Deformed Sidious in RotS (part II)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
the old thread was closed a long time ago, so im posting this.stick out tongue

with the release of the new trailer, we see that palps is fighting with his saber (probably against yoda) and he is very much deformed....so...certain previous theories on his appearance have been proven wrong.
with that said, here's the list...

palps is deformed because of:
1-vader's force-tantrum (wrong)
2-palps reviving vader (wrong)

and now the theories that remain sound:
1-yoda f***s him up bad (doubt it)
2-palps reveals his true appearance(im banking on it)

thoughts?

Boris
2-palps reveals his true appearence.

12345m
it might not be palps

Crow_T_Robot
Then who is it?

PVS
please please please dont bomb this thread with the "palps is sidious' clone" ridiculous theory, its already been officially rejected, so just forget about that.

12345m
a sith lord called sidious who took palp as his apprentice, yoda kills sidious palap finds anikan takes him as his apprentice and becomes emprore palpatine the new sith lord

Boris
How can it not be Palps lol, There's only one bad ass deformed mofo and thats the Emperor.

12345m
palps might get like it after time

Crow_T_Robot
No. Just no.

12345m
but how do we know

PVS
you DO realise that ian mcdiarmid plays sidious as well, correct?
so palps just turns out looking exactly like sidious!?!?!? are you kidding me???

look, one of the two theories stated is correct.
unless you have something to add, or a profound new theory
that does NOT defy all common logic, please just leave it be.

Naredhel
... er, I thought this was confirmed somewhere? Palps is Sidious.

The End.

Darth Sauron
Palps reveals his true appearance, and looks slightly disturbing and deformed

then yoda ****s him up

Huzzah
Confusion abound. embarrasment

12345m
it could be sifo dias they say hes dead but he might of just turned

westminster87
to prove that this is sidious, take a look at his hilt on the lightsaber...it is sidious' saber. So that has been established. I believe that he looks different than he does in RTOJ because there is a very large time gap and thus he would look differnt. (should be about 20 years from episode 3 to episode 6). I think that if we are allexpecting to see him looking the same as in RTOJ, were all gunna be disapointed. If you take a look at the new footage on the ESB DVD, u can see that sidious' hologram looks very differnt from RTOJ. I wouldnt be surpsrised if sidious looks the same between the new holograph in ESB and ROTS. Thoughts or comments?

westminster87
Interesting point about sifo-dyas. They still need to explain whats up with that.

PVS
no, please, if you have not read up on the facts, just dont bother
you are posting theories that have been rejected like 6 months ago

westminster87
My theory makes sense! SIDIOUS DOESNT HAVE TO LOOK THE SAME AS HE DOES IN ROTJ! IF U ARE LOOKING FOR %100 CONTINUITY WITHIN A 20 YEAR TIMELINE, U WILL BE SURELY DISSAPOINTED!

PVS
dude, he DOES look the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WHOLE F***ING POINT IS HOW DOES HE GO FROM PALPATINE IN EP2 TO BEING DEFORMED!!!! GODDAMNIT!!!!

12345m
palpatine is the chancalor, sidious sees hes weak (episode1 the queen said how esily he lost control) he controls palpatine and shows him the ways of the force. in rots sidious pretends to take palpatine captive anikan and ob1 are sent to rescue him anikan heres a voice (sidiouses) he tells anikan ob1 wants padmade he fells the angar with in him and trys to kill ob1 anikan falls. palpatine is sent to find anikan save him and turn him mean while yoda turns up kills sidious palpatine sees his chance for power and becomes the new emprore with vader by his side.

PVS
f*** this forum
its shot with newbies who type but don't read.
maybe it will calm down when everyone gets their trailers and
gets the f*** out

Sith Master X
Definitely, Palps reveals his true appearance.

12345m
sifo dias could be palpatine/sidious cover name

Huzzah
Quit this foolishness. It's been confirmed officially it's the same guy. Spy reports state that in a particular scene Palpatine physically transforms into Sidious...it's a scary scene.

No spy report has indicated Palpatine kills Sidious. Goodbye!!

Morridini
When in episode 1 did Palpatine loose control? He was in control the whole time and everything went acording to his plans.

