invisible woman vs. green lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

baddspellahl4
theses are both current versions in an arena (I told you that there would be no confusion). I'm going with GL on this one

crazyspinz
gl, everyone in this forum thinks sue is way more powerful than she is

baddspellahl4
I would probalby agree but GL's ring can be removed and all she has to do is turn ivisible (although gl could still do a heat sensor on her), and make an invisible hand to pull his ring off. after that he's done for. not even his millitary traingin could help him then

supremthor
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/green_lantern/gl.html

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/invisiblewoman.htm

Evangel94
Green Lantern. More powerful & more versatile esp. with a great imagination.

Wynndar
someone made an interesting point of IW removing GL's ring...never thought of that...their powers r very similar but very particular at the same time. I think GL's filght and space experience could be an advantage...he also has a virtually limitless amount of power. IW can manipulate her power to a similar scale...however her powers are eventually exhausted because her body can't keep it up forever. I think one on one, IW has more deadly powers...if she ended it quick she could beat GL..if GL manages to draw it out and tire her, he would win.

baddspellahl4
the kid green lantern had the most vivid imagination though

norrin radd

eleveninches
Well, with their CURRENT versions, GL would easily win, as sues powers have been temporeraly changed (swapped with her brother's).

norrin radd

baddspellahl4
I'm talking about both of them at full power with ther own powers

ash007
yeah but you can not take GL ring forcefully it can only be removed when he chooses to

baddspellahl4
well, all invisible woman has to do is wear yellow(unless he's wearing the new version of the ring) and all gl has to do is te thing that he did when he got turned into a kid on justice leage and make a huge robot with lauchers and stuff.

crazyspinz
invisible woman is not as strong as everyone thinks. gl would murder her in a second

norrin radd
in a second? yeah sure whatever tou want...

Khellendros
I dunno man, she's stood up to a full force blast from Dr Doom when he had just stolen a Watcher's energy. Now, of course, she only stood up for a few minutes, but that's still nothing to scoff at. I'm betting GL goes into this underestimating her and thus takes a whoopin in the beginning.

I think I'm still going with GL on this, just don't make the mistake of thinking IW goes down without one hell of a fight.

Spiderninja008
...I love Sue, but she cudn't keep up with the energy, not enuff mental stamina.

MERCILOUS
All you guys are forgetting one thing. The ring operates off of willpower. No GL is selected if he doesn't have it in him.

Sue Doesn't have it in her, not like GL.

norrin radd
you do realize that in the marvel universe the GL rings do not exist?

MERCILOUS
What does that have to do with anything?

norrin radd

lightaxe
Gl is no longer powerless against the color yellow. This got changed awhile ago.

Tron
That's only Kyle Raynor's ring that doesn't have the yellow weakness. John Steward's ring should still have it though. I don't know how they're gonna do all that with Hal Jordan coming back though.

Wynndar
yea what gives?...since when did Sue have weak willpower? In a way will power is still what makes her so tough. When Doom did eventually over load her force field (the only time it ever happened) her powers were damaged for several issues and anytime she used them she was in intense pain...and is anyone suggesting a regular GL is more powerful than a watcher?

norrin radd

Wynndar
Sue has demonstrated unlike mutants with TK, she can produce fields inside of fields...I dont think its in her character to use that attack...she has only done it to doctor doom when she was in control of her powers...Malice has done it too, Malice is just evil and has no restraint.

MERCILOUS
Gl greater will power=IW pentrated forcefield

I didn't say she was weak willed. I only meant to insinuate that GL has a much stronger will. When IW feels her body start to crap out, you really think she has no desire to give up whatsoever? Like there's some great warrior spirit inside of her? If she did wain for even a moment it would mean certain victory for GL.

As for making forcefields inside of forcefields. Both characters have shown this ability. So it would be interesting to see if IW could do it given the nature of the power ring.

