'Sith Eyes'- Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
In celebration of the trailer, time for a good old fashioned nerdy discussion!

For those of you who have not seen it, the issue is of the red evil 'Sith Eyes' that Anakin has in the new trailer, just like Maul's eyes.

The question is, what ARE these eyes, and what do they represent?

Here are some points to consider:

1. Maul always had them
2. Dooku has never had them
3. Palpatine doesn't, but Sidious appears to in his 'psycho' face as he prepares to fight in the trailer and released pics
4. Anakin normally doesn't, nor does he in the Obi-Wan duel, but DOES in that oh-so-revealing shot in the trailer...

So, some kind of Dark Side trait, but clearly not a universal one? Showing during stress or anger would be one possibility, but then why never on Dooku, and alwaus on Maul?

There may, of course, be no logic to it whatsoever, but who cares!? I'd like to hear some opinions.

Discuss...

Gangularis
sidious eyes were yellowish like that in rotj also.. and in new dvd ESB

i think it's a good possibility that it's dream sequence, however it's obviously in that room on mustafar. that or it could just be for dramatic effect for the trailer.. but looks too well done for that.

queeq
Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Also, Anakin doesn't seem to have them during the fight with OB1 from what I could see in th trailer. He clearly has blue eyes during the fight. The Sith-eyes shot MUST be before the fight if we still accept that het gets majorly deformed after the lava fight.

So... is the yellow eyes thing controllable? Does it have to do with a surge of evil? And that Palpy is in some sort of permanent surge of evil in ROTJ?
I dunno... I hope it doesn't get too weird and magiclike...

tpaquin
I'd definitely say it is supposed to cooreilate with some extreme surge of evil.

Jedi Priestess
I think its probably related to a surge in hatred or anger. Dooku pretty much retains his cool for the most part. Maul on the other hand is "supposedly" full of hatred for the Jedi. I'm thinking it related to a surge in emotion. Originally I had heard that the eyes were in a dream Anakin has but that wont work because you can see Mustufar behind him. So goin with the surge of hatred or evil here.

tpaquin
The only "dream sequence" ever inserted into Star Wars was the cave, which was more of a vision than a mental thing. I dislike the idea of George including dream sequences or flashbacks, if for no other reason than continuity.

Building on your comment, that could easily have been right after force-choking Padme, a direct presursor to the fight, and when he cools back down his eyes return to normal.

Darth_Decimator
i like JPs theory of the dream sequence early on in the film backed up by BTH pic 27 ( SLEEPLESS KNIGHT ) visions of a clouded and uncertain future haunt the young married couple , makes alot of sense seeings as though anakin doesnt have the same eyes during the duel

queeq
Great... even more to explain. What are you doing, George?

Darth_Decimator
i dont see why mustafar being in the background debunks the dream/vision theory

queeq
It doesn't fit the format of SW. Flashbacks and dreamsequences don't exist... EVER! Even the Dagobah Cave was NO dream or something of the likes.
If there was ever reason to see a dream, it would have been in AOTC where dreams form a plot point.

PVS
i wonder why anakin's eyes are normal in the duel scenes where he is obviously evil and full of hatred. perhaps ILM will add a glowing effect to his eyes?

and it is strange how dooku keep his eyes normal.
perhaps the glowing is temporary? only 'switched on' when
a surge of hatred comes on? but then why is maul's eyes glowing
even when he is calm and just hanging out?

perhaps anakin's glowing eyes scene was only for promotion and we wont
actually see it in the film? doubtful...but possible imho.

oh my brain hurts

Jedi Priestess
ok then explain the cave on Dagobah. What was that?

PVS
NOOOOO!!!!!! NOT THE CAVE!!!!!!!!!!!

stick out tongue

tpaquin
Well, that's what I said above, if anyone cared to read.

Dagobah was a vision. Visions are physical manifestations of the subconsious.

Jedi Priestess
YES the CAVE! I have never been able to figure that sucker out. Well than how do you know that Anakin doesnt have some sort of "vision"

tpaquin
why would he have a vision of himself?

Don't bring up the head thing...

Jedi Priestess
Head thing? Why wouldn't he have a vision of himself. That been known to happen. lol

queeq
It's not that hard. But if you want it first hand: watch the scene on the ESB DVD with commentary.