Huzzah
You cant even make up your mind about your own idiotic theory.

12345m
palpatine dose not yoda kills him

PVS
WILL YOU PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

STFU

12345m
episode 1 "i fear the time you had control over the demacrats there will be nothing left of are people are way of life" it did not happen in episode 1

westminster87
LUCAS HAS ALREADY COMFIRMED HE TRANSFORMS INTO HIS "TRUE APPEARANCE" HE HAD AN INTERVIEW AND HE SAID AND I QUOTE "WE MAY SEE A CERTAIN POWERFUL INDVIDUAL TRANFORM BEFORE OUR EYES.....ITS RATHER SCARY"

12345m
it could be someone else a jedi (anikan)

Morridini
What are u talking about now 12345m?

PVS
1234m, you refuse to accept the CONFIRMED TRUTH, and you also refuse to read posts. please stop, you are annoying EVERYBODY

westminster87
couldnt be, it wouldnt be scary, its palp!

12345m
westminster87 said lucas said "WE MAY SEE A CERTAIN POWERFUL INDVIDUAL TRANFORM BEFORE OUR EYES.....ITS RATHER SCARY" he could mean anikan

westminster87
THE FUNNIEST THING IS I JUST MADE THAT QUOTE UP, THATS WHY NO ONES HEARD ABOUT IT, UR AN IDIOT! SO THIS PROVES U KNOW JACK SH*T ABOUT ANTHING!

PVS
12345m whatever

thanks for ruining this discussion

guiro72
it has also been stated that it is "the result of a specific dramatic event"....or words to that effect.....which tends to rule out the "hiding his true appearance" theory......strange 'cause that's the one i've instinctively gone for right from square one.....maybe this is an extreme case of them feeding us the proverbial.....

:.Space Opera.:
leaving.

westminster87
lol np, i actually am curious to find out why sidious looks deformed. in episode 1 when he is talking to darth maul he looks like normal palp (u can see part of his face). So it can be concluded that something WILL happen that changes his appearance.

Jayd265
nigga u are one dumbass mofo. this theory sounds like its coming from someone that has just seen episode one and two and hasnt done any research on the internet or anything. if you want proof that palpatine is sidious go look up some star wars action figures. some say emperor palpatine. and if im not mistaken on the star wars site you can buy the emperor palpatines cane. damn some ppl are dumb

12345m
mabey it's not sidious we see fighting in the trailer

westminster87
agreed

maybe not, maybe somebody STOLE sidious' saber from him and SHOVED IT UP HIS ASS!

westminster87
STOP POSTING, ALL IN FAVOUR OF BANNING 12345m, SAY I !!!!!

PVS
this is not a democracy. just report him

Morridini
I think u should ask a mod to close this thread. And try opening a new one, perhaps after 12345 is banned or something.

westminster87
agreed, once again

Jayd265
I

and the link to prove palpatine is sidious is

shop(dot)starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=453

replace (dot) with a .

dude you can just post the link, it doesnt contain any hyperspace material

Gangularis
hey go easy on the palps. i wouldn't call him deformed so much as... errmm a little under the weather, perhaps.

Gangularis
and yes, no doubt, palps was shrowding the visions of those around him. that's my guess, and always has been my guess.

PVS
http://www.theforce.net/episode3/jtf/

Ep3 will explain how and why Palpatine looks the way he does in ROTJ and why he did not look like that in Ep1 & 2. -PH

We will definitely see Palpatine/Sidious use an "awesome display of the dark side of the force". - RM

its common knowledge that palpatine IS sidious

PVS
nothing a facelift and a makeover cant fix right?

queer eye for the straight jedi

or is he......?.....?

westminster87
i thought i remeber seeing palps and maul getting it on after the credits in episode 1...