Abaddon
Didn't Sue knock-out (or knock-down, I'm not sure) the Hulk? I think that qualifies her for having some willpower. The key element to this fight is that Lantern's ring needs to be re-charged. So it might come down to whether or not Sue can outlast the ring's energy supply.

MERCILOUS
Not if it's current GL. His ring has no such limitation that I'm aware of.

Khellendros
Yes it does, it's just not a set amount of time. The charge holds depending on how fast he uses up the energy. So it could stay charged for a month or an hour, it all depends on how hard he's working. Either way, this is a CLOSe match-up.

MERCILOUS
I wouldn't say close, maybe interesting, but not close.

Khellendros
Really? There's no way GL can bring the energy level of a Watcher to bear for very long if at all. Meanwhile, the ring constantly surrounds GL in a damage resistant aura. It's not invulnerable, but it'd be hard to break through. It basically comes down to who is more creative with their abilities. Hence, GL takes it by a narrow margin.

MERCILOUS
Actually he can, that was my point with the will power arguement.

Evangel94
Agreed.

With Hal Jordan's willpower he killed the entire GL corps and the guardians.

Doomsday had the ring. With his mentality to kill and never stop killing he was unstoppable with the ring. He killed thousands of green lanterns & a guardian (creator of the GL ring).

Willpower can be a HUGE factor!

To get back to the match: Sue loses

Wynndar
i dont think u guys have a good grip on IW...u havent mentioned why she would lose except that she lacks the willpower? when has she ever demonstrated she was weak willed?...she lead the FF when Reed was presumed dead for like 20 issues...When her powers were damaged and caused her physical injury and pain she still continued through it. Please give me an example of her being weak willed or lacking a warrior spirit...u guys obviously only read DC and havent mentioned any comic events refering to anything IW has done, good or bad

MERCILOUS
She's a girl and she fights like one. My best example of her not having a warrior spirit is the difference between her and malice. Why won't she do all the things she did as malice? 'cause she doesn't have it in her.

Abaddon
Malice kicks a$$...

Wynndar
none of the FF fight like that, their heroes and they appreciate intelligent life...Just like she said before she thrust a force field straight through Galactus' chest. Another example of her having more deadly and accute power than GL...Gl would win if he drew the fight out and exhausted her endurance...however...if IW was pressed to she would take him out very quickly.

Wynndar
because she's a girl? thanks for demonstrating your knowledge about FF

Evangel94
You didn't read my post carefully enough. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I talked about how willpower makes a huge difference in Green Lanterns. I didn't compare Sue to willpower or state anything to relating with willpower and sue.

Evangel94
Stop retorting with an insult on other poster's knowledge. That's the worst action you can take in a debate. If you feel the need to bring up examples, do so in a manner that isn't insulting or hurtful.

Khellendros
S'funny, most of us agree, and yet we're all still arguing. For instance, I agree with Mercilous, I just wish he'd give Sue a bit more credit. laughing

MERCILOUS
Well i thought it was pretty obvious that "cause she's a girl" was a joke. I forget how difficult it is to convey emotions on a written forum sometimes (and I refuse to use smileys.)

As for giving Sue credit I've always considered her the most powerful member of the FF. The only reason i see her over powered is the nature of GL's power. If you think about, a strong enough will could contain the Hulk or anything else you can think of.

Wynndar
This was the comment i was probably arguing with...

Wynndar
I think i did read your post evangel...I totally agree that willpower demonstrates graded changes in the power of GL's...regardless...no matter how much willpower they have i dont think they can change the nature of a GL rings power...that would be like a GL's willpower granting him mystical powers. Sue's powers can get past force constructs because she does not need to be connected to her fields to operate them...thats how she produces fields inside of things or people protected by fields.

