Yoda V Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stunrun
I thought this would be a good thread where we can discuss what we want to see in this duelwink

btw i dont make many threads, just hope this is not gonna be a pointless onewink discuss!

Morridini 2
Badass moves

12345m
i want to see yoda angry like sidious just killed mace

Xam
you dint have to copy my thread ya know but still its gonna be a nice duel
!

Stunrun
oh sorry Xam was making it, and i just realised your threadwink

Xam
dosent matter dude!

Darth Subjekt
if yoda got "angry" he'd be on his way to the dark side, and Sidious/Palpatine doesnt kill Mace, Anakin does.

Stunrun
But i do think all the Jedi kinda loose there rag in this moviewink

12345m
would'nt you get a bit angry if you see your friend get killed you saw yoda on the trailer he looked well angry

Darth Subjekt
determined, nit angry....what does anger lead to? F*CK, have you ever seen star wars?

Jodo kast
Yoda, is not not an emotionless being you know.

Morridini 2
we know

Anakin2Vader
where will they fight? thats what i want to know

Morridini 2

Darth Subjekt
i didnt say emotionless, but what kind of "master" would he be if he went against EVERYTHING he preaches, just because his "colleage" dies, something he knows is alays a possability? im sure he has feelings about it, but if its wrong for Anakin to get mad about his MOM dying, then yoda whose 800 years older, shouldnt get mad about Mace, or at least not fight with anger.

Jodo kast
So what, Yoda 's everybody get's angry sometimes.

chilled monkey
Look everyone feels anger, just like everyone feels fear. The problem is when someone gives in to anger fear etc and lets it dictate their actions. Anakin's problem was that he gave in to rage and massacred an entire tribe, including women and children.

Of course Yoda is going to be angry about someone killing his friend. Just so long as he doesn't let anger get the better of him.

Telemicus
Yoda is going to get his little green butt kicked.
I'd love to see him try and do a jumpy spin and sidious just force smash him into a wall.
He's going to lose and lose hard.
What does Yoda say in the OT, 'do not underestimate the power of the Emperor' or something like that...

Darth Subjekt
i just wish ob1 would die, i hate him....and yea i wanna see yoda smashed thru a wall while trying to jump around, or just get smacked out the park.

:.Space Opera.:
dude....darkside. ob1 rocks......in my opinion. please dont argue.

Red Superfly
Darth Subjekt, what are you smoking? Obi-Wan Kenobi keeps the movies watchable.

Ewan McGregor does a brilliant job, and even though he isn't Godlike enough to make a sh*t script into gold, he still does a fine job.

Obi-Wan Kenobi rocks, sane people tend to think this.

I can't wait, however, for Yoda to have his "wisening up" lesson from Palpatine. I seriously cannot wait for Palps to whup him all over the place.

I can't stand PT Yoda. Always so serious. Stupid little green boglin. I prefer the senile Yoda from the OT where he's actually LIKEABLE.

Maybe Sidious gives Yoda a bash on the noggin, and that makes him lighten up a bit.

ha that makes sense.

Darth Subjekt
im not saying anything about ewan, im talking strictly about OB1's character. he's a liar in the OT, he gives his master crap in Ep1 and then doesnt like it when Ani does it, he always finds a way to insult Ani or make him feel like crap, and then he wonders why Ani wants to kill him....Anakin is the best character...thats who the ENTIRE movie (both trilogies) is about, unless you want to argue that GL JUST made that uip again.

Jedi Priestess
Indeed yes

and DS how did he lie in the OT?

...about vader being lukes father. gotcha back supafly

Darth Subjekt
the whole "certain point of view" crap. instead of being a man and telling luke what he wanted, he told him stories from "a certain point of view" to manipulte luke in to doing what he wanted.

thats like, if your boyfriend is cheating on you, and you ask,"did you sleep with her?" and he IS having sex with her but from "a certain point of view" he says, "no, im not SLEEPING with her." so is that lying, or just telling things from a certain point of view?

well i can kinda get where ob1 is coming from on that point though. maybe luke wasnt strong enough to take that kinda news. he waasnt ready to hear it. it didnt have anything to do with him being manly (an old one at that) it had to do with lukes future. i dont think that luke wouldve been able to defeat vader if he didnt know that he was his father. because he knew, that made him realize that there was still good in him.

NoMeN
everyone have a look at this one please. i think its a new pic, isnt it?

http://www.iespana.es/joyborch/sidious.jpg

what, where!

