Fahrenhype 9/11

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
For those of you who for some reason took Michael Moore's movie "Fahrenheit 9/11" as truth, I strongly urge you to watch the documentary "Fahrenhype 9/11". It is the truth behind the lies of Michael Moore's documentary.

MornGlory
big grin O wow! I thought I was the only one who had watched FareinHype (sp?) 9/11

I LOVED it

Michael Moore cut out a lot of important stuff--- he used people in his movie with out their permission

Shame on you- Michael Moore!!
war

Cinemaddiction
Is it available for rent? I heard it was an Overstock.com exclusive..

MornGlory
you can rent it or buy it @ a store like Best Buy or Circuit City

Myth
Agreed. That is unfair to those people. My favorite line in the movie was a joke about Moore being un-American. "He is un-American. And he isn't British... he must be French." LOL! laughing

BackFire
I saw it at Walmart the other day. Not interested in it. Don't need a movie to tell me that Micheal Moore is full of it.

eleveninches
Who saw Michael moore on Question time last night?

MildPossession
Yep saw him on that, was interesting to watch. Can't believe they got some man from The Sun newspaper lol! one of the worst newspapers here in Britain.

spamandreeses
why is he un-american? do you mean he isn't patriotic? i think he is more patriotic than george bush....and if i was american and people said micheal moore was un-american then i would be rushing out of there pretty quick.

question time was brilliant. i HATE richard littlejohn and am really pissed off tat he was representing Britian...the british do not think like that right wing prat. we did not support the war and do think bush should apologize.

ragesRemorse
why would i buy a movie filled with twisted biast exxagerations, and knowledge that is commenly known from reading the news paper? People really went orgasmic over this film, i guess it shows how gullable and naive people can be.

Lord Soth
Oh yes....who would I rather listen to? Hyper-conservative freedom-restricting liars, or hyper-liberal conspiracy theorist radicals? I'll take the liberals anyday.

wuTa
are you serious?...i'll take neither..liberals and consertives are both lying manipulative fools and anyone who bases there opinion behind someone just on the fact that theyre liberal or conservative is just as foolish

Lord Soth
I was saying if I had to pick

ragesRemorse
yeah, but then again. In your eyes conservatives restrict freedoms, but in the eyes of a conservative liberals restrict freedoms. extreme liberalis and conservatives have a disease. they never talk to each other, only at each other. I personally dont have the patience to speak with people who say that liberals or conservatives restrict freedoms or bring this country down. I dont like to put titles on my religoun or politcal views.

BackFire
Say what you will about Micheal moore and his movies, but if someone makes a whole movie as a retort to another movie, it did something right.

lil bitchiness
Woah, Im in a full agreement with BF here. He must have hit a nerve if someone made a another movie as a ''come back''

RaventheOnly
Which one you talkin about? stick out tongue

RaventheOnly
Not exactly. Documentaries are making counterpoints to other documentaries many times all the time big grin

forumcrew
what people dont get is michael moores movie was still a movie, he is trying to make a point, he doesnt totaly lie but he doesnt tell you the other side of the story either... and why should he? he cant convince people of his point by telling them why hes wrong... anyone who changes their opinion bases on a movie like farenhight anyway is an idiot.. there should be a political test you have to pass before you can vote because most people dont know dick.. by the way im not saying michael moore is right or wrong or anything just that its a movie and it should be biases

MornGlory
love it when that one guy who lost his limps - calls Michael moore a nazi laughing out loud

MornGlory
sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

Darth Revan
Rather ironic how you put a smilie that says "war is not the answer" in a post about how bad Fahrenheit 9/11 (an anti-war movie, just in case you've only seen this "Fahrenhype" thing but not the actual movie) is, hmm?

Anyways, I agree with forumcrew. I enjoyed Fahrenheit 9/11, but anybody who thinks Michael Moore is trying to present everything as fact is a dumbass. I absolutely hate it when people say Mike Moore is biased. No shit, Sherlock? Wow, and this whole time I thought I was watching the evening news! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Samas-adian
Check out www.suntimes.com/ebert for a review of Fahranhype 9/11. Its pretty interesting.
I also agree from BackFire's statement. I find it stupid to release a movie going against one single guy's point of view.They're just adding fuel to the fire.

Darth Revan
Indeed they are... Really they're only making Moore's movie more successful by giving it more publicity. If they had any sense, they would just leave it alone and let people believe it. If you're a liberal, you're going to be closer to agreeing with Fahrenheit 9/11 than this Fahrenhype thing no matter what. Useless trying to change people's minds.