It's about Luke being tested, he's going to face the Dark Side with what he brings with him. Contrary to Yoda's teachings he takes his weapons inside because he is afraid of what might be up ahead of him. He then faces his biggest (and armed) fear (i.e. Vader) and finds out he is battling his own dark side.

Darth_Decimator
how can you all imediately say no! no dream just because weve never seen it before well maybe george wants to something new , who knows , i just dont see the point of saying no immediately just cause there have never been dream sequences before

tpaquin
Actually, I'm starting to agree that it might be a vision like the test in ESB. Perhaphs Anakin fails, like luke did, but attacks it differently. Because Anakin has no clean-cut enemy, he fights himself, and he slays himself, and takes pleasure in it. The 'him' who he fights would have the red eyes, not so much as him quelling the evil, but more of a vision of what he would become(assuming he didn't take a little dip).

queeq
I dunno... that'd be weird. Why could it not be first surge of evil, the true transformation from Anakin to Vader.

tpaquin
See, that still seems more blatantly obvious, which is what Lucas tends to be, so i'd still be that to be more likely.

queeq
Me too.

Jedi Priestess
Heh

queeq
Heh?

PVS
huh

queeq
hoho

tpaquin
And just like that, everythig goes to shit.

Bartman99
maybe its just before he chokes padme and its done just to show that he isnt in control of himself anymore. thats clearly his angriest moment, and not comparable to attacking obiwan if you consider how much he loves padme.

Darth_Decimator
hmmm maybe , i still think the whole dream/vision would be a great thing 2 see , maybe just seeing himself standing amonst the seperatists corpses turning off his saber then the shot from the trailer where he turns to the camera then anakin wakes up

queeq
Isn't it great? evil face

tpaquin
It's incredible!

queeq
The Incredibles? Here? With trailer?

tpaquin
Yeah! Today!

I'm making my girlfriend see it with me just to see the trailer on the big screen.

darktim1
maybe the eyes confirm that he was suduced by the darkside at that time any thought on this .

Deep Hatred
It looks like he has those eyes during the Mustafar slaughter and I'm guessing that one of these 3 sees him this way:

1) Nute Gunray
2) Obi-Wan
3) Padme

As for why he has eyes like that, I'm guessing that he's tapping into his emotions (anger/hate) that the Dark Side begins to consume him !!! Maul was trained from the beginning from Sidious and his emotions were visible at all times ! Sidious is the same when he's angry and Anakin is emotionally unstable to begin with, whereas Dooku is always coolheaded and is simply "technical" in his use of the Force, he is not emotional or not as emotional. I see him fighting more like a Jedi than a Sith !!!

Maybe that's the difference !!! Maybe we'll have to wait for the Lucas audio commentary on the Episode 3 dvd to get the answer for this !!! lol

queeq
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

cornponious
Look folks, it's pretty easy to figure out. At the end of Jedi, when Vader's helmet is removed, his eyes are normal and blue (at least in the DVD release they are!). In ROTS, Anakin will have normal eyes, period. I believe that these evil eyes were just inserted for the sake of the teaser to build suspense.

izz316
I think why count dooku doesn't have the yellow eyes because he not powerful or he doesn't have much anger and halted compare to Anakin and sidous.

Ushgarak
I find it unlikely that Dooku NEVER gives in to his emotions- he is a Master after all, and clearly extremely potent, more so than Maul; I also find it unlikely that Maul is ALWAYS giving into his emotions.

So the eyes/emotional outburst link doesn't do it for me.

Anakin2Vader
I think it is done to show a complete change in him and to make him look bad ass... simple as that... looking for continuity in StarWars films is far from science... i dont think Dooku would have looked cool with yellow eyes ... but Maul did... and Anakin looks amazing too... if there will ever be an explanation it will certainly have something to do with rage/hatred/darkside whatever

Ushgarak
Bear in mind I am not necessarily saying there is a rational explanation... like I say, this is meant to be a picky fan thing.

lucasfilm
awesome!!! all i have to say is that i dont really care what they are other than evil eyes, and all i have to say is that they are crazy!!!!11!!!

look below.... eek! eek!