NoMeN
cant you see the pic?

no. fan made.

Darth Subjekt
no, nomen, thats from the trailer, but good looking out anyway

Stunrun
Nice Sig Nomenwink

Darth Subjekt
thats not fan made. its a still from the trailer.

NoMeN
yeah, but its really large, and we havent seen the upper and under part in the trailer! go and check, you will see the difference

ctsketch
There are distortions and stretching on the top on bottom, its a fan altered Trailer still

Darth Subjekt
sorry its just a blown up still of the trailer. i see no difference.

NoMeN
hmmmm if its photoshopped, then its really well done. i doubt it has been touched, look at the amount of detail, its way bigger then what we see in the trailer.

NoMeN
ok guys, ill have to show you a comparision pic messed

Stunrun
IMHO, that was one of the greatest, original shots in the trailerwink

i mean it just felt so star wars!wink

NoMeN
ok, here the comparision pic, hope you see the diference

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/4576/comparison_sid.jpg

Darth Subjekt
i dont see the pic....

Darth Subjekt
oh wait, sorry. im on a frame relay at work right now, so it takes longer than at home. even still, theyre different pics. he's at different stages of the swing in the two pics. that and 1 is wide sreen and other is full.

NoMeN
_AND_ the second pic is more blured! :P

yeah but still, it looks like it was photoshopped, thats the problem

NoMeN
could you tell me what looks photoshopped? i just dont see it

Stunrun
The top picture looks more like the Palpatine were used to seeing, even though there almost identical, but as Nomen said the second 1 is blurred, Maybe the top pic is the REAL quality

even the 'clean' version looks blurry to me.

NoMeN
sorry Space Opera, but i think you need googles stick out tongue

Darth Subjekt
the top one is a blown up version of a still, so the quality is worse being that it's not in its designated size, the second one is a direct feed, unaltered. so its coming straight from where it was broadcast from, and the top one went through a "middleman" so-to-speak.

college does teach you some things.

Stunrun
So whats da deal with Yoda being thrown out the window in this duel? has this been confirmed? i know the BTH pic of Bail confirms he rescues a stranded jedi master in mid-air, but has this been confirmed as Yoda? I suppose it couldnt be Mace, because he meet his end in the Anakin duel, and would be pointless if he was rescued to live another day

Sith Master X
That was exactly my question, as to whether or not it has been confirmed that Yoda goes through a window?

Darth Subjekt
yes its yoda, but what we dont know yet, is if he jumps to flee or if he's pushed, thrown, hit, etc.... but yes it is yoda. bail is the one who takes OB1 and yoda back to the jedi temple after Anakin kills everyone with the stormtroopers.

Stunrun
Any idea as to why they go back there?

Stunrun
btw Yoda, Obi-Wan and Bail are gonna rock as a trio!rock as they look out for each other when things turn bad, and then they discuss the future of the galaxy on Tantive 4, its gonna be awesomewink

Darth Subjekt
well the way i heard it, theres a distrtess signal that when activated, it calls every jedi back to the temple. Anakin does this and before they get there, they figure it out that its a trap. Yoda has like the jedi holocron or some ancient Whill book that teaches him how to disappear with the force, and exposes the mystery surrounding the sith. While hes looking at that, Sidious comes in and they fight. In the meanwhile, OB1 reviews security footage of either Anakin leading the stormtroopers thru killing everyone, or he sees him kneeling to a hologram of Sidious.

while fighting, Yoda ends up doing a swan dive out the window, whether its a jump retreat, push, blah blah blah.....i guess we'll see. i wanna see him get flung like the little green booger that he is.

that makes alot ofsnse dude.

SomeGuy57
Hey NoMeN, how do you attach pictures?

chilled monkey
Cool pic.

I hope that Yoda is able to put up a good fight. Who else thinks that Palpatine will have to 'cheat' and resort to trickery to win? Maybe he pretends to surrender and plead for mercy? No, Yoda would see right through that.

Sith Master X
I hope this one's a bit longer then Yoda Vs. Dooku.

Darth Subjekt
i think it will be. shit its two of the most powerful force users in the universe going at it.

Sith Master X
Exactly, which is why this is the most anticipated duel of the movie for me at least.

darktim1
I would love to see someones lightsaber get broken so we know is more powerful besides sidious has force lighting so he can't resist using it .

