silver surfer vs hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThaWhiteShadow
ima go wit surfer

Arsenal
Me too

MatchesMalone
I'll take Surfer as well.

Alpha Centauri
I think it'll be pretty much a stale mate. Unlike Superman, Surfer's speed is used in ever comic he's in, effectively in fights too. He couldn't do much to Hulk from a distance and wouldn't get up close and Hulk aint gonna get near Surfer. So yeah, draw.

-AC

wrathofachilles
Wow, what a brand-new, never been done before thread you have here.

I disagree that Surfer couldn't do much to Hulk from a distance. That's the only way he CAN do anything to Hulk. If Hulk gets his hands on him, Surfer's screwed, but Surfer's powers are capable of beating Hulk from a distance. Basically Hulk is stronger but Surfer is more powerful, meaning the nature of the fight determines the winner.

nomsans
my vote is to silver surfer. though it would admittingly would be an interesting match.

i think at 1st glance hulk would dominate surfer, but after a bit of pain and sufferin', ole surfer would jusy totally absorbs all of the hulks strength and energies...and the surfer might actually become the hulk, but he could easily turn the hulks energy and strength into a galaxy or something. thus ridding the universe of the hulk, but gaining a whole galaxie of hulk's influence. just a though tho'.

Abaddon
Surfer is way to fast for the Hulk. I'd be suprised if Hulk could land an effective blow on him.

wrathofachilles
No, he's not going to rid the universe of Hulk. The energy would be too much for him to handle anyway; Hulk's strength and rage would probably make Surfer explode like a balloon. Plus that 'sucking the energy' thing is a weak argument, he never uses it to full potential.

Evangel94
In every single encounter between them, Surfer has dominated and won.
He just drains away the gamma radiation inside hulk until he reverts to banner.

Wynndar
everytime?...im only aware of one time?

Alpha Centauri
Taking into consideration that although he's my favourite character, Silver Surfer is someone who wouldn't kill if his life depended on it. Well, maybe not that coz he has snapped a few times.

But I remember Surfer blasting him in the back when Hulk knocked him off his board. It sent Hulk flying and Surfer escaped. Neither were hurt by the blows they took.

-AC

norrin radd
already happen in comics, surfer won.

why do ppl think hulk is all that, he is impressive i admit, but against the cosmic power? no way

Tron
Hasn't this thread been done already?

Like more than once?

And recently?

MERCILOUS
You mean "the power cosmic?" I'm not trying to pick at your post I'm just wondering if that's what you meant.

norrin radd
yes, the power cosmic is superior to hulk. (not talking only about surfer)

Linkalicious
Surfer could beat Hulk without the board. In hand to hand combat they could both chuck eachother around for a bit, but Silver Surfer can use his ability to project energy against the Hulk to do more damage.

well there's that, and Surfer already won in the comics.

Alpha Centauri
"why do ppl think hulk is all that"

Coz he is. I was just stating my well founded opinion on what I think would happen if they went at it now.

-AC

wrathofachilles
Hulk is 'all that' in terms of strength. He is superior to Surfer in a strength match-up. As I said, if Surfer keeps the fight at a distance, he wins hands down. But if Hulk gets to him, he's going to outfight Surfer.

Maelstrom
Can't the Ufo's beat the Hulk.
Surfer can then.

norrin radd

Spiderninja008
LOL, well if you've read Hulk's comics, old and new, he's pretty much a walking god.....potentially the most powerful being in the MU universe. The Hulk has instantaniously leaped into orbit to grab a nuclear missle. He is no casual big strong guy. Hulk smash is an understatement for his power and or potential power. The angreier he gets, teh more powerful he becomes.

Spiderninja008
Silver Surfer is the first and fav herald of Galactus though........Hulk becomes stronger than Surf, but Surf has power cosmic, where brute strength is not always enough, but then again maybe endurance is.

norrin radd

Alpha Centauri
"Silver Surfer is the first and fav herald of Galactus though"

No he's not.

"surfer is indestructible."

Invulnerable, yes. Indestructible, no.