Jedi Priestess
Sooooo just what DOES do it for you? naughty

Cipher
There's a good chance its a result of a strong surge of the Dark Side and being filled with hatred as was stated earlier. Dooku didn't seem all that hateful to me, but Maul sure did. Palpatine in ROTJ is full of simmering hatred. Maybe that is when Anakin feels betrayed by Padme and goes crazy.

Or its possible that on Coruscant he has a vision, a warning about the path he's on and he winds up ignoring it. The evil eyes could be similar to Luke's head in Vader's helmet..... Just a crazy theory. The first part is likely the correct scenario.

peluffo
It could be a dream

Lucas never used 1rst person POV until TPM (C3po POV to Annie) so, he can do what he want. The attachments with "continuity" are ours...

Sith Master X
I think the eyes glowing yellow and red has something to do with hate, anger and rage. That's probably why he has them. Maul had them also, and he hated the Jedi.

Xam
thats a good theory SMX

Ushgarak
Again, it does not wash that Maul was filled with strong dark emotions- which are endemic to the Dark Side- and Dooku was not. SEEMS calm has nothing to do with it.

Jedi Priestess
You have yet to post your theory Ush.

DARTH DADDY
OK, I'll jump in here. I think most everyone is wrong. Trailers are notorious for having things in them that are not in the movie. It's all about getting people excited. And it looks like it worked. I think that shot is for the trailer only. Maul was not human. I think his eyes are like that. We don't know yet if Palpy is really a human or not. He just may be another species clocked in human form. That goes to the subject of the way he looked in the trailer as well.

DARTH DADDY
yea JP, "How you doing"
my favorite MILF!!!

Bartman99
maul is a zabrak (spelling) and zabraks dont have these eyes

Jedi Priestess
keep calling me that and I stop speaking to you

Stunrun
God im sorry u have to put up with that JPsad btw i saw DARTH DADDY'S thread, and i was disgusted. That guy has no idea how to treat a lady!

Darth_Nefarus
Maul's yellow eyes are from the incredible training and power of the darkside surging through him. Anakins, in my opinion, will come from the first surge he feels after destroying Windu and marching on toward the Jedi Temple. I hope his eyes stay like that throughout the movie, that would make scenes with Padme more interesting. Sidious eyes were always a yellow color, especially in ROTJ.

ajrocksteady
I think that they will be like they were in the trailer for the fight. For the rest of the movie, who knows? I remember the first photos of Anakin when back in black came out and his eyes had a weird white-ish glow in thowe first screen caps, i think it will be added later to the fight scenes we've already seen, IMHO

jedijunky1138
Exactly!!!!!! Why is Corn the only one to figure this out? The eyes are just a suspense builder to get more people to the theater.

TalonKarrde
Okay:
a: The Cave on Dagobah was a VISION of a Possible future of Lukes; the whole premise being your biggest fear is your greatest evil.

b: The eyes thing isn't something that comes and goes. It is permanent, as you give yourdelf completley to the dark side. In Anakin it comes and goes because he is so conflicted between his hatred and his love for Obi-Wan.

Ushgarak
Did you miss the bit when I pointed out that I don't care about that, I am looking for a fanboy rationale? Please pay attention.

TK, your solution makes no sense, because of Dooku and because Palpatine does not display it. Remember the four basic criteria I started with!

ajrocksteady
This is my opinion. At the risk of sounding like a complete nerdy, moronic lil' girl, i don' think that an image THAT AWESOME will be left out of the movie. Sure they always put things in trailers that are not in the movie but THAT? I really don' think so. Maybe i'm wrong but i just don't really think that the first shot we have seen ON SCRENE of Anakin in pure evil form (especially such a KILLER shot) will be left out. That is the BEST shot EVER in a Star wars flick. BEST EVER. If its left out, i'll be very very angry

Stunrun
Arguably the scariest part of the trailerwink..........well that and Sidiouswink

El Toro
mayb its when he gives into the darkside (turns on Mace and the Jedi) and it's jus a way of lucas showing us that.