Samas-adian
True, especially if they dont have the talent to make a decent movie. Atleast Moore has the ability to make a good movie no matter what your position is.

sk8stuff09
FareinHype 911 is a stupid republican movie. Those **** cant handle the truth that theyre voting for an idiot.

WindDancer
^So by that type of logic everyone that likes Fareinhype 911 is a Republican? I wonder where does the stupidity really come from.

spamandreeses
you are a bit sick then aren't you?

micheal moore was providing one side of a story yes...but you have the other side of the story too in the media, in the news, in what the government says. he is trying to help people understand the stuff that the government doesn't want you to know.
to be totally honest george bush is a big prat and fahrenheit 9/11 helps prove this to the world so i love it.

to be honest the trouble with america is that there are no liberals really. the whole country is very right wing.... compared to liberals in england moore prob is more right wing but i like him because at least he sees a prob with his country and recognizes its needs to become more liberal...and he has the guyts to say it.

i jusrt saw the quote : "If you accept Moore's values, you cannot ethically criticize what happened on September 11, 2001" and it makes me want to cry...that is the sickest stupidest thiing i have heard in my life

Curl_Up&Dye
Although it was a good movie rebuttle to Farenheight, all I could do is roll my eyes as I walked by the display at the video store...just one more childish piece in the playground mudslinging path this years election has decided upon

MC Mike
Both movies are full of shit.

But Bush is full of more shit. smile

Darth Revan
I don't think that's true about liberals.... I think we just live in a country full of very easily brainwashed people who will believe anything. I also think the media grossly misrepresents the voting public. There are more liberals here than you would think from watching the news. It's just that the vast majority of true liberals don't vote.

bgaarsoe
This is classic!

After reading many of the reviews in this thread, I was still ambivalent about whether this was a worthwhile movie--that is until I read the above comment: Any conservative movie that can turn an ordinarily loving, compassionate, socially conscious liberal into a seething, hate-filled, republican-like homophobe must be hitting its mark!

The video is now on order. Thanks sk8stuff09.

Jodo kast
You mean the French are Nazi's?

Konjammenson
Don't you love it how upset Michael Moore fans get as soon as they taste their own medicine?

AMN Inc
French, Nazi, Liberal... All nothing but labels used by primitive, ignorant fools.

People like Myth and MornGlory are so pathetically desperate to belong to a group for the sake of acceptance that they will participate in any intellectual-bashing, simple-minded, emotional nonsense that they consider necessary to avoid being called "unpatriotic". People like them cheer mindlessly at catchphrases and flag-waving while giving unquestioning support to people they'd "like to have a beer with" and "represent moral values". What morals have the Republicans demonstrated in the last four years? Get off your lazy moronic asses and read a newspaper.

Jodo kast
Yeah

SaTsuJiN
next friday Im going to be watching the actual movie by MM in psychology class...call me crazy but these propaganda films are tiring

MornGlory
yawn Michael Moore is tiring - and boring me

darth revan leave me alone.... mad

Myth
Originally posted by AMN Inc
French, Nazi, Liberal... All nothing but labels used by primitive, ignorant fools.

People like Myth and MornGlory are so pathetically desperate to belong to a group for the sake of acceptance that they will participate in any intellectual-bashing, simple-minded, emotional nonsense that they consider necessary to avoid being called "unpatriotic". People like them cheer mindlessly at catchphrases and flag-waving while giving unquestioning support to people they'd "like to have a beer with" and "represent moral values". What morals have the Republicans demonstrated in the last four years? Get off your lazy moronic asses and read a newspaper. [/

LOOK! AN ASSUMING *******!

So you are saying that I am a Republican so I can fit in? Look at where I f*cking live. I live in the Portland area which is (drum role) in THE MOST LIBERAL COUNTY IN THE NATION! 79% of this county voted for Kerry so don't say I am a Republican because I feel the need to fit in. Within the area, I live at (drum role) THE MOST LIBERAL COLLEGE! A college wide vote showed an 83% turnout for Kerry. So again, don't say I am Republican because I "so pathetically desperate to belong to a group for the sake of acceptance". Look again! An assumption: "like to have a beer with" Guess what? I am 20 years old and I have never had any alcohol and I avoid all alcoholic parties. The one thing that you did get some what right is that I have morals. Is that bad? And no, mine are not based on religious beliefs. Even if you think that several Republicans have not helped with moral standings, Kerry was not going to help with what "I" believe in. One more assumption: I need to get off my "lazy moronic ass and read a newspaper". Right. First of all, you are Austrailian! You most likely get less news about what the f*ck is going on over here. You don't like America? Fine, stay the f*ck away. Second, this lazy ass who needs to read a paper, does so read the papers, reads the crap on the internet, and takes political science classes in college from professors as liberal as possible who definitely express their teachings from a democratically bias view. However, they are smart enough to respect others opinions unlike you.

