Ep3 Teaser Poster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Decimator
hi everyone according to milleniumfalcon.com the teaser poster will be up on sw.com sumtime today and also according to tfn.com entertainment tonight will also be showing the poster today/tonight
sorry if this has been mentioned before
cheers

pika122689
cool i hope

Darth Surgent
We shall see...

Crow_T_Robot
I saw it on ET. It was the one described before with Anakin holding a red saber in the bottom right corner and his cape forming Vader's helmet in the upper right.

gunchips
This is it big grin

http://img33.exs.cx/img33/7162/ep3teaser.jpg

Mempho76
sweet!

Spectr4L
I don't like it. It looks as if a crackhead spray-painted it on a mound of feces.

The fan-made ones were much better imo...

Crow_T_Robot
It looked a lot better on TV. Keep in mind that that is a TV screencap blown up and cropped.

Sith Master X
Awesome!!

amity75
Absolutely superb!

gunchips
another ones

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/1200/ep3teaser2.jpg

http://img93.exs.cx/img93/5563/e3-poster3.jpg

The Tater
Meh, I'm disappointed with it.

moonwalker741
i think the poster looks awesome, the vader helmet looks too concept artwork though, but its overall cool

gunchips
Hey guys, the teaser poster is really cooooooool !!!!!!! big grin big grin

http://img93.exs.cx/img93/1374/e3-poster4.jpg

Stunrun
im sure it'll look better when a high resolution pic is released

tlbauerle
Wow...that sucks...but I guess I'll have to buy it anyways.

thejeditraitor
i think it's great but there are a lot of negative reactions.

waynerobsonuk
got to admit it's a bit of a let down as far as I am concerned.

Wayne...

Stunrun
i agree with moonwalker. the vader looks too much like the concept art

quote* " What a piece of junk!" stick out tongue na im sure theres a better version around

moonwalker741
somebody made a depictation of what it was supposed to be like before this came out over at the tf.n forums.....

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/5136/Ep3-teaser-poster_LMM.jpg

its pretty cool

Stunrun
is that 1 fan made? if it is, then its WAY better

vanyoda
God that's terrible sad

gunchips
Here's a bigger version, laughing out loud laughing out loud

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/4627/e3-poster5.jpg

Stunrun
The description sounded so good toosad

gunchips
Here's the real one:

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/699/e3-poster6.jpg

thejeditraitor
it's supposed to be up on the official site now.
can someone grab the biggest version and host it?

Stunrun
ah! i knew there had to be a better 1, now im liking it more big grin

vanyoda
Thanks gunchips , I still think it's terrible sad

gunchips
it is the bigger version sad

Stunrun
the one problem i do have is vader sad

Killua
I don't think that it's bad but the fanmade oneis far better , the union of the cape and mask failed imo , shouldve done it seperately imho !

vanyoda
I thought most of us had agreed that Anakin's
light saber was going to be blue.

Sith Master X
AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!

lucasfilm
uhh huhh i told you guys
RED RED RED RED RED........ unless its another tirck!

but im not too sure if i really like the poster.. i think the one for TPM is better even though the movie wasnt oh well, hope the actual poster is better than this

Sith Master X
Red, to represent evil. He will use blue against Obi-Wan.

gunchips
STAR WARS EPISODE 3 - REVENGE OF GARFIELD laughing laughing

http://img93.exs.cx/img93/1740/e3-poster7.jpg

tlbauerle
Ah...what about the red saber in the AOTC teaser. Doesn't mean it will be in the film.

Stunrun
Ok. Remember the pic that was released showing Anakin in the hallway of Tantive IV? this is similar, because the pic was represented to show where Anakin will be 20 years later. Just like the lightsaber. Ok its red, but obviously in time he will use 1, so it doesnt mean this stuff will turn up in ROTS. Dont look too much into these posters

Stunrun
EDIT: exactly my point wink

tlbauerle
So who else thinks this poster is the worst of the three teasers.

mc pee pants
looks kick @ss. can't wait for the movie.

DarthVader
i love it!! its absolutly awsome!! GL is really doing good on this movie!!

gunchips
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When i saw the poster for the first time, I had the impression that the Vader's helmet received several blows of baseball stick!!!!!!

Spectr4L
Hmm...It appears as if Anakin is bending over to pick something up.

He dropped his BLUE lightsaber maybe? Who knows... stick out tongue

scramba2000
It's ok. I never expected the Teaser poster to be that good anyway. IMO the previous prequel posters sucked though this to me is the best of the bunch...

tlbauerle
Scramba baby...the episode one teaser rocked.

gunchips
ENJOY!!!

http://img46.exs.cx/img46/4015/ep3teaser-hires.jpg

DeVi| D0do
SWEET!