Mace: Palpatine must answer to his actions.
Anakin: Nooooo.....
Mace: What?
Anakin: (turns to Mace with the no oh-so sweet shot of his eyes)

neo313
did that anakin shot and the insane shot of palps actually truly scare anyone else like me?

i printed out the palps one and put it in my room, but i had to take it down because it was really creeping the hell out of me embarrasment confused

i guess that can only be a good thing, means rots is gonna rock!

guiro72
corn....perhaps the reason anakin's eyes were blue at the end of rotj was that he was anakin once more, and no longer a sith, as he had been under the helmet (handy things for lucas, those helmets)......

however it could also be a "vision" (similar to the cave), or a promo shot they knocked up just for the trailer (like the shot of anakin on the tantive).....

i guess part of this revolves around whether palpatine returns to his previous form after the big reveal, or whether he stays like that throughout the rest of the saga (he does hide himself away in secrecy from that point on)....before this we've never really seen a sith change form anywhere else in the other films, so no frame of reference....

SMOKE187
anakin looks bad a.s.s with them crazy eyes.

jedijunky1138
I think the eyes are simbolic of the control that the Dark Side comands over the fallen. Once taken by the Dark Side you truely become evil. The eyes are to sembolise the seriousness of the situation. Pluss they make Anakin LOOK more evil.

guiro72
another thought (to do with whether the eye thing is constant from a certain point onwards)......anakin's eyes appear normal during the duel on mustafar.....so if the eyes are a constant feature, they either have to be digitally added to the sequence we saw, OR the scene with the eyes occurs towards the end of the duel, after the other duel shots in the trailer.....

NateDawgNT
i like el toros idea... that would be badass,m especially if we hadnt seen that in the trailer... i can just imagin if u couldnt see anakins face and he said no, and turned and u saw them eyes, that'd be crazy

unknown hero
I think possibly the reason we never saw Dooku with the eyes is that he was trying to hide his involvment with the Sith. Maul on the other hand never tried to hide his link to the Sith. And presumably at the point when Anakin reveals his allegiance to Palpatine he no longer has anything to hide.

guiro72
yeah, that makes sense to me, unknown hero.....

Davemans
I think it is a Sith trait but apparently from the inconsistencies throught the six movies with the color it appears the trait only occurs in those weilding chaotic dark side powers. Dooku is not a chaotic Sith as Sidious and Maul appear to be.

Stealth Agent
maybe his eyes were injured or something like lava stung them or somethin i dunno im think outside the box but maybe 2 far outside

ctsketch
ummm lava in the eyes, yah his eyes wouldn't be there anymore :P

Ushgarak
Ok, so one theory that at least fits the available facts so far is that it as a voluntary thing for a Dark Sider, yes?

Red Superfly
I love the whole Incredible Hulk thing going on there, that was pretty amazing.

Both the Anakin eye thing, and the bit where the Emperor cackles is just mind boggling.

The best thing is, Anakin looks JUST like how I imagined Anakin would look. He has the whole Jim Morrison off the rails rocker vibe to him. Brilliant.

Mortanius
This is a long shot, but maybe it depends upon a force-user's midi-count. Anakin has more than Yoda. No one knows how many Palpatine has. I don't think that Darth Maul's was ever disclosed. I'm just saying that if a force-user were turned to the darkside then perhaps his/her midichlorians become affected as well. And as a visual sign of corruption - the emperor's pale skin and yellow eyes. Perhaps, it can be controlled and only when he loses control does the true appearance slip out.

Gangularis
it will be in the movie. that shot was all done up and made with him turning slowly like that to reveal those eyes like that.

*side note* do you think those are completely digital fill in, or lenses, or a bit of both??

queeq
Ever since TPM I don't believe taht some things in the trailers will be changed for the finished film. THose eyes are another of GL's plotpoints that he introduces and may have to explain. Although I doubt that he does, it's just a cool thing to show off evil.
I was wondering... that shot of Palpy Normal Mode in the teaser trailer, was that from AOTC or is that from ROTS?

