Radeon X800XT vs. Geforce 6800 Ultra Extreme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thorondor
I'm building a new PC and am stumped on which graphics card to get, i've looked at review all over the place and none have specified a winner they always say they are equal in quality lol.

Robo-Chocobo
hey I would like to know too.

SaTsuJiN
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/nv40-rx800-3.html I found this article.. but nothing really that gives a solid answer on which is better....I would recommend checking out one your friends pc's if they have those GFX cards installed.. and then decide based on thier performance maybe

HockeyHorror
Radeon X800XT vs. Geforce 6800 Ultra Extreme

my friend got the Radeon and he said it wasn't working properly...so he returned and got the Geforce^^^

now he's owning laughing out loud

but i dunno. both are great.

Jedi Shmedi
PC Gamer gave the X800 a 97% and the 6800 Ultra a 92%. But if it were me, I'd go with the NVidia all the way. smile

SaTsuJiN
I'm more of an ATI fan... I dont know why... its like asking someone why they like coke over pepsi... they're both some damn soda but they got thier own flavor..

BackFire
It doesn't matter, get whatever one you can find for a cheaper price.

Samas-adian
Or what games you like more. Half Life 2 runs better with an ATI card while Doom 3 ran better on Nvidia

Robo-Chocobo
they did?..oh I guess it's just my moniter being a blurry piece of shit...

BackFire
It's not noticeable to the naked eye, however.

ChickinMeat
im the same, i know exactly what you mean, possibly because ive always had ATI chips, i dont know why that is either!

Samas-adian
BF, that is true. I was trying to make easier to choose laughing

ZomBiE_HunTER
I like ati better becuz there smaller and there pretty powerful.If u want to play HL2 and counter stike soucre i recommend Ati x800 XT Platinum Edition.

SaTsuJiN
I recently purchased the 9800 Pro 256MB

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.