PVS
anyway, he does look substantially pissed in that clip...
so its POSSIBLE that yoda opened a can of whoopass,
causing palp's deformation...HOWEVER...the sith are
always pissed...so that holds little weight.

i can just picture a "revealing" scene like at the end of every
thriller movie, where the bad guy divulges his entire plan to the hero,
and leaves everything out in the open, too foolish to realise the hero
will escape. i think when yoda confronts palps, he will be in sidious attire,
and remove his hood to reveal the horrid mess he calls a head.

plus its been confirmed that the yoda/palps duel will be pretty short,
so not alot of time for yoda to gain the upper hand and then get his ass kicked.

westminster87
wouldnt be surprising:P

yes...like vader's.

g3orge
i hope yoda does it too him i know yoda gets pwned but if he could mess him up a bit it would be good, maybe reflect force lightning at his face or sumthin

Spectr4L
Apparently, the sith have the ability to make their eyes yellow. I never really caught on to this until now... sick

Darth Subjekt
ok...12345m or whatever your name is....sifo dyas was once a jedi....AND DIED. if he were alive, and even if he went to the dark side, the jedi would sense it. so there goes that. and if you still doubt that obvious, that Sidious is Papatine, which GL himself said....then what you need to do is go to a big feild with trees, climb a tree, tie a rope to your nuts and to the tree, and jump off. You obviously know nothing about Star Wars or something called "common sense".

MOTHERBOX
I think Sifo Dyas is Sidious, Anywho he looks diff prob couse he is 20 years younger than in ROTJ and prob 20 pounds heavier

Count Doodoo
Here's a pic of Sidious I touched up with Photoshop to make his face clearer.

SomeGuy57
Is it just me or in the trailer when you saw sidious with his lightsaber like the picture that Count Doodoo has, did sidious make a weird noise like a wheezing sound or something?

Sith Master X
Cool, nice job with that.

MOTHERBOX
Nice did you redo the eyes with Anakins or are they untouched?

Sith Master X
I thought the same exact thing!!! It almost sounds like a "Ping" in my opinion, but I noticed that also.

MOTHERBOX
Yes he did make a wheezy scream and if you listen to the part when Obi is getting grabbed by Ani you can hear him allso. Turn the sound way up I did when the lava explosion happens it made my mom jump in the kitchen laughing

PVS
i think its just an overlapping sound effect.
if you listen closely though, you can hear him scream,
as he's swinging.

Captain REX
Sensing is something the Jedi have problems with. The Dark-Side has the ability to cloud their senses. Sith do it alot.

Being a Dark Jedi in an RPG lets you know these things... stick out tongue

Sith Master X
I thought I heard him scream, but then again I thought it was my imagination. Also, is Obi-Wan grunting as he is pinned to the floor while Anakin forces his saber down on him? I couldn't quite make that out either.

JKozzy
No it doesn't! LISTEN TO THE POSTS. We're talking about HOW he changes, not that he shouldn't change....

MOTHERBOX
Yes look at my last post. Turn sound up! big grin

Mist
sigh....*slaps stupid newbies ruining thread*
sidious is palpatine. just as dooku is tyranus. just as anakin is vader. leave this alone.

the reason palpatines face changes to evil is because he just found out the last copy of celine dion's cd was sold out. end of story.

Darth Subjekt
Yes he did make a wheezy scream and if you listen to the part when Obi is getting grabbed by Ani you can hear him allso. Turn the sound way up I did when the lava explosion happens it made my mom jump in the kitchen

yea, i have a pretty good sound system, and its him laughing as he always does. pretty dope how you can be in the middle of fighting yoda, one of the most powerful jedis ever, and just laugh during.

Leog14
True Sidious is laughing, Sith don't take shit seriously, remember Darth Maul, he put up a smirk once in a while in EPI while fighting Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. Sidious must be mad old for him to have such a messed up face. Missing some teeth. Could've fooled me he wasn't the lord of the Sith. Ah what a year it will be. I officially declared 2005 as the best movie year of all time. Sorry Titanic you're going down, well again.

El Toro
2003 is still the best year in movies so far IMO...

Mist u had me choking with the ceiline dion line. sidious has done a good job of disguising himself thus far. i hope his duel with yoda isnt decided by lightsabers. i wouldnt mind it if they were evenly matched saber wise but i really want sidious to show the jedi master himself who the greatest force user is and totally wipe the floor with yoda using the force.

yoda....is greater.

