Big Release Competition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
OK, this season is obviously HUGE as far as big releases are concerned. All three of the major platforms are coming out with killer games. Which one do you think will be the best overall, or which do you think will come out on top?

cal31
Halo 2 no question. I mean almost 2 million pre orders? Unheard of.

§pearhead
um...Metroid doesn't even compare...

I'd have to say Halo 2 as well erm

SaTsuJiN
Metroid Prime 2 is gonna be really hot.. the demo had some really interesting gameplay additions.. Like how samus cannot surivive in the dark atmosphere that only light can ward off.

I'll root for the Underdog and say Prime2

Morgoths_Wrath
I thought the first Metroid Prime was better then the first Halo...so I figure why should the sequels be any different? I guess I'll just have to wait & see...

Samas-adian
Halo 2 probably. But me thinks that Half-Life 2 is going to come close in the long run.

Tptmanno1
Half-Life 2

forumcrew
this isnt what you like better, its which is a bigger release. with halo 2 already nere 2 million metroid wont touch it and niether will half life 2

SaTsuJiN
just because it sold 2 million now doesnt mean the other games cant catch up... and besides, we dont have raw sales data on the other games... I dont even know where you got the 2 million sold information from.

Samas-adian
I think Half Life 2 can sell over 2 million easily considering the huge mod scene and its the sequel to the best shooter ever made. And its surpasses the original also. People still bought Half Life long after it was out.

punkkaveman
I already know San Andreas is gonna sell more than Halo 2 because the forcast for the sells of San Andreas is 15 million copys. When it sells that many copies it would have had $100 million more than the top grossing movie of all time.

Morgoths_Wrath
San Andreas might not sell as much as Halo 2, but it's a high quality game nontheless.

Samas-adian
I think GTA will outsell Halo 2. Vice City and GTA3 outsold the original, which was the most popular title for the XBOX

cal31
but combine the xbox Halo sales with the PC sales and its gotta be close.

Samas-adian
maybe, but i dont know if the PC version sold as well as the XBOX version. Im still thinking GTA will outsell.

dark1365
Halo 2, all the way. Even though the lady in the Varia suit is quite appealing.

cal31
I agree GTA will outsell Halo 2 just because more people own PS2, but in terms of hype, nothing can beat Halo 2.

Revan X
I agree too but Halo 2 all the way as top seller of all year.

ragesRemorse
GTA will make more money.

Robo-Chocobo
prime 2 just hasnt gotten the same press the other 2 have. I've hardly been as pumped for prime 2, or san andreas.

I mean, Halo 2 has easily gotten more coverage, and it has hardly given out any info involving the game. until earlier this year, no one even knew about how multi player would work. no one knows a thing about the campaign except for french F*****s and stupid spoilers.

Samas-adian
Yah, Halo 2 has gotten most coverage. But does not make it the best game however.

BackFire
Halo 2 will sell the most. But I think Metroid Prime 2 will be the best.

However, I think Half Life 2 will kick the ass of both of them.

dark1365
Half-Life 2? Maaaybe. The only cooler weapon is the Gravity Gun. Halo2 gots a lot more weapons.

SaTsuJiN
Half Life 2 has genre-defining physics.. I dont exactly think halo's physics are great.. but the game is fun.. I wont deny that.

Tptmanno1
But thats the point of HL2 Your a rag-tag group of resistance fighters. Your not on the cutting edge of technology.
But whats gonna make that game sick is playablity. The AI is gonna be just insane.
(Go out and buy the newest PC gamer. Tightest artical about HL2, First play-test. Sick.)

dark1365
Rag-tag group of resistance fighters? What are you, a hippie?

Samas-adian
A game's weapons does not represent on how good a game is.

Morgoths_Wrath
Very true, but it is a small factor smokin'

Samas-adian
Yep, it is.

Stealth Agent
i think Metal gear Snake Eater

dark1365
That ain't an option. Choose an actual option.

WindDancer
If the reports are correct then Halo 2 will be the most susceful game sold in one day. But in reality we should stop comparing Console games to PC games. PC games will always have the edge over consoles. Let's just wait for new Xbox and the PS3 to arrive and then we can compare them to the PC games.

RaventheOnly
come on halo 1 is still 30 dollars after what? 3 years? Vice city dropped to 20 bucks after like 6 months.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

dark1365
Yeah, Halo 2 got 3 million copies reserved over the first three days, so I heard. VERY big seller. GTA is startin' to get really old.

Samas-adian
I heard it was 1.5 millions, or was it 2 million. So whats the number? And proof?

WindDancer
BOOYAA! eek!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/cpress/20041111/ca_pr_on_en/games_halo_2_sales_6

Samas-adian
That's alot of copies. No wonder though, Halo 2 was basically shoved up people's ass from a marketing stand point.

JToTheP
There's very many huge releases coming out I feel:

Halo 2
Blinx 2

GTA: SA
Jak 3
Ratchet & Clank:Up Your Arsenal
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metroid Prime 2:Echoes
Nintendo DS

It's all about fanism, or owning multiple consoles.

ChickinMeat
out of the options there, i would be quite happy with all 3 titles, as i know they are all awesome, but in real life i only have a PS2, so i would choose GTA. Being true withmyself though, Half-Life 2, the videos alone for that game made me shat my pants in glee, next week i will probably shat myself again!

dark1365
What game are you looking forward to most on the DS? Mine is the sequel to Super Mario 64, or Metroid Prime Hunters. Don't laugh, cause' Mario 64 was incredibly addictive. Wonder what kinda new stages there're going to be...
Halo 2 rules.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.