, I'm more partial to SS. Thor's powers just don't seem to measure up.

In a what-if issue, SS simply disintegrates Thor (after taking a near-lethal blow from Thor's hammer). That makes sense to me, however that is only in character for SS as a herald of the Big G. But then, in another what-if, wolverine 'stabs' SS an takes him out of action (dunno if it killed him). LOL, SS is pure energy under that shell (he's got no flesh or bones folks), so how a 'stab' hurts him is beyond me...

What are the upper limits of SS strength/power? In terms of control, I know he can only transmute/manipulate matter in a blunt manner. He once tried to alter a violent alien creature, but ended up frying the thing. In terms of Raw power (i.e. maxed out), I dunno. I think it's left vague on purpose.

Take away the matter manipulation bit, and I say he's an all round good match for Thor. Otherwise, are we supposed to think that Thor is not made up of matter? Please...spare me! If it's matter, SS can mess it up BIG TIME. Either way, though, both characters have such vaguely defined powers that a writer could easily put one over the other.

Krissy Von Doom
If it was the juiced up Surfer in Infinity Crusade where he was more musclebound than Drax and Hulk put together, it could be a match....

Light
I like SS more then Thor, I think SS could kill King Thor easily by manipulating his matter, and if Thor trys to godblast him SS could rearrange the energy or dismantle it SS full potential full power could kill King Thor

Evangel94
What an original post.

Odinforce prevents surfer from rearranging an of king thor's matter. SS can't use his molecular powers on something more powerful than the power cosmic. With a mere thought, king thor can also remove silver surfer from existence.

crazyspinz
light u realy have no idea what you are talking about do you?

just cuz u like him better? please. i like SS just as mutch as the next guy, but king thor is without a doubt the most powerfull hero in the marvel universe (hero not being) and SS can only manipulate matter on a very small level, he could maybe turn a human into stone or something, but king thor is too powerfull for that.

picoico
Since when? When was that ever an advertised trait of King Thor's/odinforce's ability? The Power Cosmic is what keeps Galactus going, and Galactus can EAT all of asgard for a snack. I digress, sure that's a possible way to write off SS's transmutation/matter rearranging abilities. Why not. Odinforce/Power Cosmic...there's simply no common basis to judge the two so it's pretty much up to the writer. I mean, on the flip side SS COULD transmute Odin into an ice cream cone, or SS COULD banish Odin off into a pocket dimension (like he did to carnage).

SS is a battery for the Power Cosmic, and for some undefined reason, he can use it to manipulate energy/matter (both one in the same).

From what I understand, Galactus, Eternity, and Death(or was it Infinity) all relate to the Power cosmic (don't ask me...I don't write this stuff). Mystic energies the Gods use relate to In-Betweener, Lord Chaos, and Master Order. So a deciding factor may be where the battle is fought.

In an SS issue, Galactus beats up (and takes a beating from) the In-Betweener...IB claims that if he was in his realm, Galactus would be toast. Galactus ends up winning the fight because he was in 'our' realm..I think something similar holds between Cosmic powered types and Gods.

Light
Erased

crazyspinz
HAHA, u compared cards to comics, thats like saying "i saw it in a cartoon" and galactus basicaly IS the power cosmic, surfer only has a portion of it, he is not 1/100th as powerfull as galactus

Light
Obviously I like SS more then thor......

Infinity Gauntlet SS (from alternate M) > King Thor

crazyspinz
erased?

and when in mainstream comics, THAT ACUALY HAPPENED, did SS get even close to king thors power. never, there was an alterate universe where the punnisher killed all the heros on earth, but did that acualy happen in the comics, no. alertnate universes or "what if" series hold no ground what so ever

picoico
But that's the thing, we don't know until SS has tried. Quite frankly, ALL the super heroes are getting a serious upswing in power levels. SS may well be getting his. It's all up to the writers.

As for King Thor being 'too powerful' for being transmuted...dunno about that. Nothing stopping a writer from writing that way without disturbing continuity too much.