Telemicus
Yeah, voluntary sounds reasonable.
When you turn to the dark side you get the power of funky eyes.
Whether you choose to use them are not, up to you.
If i were Maul, i'd choose to keep them on all the time, goes nicely with his face.

queeq
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I reckon it is from ROTS as the nearby shots are, queeq; the 'earlier film' sots are all done by then.

wuTa
it could be a dream or vision...little anakin had that dream where he freed the slaves....it could be yoda/mace/obi-wan having a vision of anakin or maybe padme having a dream where anakin turns before he turns but i agree with people who say its a symbolism of anakins transformation to the dark side..yes dooku never had them but dooku is a dousche and doesnt deserve them plus he didnt turn unitl after he retired from being a jedi so maybe that had something to do with it

Darth Subjekt
maybe thats right after he chokes the hell out of Padme, and OB1 says something liek "what are you doing Anakin?" and then when he turns around thats how he looks...

but then that wouldnt explain why his eyes are normal while fighting. or maybe thats right before he kills all the sepratist leaders.

WHO THE HELL KNOWS?!?! GOD DELIVER ME FROM THIS ANGUISH!!

:.Space Opera.:
i like JPs description better, it makes alot of sense

Darth Subjekt
im just speculating. but i like hers too.

unknown hero
I was just looking on the OS and noticed that Darth Maul has a species, I've never noticed it before so I looked to see if there were any other of his species (Zabrak) and there are!

Two members of the Jedi Order share his species, Agen Kolar and Eeth Koth, who look similar to Maul (with slightly different colouring/horns etc).

What neither of them have is the eyes, that Maul and Vader (I've decided to refer to Ani as Vader as I believe he is already Vader at the time of the duel) share.

So I would conclude that its definately a Sith characteristic and not a species trait of the Zabrak.

Darth Subjekt
of course it is.....havent we already decided that? but i didnt know that there were two of those things on the Jedi Counsil, nice info.

unknown hero
I think one is on the council and the other heads up a team under the direction of Windu (before he croaks that is)...

Darth Subjekt
dope...hope we see'em

unknown hero
Here they are, It looks like one is sitting in the Jedi Council and the other one is a shot from Ep II.

Darth Subjekt
eeww, the one on the counsil looks like a cheesy ass klingon for star trek or something. forgot what i said, i hope we dont see him. but thanks for the pics though.

Krissy Von Doom
Maybe it's a characteristic that "apprentice" sith have hence Dooku and Sidious don't have them, perhaps in time Anakin's and Maul's eyes would have returned to normal when they become masters, as Vader sans mask had normal eyes in ROTJ.

Or maybe Maul's eyes are part of his alien heritage and Anakin's eyes are like that because he was the chosen one and was corrupted.

Or it could just be for effect.

Stunrun
That guy bit da bullet in AOTC laughing out loud

Darth Subjekt
wtf?! Since when did we know Dooku as a master? And Sidious does have them. You can see that in the trailer and in ROTJ. Its a Sith thing, everyone just needs to accept that. The only thing we dont know is, at what point that part in the trailer, takes place in the movie. We know Ani doesnt have them during his duel with OB1, but he's all burnt up right after, so it has to be before. But all sith have them, we just havent seen Dooku in a fit of rage, and he was always hiding his involvment with the Sith. You can be on the darkside of the force without being a sith, hence Dark Jedi, which we unfortunatly dont see. Maybe he'll have them in Ep3 when he REALLY has to fight Anakin.

Stunrun
i agree. When the Sith are in a moment of rage, there eyes go yellow, done and dusted!wink

Stunrun
PS- watch my movie!

\|/

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

GCG
those yellow eyes could have something to, apart from hatred, with betrayl.

Betrayl from some Jedi that either sidious has led him to believe or either cause of a disclosed conversation Obi1 had discussed with the Jedi Council on Padme and young luke within her.

that would lead those eyes for Obi1

Darth Subjekt
huh?....no.....its just a sith thing, why would Anakin be any different? hes the most powerful Jedi and eventually, most powerful Sith. All there is to it, is that thats wht happens to Sith most likely when they are in a fit of rage. Maul was supposedly always pissed off and full of hate, he just wasnt that good i guess, but thats why his eyes are always like that. If you watch the OT whenever you see Palps, theyre ALWAYS like that yellow and red color.

GCG
Maul was forged by the hatred energies of the sith , thats why he was always pissed off.
Darth Sidious, the emperor, always posessed them in OT cause he is the Top Dark Lord; the extreme side of darkness.