JKozzy
Where'd that come from? huh

I like big grin

gunchips
Oh sorry, the link is not functional.

here's the pic again:

http://img28.exs.cx/img28/5963/ph-10023.jpg

§pearhead
hot damn eek! nice find

JediJim
Great Pic... thumb up smile

gunchips
It's a hi-res copy available only for mags & medias.

El Toro
is there a bigger version?

thnx man, well done.

mauler
Wow!!!! Nice work. Thank yo so much gunchips!!!!
Happy Dance

Jedi Priestess
Well I like the concept, but the Vader side looks like a cartoon to me. messed Heres hoping the movie poster is more to my liking.

mauler
Here's a look at the teaser posters from Episodes past and ROTS
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/news20041028.html

Alfeetoe
Is it just me, or is that the worst frickin poster I have EVER seen? TERRIBLE!

Looks like Jabba in that cape!

This was on AICN anyways.

But thanks for posting.

cal31
He had a red lightsaber in the AOTC teaser poster.

cal31
Indeed, have that one hanging up on my wall big grin

cal31
No matter what it looked like, not everyone will be pleased.

tlbauerle
Um...I never heard anyone whine about the episode one teaser.

Jedi Priestess
Thats cause it was COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! yes

darktim1
well I'll buy it sometime it looks cool hope official poster has some more stuff on it.

MornGlory
ummmm... Hayden Christiansen has been drinking some milk- YUM

Lyn
I don't mind it I guess. I liked the other prequel teasers better but...still looks amazing!

Morridini
Jabba? It's Darth Vader's mask, not Jabba.

Jedi Priestess
That may be but it still looks like Jabba the Hutt. That was my very first impression. No wait, my first impression was "Oh, ick!"

cylob49
its kind of trippy.........the cape effect looks like the kind of thing you see when you stare at a carpet for too long after some 'shrooms

so i hear

it looks like a vadersuit jabba hybrid ......like vader tried teleporting and jabba jumped in the teleporter just at the last minuite.....which of course would be impossible as jabbas so fricking huge but i think you get my point
vader steps out teleportation complete
goes about his buisness for a few days and starts getting female imperial officers(thats a point why no female imperials in the movies????) to wear slave girl outfits and finds himself booking the MAX REBO BAND to do some shows on the death star to entertain the troops

yeah deffo like something you see while on psychadelics!!!

cylob49
QUOTE-
"That may be but it still looks like Jabba the Hutt. That was my very first impression. No wait, my first impression was "Oh, ick!"

ok you beat me to it!!

tpaquin
I don't really like it. Looks kinda weird and awkward to me.

cylob49
Jabba....Darth Helmet.......Humpty Dumpty all spring to mind.
its the teaser theyre trying to be subtle but it dont work
who designed it??

Freakin' Jedi
For ****'s sake.... that's the worst Star Wars poster of all time! sick

TheElectricFox
Funny how he has a red saber...

Freakin' Jedi
Well, it still sucks. Even in Hi-Res. *lol*

Stunrun
I dunno. The more i look at it, the better it getswink great pic, i said there would be a hi-res version available

DaveTheHutt
Just when I was starting to feel optimistic about Ep3, this turd plops out.

Frankly, this is an embarassment of the highest order - it's the sort of thing that sounds great in concept, but just doesn't work in practice. It looks amateurish and just plain silly.

Maybe it'll look better on a theatre's wall, but that's a pretty big 'maybe'.

Hutt out

Stunrun
ya mean this poster isnt big enough for ya eek!

its sooo big, i cant get it on my desktop sad !

Darth_Decimator
i like it , its not fantastic and couldve been better , but in my opinion its pretty cool , cant wait for the next one that will kick f@#$in ass !!

LandoSpeeder
this poster is real! It was released today at star wars website! You can by it here!Happy Dance

ht*p://shop,star wars,com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=503&ReferrerID=SWCMTP-00001

Stunrun
Does the poster have a tag line like the " A jedi shall not know love" thingy, on the AOTC teaser?

Stunrun
This tag-line would rock cool " I dont like lava. It's hot, and irritating and it gets everywhere." - just a little something from TFN big grin

Jedi Priestess
he had a red saber in the teaser for AOTC

Ushgarak
Merged

vader519
I thionk the poster looks awesome. If I had to rate itwith the other two, this comes in second to the Episdoe 1 teaser poster with young Anakin Skywalker walking in the sand, and the Vader shadow on the hut. Hopefully they put the poster up in the movie theatres by next week so I can see when I go see the teaser trailer.

Commander
Can you also recognize three Vaders in the cape? That is the reason, why he looks so bizarre.