Darth Subjekt
well not in this movie......sorry

he kicked dookus ass, and he will kick sidious ass, sidious will run the **** away like dooku did.

El Toro
oh that's right. sidious went into hiding on a remote isolated planet so he couldnt be located roll eyes (sarcastic) wink

no no no...you got it wrong.......ohhhh i see your sarcastic hahaha. he was hiding because the empire was to strong and he didnt have any means of getting to the emperor himself because he was gaurded by tens of thousands of protectors and troops

El Toro
true..but they do have a duel. meaning 1v1. yoda had his chance, realised he couldnt save the universe. decided to hide until the son of the chosen 1 would "rise" and fulfill his father's destiny. as strong as yoda is, it was not his duty to save everything. that was anakin's.

good we agree then.

El Toro
90%. i dont agree with the part that yoda whooped palpatine's a$$.

Darth Subjekt
true to a point, but Yoda is no match for Sidious, Yoda is knocked out of a window, and saved by Bail. Now if he's more powerful than Sidious, then why did he lose? Sidious does not run from Yoda, he's the one who pursues yoda. And he's the reason Yoda hides on Dehgoba.

waynerobsonuk
Looks like I was right a while back then and he is a shapeshifter of sorts big grin big grin
*Smug Mode*

Wayne...

Batman316
I thought someone official had already said that Palpy/Sidious can alter his appearance? that makes up for the slight height difference between the two etc

tpaquin
I know where you got this from, and it's not confirmed. It's very, very well-based speculation, but it's not 100% confirmed.

PVS
no no no, you never said "of sorts"
a shapeshifter is just that, one who shifts it's shape.
palps is (i believe) creating and illusion, and not actually
changing form.

queeq
You're sure? Myabe it's a vampirelike transformation...

waynerobsonuk
It'll be interesting to see if it is Sidious creating an illusion or if he really is changing shape. I'd put my money on the later. But I could change my mind in the wake of any evidence that comes up :P I think as he's fighting 'someone' in the trailer then it's obvious this isn't the result of a 'force injury' or something like that. So it must be able to be controlled to some degree I would sumise.

Wayne...

PVS
perhaps queeq.
i think lucas is reaching back to old horror flicks for
inspiration in this one. vader bound to that table was
ABSOLUTELY remenicent of frankenstein's monster.
"riiiiiise" could have easily been replaced with "ITS ALIVE!!!"

and i have always gotten a dracula vibe from palpatine.
i think that either you are right in that he can change his appearance
in AGE, but not form...or i am right in that its an illusion created by the
darkside. certainly not shapeshifting though.

queeq
I agree on the Frankenstein thing, taht reference is clear.So why not a controllable evil-transforation Dracula-like. I don't particularly like the idea but it does seem to go that way.

waynerobsonuk
Of course teh nightmare senario would be that we see Sidious change from one form to another in the film with absolutley no official explanation as to how or why laughing out loud then this debate would rumble on for years.

Wayne...

queeq
Sounds great to me. laughing out loud

tpaquin
I think that with no explanation whatsoever, each time teh camera cuts to palpatine, he looks different. One time he's wearing a furry hat, the next he's a little girl, the next he has no nose...

The possibilities are endless...

Darth Subjekt
sorry but in a HS pic of Bails red preeder, it says at the bottom of the pic, Bail performs a mid air rescue of a stranded jedi, or something to that effect. in the add bar, do the htt thing (no w w w )users(dot)pandora(dot)be (slash)famo(slash)bth(slash)bth43(dot) jpg i think you can figure out how to type that in....

queeq
Wonderful! Plenty of ideas for the EU books between the PT and the OT.

Then again, maybe when Palpy's eyes turn yellow, he too finally reveals himself as the Sith Master. Problem is though, that there is a way to have the yellow eyes and loose them again.

Cipher
If Palpatine changes on the spot, then maybe he was normal before that. Maybe the Dark Side changes him right there through a trewmendous use of power.

Or he really was hiding his true form all along and kept it from the Jedi because he's far more powerful than even we thought......