-AC

Spiderninja008
......he hulk has already been said to be potentialy the most power being in the MU. Potentialy. His strength is measured by anger level and need in emergency. Hulk's inderuance grows as he angers, Silver Surfer has been defeated b4. This is a close call. Always has been, always will be. Surfer wouldn't let Hulk get too strong as long as he is in control of the battle, once he looses grasp of what is going on, He MAY go down. He almost lost due to Hulk's incredible ever increasing strength.

Alpha Centauri
No one can stop Hulk getting too strong, if he wants to smash your face in then he's gonna.

Hulk is maybe strongest in the MU but only in terms of physical strength and maybe endurance.

-AC

Linkalicious
Juggernaut stopped Hulk from getting too strong by putting him in a headlock.

Silver Surfer sucking up his gamma radiation seems to be a concievable way of beating Hulk. It's well within Surfer's ability.

Alpha Centauri
"Juggernaut stopped Hulk from getting too strong by putting him in a headlock."

Many others have also tried restraining him to quell the strength growth and it didn't work, so it differs.

As for Surfer, yes you're right. But it's like the Magneto iron controlling thing, never uses it enough to say he would do so in the fight.

-AC

Linkalicious
well stopping the iron in a person's blood is a pretty lethal attack, absorbing the excess gamma radiation wouldn't kill Hulk, it would just revert him to Banner.

and Surf, being a pacifist, would probably opt for that method just because it wouldn't involve a true fight.

norrin radd
actually he already did, i will try to find one image to prove it.

norrin radd
his body is considered indestructible. but we are talking about comics, adamantium is considered indestructible and it was already bend or broken a few times

norrin radd
surfer has bean beaten before, and what about hulk, are you saying he was never beaten?
sorry but for me the most strong and resistant person in the universe is not the most powerful being in it. (and hulk is not the most resistant)

Spiderninja008
potentially, its already been discussed b4 in another thread.

Linkalicious
no where near the most resistant.

He would get raped by a mental attack, he can be physically hurt, and he can be contained by force fields.

Juggernaut is far more RESISTANT than Hulk. Always will be.

norrin radd
THANK YOU

norrin radd
it took some time but here it is surfer absorbing hulks gamma radiation. (by the way it was never the first who put this images)

http://www.geocities.com/hulksmashes/hulk250-1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/hulksmashes/hulk250-2.jpg

lightaxe
dag y0, it wont open

norrin radd
here it is then:

norrin radd
and:

MatchesMalone
Just about everybody says surfer wins. Norrin Rad has pictures of when it happened already. I think the trial may be adjourned on this one.

Alpha Centauri
And to think, these were two beings on the same team for a time.

-AC

Tough Guy
*all characters can be killed in some way
* hulk is the strongest character in marvel universe as has infinite strength, also extremely quick healing and many different versions so is awesome, has potential to be god like ( war was created to destroy celestials) as is infinite in strength potential.
*surfer would win quite easily as he did in the comics, by sucking out hulks gamma radiation or whatever turning him back to manner

George74
Silver Surfer should win this albeit not easily.
Speed is not an advantage. As far as i know Surfer always closed in and never used his speed in fights with the Hulk.

Surfer is simply more powerful as much as I want the Hulk to win.
He's my favorite comic book caracter.

wrathofachilles
No, when Surfer closes in he loses his advantage. Hulk can overpower Surfer physically. Surfer has the advantage at a distance with his board and his power cosmic to keep Hulk at bay.

wrathofachilles
Do you have pictures of the entire fight, I'd like to see that. Plus in that one pic I swear Surfer's hand looks like a girl's...is is just me? lol

The Flash
SS would win by sucking out Hulk's radiation.

roughrider
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
Hulk is 'all that' in terms of strength. He is superior to Surfer in a strength match-up. As I said, if Surfer keeps the fight at a distance, he wins hands down. But if Hulk gets to him, he's going to outfight Surfer.

People talk a lot about Hulk's (potential) capacity for virtually limitless strength. The Surfer can use the power cosmic to augment his strength to virtually limitless; WITHIN seconds. Hulk would get the worst smackdown of his life. But it takes a fair bit to get Norrid peeved enough to drub someone bare-handed. Could just as easily blast him off the planet, or suck the gamma energy from him and leave Hulk as Banner. So many possibilities...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.