Light
(to be filled)

crazyspinz
there is also nothing stoping a writer from having a pink gerbil named fritz make exact copies of galactus and the living tribunal and keeping them as house pets in a far away galaxy. that would distub the continuity at all, wuts yer point dude

Light
SS could beat k-Thor, it could easily be written that SS defeats k-thor

also SS might get a serious upgrade soon

picoico
crazyspinz,

For those not in the know, why don't you list off a bunch of things King Thor did that impressed you inside and outside his realm. I personaly haven't been following Thor too closely.

We should keep in mind that SS hasn't been in a main-continuity series for a while, so his character hasn't had the chance to evolve either.

I mean, back in the day when Galactus was wearing purple shorts, the Thing managed to trip him. That won't happen now days. Characters change.

crazyspinz
"also SS might get a serious upgrade soon"

and i might grow wings and a second head.

once again not seeing your point. he "might" get an upgrade, you have no proof of this, and it wouldnt matter if you did, because its not there yet. thats like me tellin my teacher "in two months ill be smart enough to pass this test so just give me an A now"

Light
none the less SS >< K-thor

picoico
No, that would seriously disrupt MU continuity. I mean, if a writer actually wrote that, then he's pretty much redefined the pecking order of the continuity.

Thor (king or not) and SS are way down on the chain. Both have vague powers, and so one could easily be written to outclass the other. There's no common basis to judge, and when we do try to find some, we only get more confused (e.g. SS always beats hulk who almost always beats Thor, but SS never beats Thor).

crazyspinz
i dont have a list of accomplishments for king thor right now, because im also a bit behind in my thor comics, but im sure someone else has one. and i know for a fact he would own surfer

Light
Thor would not own SS for a fact

crazyspinz
it was a hyperbole, and seeing as you have no clue what that means its an extreem exageration to prove a point

and king thor is like 100xs more powerfull than normal thor, normal thor SS takes on, but king thor is a match for galactus

picoico
No it's not, it's like you flunking a student because he got an F on the past two tests (even though the student had pretty good reasons, namely his passing the test would have some bizzare and dire consequences...like say the death of his teacher).

Look, we simply don't know yet since it's never happened. The analysis that SS has never beaten Thor in comics is valid, however has no bearing on future encounters. I mean, what is stopping a writer from having SS scatter Thor across the universe? It's within the realm of his powers. The trick here is to get SS to revert back to his herald mentality. Otherwise, the criteria for an "all out" fight between Thor and SS can never be met. Thor wins everytime 'cause he'll spaz out.

picoico
No, I know what hyperbole means.

Where has it been established that King Thor is on par with Galactus? I mean, fine it may be that way, however I see no indication of that. The current pecking order has Galactus as a life-force eater...he ate a celestial, he devoured the Elders of the Universe...he threatened to do the same to the In-Betweener...so where is King Thor's powers coming from that place him on par with Galactus in terms of latent ability? I mean, if he has some kind of trick up his sleeve like Thanos does, then I'm with you. Otherwise, I'd keep him up there with Thanos in terms of raw ability (minus the intellect of course)....

crazyspinz
there is nothing stopping any writer from writing anything, this isnt "wut would the writers do" its a battle, and it said CURRENT SS not SS after he gets the upgrades that dont exist yet.

trust me i am a huge surfer fan, i have argued the normal thor vs surfer arguement more than anyone. i KNOW how powerfull surfer is, and i KNOW he does not come close to king thor. and thanos is in this fight to, its a joke

crazyspinz
i said he is a match for galactus, not that he would win. the thing is a match for hulk, but hulk would win.