Darth Ravenous
his true aperrance it clouded by the darkside, but when the shit goes down the cloud blows away smokin'

Freakin' Jedi
Palpatine looks like Gollum, but it's not too bad. It would just piss me off if Palpatine would look like a gay british cop. laughing

TalonKarrde
Darth Sidious is Palpatine. Palpatine is Sidious. What part of this is hard to understand. And he becomes deformed form the Dasrk Side of the force his Anger and hatred eating away at his body... which would explain the decrepid look in Jedi seeing how Jedi is like 25 to 30 years after ROTS

Rhino17
Forgive me if this has already been posted (i didnt have time to read the whole thread)

but something just twigged in my head.

Sifo Dyas

Sidious

the names sound kind of similar to me

think about it...

Sifo Dyas

Si dious

anyway its probably a theory thats already been debunked and holds no water but it just set off something in my head

thats is all

neo313
the scene where palps reveals his true form is gonna ba awesome and freaky

guiro72
my question is this: with what we know of the rots timeline so far, how many scenes are we aware of, AFTER the mace duel, in which palpatine appears as he did in the previous prequels?....

Davemans
Part of the whole story in Episodes I & II have been the Jedi's ability to sense through the force. It would only make sense that Palpatine is hiding is appearance through a pretty good mind trick. When Windu and Yoda become aware of this the mask falls and the true evil is revealed.

WarMachineSWG
look theres a cloning fascility hid in a mountain by the emperor.we know from the expanded universe that the clones made during clone wars go crazy because there exselleration process for growing is unstable.we also know that in the emperors mountain the cloning facilty there can produce clones at an excelerated rate with out them going crazy.we know that the emperor clones him self cause his clones exsists after ROTJ.palpitine is the emperor yes but hes an identical clone of coarse thats younger than the darth sidious emperor.its possible the volcano in the trailer represents sidious hide out.the jedi find out about it and send anikin and obi won there to,this i dont know why but probly to free palpatine which is a trap.so when they said that palpitine was definatly also the emperor when episode one was released,they did not say that he definatly wasnt his clone.so they are doing a mind trick on you to think that hes identical,why would they always just show darth sidious face almost completly covered,because hes actually older than palpatine.I know that the masters of this thread has ruled out this entire quote but i will be right sorry.there are also and always been more than one sith apprentice at atime being trained by sidious the whole only one master one apprentice theory the jedi consol says has been twisted some how.because we know its a fact that the emperor had an apprentice the emperors hand"a female jedi apprentice that he was in training because he didnt trust vaders feelings about luke."these staments dont say that all the quotes in the movies are wrong they just mislead you.

PVS
err...anakin and obiwan will rescue palpatine aboard a federation ship, early in the film.

you need to accept that sidious is palpatine

and please dont bring EU into this forum.

Darth Subjekt
I agree with PVS, EU has nothing to do with the movies, if it did, then it wouldnt be EU...it'd just be part of the story. they are one and the same. thats all there is to it. i think he just looks nuts because of the sheer power of the darkside of the force.

darthvinss
"you need to accept that sidious is palpatine"

I agree with PVS and Darth Subjekt, stop with fantasy speculations, thats sure they are the same person.

Captain REX
Lucas even said it. That's all the proof you need.

The Dark-Side tends to corrupt things. The sheer power of the Dark-Side could very well be his problem. In EU, it tends to do GREAT *sarcasm* things for his health...

In the movies we haven't seen very much Dark-Side corruption physically, if any. Emperor Palpy is all I can think of for an example.

queeq
There's only one problem with that. Sifo Dyas was known to OB1 as a Jedi Master, so was he to Yoda and Mace. So how can he and Palpy be the same person without them knowing?

waynerobsonuk
I think plaps just uses his name to order the clones. (Either that or it's on palps orders). Maybe he knew him or had met him. I just hope we get conclusion about this in ep3.

Wayne...

Darth Subjekt
we will.....already been stated that this will tie up all loose ends.

Red Superfly
That kinda feeds the "shapeshifter" theory machine doesn't it?

dooku? wait no....

