If any what kind of bible does everyone read?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
There is alot of different bibles out there.and I for one reads alittle of the jewish bible that we have.,
My sister however reads the Crystal Bible(new age)
So what kind of bible do you read?JM Happy Dance

finti
The Rock Bible (who is who in the world of Rock music)

lucija
I read many parts from Christian Bible
and then little from Bhagavadgita (holy book of hinduism)

Df02
Buddhist bible
Satanic bible (read the satanism thread before jumpin down my throat, cos i know some1 will lol....)
Buddhist teachings (not strictly a bible obviously)
Toaist teachings
the 1 that begins with Z that i can never remember, all the karma and spirituality stuff messed boring as hell

like religious and other stuff like that - call it a hobby if u want

WindDancer
I read all kinds. Except it feels like I'm reading the same thing. blink

Arachnoidfreak
Zoroastrianism. The first religion to have a concept of Good vs Evil.

big gay kirk
I have... (deep breath!!) The Modern reader's Bible, two Authorised versions (from 1868 and 1967 respectively, the earlier one including the so-called Apocrypha) a revised Standard version, a Good News, a jerusalem Bible, The Bible arranged as Literature, a Latin Vulgate, and a Gideon.... as for the books of other religions, I have the Book of Mormon, the Popul Vuh, the Kebra Nagast, the Qran, Bhagavad Gita, Guru Granth Sahib, Kama Sutra, The Zohar, the Babylonian talmud and several "lost" books of the Bible, such as the Secrets of Enoch and the Gospel of Pilate...

big gay kirk
and where mysticism is called for, I have Isis Unveiled, The Secret doctrine, and psychic Self defence...

eleveninches
No bible for me.

Turbo-Cajun
I have a Quar'an and the Book of Mormon... and a King James, somewhere.

eleveninches
I HAVE a bible, as my family brought me up to be a christian, and they used to make me go to church, but I only chose to be an athiest about 7 years ago

Ytaker

Filth
The book of Nod

JediHDM
The Recovery Version of the Bible...very good for someone who wants to know other instances, explanations, etc...

mailedbypostman
This shouldn'tbe in the philosophy form, it belongs in general discussion, but ok. I don't read a bible.

HockeyHorror
read Bhagta Ghita, Christian Bible (OT and NT), Zend Avesta(somewhat), and a couple other.

wicker_man
I keep the New Testament and Psalms on my desk, for those times of contemplation.

Reborn Again
St. James bible.

Afro Cheese
I don't have a Bible, but I did take bible study a few years back and we studied the protestant Bible. I'm not sure which version but I would imagine the latest translation, because it was in plain English.

TrAnCeDuO
its called the holy book of shutting you the hell up! god your annoying. when will you get a clue and realize you make the worst threads out there and you shouldnt be within a 20-mile range of a computer due to your stupidity!

theReject
Was this the religion started by Zorastor in Persia of Chaldea? or neither?

BackFire
PC Gamer.

theReject
What do you mean pc gamer?

BackFire
It's a magazine I read religiously, hence, it's my bible.

theReject
Oh i get ya.
I usually go for the Christian King James Version Bible.
But I do read those stupid Glamour magazines my sister buys religiously for some odd reason... embarrasment

Reborn Again
I think someone is in need of some serious spiritual training. stick out tongue

finti
playboy

leevalo
The Book of Nod is sacred to me.

Quite fond of the book of Revelations in the back of the bible too.

eleveninches
http://www.earth-history.com

has many old texts from various cultures and mythologies throughout the world. It includes over 30 books that were ommitted from the modern bible for various reasons.

Capt_Fantastic
...i...i love you....

leevalo
quote:
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
its called the holy book of shutting you the hell up! god your annoying. when will you get a clue and realize you make the worst threads out there and you shouldnt be within a 20-mile range of a computer due to your stupidity!

That comment is soooo mean but very funny at the same time!

frodo34x
NIV for me.

Napalm
I have one But I havent read it in years

Storm
None.

Dwarfdude
Hands of Capt!

Lightweights....I have 2 pastors for parents....We have an entire theological Library....Every book in the N.T. has its own study book, ten different greek, and around 20 different Hebrew bibles. A few Latin ones, and about 40 different study bibles....

Not that I read any of them. The Odyssey and The Iliad are my bibles. They teach the same lessons, basically.

DirectorFitz
I read my New International Version. I've had it a long time.

MC John 117
LotR.

DuronKiller
i read the elberfelder translation.... huh, what? its german... so i suppose you dont know it... stick out tongue

MC John 117

ushomefree
The Holy Bible is alive!

Other religious books are dead.

The Holy Bible contains almost 25,000 original manuscripts, while Homer's Liad contains roughly 600.

All other religious books are gone like a fart in the breeze. Surely, they were not DIVINE, God would not have allowed them to be wiped off the face of the earth in order to continue His word!

The Holy Bible has numerous versions: the New International Version, Amplified, King James, American Standard, and Good News Translation to name a few.

ALL of course are in accordance with the "orginal manuscripts" which no other religious book can prove!

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud

actually the bible should be added to that list too

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
There is alot of different bibles out there.and I for one reads alittle of the jewish bible that we have.,
My sister however reads the Crystal Bible(new age)
So what kind of bible do you read?JM Happy Dance

I prefer King James or New King James because they are more literal, word-for-word translations instead of paraphrases.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.