Yoda Vs Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Amidala
Forgive me if this one is old but - i havent read spoilers for a while and i was wondering.

Does the little green guy take on dooku with his lightsaber? i can remember that it was being worked on but the werent sure if the CG would work well enough to do it. having seen the CG yoda in the trailers i was wondering if they actually went thru with it? I am thinking they did.

He-Man
The guy who saw said he saw the movie said Yoda was there and looked good smile
I still find it hard to belive he already saw it.

Amidala
I am a little dubious on that myself. i mean if you read the spoilers then you can easily pretend that you have seen it. This is the same guy that talks about the deathstar being in it, i mean in the background on a holo viewer? i think he has a good imagination but it doesnt add up.

i hope they had the guts to go thru with Yoda, havent we all been waiting for it? i mean to see how good he is.

i could never picture him fighting until i played dark forces II when you fight the little yoda size dark jedi dude.

he must have some other weapons other then a saber, i mean he can hardly walk, i really dont want to see him run. ILM have proven that character movement is out of their league.

He-Man
Well, if his in it, we propably won't see him using any other weapons than just lightsaber. I mean...I think lightsaber's already a bit too much. He should only use the force for fighting, but if he really does look good then saber's OK too.

Anyway Yoda isn't that big thing for me, but the Tusken camp scene would have been great if they wouldn't have cut that.

I sure hope the Death Star thing's true. That would be cool.
cool

yerssot
Can someone put "Spoilers" in the threadtitle, please!

That guy you are talking about also gave the rough cut of TPM wich was nearly correct (little things were wrong)

And last time I heared they were going to do it

LanceWindu
When did they cut the Tusken camp scene???

He-Man
I don't really know they did, but I read from TF.N, Episode-X or what ever, that they only show us the part when Anakin comes out of the tent and cuts the head...and then it would cut to the scene where Anakin returns to home.

I think that would be a little too violent for a Star Wars movie anyway, so I don't think it will be in. sad

LanceWindu
That really sucks.

He-Man
Yeah

yerssot
it's good they didn't got it in!

It IS a childrensmovie, remember!

LanceWindu
Yes but it is a pivital point in the saga. Anakin shows his dark side tendencies.

He-Man
Yerssot, are you a kid???
It's not really a kids movie...there's a lot of stuf kids don't really understand like the political things.

I don't get the 'kids movie' thing anyway. I mean I used to like when there was some violence in the movies when I was a kid.

yerssot
Yes, I'm a kid

Explain me how it comes that 14 year old kids are allowed to see the movie without parental guidence

He-Man
No, I'm not gonna explain anything.

mah
I wouldn't call SW a childrens film, even if kids are allowed to watch it.

yerssot
it gets that name when those people can see it

mah
a childrens movie is a movie aimed at kids, land not for a broad age-group

yerssot
if there is a movie aloud for children they will watch it and get that label

mah
well I have seen dramas aimed at very old people; but still without rating, is that a childrens movie?smile

yerssot
drama is not a moviegenre children will watch, animation, action, etc. is something different

mah
the South Park movie was allowed for 11-year olds here, would you consider it a childrens movie?

yerssot
yes, because it's a cartoon

mah
it was rated for matures only in most countries, so just because it got low ratings here doesnt mean its a childrens movie, which shows ratings doesnt matter when deciding if its a kiddie movie.

yerssot
nevertheless it's a cartoon

mah
a cartoon is NOT necessarily a childrens movie.

yerssot
but that's what most people think

mah
not concerning south parksmile

yerssot
in a country that knows it perhaps

mah
no one who has seen a south park episode would mean it's for kids

yerssot
ah, now you think everyone sees the series

mah
roll eyes (sarcastic) smile
lets make myself clear:
1: you say ratings decide if its a childrens film
2: in USA and other countries the ratings were high, here low. this means that by your theory its a childrens movie here, and an adult movie in USA, while it's the same movie!!!!!!!

yerssot
nah, ratings give the impression if it's a childrens movie

Julie
Who cares ..... it's Star Wars!

LanceWindu
Yeah listen to Julie. I wouldn't care if it was for children. I like it because I do. That's that.

Amidala
mmm. I dont think fantasy/sci-fi is either exclusively a childrens or an adults domain. You either enjoy it or you dont. My love of it has not swayed a bit from when i was a child to now, unlike almost everything else i liked when i was a child that has been removed from daily life.