Darth Surgent
yawn

Lord Soth
Conservative think that liberals threaten freedom, not resdtirct it. For some reason they believe that following the ideologies of America to the letter means we're terrorists for some sh** like that

Lord Soth
Our own medicine my ass. Michael Moore is asking serious questions in his documentaries. Sure, he's biased, but he's trying to make a point. People like Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly are simply attacking Michael Moore, and making no point whatsoever, only to take potshots at him, like the French thing.

MC Mike
Is that your only reply to his valid argument? Beautiful. thumb up

Myth
We have people like that on both sides and it pisses me off. I hate it when somebody (Dem or Rep) completely tries to force their ways upon another by simply saying the other side is stupid. I believe some people SHOULD be Democratic and some people SHOUlD be Republican because you should side with whoever has YOUR priorities. Some have different priorities and I respect that. Example: I have been attacked and called stupid for simply being a Republican when people haven't even heard my reasons or beliefs for why I am Republican. I know some Republicans do the same to Democrats. People like that on both sides are retarded.

Myth
I wouldn't say that Fahrenhype was useless. Sure it is useless to liberals because they are bias just like Fahrenheit is useless to conservatives. Where the struggle really was, was between the undecided. Conservatives didn't want undecided voters to take Moore's opinions as truth so they released this one to cancel it out.

KharmaDog
Moore made a movie with an admitted bias. He made his point whether you agree with it or not is up to you.

But a movie who's soul purpose is to attack a previous documentary is just sad and validates the points of that movie that it is attacking. And anyone who would associate with Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly needs a lobotomy.

BadKitty
I couldn't have said it better myself...

bgaarsoe
I think it is contemptible for anyone to try to gain cheap political points by comparing people they disagree with to Nazis. This type of comparison is so contemptible that it should be reserved for those who are truly diabolical, like Sadam Husein, not mere political opponents. But I don't think the soldier interviewed in the movie is doing this. Instead, he is simply saying that Mr. Moore himself would not appreciate being misrepresented the way the military folks were misrepresented in Mr. Moore's movie. That is, the soldier speculated that Mr. Moore himself would not appreciate someone misrepresenting him--calling Moore a Nazi, for example.

Although I do typically enjoy cocktail-party psychology, my experience has been that it typically misses the mark, and I think your comments are no exception. I am not convinced that conservatives are motivated by a need to "fit in." If this were true, they would clearly side with liberals, not conservatives. What does conservativism have to offer beyond the myth of objective morality, simple-mindedness and flag-waving patriotism? I'm kind of drawing a blank here. Liberalism, on the other hand, affords it converts the opportunity to become members of an exclusive club: The intellectual elite. As members of this exclusive club, converts to liberalism have many opportunities to lord their intellectual superiority over the simple-minded, uneducated masses. Moreover, liberalism invariably provides its converts with a magnified sense of social enlightenment. Make no mistake. This is a powerful combination. Anyone who has not experienced the level of person gratification that invariably results from feeling singularly--but selectively--compassionate towards the less fortunate and intellectually superior to the plebeian masses really should give liberalism a try.

No, I don't think it is a question of "fitting in." Most conservatives I know simply don't have the elitist mindset that modern liberalism seems to require.

Myth
I don't mind your comments as long as you are saying "most" and not saying "all" but at the same time, it sounds like you are implying that Republicans are uneducated. As I said, both sides have their retards. I have my reasons for being Republican as many others have theirs for being Democratic. For example, I strongly disagree with abortion (and not because of religious reasons, if you want to know why, check that section), I disagree with much of the use of welfare (I don't think it is bad, but needs to be fixed rather than just increased like Dems want to do), and I support the war (I strongly believe in justice. I know there was no WMDs and all that crap but order still needed to be brought to that country). There are other reasons as well. However, this does not mean I am one of those retards as well that just vote along party lines. I vote according to what I think is right or wrong, or the best options and it just so happens that most of the things I agree with are Republican views. But as I said, I don't just vote along party lines because that is stupid. I ended up voting for 4 candidates that actually had opponents and 1 of them was a Democrat over a Republican. Also, there are things like the gay issue which I lean more towards the liberal side. Honestly, what I'd propose is a separation between church and state completely in that category: having civil unions and marriage completely separate. Civil unions would acknowledge a couple as being "together" under law. This would give gays ALL of the same rights as straights. Then we could leave marriage COMPLETELY up to the churches. This would be NOTHING but the title of "marriage." This way, even Mormon's could have multiple wives under their religion yet it wouldn't give any extra benefits for having multiple spouses (which is the typical argument against multiple spouses).