Light
SS could beat K-thor it is possible, and this is not a joke.

crazyspinz
you make no sense, u provide no reason, or explinatoin, or proof. u just say "SS could beat King thor" and thanos would own surfer as well, u should realy brush up on yer characters before posting again

crazyspinz
light, for your own benefit here is the most accurate hiarchy ive ever seen for marvel characters, courtisy of mane

1. The Heart Of The Universe
2. Living Tribunal
3. Infinity Gauntlet
4. Death
5. The Infinites
6. Eternity/Infinity/Galactus (full power)
7. Oblivion
8. The Celestials
9. Franklin Richards (full power)
10. Master Order/Lord Chaos
11. Chronos
12. X-Man (full power)/Onslaught (full power)
13. Love/Hate
14. Eon
15. Epoch
16. Chton
17. Stranger/In-Betweener/Oshtur/Agamotto/Hoggoth/Galactus (normal power)/Dark Phoenix
18. Ego the Living Planet
19. Dark Gods/Elder Gods
20. Eternals
21. Korvak
22. Shaper of Worlds
23. Beyonder
24. Phoenix Force
25. Hyperstorm
26. Dormammu/Shuma Goroth/Franklin Richards (normal power)/X-Man (normal power)
27. Demogorge the God Eater
28. Set/Cyttarok/Atum the God Eater/Demiurge/Gaea
29. Pheonix
30. Molecule Man
31. Odin/Zeus/Zuras/Shaman
32. Asgardian Destroyer
33. Pantheon of Gods
34. Kubik
35. Mephisto
36. King Thor/Thanos/Hulk (full power)
37. Beta Ray Bill/Adam Warlock/Silver Surfer/Morg
38. Thor/Drax/Gladiator/Terrax the Tamer
39. Captain Universe/Quasar/Gabriel the Airwalker
40. Dr. Strange
41. Genis-Vell/Blackheart/Loki
42. Vision (full power)/Ghost Rider (full power)
43. Super Skrull/Annahilus/Blaastar/Black Bolt/Firelord/Apocalypse
44. Atleza/Holocaust/Nova/Nimrod/Ultron/Mandarin/Cable (without virus)/Abomination/Champion (on earth)
45. Magneto (full power)
46. Juggernaut/Hulk (normal power)
47. Magneto (normal power)
48. Professor Xavier
49. Jean Grey
50. Cable (with virus)
51. Namor (in water)/The Thing/Colossus/Iron Man/Wonder Man/She-Hulk/Doctor Doom
52. Scarlet Witch/Warbird/Rogue/Emma Frost/Psylocke/Namor (out of water)/War Machine
53. Vision (normal power)/Ghost Rider/Vengeance/Spider-Man/Venom/Deadpool
54. Captain America/Wolverine/Sabretooth/T'Challa/Daredevil

picoico
I'm actually a fan of both Thor and Surfer, however Surfers powers have always impressed me more, and seem much more versitile.

Now, this isn't about "knowing", this is exactly about how writers have portrayed these two characters and possible future directions. King Thor seems to reprsent something drastically different, however I haven't really seen him in action outside of asgard. Classic thor should not pose SS any problem, yet he does. Why? The reasons are always within the details of the plot.

crazyspinz
Normal thor, not king thor, take every thing normal thor can do, and multiply it by 10, then ad some kool little tricks

crazyspinz
king thor can do the smae things in asgaurd outside of asgaurd. (im pretty sure)

Light
SS could be equal to Galactus, if SS returned to Galactus and became his herald once more things could change very much, galactus could imbune SS with full access to him and his powers. If SS returnes to being Galactus's herald and fully gives himself to Galactus in all ways, mentally physically, spiritually, so that SS becomes a extension of Galactus will, then SS would could be completely remolded story wise comic wise

picoico
I would disagre with X-Man and Onslaught. Those guys simply haven't proven themselves outside of Earth. Franklin Richars too...I mean, doing something on a global level was X-Man's last act. Not very impressive considering the people in and around that level do things on cosmic levels.

Korvac and the Cubes (Kubic, Shpaer, Beyonder) should be above the Eternals...Ego is an Elder of the Universe, so he should be in with those guys. Not bad overall on the top...I sense a bias in there in the middle/bottom, though :-)

crazyspinz
SS could be equil to galactus? evven if he returned big G wouldnt give him any more power, that would be stupid, and when he has a herald he was galactus's btich. and you are saying things that have not happend, and never will happen u make no sense.

crazyspinz
umm franklyn richard brought galactus back to life and has created pocket universes. if thats not power im not sure what is. and Xman and onslaght are crazy power full, not quite as strong as frank, but close

Light
If SS were to turn himself fully over to Galactus will fully, in that his spirit and his essence belongs to Galactus forever and is his to do with as he chooses, then Galactus could re mold reshape SS as he See's fit and perhaps even make SS like a son like figure of his own giving him great portions of his own power and potential perhaps even allowing SS full unlimited access to his core which is the cosmic essence, force. Imagine SS as like one with Galactus, both of the same mind SS driven purely by Galactus will.