Anakin, i am always assuming, being so emotive and as you say was in a fit of rage BUT WHY ?

i am assuming he felt betrayed

Darth Subjekt
what i think, and i stress THINK, after he meets Padme and she talks him into going back to the lightside, and they go outside and sees OB1 standing there, ...after he chokes Padme and knocks her out, OB1 says something along the line of, "Anakin, what the hell is wrong with you?!" or ignites his lightsaber, and thats hen Anakin turns around and has that look. I really dont see why all of a sudden GL would throw in a dream sequence. But i could be wrong, but i doubt it.

Stunrun
im getting this back up. plz if u know any good threads that have sunk to the bottom, plz help me get them back up

Stunrun
im just trying to help these boards get back to the way they were. So lets get all the pointless threads down to the bottom. Would appreciate it if we all joined in to find all the good threads that have been lost due to the spammerswink

Count Doodoo
Maybe Anakin will get angry and then his eyes will turn yellow and then they'll use Lou Ferrigno as a stand-in. Juuust Kidding! big grin

It looks like you can see the separatist's conference room in the background (with nobody sitting at the table -- maybe they're all on the floor dead) so perhaps that's how he looks at Obi-Wan and/or Padme when they find him on Mustafar. Maybe the yellow eye thing will just be used to make it obvious to the audience that Obi-Wan and Padme know that Anakin has turned to the dark side. Maybe we'll understand it better at that point after having seen Palpatine's transformation and what caused it.

It's still possible that the shot with Anakin with the yellow eyes was just exclusively for the trailer, or is part of a dream/vision sequence, but I still don't think either of those possibilities are very probable.

I don't think that Anakin's eyes just turn yellow because he's enraged either, because he looks like pretty enraged when he's choking Obi-Wan in the trailer and his eyes aren't yellow.

Oh, btw, I saw Darth-Maul-type contact lenses for sale at an optometrist's office one time. They'd go good with a ROTS Anakin costume, wouldn't they?

Sith Master X
Yeah, I have a really bad feeling that the shot was only for the trailer. erm

bilbofett
I posted this earlier today & it got lost somehow....?

Anyway, I think you are dead on, Corn. In one of the Homing Beacons or something (nice confirmation of my own theory, huh?), it said that the ILM boys were finaling some shots that they knew were not in the movie. They knew they were going to be for the trailer only. I think this was one of them. Just my opinion.

But, since this image has struck such a huge nerve, it may wind up in the movie after all just due to fan response. I mean, really, would the prototype for the Stormtroopers be Jango/Boba Fett had we all not gone so nuts over him after ESB & ROTJ?

Darth Subjekt
good point, especially on the whole jango/boba thing

speaking of which, im having a brainstorm as to the surprise thing. i know i know, this isnt the right thread, but im thinking it'll have something to do with a main character, doubling as someone else. i.e, jango/boba, palps/sidious, anakin/vader...see where im going with this? i already have the person in mind, i want to see what you all think, and see if you might say who im thinking.

Count Doodoo
That's interesting -- maybe you're right. I tried to do a Google search on some mention of that, but couldn't find anything. If you (or someone else) could post a link or direct quote about trailer shots not in the movie, that'd be cool.

bilbofett
I'll try & find it...
But after Thanksgiving & Christmas shopping ny memory aint what it was!!!

Delfedd
well, anakin doesn't look to "enraged" during the preview when he fights obi. He looks more calm and in control. althought i do think that Lucas just wants to see us debate like this... stupid manipulative Director!
I bet he's watching us right now... waiting to see what we thing. *gets struck down by CG force lightning* NO! save yourselves! Arg!!!!

J-Unit
There Is Maybe A Dream Sequence During The Film Who Knows What Lucas Have Putted To His Mind On This One...Remember That Anakin Can See Things Before They Happen And The BTH 27 Tells A Bit About This...And Anakin Is Full Of Hatred In The End And Dooku Is Just Maybe One Lost Jedi Who Is So Smart That He Maybe Makes Something During The Film... Who Knows Maybe To Take All Of The Power To His Hands But Definitly His Not A Sith ...

Darth Subjekt
what the hell does that mean? i honestly dont get what you wrote. who's not a sith? Anakin? I do beleive he is my Cap Every Word Friend.