GL's have a virtually unlimitted power source. Sue's power comes from hyperspace, the dimension we presume energies like gravity and strong nuclear forces radiate into our dimension from. Although its a little more scientific than a giant green lantern of energy on a far off planet...its equally unlimited. Sue's willpower is a big factor in how much energy she can wield...so is her experience...and how far her mutation advances...Sue has cut loose when she wasnt Malice...If i didnt read a comic for over a year I would not make generalizations about the characters and assume I was right. When Sue watched Galactus kill her family she lashed out and said that although she usually cherished intelligent life she had to stop him...Then she blasted a hole right through Galactus' chest. She also appeared to kill Exitar, the greatest celestial. She can always produce a field inside of GL's body if she has to...but she would probably just produce a field around his finger and remove him from his powers.

MERCILOUS
The Guardians, to my understanding, know all the secrets of the universe. It is this knowledge that they used to make the GL rings. It is obviously an unknown how these two powers will work against each other. You are trashing my assumptions and then making your own. Maybe you're just not taking this as light-heartedly as me?

Wynndar
im not trying to sound mean or angry...just being opiniative like you were when u said...

By the way, what do u have to say about my previous points?

MERCILOUS
I keep stressing will power because i truly feel it is key. More will power=stronger defenses and stronger attacks The ring is somewhat mystical in nature, but it can also emulate technology and is only limited by imagination. GL has emulalted kryptonite, and laser beams, and teleporters and who knows what. If he had the scientif knowledge he could probably do thing like nuclear fission as well. And if he had the arcane knowledge he could probably even create spells. Now, all of this is specualtion but this really is the right place for specualtion. If GL could think of it, IW couldn't penetrate his defenses. Sue is gifted, but she's also limited, at least in terms of versatility when compared to GL. So what's left to weigh? Will power.

norrin radd

MERCILOUS
I'm saying there's no garauntee that she could do that either.

norrin radd
if you read the comics, you will see she can.

MERCILOUS
OHHHH, that's right the comics where they fought eachother! And the hyper space power clearly bypassed the power of the ring.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

eleveninches
Hal would whoop susans @$$
But kyle and the others wouldnt

MERCILOUS
Well, that might be true, but don't forget Kyle has the best imagination.

eleveninches
But he hasnt really been tested against many super villains. Most of kyles enemies have been intermediate villains.

Except for when he fought parallax (and even then he lost).

He could have beat her if he still had his ion powers

MERCILOUS
It's still uncertain how hyperspace power will fair against the powe of the ring. The Guardians have tons of knowledge, they could have very well made something that is superior to hyperspace. I'm guessing it is because of all the stuff Hal did with it.

eleveninches
YEah. Hal went to the end of time, where time becomes like a loop, and he tightenned the loop, and destroyed the entire DCU.

manx422
GL in a stomp

SupremeMan
Originally posted by ash007
yeah but you can not take GL ring forcefully it can only be removed when he chooses to

Yeah I know there are PIS examples of people pulling off a GL's ring. PIS because there are also times when the ring's auto-shields prevent that.

Plus the ring is shown to work even from a distance. The GL has a slight disadvantage because the distance equals a reduction in control over it but if the GL is far more strong-willed than the person who took it, it doesn't matter.

Sue's invisibility means nothing against a GL and her forcefields take backlash that hurts her. GL for the win.

SupremeMan

Juntai
Green Lantern.

Juntai
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
I keep stressing will power because i truly feel it is key. More will power=stronger defenses and stronger attacks The ring is somewhat mystical in nature, but it can also emulate technology and is only limited by imagination. GL has emulalted kryptonite, and laser beams, and teleporters and who knows what. If he had the scientif knowledge he could probably do thing like nuclear fission as well. And if he had the arcane knowledge he could probably even create spells. Now, all of this is specualtion but this really is the right place for specualtion. If GL could think of it, IW couldn't penetrate his defenses. Sue is gifted, but she's also limited, at least in terms of versatility when compared to GL. So what's left to weigh? Will power. Kyle said he could split atoms if he wanted to.

PRAYERRUN
I have to believe John would have a problem finding Sue in order to attack her. She could kill him then turn visible.

Draco69
The GL ring can detect Sue automatically.

Oh and John can turn invisible too if he wants....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.