I think that ratings are a guide to who is allowed to watch a movie not who the target audience is. but to be fair i think that GL has the rating in mind when he does the edit. Think of the $$$ he would lose if it came out as MA or R rated or whatever ratings your country uses to protect the young.

No toy sales either, my god nosmile

Although GL did say that II and III would make only a fraction of what EPI made because it has heavy themes. maybe he was talking about the rating it would get. like who isnt going to take their kid to see star wars unless it has a very high rating.

yerssot
guideline? Well, if a movie is 18+ here, and you are 17, you can't get in, so that's not a guideline

master harmax
I think Star Wars is something that generally appeals to a pretty wide age group range .... 12 year olds trip on it for certain reasons .... whether its certain characters, or the special effects or the magical mystery of it .... older people on certain themes and relationships between characters .... I'm 27 now ... when I first saw Star Wars .... i.e. ANH, it was about 15/ 16 years back when I was about 12/13. At that time more than anything else it was the special effects , and the space scenes ... I can't forget what I felt when, for the first time in my life, I saw the shot of that huge star destroyer in the very first shot of the very first scene in the movie, when the camera pans down after the opening titles .....
it was an incredible feeling ! And the ending space battle and dogfights ... and Darth Vader looked SOOOO cool !! All that kind of stuff ...

Now when I'm 27, I trip on more maturer subjects .... the concept of the force for instance .... it is totally true to real life .... using the force .... especially for what I do, i.e. play jazz music, the heart of which is improvisation and spontaenity ... whenever I go with my instincts, and " use the force " when playing ... putting in the background what I have theoretically / technically imbibed .....
I seem to play stuff which is beyond what I know or have learnt ... which is not coming from me but from somewhere outside ... from the ether almost !

So Star Wars is like that ... whether u r 12 or 30 ... u will find things to trip on in the movie ... even now, I try to become 12, to try and recapture what I felt at that age, whenever I see some Star Wars movie ... that feeling of magic and mystery.

But to get back on topic : The Yoda vs. Dooku thing is TOOOO cool to cut from the movie .... I'm inclined to believe it will definitely be there in the movie. In fact, you have to bear in mind that 90% of the people who r going to watch the movie haven't read any spoilers ..... so for them it will be a complete shock and surprise to actually see Yoda fight with a light sabre, kick ass, and show exactly why he is regarded as the supreme jedi master.

It's gonna be one of the movie main trump cards ... which is why there was absolutely no indication of it given in the trailers .... they are going to keep it an absolute surprise to try and yield as much shock value as possible from it, if u know what I mean !

yerssot
although it would also be wizard to see Yoda stepping into the battle and just force-pushing Dooku to the other side of the room, sort of "I enter, YOU leave" thing

master harmax
Or, BOTH ! First he force pushes Dooku, and THEN he kicks his ass in a lightsabre duel ! smokin'

yerssot
nah, he has to push Dooku groggy, then just fool around with him with his sabreskills, showing HE is tha masta!

master harmax
Yeah !! That would be the best ..... smile

yerssot
if you know that he can capture the lightning in his hands and sent them back to the attackerit HAS to mean he's the best of the best!

master harmax
Wow !! He can do that ?? I didn't know he could do that !! If that's so, I wonder how Palpy managed get around him .....

yerssot
ha! Yoda just fled, remember?

master harmax
Wonder why ....

yerssot
because the whole Jedi Order fell apart or became renegades

Ushgarak
Ahem. Star Wars movies ARE kids movies. George Lucas himself says so. They ARE his target audience and always have been.
That it also has family appeal uis rather fortunate, of course.

As for the Yoda/Dooku fight... yukyukyukyukyukyukyuk...

yerssot
Here comes Ush to save the day...

What yukyukyuk?

Ushgarak
Yoda fighting rather disturbs me.

Emperor Helmet
It won't after you see it.

master harmax
Why does Yoda fighting disturb you Ush ?

Ushgarak
Because I cannot imagine it looking anything other than pants. Big fat saggy pants, to quote Edna.

yerssot
that's why I hoped he just stepped in, Dooku looked, Yoda simply Force-Pushes him with only one finger orso to the farside of the room

"No fights, no sabres, no dead
And no-one else has another plan I promise you that!"
big grin

Emperor Helmet
It'll surprise you just how good this scene is going to be.

yerssot
from what I've read, yes;
but I'm still shocked about a few things

Emperor Helmet
What are you shocked at? Lets discuss.

yerssot
the cgi, the idea of a lightsabre for Yoda...