But anyway, stop refering to Republicans for being uneducated just for having different beliefs than you have. I do not do that to you, I wish you would do that for me.

Konjammenson
See?

AMN Inc
OK, I think I got a little carried away, I apologise. A lot of what I said was generalisation. But Myth, let me ask you this about Iraq: what kind of means to order is war?

Myth
Apology accepted. I think the war was necessary to bring justice to the people of Iraq. The news goes frantic with the rebels of Iraq making it look like nobody wants us there, which is untrue. Most Iraqis have been happy to have us there freeing them from Saddam's rule. Heck, I wouldn't call it justice when athletes get their fingers cut off for simply not winning in the Olympics as well. Plus Saddam was a definite threat as well to the United States. Sure he didn't have any WMDs (anymore) but he had plans to build more and I don't feel a dictator such as him should be in power with possession of such weapons. Then again, this is just my opinion and others may not think that this does justify war.

AMN Inc
Even under the assumption that Hussein had plans to build weapons, does that make him more of a threat than India or Korea, who have nuclear weapons? Besides, I have seen accounts of Iraqis saying that Iraq is in an even worse state now than it was under Hussein, and that no action takes place without the approval of Illawi (sp) the Prime Minister, almost making him a dictator himself. The footage of innumerable civilian casualties in Farhenheit 9/11 makes one wish the U.S. had taken a more careful approach.

Lord Soth
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Konjammenson
roll eyes (sarcastic)

cgtuna21
I quite liked the documentary. It's one of the best of 2004. You can hate Michael Moore all you want but he puts a lot of descriptions in it and I can understand that most of you guys hate him but he's making a point to the audience. He doesn't care if he gets laughed at

Konjammenson
^^ why do so many people defend michael moore witht he knowledge that he packs a whole lot of crap in his films. As if acknowledging that there are deceptions is o.k. because he's making a point. In other words, it is as if you are saying we should agree with people who lie to us simply because they are expressing themselves.

AMN Inc
I've noticed that Moore omits facts sometimes or structures things in a way that promote his point of view, but the word "deception" and the word "lie" are not interchangable.

bgaarsoe

bgaarsoe

bgaarsoe
Check it out when you have some time. Here are the synonyms for deceive I just found in the dictionary:

Mislead
Trick

Take in (such as being taken in by gratuitous images of civilian suffering, I suppose.)

Betray

Lie to

Swindle
Con
Misinform
Dupe

et al.

AMN Inc
First I'm gonna respond to this and I might reposnd to your longer post when I have the time. Deception is not defined by lying. That's what I was saying. If I was to only use selection of detail that supported my point without acknowledging the case against my argument, that could be intentional deception by giving people the idea that there are no valid points against me. However, I have not actually said that; that would be lying.

bgaarsoe

bgaarsoe

JohnG
I appreciate the fact that this guy is not simply spewing venomous hatred for the Michael Moore detractors in this forum like so many other people have. I think this guy might actually have a little bit of objectivity here. I do want to mention, however, that I don't think any of us here would care too much about being laughed at if we were making millions of dollars off of dishonest, libelous propaganda.

bgaarsoe
I personally struggle with the term documentary: The root of this word means to document. That is, a documentary is supposed to document something objectively, not to proselytise a particular point of view.

JohnG
And the purpose of these lobotomies, of course, would be to put conservatives on equal footing with Michael Moore's liberal lemmings.

AMN Inc
Another American using the word liberal in an insulting context. Do you even know what the definition of the word is or do you only care that Sean Hannity, a guy on a "news" channel that claims to be patriotic, seems to?

I suggest you read this article, or you can give it's author a label and ignore it completely.

dlandrith
AMN Inc,

A note on labels: Imagine a grocery store in which cans and boxes had no labels at all. When they are used properly, they help us to differentiate and clarify things. Thus, allow me to clarify something: You're out of your league here. Specifically, you're getting eaten alive by bgaarsoe.

dlandrith

Darth_Big_Boy
I almost picked this up at the video store today but decided to wait. I'll grab it tomorrow.

Scarpa
Ill check it out

Jackie Malfoy
I thought I waas going to barf when I saw that movie.It is so stupid.JM

Cinemaddiction
huh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.