Conan vs. Slaine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MERCILOUS
Slaine "The Horned God" "Master of the Warp Spasm"

vs.

Conan; thief, warrior, gladiator, defender, barbarian, conquerer, invincible, unconquered, destroyer

Can Conan's experience over come the very formidable warp spasm?

Abaddon
The warp-spasm would make it Slaine's victory. If Conan didn't kill him before he had the chance to warp.

MERCILOUS
But Conan's pretty smart, He'd probably run away from a warp spasm he knew he couldn't handle.

Pandemoniac
Yes man!!!! I was thinking about putting this up myself as well but here is is already! Good job.
I'm with Abaddon, the Spasm is just too freaky. But until then, Conan is probably the more skilled fighter I'd say...
Conan must get in there and start chopping up mister McRoth fast, never allowing him to get away and/or get the spasm. Also in close combat the sword is better then the axe, especially one such as Brainbiter. But then again, First Conan must get that close, and Slaine can swing that axe quite efficient, maybe keeping him at bay and opening time for the warp spasm... or even slicing of some Conan while he's at it.
If Slaine gets to spasm, Conan is toast, he probably couldn't even outrun Slaine in that form. But Conan makes a good chance to chop Brainbiter in half en go for the good old heads-off if he doesn't stall things to much.

MERCILOUS
Well Conan isn't the type to underestimate anyone. He always goes in for the kill. You think Slaine could fend him off long enough to go full spasm?

Pandemoniac
Actually not... so Slaine has to deal with him in human form. He'll need to make combo-strikes, as Conan will undoubtfully evade the first, then he has a chance to have his axe meet up with Conan at the point where his evasion leads him. If he misses Conan 2 or 3 times he'll get to close to Slaine for him to use the axe properly and Conan will clearly have the upper hand.

Abaddon
What you say has merit except for this. A weapon is always a weapon. It's the weilder tha makes it better.

MERCILOUS
Slaine also uses rage as a catalyst for his spasm (although he doesn't need it it sure helps.) And I'm pretty sure he's only made his strongest of spasms when he's been quite irritated or truly inspired.

Pandemoniac
Not exactly. Different weapons for different purposes. Try splitting a man with an axe like Brainbiter when he's right in your face. One can still stab fairly well at close range with a sword. The axe can be put to use, but that will mean Slaine has to hold it near the blade and use it to give short slicing strikes or use it as a hammer.
This leaves his wrists fairly unprotected, so Conan has a good chance of fending of a strike like that with his sword using the broad side of the blade and then cut down at Slaine's arms.
He could also push the axe in Slaine's face in that situation, using the crossbar of his sword and backing it up with one hand to the blade. Doing this with the point downwards opens up for a good gut-puncturing.
The sword and the axe are just quite different weapons, both with benefits and disadvantages.

Abaddon
No dude listen to yourself. A weapon is a weapon. If a guy with a sword gets in the face with a guy with the axe, all the axe weilder needs to do take a step back or change his grip. The person makes the fighter not the weapon. A weapon is only an extension of a person.

Pandemoniac
That's true. All I wanted to say was that in this fight Conan and Slaine would probably prefer different fighting ranges in this. They both have to follow different strategies because of their weapons. And ok, I guess Slaine would be very adaptable with Brainbiter anyhow.
Still a close match.

MERCILOUS
The weilder truly does make the weapon. A great fighter could match a sword with a dagger. The difference between sword and axe are minor in a broader scope.

Abaddon
Yes, very close. We are definatley on the same page as everything else Pandemoniac.

MERCILOUS
Although, I don't think I've ever seen Slaine fight defensively. This leads me to beleive that Conan is the better fighter.

Pandemoniac
With that out of the way then, how do you guys think this will end?

Pandemoniac
True, Slaine doesn't even run in, he jumps in to fights mosty. Can be a bad idea with Conan, who is more anticipating.

MERCILOUS
Well I voted for Conan. Because of experience. Slaine is prone to allow himself to be caught in horrible situations. He relies on Danu way too much compared to Conan who knows that Crom does not care. I'm a big beleiver in brains over braun. And although Slaine has a whole lot fo braun, I just couldn't ignore his impressive feats (not to make any less of Slaines.) It's just that so many of them include dealing with something of this nature.

Abaddon
Slaine can warp at will in the later books. All he needs is a split second to realize how great Conan is and warp. Again, provided Conan does not kill him first. Damn this is hard....

ScarletSpider
You forgot: Adventurer, Buccaneer, Usurper, Wanderer, Freebooter and Avenger. smile

I go with Conan on this one, if he can prevent/strike before the warp thing.

MERCILOUS
Slaine can warp at will, but it takes him a while to get to a formidable warp. Most of his warps only cause hiim slight disfiguration and enhancements. Rage and or divinity (Danu) help him achieve his greater warps. He would have to tango with Conan for quite some time before he could make an extravagent warp.

Pandemoniac
Good point. And that little dance would provide Conan with some good chances to poke him. The low-budget spasm's might compensate Conan's better skills on the other hand, granting Slaine the time he needs to go fully nuts?

MERCILOUS
Conan's faced some pretty damn good opponents (remember the weapon master?) and he's always looked em square in the eyes without a flinch or moments hesitation. I think if Slaine let us better gauge his skill we could decide for sure who would take the victory.

Abaddon
Conan has taken on some brutal enemies (simulacrums made of stone, extremly powerful necromancers, and even quasi-dieties). I still can't really decide.

Mr. BBBumper
The trolls are here. NOW!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.