Human Torch vs Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThaWhiteShadow
I'd go with human torch

crazyspinz
torch wins, he can destroy a small moon with one of his funky nova blasts. and spidey couldnt touch him, and his webs would melt/burn

wrathofachilles
Actually Spidey has taken him down before by developing a fire-proof web-fluid. People seem to forget Peter has the ability to make different kinds of webs.

Cosmo Kramer
Yea, I would have said Spidey loses but now with that last post I give him close to even odds.

emraldguardian
If Torch goes supernova he wins theres no arguement about that but if he dont then it could be a good fight.

who?-kid
Oh yes, there's plenty of argument about that.

- Spider-Man is stronger, and can knock Torch's head of. Or hit him in the stomach like Wolverine once did (X-Men vs FF), and yes, he was already in flames then, but boy, Torch went down !

- Spider-Man fights faster than Torch. I know Torch can fly pretty fast, but it's not a race, it's a fight. Very few people fight faster than Spider-Man, and Torch isn't one of them.

- Spider-Man has a spider-sense, and can easily avoid the attacks of Torch. He also has superior agility and reflexes.

- Spider-Man is much more than Torch used to fighting alone.

- Spider-Man is sooo much more experienced, durable and strongwilled.

- Spider-Man is more intelligent too.

I saw a furious Torch in a FF comic trying to attack Spider-Man. Hah, Spider-Man was playing with Johny, and humiliated Torch with ease.

Sorry Torch-fans, Torch depends too much on his firepowers, but isn't the best fighter ever, to put it mildly. And isn't exactly a genius either.

Linkalicious
which comic was that in?

I have a Spidey comic where Spiderman admits he'd be toast if it weren't for the fact that they were fighting inside...where Johnny was no where near as manueverable.

And yes, the flame-resistant webbing DOES help him significantly.

Spidey wins this, but Torch is capable of a win as well. I think the biggest factor in this fight is Johnny's arrogance and his tendency to jump into things before thinking them through thoroughly.

radioboy121
I wonder the tolerance of this fire-proof web fluid and if it could make contact with the Human Torch. I'm undecided with this fight otherwise. Could go either way. Both have been overconfident at times.

Off topic: Exactly how close are they? The scenes I've seen them in, they appear to be on close terms.

Mane
hmm...75% of the time Spidey wins this with relative ease.

Linkalicious
Johnny is close to Peter Parker and Spiderman but he doesn't know his secret identity.

and it's not "flame proof"....it's flame retardent. If Torch sat there blasting it....it would melt after a short time. But normal webbing would shrivel up almost on impact.

If Spiderman covered Torch in the webbing...it would extinguish his flame before he could burn through it.

ThaWhiteShadow
does anyone have any pics of these 2 fighting each other? if so, post 'em

norrin radd
human torch, we already discuss this once i think

Wynndar
spidey win with relative ease?...Torch wins with relative ease, but his personality gets in the way and makes it a slightly close fight. Torch has more, experience, and vastly more power. However, like someone said, his emotions can easily mess him up....spidey knows this and would capitalize

who?-kid
Torch has more experience? No way. He's experienced, yes, but just not as much as Spider-Man

who?-kid

wrathofachilles
Their experience doesn't factor in because they're both very-well experienced, they've been doing this for over a decade in Marvel time.

Yes they're close, but not THAT close...lol

The nova flame takes way too much energy and if Spidey manages to get out of the way of it, he takes it easily. Plus take into consideration Torch would probably never utilize the nova flame because Johnnie would not want to hurt Spidey that seriously. Thus Spidey would take it in the end.

And in Amazing Annual #4 Spidey actually takes the fight outside and says he'll have an advantage out there. He pretty much wins the fight, but of course it's interrupted and they team up.

Evangel94
What people need to realize is how the chracters act. The torch isn't going to run into the battle and do supernova. It's not in his character.