Emperor Helmet
The CGI Yoda is so much better. The facia expressions that he has now could never be done with the puppett. He also is easier to move. Yoda does quite a bit in this film.

I imagine whe all 6 DVD's are released in one box set, every scene where Yoda is the only person seen in the shot, those scenes will all be redone and will be CGI. I think they have to now.

yerssot
I know what the possitive things are about cgi,
problem is; I think he's not the Yoda that I know, nor does he look real, with the colors they used, you can very easily say he's cgi

Emperor Helmet
I think you should wait till you see it on the big screen. The detail even on the computer doesn't show how good he looks.

yerssot
ok...

*crosses fingers*

He-Man
That's not true. Things propably look just the same on the big screen as they do smaller. Luckily I'm happy with that. smile

Ushgarak
A lot of people REALLY hate that cgi Yoda.

But I still think a sabre fight involving Yoda will look rubbish.

Emperor Helmet
I don't agree with any of this.

He-Man
Why is that??? I can see everything from my screen big enough when looking at the biggest version of the trailer on my screen.

However you propably can't see how good the Yoda cgi is from the couple seconds we've seen on the trailer. And the Yoda vs. Dooku will propably look good enough for me.

Emperor Helmet
The detail of Quicktime on your computer screen isn't anywhere near the quality we will see on the big screen or on the DVD.

He-Man
That's very true. But I can still see well enough what the cgi looks like.

peluffo
why somebody still discuss about the colors of the muppet????

First: Is out of discussion that the yoda we love is the TESB or ROTJ yoda, and NOT the HORRIBLE muppet of TPM

Secod: the CGI yoda is FAAAAAAAAAR better than the one of TPM

Third (and last): nobody can compare the TESB muppet with the CGI one and tell THE COLOR IS BAD, cause in TESB &ROTJ yoda always been on a very dark environment, with red light sources. Then, the CGI one is on lighted areas, so, we never can tell that the colors are bad. First we need to see the old YODA on a lighted room, and THEN, we might compare colors.

master harmax
Actually, I wonder how they are pull off that yoda fighting with a lightsabre bit .... but I think it will turn out fine. I think the fact that they are using computer graphics for Yoda this time might make it slightly easier for them to film that scene. I'm not worried ... in fact I think it will be one of the best scenes in the movie.

He-Man
Well it would definetly be almost impossible to make a fight scene for him if he was a puppet.

yerssot
Ush, I agree with you...

A master making his hands dirty roll eyes (sarcastic) wink

Indeed, a cgi Yoda was needed for some things and I hope they will improof him in the movie!

Amidala
Lets hope so. The trailer looks about 1000% better on the big screen than on Quictime, the shots of geonosis and the asteroid field are sensational. And yes Yoda does look very good, you see a lot more detail in his face than in the quicktime and he looks more like the ESB version but a little younger. I think quicktime makes the CG look a little fake, especially the backgrounds, they do not look strange on the film version.

Bantha Fodder
Muppet or CGI character, I only hope that Yoda has some interesting dialogue in AOTC. His speech in TPM was so bad, he had virtually nothing to say, and it was all boring, stilted language, not nearly as cool as from TESB.

Why oh why couldn't Lucas have gotten more help with TPM? He's good at creating broad plot and storylines, but when it comes to dialogue he's so bad.

Word has it that Francis Ford Copolla read the script for ANH and talked Lucas into finding someone to rewrite it...and that is why ANH was so good. In the credits it appears that Lucas did the writing, but in fact he did get help from Lawrence Kasden.

Imagine if TPM had had lines as good as, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany"! It is so sad that a movie with such amazing potential was ruined because Lucas thought he could do it all on his own.

Although I must say it is also surprising that nobody took Lucas aside and told him to ditch the Jar Jar character. Isn't he friends with guys like Spielberg? A true friend of Lucas's would have told him the truth.

yerssot
because YOU are the one nagging about it and other people find him a good character

here are some quotes that I can think of right now that are great:

