Far Cry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tptmanno1
This is gonna be one awesome game.
I don't know exact specifics but it's gonne give HL2 a run for its money.
It features a 800 meter viewing distance. that means if you can see it you can walk to it!
also the AI is supposed to be awesome!
If you run into a fight all gung ho and then back off and jump into a jeep and try to drive away they will follow you!! and hunt you down!

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah it looks cool. It's only going to be released on a DVD-Rom though, and it does take 4GB of hard-drive so that might prevent people for getting it.

Z4¢|<
I'm definitly going to get this game I played the demo and it was fun.

BackFire
The demo was great, I'll be picking this game up asap.

JKozzy
What's the premise of the game? And holy.. what are the system specs that are needed?

BackFire
The premise is this - you are on an island, you have to kill people- The thing that makes this game stand apart is the extreme freedom and open ended gameplay that is availabe. You can pretty much go and do whatever you and, and go anywhere you want right from the start.

The specs are probably pretty high, I wouldn't consider buying the game unless you have at least a 1 ghz machine, and a good graphics card.

Lord_Andres
SpikeSpiegel, Half Life2 is gonna take more then 4gb, my guess is that It'l take up too 6gb

tptmanno1
Yea, I am saving up to upgrade my comp.
goto www.farcry-thegame.com to get all the reqs.

JKozzy
128 MB ATI Radeon 9600 Pro and 1.7 GHz P4, I hope that'll suffice embarrasment

Lord_Andres
That should do it JKozzy

BackFire
Yeah, that should be more then enough.

JKozzy
I'd hope so... man the system came w/ 32 MB nVidia TNT2, I thought thatd last for ages, guess not stick out tongue
Just need another hard drive to resolve my 600 megs left out of 80 gigs, then I'll be set smile

SpikeSpiegel
I know, which is why I will most likely need to wait quite a long time to get it (beyond the long time it'll take for them to release it) sad My hard-drive was 40GB, I don't know where it all goes

Lord_Andres
SpikeSpiegel
Do you have Norton AntiVirus? in that case, try too empty Norton Protected Files, and do it every time you uninstall a game or delete something big.

SpikeSpiegel
There is only one word I can say to sum up this game - WOW!

Rambo
This game is a must own. The way it looks it could become my favorite new game. Might even beat The Grand Theft Auto Games. Does anyone know when the release date is?

SpikeSpiegel
It's already out! Go and get it now!

Tptmanno1
I'm gonna go get it as soon as i get that damn portal worm off my comp!

BackFire
I just picked it up today, it's amazing. The graphics are the best I've seen on any game that is currently out there, and the gameplay is wonderful. It's very challenging, seeing as the enemies react in intelegent ways. The only exception so far was on enemy who got glitched and started running in circles, but other hten that the game is near perfection. It looks like HalfLife 2 and Doom 3 will have some competition.

MasterWizard
The graphics are phenomenal. It didn't come on a DVD but on 5 CDs, which means all you non-DVD-Drive owners can still play it.

supafraud
games on dvds. what's next, cheese on crackers?

Samas-adian
Yeah. I rather have it on DVD's because newer systems mostly have dvd drives.

Far Cry is great.. but i still dont think it can compete with Half Life 2. I read people reactions on Half Life playtest.. and its going to rock.

Far Cry for myself, got very boring at the end. Especially when you faced against the mutants. But easily the best game in a few years.

Tptmanno1
Holy Sh!t!!!
FarCry got a 95 from PC Gamer!!!!
I HAVE TO BUY THIS GAME!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.