Forge vs. Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
frustyThink a bit!
Wadda ya thunk?sorcerer
red_indian

radioboy121
Forge is a genius with his machinations, so I'm sure he could find someway to pry that lid of Juggernaut's and give him some form of psychic attack with his instrumentations. If it was an impromptu battle for Forge however, he would probably lose. Of course, I'm unsure the limits of his mystic abilities either.

Maelstrom
Actuall when i first thought of this thread i thought of Forge inventing a weapon that would defeat Juggs physcially. If he can be harmed by ultra-sonics when his shield is down, then when his shield is up there is probely a way to damage it as well.
Forge is a mystic of unlimited porportions. His mentor Mage spent years protecting him from forces that would do him harm. Forge has faced down all sorts of big guns like guardians of the world and what not.
If he need to he could defeat Guggernaut magiclly.
A psychic attack sounds cool. I hadn't thought of that.
But what I'm saying is Forge could stop Juggernaut in his track, i.e. a plasma cannon, then devise a weapon that would penertrate his shield and him.
He is better at inventing than Mr. Fantastic.

radioboy121
The only reason I mentioned the use of machines is that the only vivid memory I have of Forge using his mystic abilities (offensively) is when he "temporarily" banished Adversary. In order to do the same feat however, he would need other sentient bodies.

One of my favorites scenarios with Forge is Fitzroy bragging to him that his suit is impenetrable and Forge whips out a weapon and blast him with it.

Tron
Well he could use magic, doesn't mean it'll work. Better have tryed and failed (Dr. Strange, D'Spayre, etc.). Although Juggernaut's vulnerable to magic, doesn't mean that he folds to it. It can give him trouble, but he can still fight it regardless. As far as tech goes, he'll need plenty of prep and a decent understanding on how to get past Juggernaut's abilities. He could probably come up with something like what Nimrod used, but I doubt anything that would get past that shield, but then again you never know. And plasma cannons don't stop Juggernaut, they only slow him down good.

And a better inventor thanReed? Blasphemy!!

At least Reed's tech knowledge is home grown. And when Forge starts traveling to different dimensions and universes, let me know.wink

crazyspinz
forge is the best inventor there is, just cuz thats like his thing, reeds thing is the streachy bit.

and d'spayre sucks, he got his ass beat by nightcrawler, who in the issue before that (or same issue cant remeber) got beatin on by a bunch of street punks.

manjaro
im sure you were thinking along the lines of if they should bump intoeach other, if so forge is toast,but given time he wil definatley come up with something to cancel out juggy's ihnehernt powers.

Krissy Von Doom
Better at inventing than Reed Richards? I'm not sure about that. rolling on floor laughing

Tron
Yeah, Reed was pulling inventions out of his ass long before the stretching shit, and long before the character Forge was thought up. Forge can do it cause it's his mutant ability, Reed does it cause he learned it, and that's all he does. If it ain't been invented, then all it takes is a couple of hours for him. It's close, but I'd give it to Reed because he actually has the knowledge and full understanding of what he's inventing.

Maelstrom
You presume that because you have the power that you don't have the ability. Like Prodagy's power give's him other's knoweldge and skills.
That logic is just an excuse to attach your dreams to the person who can do it.
Oh see Life-Death 2 where Storm and Forge go live in a complete Universal Dimension all their own. Forge restores her powers and hopes the combination of what she had on earth, the new universe, and the restoration of her powers is enough for her to marry him. Oh and no one could disturbe them there.
What you have to understand about our little Forge is that he can invent Anything, out of virtually anything.

Mightyrain
Forge can take a Telephone and quickly turn it into a mutant power dampening device... but would he really have enough time to make something before Juggy smashed him. Sure Forge can find plenty of stuff running for his life, in a city, to make a device to restrain Juggy... but if Juggernaut was really after Forge and wanted him taken out... I don't think Forge could get away in time to do anything about it.
Now if Forge was prepared and knew ahead of time that Juggernaut was coming his way... poor Juggernaut wouldn't know what hit him. Forge would have plenty of time to build a machine that can take on Juggernaut.

Mightyrain
If Forge can think of a device he automatically knows how to build it. If Reed can think of a device he has to sit down and think about how to pull it off. Forge is better at it... but thats only because of his mutant ability.

ayjay
umm...pplz is saying richards better cos he LEARNT how to invent....since when has dat been a prerequisite for being better at sumtin....forge has his whole mystic i can invent things with out thinking thing....so dat it..dats his THING....just cos Richards LEARNT how to do stuff dun mean he better...its like saying some lil kid LEARNING how to draw is better dan someone who has a natural talent for it.....pssh...but o0o yeeh....back to da topic....i think forge would eventually make sumtin to stop juggz

Mightyrain
uhmmmm I'm saying he's better because he's faster about it. The instant a situation comes up he can pull apart a laptop and convert it into the device he needs. He has no need to think about how to pull it off, because he instantly knows how to do it with the things he has laying around him.... wether it a telephone or even his own mechanical limbs he has everything he needs to get the job done. Reeds has to think about it gather the parts and then build it. I'm not saying Reeds isn't amazing at what he can accomplish he's just not as good as Forge at it.