These are all possibilities that could happen

crazyspinz
these COULD happen, but they havent happened yet, and probably wont ever happen. no offence, but you are making a total fool of you self. you keep on saying things that could, or might, or possible, to happen, but until any of those things do happen please stop refering to them, this isnt the place for that.

if that did happen witch it wont, it would be a tuff fight, and i dont know who would win, but it still hasnt happened yet, and probably never will,

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t311890.html

here is a thread on this forum that is meant for the "what ifs" or the "could happen"

picoico
Frank and Valeria combined ...yeah.. I remember now at the end of the gawd awful Abraxis saga. Franklin seems to demonstrate the exact same powers as the cosmic cubes do (Kubic, Beyonder/Molecule Man).

And yes, onslaught and X-Man are 'crazy' poweful, however they don't deserve to be ranked as such. They should be down there with the Gods or at most Hyperstorm.

crazyspinz
well, Xman is very simmilar to franklyn in power. he has brought people back from the dead and other cool things like that

Light
What if or not, it is not fact that k-thor > SS

crazyspinz
dude, i getting tired, you are providing no proof wutsoever to back your self up, i have provided many examples and reasons why i am right, i will not argue this point anymore,and no i am not saying you are right because you are not, and im not giving up, im just tired of repeating my self over and over, you just dont seem to get it

Light
no where in the comics has it said that k-thor is immune or un affected by the power cosmic or that k-thor is immune/unaffected by SS powers and abilities including rearranging matter, you saying that k-thor is to powerful for SS to rearrange his matter is what you think not what is fact, you do not know SS full potential. I am not saying "what if" SS and thor by the comic are basically >/<

crazyspinz
ok, IF SURFER COLD DO THAT TO SOMEONE AS POWERFULL AS KING THOR OR THANOS HE WOULD HAVE BUT HE HASNT BECAUSE HE CANT. sorry bout th caps, im tired,

and do not say surfer holds back against thanos, because he doesnt, he thanos lets surfer live every time they fight

Light
you have not seen SS full power or potential though, it has not been showed in the comics, as of right now SS and thor are >/<

What you think is not fact or law

SS being able to rearrange matter is mentioned in the Marvel Metal series SS card

Krissy Von Doom
Why is Molecule Man, an incomplete cosmic cube, ranked above the Sky Fathers and Kubik is lower? Why is Dr Strange ranked much higher than Loki? Where do the Elders of the Universe fit?

picoico
Exactly. But didn't MM give Beyonder a beating in one of the FF manuals, forcing Kubik to plead for his life? MM should be up there with the rest of the cubes. Korvac may in fact be above the cubes. And what about The High Evoloutionary?

norrin radd
just want to clear out that Thanos is not on galactus level damn.
he can beat surfer, but durfer would murder pretty boy thor.
thor with odin power is another story, he probably could beat surfer.

Linkalicious
SS > Thor
Thanos > SS
King Thor > SS

I've got a shit load of Surfer comics, and I've never once seen him use his power to manipulate matter against a foe. It's a parlor tick he uses to fix damage done to worlds and what not....not a weapon of destruction (atleast how he uses it)

I only have 3 issues of King Thor so my knowledge is somewhat lacking, but in those 3 he showed incredible feats of strength and power. Odin himself could whoop SS, so I am to assume Thor would be able to do the same with his father's power.

Thanos...is a beast. I'd like to see him go at it with Morg...fully powered.

Mider
Thanos has beaten every avenger one on one you guys know that right, and he killed the surfer in an issue were the surfer was getting visions of death meaning she was starting to like him out of jeolousy Thanos beat him to death or almost to death and personally dilivered him to death and thats when he was bared from her realm making him immortal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.