I will not cooperate
I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war
What does that got to do with anything?
Will I ever see you again?
Wesa no caren about da Naboo
The Chair does not recognise the senator from the Trade Federation at this time
At last we will reveal ourselfs to the Jedi, at last we will have revange
The Chancellor should have never brought them into it, kill them immediatly
Begin landing your troops
Wipe them out; all of them
Oh Gooberfish!
Monsters out there, leaking in here, all sinky and no power, whenna yousa thinking wesa in trouble!!
Oh! Maxi big da Force! Well, that smells stinkowith
Yousa point is well seen
No, he will not be trained ... he's too old
You refer to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force, you believe it's this ... ... boy?
They're still coming through!
The boy is dangerous, they all sense it, why can't you?
Concentrate on the moment, feel don't think, use your instincts
Credits will do fine -No they wonte- Credits WILL do fine -No they WONTE! What you think you're some kinda Jedi waving your hand like that?
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent
Always two there are... a master and an apprentice
Ah, hard to see the dark side is
Fear is the path to the Dark Side, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate ... leads to suffering
I sense much fear in you
There is always a bigger fish
Master, what's a bongo?
Impossible! The sith have been destroyed for over a millenium

(my favorite) He is the Chosen One, you must see it

I will be more then happy to provide any comments on these quotes if you wish

master harmax
Some pretty good lines there ...... my favourite one is ...

Concentrate on the moment, feel don't think, use your instincts

yerssot
read it again, it's there smile

He-Man
That's my favourite too.

It still is true that the dialogue was worse than in the others. Sure it had some good ones, but still.

Julie
Here's a good line: "Now, Viceroy, we will discuss a new treaty."

peluffo
Somebody can explain me what happen with this "Bantha Fodder" and TPM???? All the forum is full with this guy telling that this movie s**cks!
Ok Bantha Fodder, we get that.

Maybe he's a trekkie.

yerssot
may I remind everyone that we are comparing the quotes of ONE movie to the quotes of THREE movies?

Julie
Yes you may, but I don't see how that helps us any...you mind explaining?

yerssot
Yes big grin

You can't say the quotes from TPM are bad if you compare them too THREE movies at the time

He-Man
Why can't she?

Julie
I didn't say anything of the sort ....

yerssot
*smiles*
*nods*

... ... ... can't follow

Julie
I'm lost too
*sigh*...you are confusing you know that!??

yerssot
task three of the official wacko list

Julie
Mission accomplished roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
yeah, otherwhise they would have taken away my neat color!

Julie
Who's the evil "they"?????

yerssot
the big giant head and the small giant head

Julie
confused ...ok...moving on
*takes small step away from Yerssot*

yerssot
the big giant head = Raz
the small giant head = Ushgarak

Why do you step away? It's not that I have eaten garli... *smells breath*... never mind big grin

Julie
laughing out loud
*offers Yerssot a mint*

yerssot
"Mentos, the freshmaker"

Julie
absolutely....I buy them from Coscos in 20 count packages big grin

yerssot
*smells breath again*
I'm going to need them!

Julie
Coscos....20 packs will last even you awhile!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yerssot
are you sure? My breath is unbearable

Julie
*dryly*
can't say that I've had the pleasure...and yes I'm quite sure 20 packs of mentos would be enough to kill even your breath...if it's as bad as you say it is.

yerssot
you know what I did to make some money last year?

I bet with someone from my class I couldn't get 50 (yes, FIFTY) Frisks through my nose...
I won
I had pain
I had money big grin

Julie
laughing out loud laughing out loud You're crazier than I thought you were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are Frisks?

peluffo
... and how many money you bet???? confused confused

BF: sorry if I misspelled something... laughing out loud

master harmax
The last person u need to apologize to for wrong spellings is yerss !! wink

yerssot

master harmax
where IS bg ??

I MISSSS YOUUU !!!

oh ! oops !!
sorry yerrs .... i forgot :

where is BG .... miss you !!!

cool

yerssot
BG has a holiday now... and Lara has one too sad

But they WILL return I promise you!

Julie
Don't make promises you don't intend to keep...you better be right about this! wink

yerssot
but I am talking the truth!

Julie
The Truth is Out There!!!!!!!!!!!!(what's that from?)

yerssot
X-files, not difficult

But I am the truth! I'm wafflegod!

Julie
You have Delusions of Grandeur wink big grin

Got to go eat....won't be back til tomorrow.....until then...adieu!

yerssot
Adieu then... DON'T eat waffles!

master harmax
JULIEEEE !!! don't go !!!
stay !!
i like thee !!!!!

and yerss .... i thought u were the wacko .... wafflegod ? that's me !!
heh heh heh. laughing out loud

Julie
mesa back
*hits self*
sorry that was a strange stupid moment big grin

anyway...I didn't eat waffles....

yerssot
Ow! so waffles aren't good enough huh??? mad

master harmax
No ! stick out tongue

yerssot
just checking big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.