Maelstrom
I think Forge would just erase him. We've seen him erase mutants powers. Erasing a Juggernaut wouldn't even be a step up.

radioboy121
He was able to take Storm's power away, but that's if he happens to have that piece of equipment before the fight. Second, he'll have to alter the weapon as Juggernaut's embued power is more mystical in nature and won't have the mutant signature that the legacy virus was able to attach to.

Havoc470
i dont know if forge could actually make something out of nothing, if he can i dont know if he'll have enough time to make an ultra-sonic sound frequency device and knock juggy's helmet off....so i think juggy takes this one

this is way too uneven heheh

Tron
Erasing mutant powers is one thing, but Juggernaut's not a mutant. You're right, it won't be a step up, cause it's on a totally different level. Negating the genetic genetic code for mutant powers or whatever would be a lot easier than wiping away mystically endowed powers.

Mightyrain
Juggy is a mutant... but thats besides the point. He gets the vast majority of his power from the mystic armor he has.

Havoc470
juggernaut isnt a mutant, he's just a human who stumbled on an artifact that gave him immense power

Tron
Mutant? No, he's not a mutant, and no his power doesn't come from armor he wears, it's actually part of his power not what gives him most of it. Havok pretty much explained the rest quite simply.

uQifg2WV
i used to think juggernaught was a mutant but only when i was like 3

Mightyrain
I know I read someplace the Cain is a mutant.
The Crimson Gem of Cyttorak gives him his strength and durrability, but I know people were pissed that it was revealed he was a mutant.
Also in the AoA reality I know he was still a huge man the same size he is when he is the Juggernaut in the 616 reality. If he isn't a mutant then wouldn't he just be a regular sized human seeing as how he never obtained the Gem of Cyttorak?

Havoc470
its a comic book, cain isnt a mutant just a buff guy, if he was a mutant his powers (whatever they would be) would manifest during his teens, which didnt happen, he found the gem of cytorrak and it made him a.......well, a juggernaut heheh

radioboy121
I did not read all of the AOA series, so I might have missed that portrayal of Cain. He's not a mutant, but the depiction could possibly be an error on the writer's part much like the Havok killing Cyclops incident near the end (both brothers cannot be hurt by each other's power much like the Cassidy cousins).

Tron
Yeah, the writer made the mistake of calling Juggernaut a mutant in his first fight with Thor, which isn't thue, just an error on the writer.

Mightyrain
OK I was right he was reffered to as a mutant.

Not all mutants powers manifest when they are teens. Some mutants have dormant powers that never manifest at all. For instance LifeGaurd's brother (can't remember his name) had dormant mutant powers that Sage unlocked for him. If she had not done that they would remain dormant until he died.

In regards to AoA . Yes it is a comic book, but even in a comic book they never have a human character who is as big as the Hulk. They only have characters that have super strength that large.

Maelstrom
No Forge can't make something out of nothing. Marvel has stated that quite clearly. But as long as there is dirt to pick up he can use a straw or something to draw the raw materials out and make say, i dunno, adamantium.
Really the only way to stop Juggernaut is to detain him and find the crystal and destroy it. Least that's what marvel has stated. Course he can be stopped magically and telepathically. I wonder how he would stand up to a solid thought superhero. If he would be vulnerable physically to someone like that. I mean wouldn''t a telepathic touch be just as devastating as a mind blast in that case.animals_bunny2

Havoc470
yeah but that was once in the history of the marvel universe, anyway what would cains power be? and if he were a mutant how would cytorrak make him weaker and weaker as time passes?

Mightyrain
I'm not sure what his powers are at all. I didn't say he got his super strength or durrability from the mutant power... just that he is a mutant... for all I know his mutant power my be the ability bite his own ear... in which case it wouldn't effect the gem at all. I just assume that the mutant "power" does nothing more than make him larger than most humans and doesn't grant him "special" powers. Getting weaker over time would have nothing to do with being a mutant, the gem gives him his strength and durrability on a much higher level than anything his body does naturally.

Havoc470
even with a dormant mutant gene, the dna would still show, which cain doesnt have

he isnt a mutant, plain and simple, the reason why he was so big is because its a comic book, nothing else

muffin man
walk over it's like wolverine vs. a punching bag.
JUGGERNAUT.
Forge if he thinks he can win he needs to see a shrink.

KillAll
actually in the d'spayre/juggernaut issue, d'spayre become so powerful by absorbing juggernauts magic, that he said the fabric of reality was his to control wink even then his mystic attacks didnt stop juggernaut...

nightcrawler wouldnt stand a chance against d'spayre in a state of power like that.

talon00x
Juggernaut plain n simple

muffin man
you say I make stupid threads lightaxe. well look at this one.
this excedes what me and asian hulk would put one even come up with if we tryed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.