Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
Is anyone else as excited for this game as I am? I just saw a commercial today for it and it looks sweet. It's supposibly the best RPG since Final Fantasy X! I can't friggen wait!

Linkalicious
what to do....what to do.

I got Fable and beat it 3 times.
Got THUG2 and beat it on Sick (or whatever the hardest one is)
Got X-men Legends and beat it thoroughly.

I'm going to be getting Halo2, Half Life 2, Fifa 2005, and Final Fantasy XI all in November....but should I get this game?

That's a lot of Video game purchases for a 4 week period of time...

Morgoths_Wrath
haha, I hear you loud and clear. I'm playing Fable now, and I've got Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, and Knights of the Old Republic II on the way, plus The Third Age! It's overwhealming. They need to space these games out!

Linkalicious
When does Prime 2 and KOTOR2 come out?

I'll be getting both of those as well.

Jesus! Video game playing just turned into a full time addiction!

SaTsuJiN
pff.. welcome to my world.. lol.. I cant go for 2 minutes each day without thinking of a video game character

Prime 2 is this month.. I think Kotor2 might be for december..

But yes... Third age has peaked my interest.. Im just waiting to catch others opinions on it..

shangheid
i got third age yesterday its really good

Linkalicious
i have the other 3 LOTR games....they get progressively better. The fellowship was just sh!tty.

Shang....is it actually worth getting or is it a week long renter?

shangheid
i'd says its worth getten taken it's pretty long im only 5% in

SlipknoT
It sucks. But I hate RPG's so....

shangheid
well if you enjoy RPG's then you will like Lotr:Tta

SnakeEyes
The Battle for Middle Earth will be 110 percent better than the Third Age..

Morgoths_Wrath
what's the Battle of Middle Earth?

SaTsuJiN
I believe Battle for Middle Earth is a real time strategy (like warcraft , starcraft , age of empires 2 , command and conquer : generals) Except they took out the manufacturing units and gather resources part.. its pure battles hehe

WindDancer
It's on my list to play this year! Looks like a fun RPG. thumb up

RaventheOnly
Actually the reviews i read said it wasn't the greatest, they said the graphics were awesome but the story line is rather unusual cry they said you never enter a town or ever buy new equipment no expression cry

I Love LOTR but i fear this one isn't going to grab me sad I never bought any other LOTR games other then the war of the ring.... erm and that wasn't the greatest. sad but I did rent all of the console plateform ones and loved them but beat them too quick to buy.

Shaolin Monk
I hope its good, it looks/sounds good

shangheid
it is good but raven had a point so far you dont go in to towns but in the movies or book did they go buy equipment i dont think so but you do find armor and weapons along the way and you get to journey through moria and fight the belrog

Lord_Andres
this game looks too sweet, when will it be releast for pc???

Morgoths_Wrath
OK, I got The Third Age...and I don't know what to make of it. I mean, it's a pretty solid RPG with a good battle system and awesome graphics...but the story sucks. I don't even think there IS a real story. And the battles get really repetitive. There's really not alot of different enemies either, so I end up fighting the same ones over and over!! Take it from me, rent this game. Don't buy it. I have a hard time believing that even the most die-hard Lord of the Rings fan wont find his or her self getting bored at some point.

Linkalicious
I rented it on Friday and right now I'm 92% through the game. It's fun, but like you said....repetitive.

It's like the same bad guys, only they get stronger with more HP and attack power.

I just beat the Witch King on the Plen-whatever Fields. I think I only have one more objective to meet in order to get that final 8 %. Definitly a good game, but seemingly not a lot of replay value to the game.

Max Power
I had a question about this game. Is it similar to Demon Stone that just came out on Xbox or is it a different kind of RPG. I know Two Towers and Demon Stone were smiliar, but I wasn't sure about Third Age.

Linkalicious
it's a turn based RPG.

Like the Final Fantasy Gamse....

Max Power
So Third Age is turn based whereas Demon Stone and Two Towers are action RPGs? Do I have that right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.