Delfedd
and it was a bit of a run on sentence, only broken up by ...s

J-Unit
i meant dooku is not a sith

Darth Subjekt
how is he not a sith? (Dooku to Darth Sidious)"I have good news my MASTER, war has started" And then he calls him Lord Tyrannnus....sounds like a sith to me....anyone else?

cornponious
Definitely a sith. "Lord Tyrannus" is positively a sith title.

This goes without saying.

cornponious

bilbofett
Yep Yep, to Corn you listen....

Cipher
Couldn't Anakin have a vision (or dream) that is actually a warning about the path he's heading down? Something similar to Luke's vision in the cave?

I'm going to irritated if Anakin's eyes just suddenly change color in the movie....

It seems symbolic to me.

J-Unit
then why hasn't dooku yellow eyes because hes not so full of hatred as anakin will be

Jedi Priestess
Im hoping its this too. Altho, I have a feeling its not. sad

schill142
Does anyone else find it irritating reading reply's from those who make a point of utilizing horrible grammar?

To your point: Possession of yellow eyes does not automatically make one a Sith.

Q: What does make you a Sith?

A: Being either a master or apprentice in a Sith succession. Besides the Sith have been able to keep their presence hidden for nearly 1000 years probably by refraining from advertising who they are in not so subtle ways like.....having blazing yellow eyes! And by using the force to distort their appearance (Palpatine).

Cowboyography
What if the scene we saw is part of a vision(I know people dont like Dream so ill use Vision). Not anakins vision but A vision Obi-Wan has, or mabey Padme. Honestly I dont think it will happen in the movie unless someone sees it as a warning of things to come.

bilbofett
Well, I guess now we know that Anakin's sith eyes were not just for the trailer...Boy was I wrong.....oops!

Jedi Priestess
And now itas been released that they arent part of a dream or vision...hmmmmmm

Morridini
So is Vader going to have yellow eyes in the next version of ROTJ then?

Xam
unlikely-:i think that the reason that anakin has yellow eyes is cuz hes 100% darkside and by the time of ROTJ hes like 40%darkside!!!this is all in my opinion

bilbofett
Oh Lord, lets hope not....

NO MORE CHANGES!!!

bilbofett
OK so now what? We've got 4 known Sith (Sidious, Dooku, Maul & Anakin) and only 3 of which are shown withthe sith eyes......
Dooku is the odd man out. If JP & co are right & it is related to a surge in emotion:
1) why does Dooku never have sith eyes? He was pretty worked up in his duels with Ani/Obi/Yoda
2) Why do Maul's eyes NEVER change? Not even Ted Bundy was THAT mad ALL the time....
Bet anything this question does NOT get resolved in ROTS....

Jedi Priestess
Im with you I dont see a resolution either sad

but wouldnt it be waaaaay cool if Padme gets to see them eyes first?

bilbofett
That would be...chilling

Ushgarak
Not wanting to sound picky, bilbo, but those are the same questions I asked in the first damn post! 'Why never on Dooku but always on Maul," I asked, if it was emotion. So as I say, that theory still does not run for me.

Have we seriously only managed to come full circle so far? That's poor.

cornponious
Why, oh WHY, did Anakin have to have those silly "sith eyes"! Lucas just couldn't leave well enough alone, could he?

This will go down, in my book at least, as one of the silliest additions to the films.

Oh, the agony!

corn

musashi_sw

Ushgarak
Gee... what an odd thing to get worked up about! It's quite a cool addition really.

So far, only two theories have been presented which are plausible and fit the facts:

1. Sith can do it at will. So Maul chooses to always, and Dooku chooses to never.

2. All Sith have the eyes, but can use the Force to mask their appearance. Palpatine and Dooku keep a low profile; Maul never bothered or was no good at it.

cornponious
Or maybe it's another one of those things that Lucas is making up as he goes, with no rhyme or reason, leaving plot holes big enough for a Bantha to fall into.

That's why I'm worked up.

cornponious

cornponious
Of course, maybe it's not Sith eyes at all, maybe it's just red-eye.

Gotta get red-eye reduction on the imperial cameras.

corn

Ushgarak
Hardly a plot hole!

And again, it has been mentioned several times that there is neither proof of a logical explanation or need FOR one- in the films, style counts for more.

But I just wanted us fans to create one anyway. If the film has one itself as well... so be it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.