Stunrun
cant wait for the theatrical poster. I almost sh** myself when i went to see a movie, and i saw the theatrical poster for AOTC for the first time eek! i got a cool chill down my spine, as i have everytime when i see a star wars movie cool

jjwil76
that poster sucks. can't wait to see the drew struzan version

waynerobsonuk
Wayne's rant:
mad mad mad mad

I've contained myself pretty well over this poster so far but as popeye says "I cant stands no more!" Whichever fool at Lucas Arts designed and released this as the teaser poster should be hung drawn and quartered. It's got to be one of the worst teaser posters in history. The quality of the artwork is terrible, although the concept could have worked if the artwork of vader in the cloak had been done by someone who looked like they could actually draw FFS!
When I compare this one to either of the other 2 from the prequels it is sorely lacking in any class or style. for the love of god! 90% of all fan art is better quality than this. My 1st reaction I have to admit when I saw this teaser was "someone's never trying to pass that shit off as official are they?" This has to be the biggest let down (star wars related only laughing out loud ) since the advent of jar jar sodding binks. One can only pray the movie is better than the teaser poster. I did actually entertain the notion for a moment that maybe this was a lucas wind-up and they wont release the REAL poster till the 5th. This will do nothing but harm the image of the movie.
Think about it for a moment........... If this wasn't star wars would you even THINK of seeing any film with a poster as bad as that?
I can't believe I am getting this wound up over a poster laughing out loud laughing out loud Jesus I've turned into super fan-boy...PMSL

Wayne...
PS. sorry if this rant offends anyone but I really needed to get this off my chest

Sith Master X
omg!!! I can't believe you don't like the poster. lol I think it's brilliant. But that's my opinion. stick out tongue

This has been my favorite poster yet.

AddictedToBoys
The line on the poster is just like something anakin said in AOTC.
"i don't sand. It's hot and irritating and it gets everywhere"
its like they toke that line and rewrote it and put it on the poster.

ajrocksteady
Yo........that poster is SOOOOOOOO awesome i wanna scream. I wonder if we'll actually see him with a red pre-suit, since the duel is blue on blue. hhmmmmmmmmmm

tlbauerle
NO we won't. It's a freakin advertisement designed to elicit just such a reaction. IT DOESN'T MEAN HE WILL HAVE A RED SABER.

Freak n' A!

jedijunky1138
Personally I don't like the poster. I think it could have been a lot better.

DARTH DADDY
ok , I'll put my pennies woth in. I also think that it could have been better. The other posters pointed towards something. This one is pointing, but...I don't know. If it had been the poster with him in the hallway then I think more people would have been happy. I do agree that you can't please everybody though.

DARTH DADDY
I just looked at it again. the reason that it looks weird is because the mask is actually his cape flowing in the air. It still could have been a different poster though.

moonwalker741
This is from tf.n

EP3: Hidden Characters in Episode III Teaser Poster?
Fri, Oct 29, 04 01:39:56 PM EDT

Todd has sent in an annotated version of the Episode III poster which he believes contains some hidden characters:

The Teaser is a collage that has several characters (The Emperor, Grievous, Boba Fett) in it. People are not seeing it .... so I made a screenshot to help (above left).

The teaser poster has at least two Vaders in it. The obvious one and another (above right).

Todd is not alone - one of our staff members sees the possible Grievous. Click on the images above to check them out.

http://img48.exs.cx/img48/1628/rots_teaser-characters01.jpg
http://img48.exs.cx/img48/5347/rots_teaser-characters02.jpg

PVS
just saw this at tf.net and i have no idea wtf they are seeing

moonwalker741
i see grevous and palpatine...

i'll photoshop it...give me a minute

Stunrun
i see everything except boba fett. How is he in that poster?

PVS
you are all stoned and hallucinating!!!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue

SAY NO TO DRUGS!!!! stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

moonwalker741
http://img33.exs.cx/img33/3279/gjgm.jpg

the red part i selected i think is grevous

the blue is palpatine

Stunrun
The Vader alikeness in the shoulder looks better than the big vader. Why not edit it out, so u just see his cloak plus the shoulder thingy lol

no offence PVS, are u blind!? or are u just not looking too deep into it, which is understandablewink

Stunrun
hold up! it could just be this wacky backy im smoking smokin'

PVS
looking too deep into it? you took the words out of my mouth.
its just coincidental shapes, like in clouds. look hard enough you might find nixon.

Stunrun
a bit like that "face" they found on the surface of mars, though it was just coincidence

Stunrun
yep ya changed my view, case closedbig grin

Jedi Priestess
Moon I think you are on drugs and they aint even good drugs. messed There isnt anything hidden in there babe.

PVS
its not just moon JP, check out TF.Net

vorphalack
Yeah even with the little arrows pointing to the parts that they THINK are hidden characters, I still dont see it.....