Darth Subjekt
no

yeah screw that idea

sexyking
I am not trying to pick on you i2345m but if its not sidious who is it i mean there is only one new bad guy and thats G-G. And that guy in the trailer definetly doesnt look like a jedi so if not sidious who.

peluffo
Just check the saber hilt, and look this:
http://users.pandora.be/famo/bth/bth07.jpg

PVS
yeah, but that doesnt mean anything.
maybe there are TWO darth sidious'?

JUST KIDDING laughing out loud
i can just see it coming though, cant you?

peluffo
sad mean man.

Sith Master X
lol PVS. Yeah, that's the big surprise at the end.

bilbofett
Dude's just really really old & really really evil. Isn't that enough of an explanation?
Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one.
Now go back to your grasy knoll conspiracy theories if you wish.

Darth Subjekt
dildofett is right, damnit guys, why didnt we just ask GL junior in the first place? this whole thread could have been avoided. damnit X and PVS, and me...why are we so stupid?!

PVS
do me a favor, if you're going to refer to her as 'dildofett', please dont include me in your post...im not ready to die.

thanks

Jedi Priestess
OMG Subject........clear the room boys, this could get ugly. Bilb is like me on speed.

"JUST KIDDING
i can just see it coming though, cant you?"

i remember the whole: "sidious is a clone" deal roll eyes (sarcastic)

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I really really agree with the idea of Sidious/Palpatine deforming over a timelapse of 20-what years...
Maybe Yoda does cause a little damage to Palps, but it might not be that harming I think.
Let us not forget, being truly evil means you have to look scary...and ofcourse the dark side takes it's demands over the years...
One last note; "Sidious and Palpatine are one in the same!"
Where do some fans get the hilarious idea from of a clone-Sidious or a secret brother of Palpatine...(don't take it personal)
It has been confirmed a long time ago and many times, again I quote; "Sidious and Palpatine are one in the same!"

Well...I'm doing my period of Militairy-service in Bosnia right now and I enjoy all the good stuff here on THE forum!
We'll see the outcome of his deformings very soon...

it was a joke. confused

Darth Subjekt
did I .......asy something wrong? cool darn....im all broken up about it too...

well if you dont mind being flamed.

Jedi Priestess
Heh Bilb is in da house.......*goes to make popcorn*

Darth Subjekt
if someone wants to bring it....bring it. Im not like all these other little kids who can dish it out but not take it. And you mean to tell me "dildofett" is NOT that persons name? well golly gee wilikers!...maybe i need glasses....or maybe i just need to stop reading the stupid posts.

*puts sun glasses on to avoid the big flames smokin'

Jedi Priestess
DS, calling a female member a name such as that deserves everything you get for it. yes

you do need glasses if you did not see that she is BilBofett see the ginormous 'Bs'?

Darth Subjekt
im saying BRING IT! i didnt know she was a female, but ya know what...i dont care, if a female says something stupid, they'll get it too. If anyone wants to flame me, let them try, the only thing they can say about me is what they see on here. No one knows me, so they cant say anything personal, so theres no reason to get upset. But if they want to try....GO AHEAD.

bilbofett
Wow, I'm just...so... hurt....

You really got me, I defer to such infinite wisdom as that which have shown here. Geez, making fun of my username.... time to up the prozac lest I slit my wrists.

Gimme a break you friggin idiot! All i meant was that it would be nice if for once, just once, one could go to a SW board and NOT see the same damn thread thats been debated ad nauseum for YEARS!!! If we aint figured it out by now WE"RE NOT GOING TO UNTIL MAY 2005!!!!!! Get a damn clue will ya!

You obviously have no life, no hobbies, no signicant other et all so I'll let you off easy today. Read your sig, assh*le, & remeber me when you decide to flame me again.

PVS... you're safe. Learned well you have my young Padawan.....

whew, *sips my drink

Jedi Priestess
*watches the warning shot fired and waits for the reply*

silence...

Jedi Priestess
actually this is quite grand.........

now there are two of us! eek!

"can i have sme popcorn mum?

Jedi Priestess
messed only if you dont call me mum again messed

and on the topic I think Sideous has always had the ability to be hideous, he's just hid it.

has anybody played KOTOR. the way sidious is deformed reminds me of how you gradually become deformed over time because the darkside eats you body away. i know its EU but it could be relevent

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>