Spiderninja008
Sidey wins. Hes too smart, and a problem solver much like bats. He is faster stronger, and equal in agility due to torch's experienced flight ability. But torch isn't a fighter. Since when did he ever punch out nebody. Torck relies on his powers all of the time. he never really dukes it out with neone, he just flies around and throws various flame attacks at people. He is great at what he does, but Spidey is better, and knows the pain game o too well. Spidey is so great cuz He always gets his ass beat, and learns from it. Spidey is much stronger than wolvey and X10+ faster. one Maximum spider (for those of you who play Marvel vs Capcom) dodge game and torch is dumb founded and gets winded and knocked out with a Spider Sting before Jonhy gets ta think about usn his Nova blast. And if you think Torch is too hot too handle, then Spidey would just cover his hands and feet in webbing for protection, even at Johny's hottest, it the webbing would protect spidey's hands and feet for at least one blow each, and only one blow would be needed to end the fight.

LOL I remember when the FF first met SPidey and Spidey used his strength and speed to pick up and judo toss Thing after Thing tried to grab him....actually it wuz more of a brute strength toss, but it was funny as hell.

ragesRemorse
Torch can fly and is is always on fire. Human torch hugs Spiderman and torches him. GAME OVER! french fried spider

RUNMAN
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Oh yes, there's plenty of argument about that.

- Spider-Man is stronger, and can knock Torch's head of. Or hit him in the stomach like Wolverine once did (X-Men vs FF), and yes, he was already in flames then, but boy, Torch went down !

- Spider-Man fights faster than Torch. I know Torch can fly pretty fast, but it's not a race, it's a fight. Very few people fight faster than Spider-Man, and Torch isn't one of them.

- Spider-Man has a spider-sense, and can easily avoid the attacks of Torch. He also has superior agility and reflexes.

- Spider-Man is much more than Torch used to fighting alone.

- Spider-Man is sooo much more experienced, durable and strongwilled.

- Spider-Man is more intelligent too.

I saw a furious Torch in a FF comic trying to attack Spider-Man. Hah, Spider-Man was playing with Johny, and humiliated Torch with ease.

Sorry Torch-fans, Torch depends too much on his firepowers, but isn't the best fighter ever, to put it mildly. And isn't exactly a genius either.

I concur smokin'

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Evangel94
What people need to realize is how the chracters act. The torch isn't going to run into the battle and do supernova. It's not in his character.
thumb up

lando005
interesting these two had sort of a rivalry going on in their early careers it all started in the very spider-man comic when spidy stalemated the F4 by himself. Spidy has stalemated the F4 a few times earlier on and back in thoes days faught with torch any chance he got.

Spidy's regular webbing is fire resistant and has been shown to hold the torch when he is burning at normal levels, and like mentioned before spidy has developed a much more fire retardant formula.

one on one this would be tough but i would say spidy wins although they both know each other well spidy's greater solo experience, the fact that he's much more adaptive than torch, and torch's tendency to not always think things through means we're in store for some classic spider-wit action as pete out wits johnny in the end and gives a general slap to his pride

spidy 8/10

Mindship
Torch is far more powerful, but Spider-Man is the smarter fighter, and everytime I've seen them fight, Spidey either takes Torch out or holds his own (though, admittedly, Spider-Man's dodge-at-the-last-second-and-Torch-plows-into-a-water-tank maneuver is getting a bit tiresome...and also, you'd think Torch would learn!)

starlock
No prep = no fire resistant webbing( spidey has been around a long time...does he always keep the special webbing he makes on him after he uses it? any references?), i know its an old thread but did spidey have the organic webbing at this time?
Torch wins this...he can effect an area large enough that spidey will not dodge...add to it a neutral setting..since none were specified..imo spidey looses badly

yugotank
Originally posted by starlock
No prep = no fire resistant webbing( spidey has been around a long time...does he always keep the special webbing he makes on him after he uses it? any references?), i know its an old thread but did spidey have the organic webbing at this time?
Torch wins this...he can effect an area large enough that spidey will not dodge...add to it a neutral setting..since none were specified..imo spidey looses badly

Sounds about right to me.

quanchi112
human torch wins this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.