BTH 55 is up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Naredhel
Apparently a pic of R2... although I don't have hyperspace *COUGH COUGH*

EDIT: Apparently... TFN...

scramba2000
I have the flu and a worse cough than you...

Hey! That rhymed...

http://home.comcast.net/~shirazkh/bth55.jpg

Stunrun
thx scramba! a finshed shot of artoo at last!

smokin'

Thats in the TF cruiser right?

cal31
sweet pic, although R2 doesn't look all that good, you can se he's obviously digital in that pic.

vanyoda
Thanks Scramba , hope you feel better soon , like
on November 4th. big grin

vanyoda
Doesn't look digital to me smile

ImperialPEZ
Thanks for the pics Scramba.

Stunrun
yep, we'll all be relying on ya when that day comes Happy Dance

get well m8 wink

cal31
look at his robotic arm or the gadgets on top of his dome, you can't tell they're digital?

Stunrun
he's definatly digital alright

but why make him digital for that scene? he did that electric thing a couple of times during ESB and ROTJ, and it worked

jjwil76
who gives a crap if it's digital?! still looks cool...

falcon

Sith Master X
Not bad. I kind of liked this one.

SnakeEyes
so many people hate anything digital nowadays. i like it rock

vanyoda
Nope

BAILY
Is that Obi Standing Next to R2? Notice the battle droid behind R2. Maybe they get captured at the beginning and R2 helps them escape

pika122689
Thanks scramba! big grin Nice pic! smile

R2 is sooo digital that shot. God I hope that is not complete.

vorphalack
Yeah I think if you have a problem with digital work then the prequel trilogy is about as far away from something you will like as you can get....

Personally, I think people rag on digital work a little bit too much sometimes. Not pointing any fingers in this thread, mind you, just a general observation. If it doesn't look good enough in a Star Wars movie, then it doesn't look good enough from anyone in the entire movie industry.

I like a quote that Lucas said once (to paraphrase): "Its not that its any different now than back then...either it looks fake and its rubber or it looks fake and its CG, but we take it as far as we can".

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the pic that's worth getting fussy about. I still nearly crapped myself with AoTC when I found out that not one Clone Trooper was a man in a suit. If you nitpick and keep your eyes on them, sometimes you can tell, but overall they are EXTREMELY realistic. A major success, in my opinion.

-V.

pika122689
But I'm sure the CGI on R2 could look SOO much better if they wanted to. Maybe it is just the size of the pic. I just don't see why a simple shot like this didn't just have a model.

vorphalack
Well more than likely its because of all the little tools that pop out of him....to get the movements right it would be a big pain in the ass to add all of that stuff in later...or even worse to physically make all of them. I would expect this is "The CG version" and that there will also be a traditional tin can version....they just use the digital stuff for the little robotic arms and stuff....similar to how they made a digital one for when he flew in AoTC.

Also remember that CG generally looks better in motion than as screen caps.....

-V.

Stunrun
Dont get me wrong, i love what they can do these days, in the digital arena, but there were alot of scenes in AOTC where Artoo didnt need to be digital, plus it takes away the fun for kenny baker, but saying that i really dont have any probs with CG. You may think im looking too deep into it, but hey! im the one who actually didnt mind Jar Jar (ok hes not the greatest of all characters) but i actually couldnt believe fans went mad about Hayden in ROTJ. I love that scene even better nowwink plus the new digital Jabba blends better with Harrison Ford's performance, and i actually feel that the digital modifications to the OT helped alot wink

cal31
I have no problem with digital animation, but when it looks that noticeable like R2 in that shot, I do.

cal31
Yeah, you're right about that, it probably will look better in motion.

Stunrun
i know what you mean, just like the scene in AOTC when Artoo is in the droid factory tapping into that computer, the digitable work is much more noticeable

Killua
LOL Vanyona , i have spammed SS with that link i also added " you little whore " :P

LandoSpeeder
Why is their a battle droid behind R2-D2 and then a Jedi that looks like Obi Wan right next to the battle droid?

Stunrun
It is Obi-Wan. Theres a part in JW's fan novel, where Artoo helps Obi-wan and Anakin bring the stabalisers back online to land the ship safely on Coruscant, so this pic has to be during that scene

jedijunky1138
JW's fan novel is just that, A FAN NOVEL. They are however on GG's flag ship. Look at the controls.

zutalurs
I hated that all the Clone Troopers were digital. Digital R2 is just as bad. Make the body real and CG in the arms if that's the reason. But it just doesn't match up to the "look" of the OT. I know I know. GL would have used digital then if he'd had it. but ask yourself. Would it have been as successful and afforded him the chance to make the NT if it had looked so fake and crappy then?

darktim1
Thanks Scramba get well my aunt had the flu and was in hospital for three weeks so drink alot of fluids and get well so you can come back again thanks.

Stunrun
But i thought the Chancellor was held captive on GG's flagship, thats basically the location i meant.

p.s - I know about 30 % of his novel is speculation, but most of the info comes from hyperspace sources, so its the most accurate there is.

CBright7831
Looks good.

ExecuteR
can someone help me how to get this one?

Xanatos
PM someone

Jedi Priestess
actually try pming scramba. santa

.:Space Opera:.
this thread is older than the pee stains on my toilet.

PVS
time to put those scrubbing bubbles to work then laughing out loud

dude scrubbing bubbles are a gift from god! i love that stuff! thats all i use when i clean my bathroom (if i did anyway)

PVS
laughing out loud is there any way we could have thrown the topic off more? laughing out loud

SHYA! MONKIES FLY OUT OF MY BUTT!

....there ya go.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.