-V

Jedi Priestess
Fatboy at MF made this one and I think its way better myself

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/OfficialE3Teaserremixsmall.jpg

Stunrun
yipppeee! nice find jpwink glad to see a real looking vader, instead of that crappy art 1

Freakin' Jedi
Hidden faces or not, it still sucks. Gee... I can't believe how ugly the poster is! It's a shame for a Star Wars Poster, but I think it's fantastic to scare kids.....

cal31
See, you're are taking it just for it's face value. Just as the EP I poster with Vader's shadow, it represented how he couldn't escape his destiny to become Vader. This one shows that the transformation is almost complete. His identity as Vader is just below the surface and he is starting to show what he will become, which is shown on the poster as his cape draping over the Vader helmet and only revealing the breating mask, again showing that the Vader in him is just beginning to show.

vanyoda
Moonwalker , I just had a couple of beers and I found
three more hidden people.

http://tinypic.com/f1i89

Jedi Priestess
LMAO van

GCG
no ; actually i do see palpatine..and thats all I see

no GG or Fett

queeq
laughing out loud

It makes sense if there's more. I think the Boba Fett thing (top right side of the Vader shape) makes sense in a way... But it's all a bit much, isn't it? Too complex, too much, too unclear... Irony has it that the worst SW movie ever had the most excellent teaser poster ever: TPM.

jjwil76
nice reply van. was going to do the same thing myself. you can "hide" the entire star wars universe in there and the poster would still suck bantha balls!

GCG
what they could have done was an animation just to clear the doubts up

queeq
Where's the fun in that?

GCG
eh ? u talking to me ?

if so, allow me to retort:

in a 2 second animation i would suggest that whilst the wind blows anakin's cloak, they could make appear a hint of the emperor, Fett , GG, the Vader Mask and whoever they want to include.

moonwalker741
laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud

tahts actually very good.......

gunchips
Check out my new sig!!

THE NEW EP3 VADER!!!!

tlbauerle
That is frickin' hilarious.

gunchips
laughing laughing laughing laughing

davesmolo
Wow...I see Watto

jjwil76
looks a bit like jabba

rogue21579
it looks like he is trying to smile

Stunrun
hahahaha can any one see an image of Jar jar in gunchips sig? LMAObig grin
or is it just me stick out tongue

p.s - am a little drunk, and high smokin' btw

Stunrun
holy cow! it is jar Jarstick out tongue anyone see what i see?

His head starts from the eyes, and his neck is just above the nose piece. U can also see his shoulders below his eyes. Man that's scary embarrasment

Silver Stardust
...am I the only one who likes this poster? I think it has a very simplistic, artsy style to it and I like it a lot.

cal31
I like it for it's deeper meaning, which obviously a lof of people did not get. They just looked at it and said it did not look like Vader enough

§pearhead
laughing out loud the moustache works

Cipher
The poster is very lame except for Anakin in an all black outfit with a red sab er.......

I hate the cape part. Why didn't they go with the design of the supposed theater banner with Ani surrounded by the outline of Vader? Would've been much better to me....

Darth_Decimator
the more i see this poster the more i like it , sure the vader helmet doesnt look fantastic but hayden just looks plain awesome it wouldve been cool if he was a bit bigger in it tho , but still im loving this poster , best teaser yet imo , jake lloyd really ruins the episode I teaser for me , i hate his performance more than jar jar

waynerobsonuk
look hard and long enough at anything and you will see whatever you are looking for. I can't see a damn thing apart from what looks like a very vague representation of chewie. Why have I got a feeling this theory is gonna run and run over the years?
I think the guys over at TFN have been taking way too many death sticks laughing out loud I've looked at every size and resolution of this poster I can and still think it's terrible. Besides there's no point putting hidden meanings into posters that most people will only see as they pass by in a cinema.

Wayne..

§pearhead
there IS no secret meaning though messed it's all quite obvious

Stunrun
i have to agree with cal's view of the vader. The beginings of Vader are starting to show, so it doesnt have to look just like him. Also remember the face is formed from the folds of Anakin's cloak

Jedi Priestess
Where's Waldo?

queeq
Pepper?

Jedi Priestess
no you goof....Waldo from the Where's Waldo books stick out tongue

queeq
Oh, that one. There's quite a bunch of Waldos around.

Jedi Priestess
Indeed speaking of could you merge the other thread that says Huge teaser poster into this one please? Seeing as you are an expert at "merging" wink

queeq
I am.... don't know about threads though.... hehehhehe

Jedi Priestess
not that good eh?

Darth_Decimator
i can only see a face where everone says its grievous and boba fett , i dont see grievous and fett mind you , just a face , its a cool poster

NoMeN
i can only see the 2nd vader, the big ass one.

Stunrun
Its just pure coincidence, except for the vader mask on Anakin's shoulder. That part is well coolbig grin

moonwalker741
ok i made my own poster....

big version
http://img99.exs.cx/img99/6663/changedrots.jpg

small version
http://img99.exs.cx/img99/8522/changedrotssmall.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>