Sith Master X
I'm sure they'll definitely be some usage of the force in this battle, as well as lightsaber of course.

Luetchyboy
bah, the Obi vs Anakin will be better in my opinion lets look at it realistically, Yoda vs Sidious is simply CGI vs A 60 year old I can't see that working nor looking that good. Whereas Obi vs Anakin is 33 year old vs 23 year old, which if chreographed well could potentially look brilliant.

Sith Master X
Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan will be brilliant. But just because Yoda is CGI and Sidious is old, doesn't mean the fight will suck either. If it's done right, it could be awesome. Just take Dooku for example, he was 80, and they did a fine job with his fight against Yoda in AOTC.

Red Superfly
Anakin vs Obi-Wan is where it's at. That's the most anticipated by far.

People can claim it's Yoda fighting Sidious that's gonna be the biggest, but they are kidding themselves. Ani vs Obi is the most anticipated part of the prequels period. The prequels and the originals are a vehicle for this fight alone, they are the build-up, it's the whole point. It's the one, true concrete DEFINITE event we were always going to see in the prequels.

Yoda vs Sidious could be as crap as Dooku vs Yoda. I seriously hope Yoda doesn't try his little dance routine, if he does I hope Sidious belts him like a little green baseball and homeruns his ass all the way to Dagobah.

They should also make sure Yoda and Sidious actually look like they are hitting each other - one big cock up with the Dooku and Yoda scene.

Stunrun
Obi-Wan is 41 and Anakin is 22, hate to correct uwink

Darth Subjekt
lol...gj stun

aussiefan
I want to see....
During the end of the fight, Sidious force choke Yoda nearly killing him but he fights back,the forces from Yoda and Sidious collide sending both flying backwards into the office walls. Sidious gets up and throws Yoda into another wall by the force , as Yoda hits the wall, he sends Sidious desk towards him and hitting him hard ,smashing into the wall. Sidious gets up weary and he and Yoda duel . The duel ends with Sidious using force lightning at Yoda sending flying towards the floor hard. Sidious prepares to kill Yoda but is interupted with the Tantive IV blasting the office window and with it colliding with Sidious. Bail comes out of the entrance of the ship and calls for Yoda, therefore Yoda escapes.

aussiefan
As Yoda escapes we skip to the Mustafar sequence with the Duel!

In my opinion it just a set up for the duel and also the climax of the Jedi purge that we are going to see prior to these scenes. It is also the beginning and setup of the Jedi Purge that will happen between Ep 3 and 4.

Sith Master X
I don't think Obi-Wan is quite 41 yet? erm

darktim1
You know everyone wants to anakin and obi-wan but most of the yoda thing is just to see sidious fight with a lightsaber I know I've been wanting to see emperior with lightsaber so it should be great to see yoda and him fight.

Darth Subjekt
yea i know, and most peope, at least i did, heard that his was black. I even have a little lego set w/the emporer holding a black lightsaber. And most of that eagerness was to see how they would make black, glow.

travisbb69
This hasnt got anything to do with this forum, but wouldnt it be cool to have 100 yoda's vs sidious. Like it did in the matrix Reloaded with Neo and smith.

Naredhel
No it wouldn't. Because that would totally defy the OT stick out tongue

Stunrun
it all works out. As we know he is 60 years old in ANH, which is 19 years after ROTSwink

Sith Master X
Yeah, but that would make Obi-Wan 29-30 years old at the time of TPM, and he's still a Padawan learner then. erm

Stunrun
28 -TPM
38 -AOTC
41 -ROTS
60 -ANH

i couldnt really give a dam lol, but believe me this is truewink

Sith Master X
Ok lol. I'm sure you're right. wink

Stunrun
I suppose he was kind of a slow learner lollaughing out loud

Stealth Agent
There holding there lightsaber in a different way in each pic one looks like a movie frame or two later as he swings it a bit more.

Darth Subjekt
yea that swhat i said like two pages ago, its two different frames, from two different sources. One looks like a direct feed, and the other looks like it went through some sort of mediary station, like it was a copy of a copy...you know what i mean?

Stealth Agent
oh sorry i didnt read all the way back

Darth Subjekt
naw thats cool, i was just saying. no beef. or turky, or chicken or anything else for that matter. j/k

PVS
no, the point of the question is why does the first look better.
in the first they used the 'noise' filter in photoshop, which take the blur out,
when stretching out a small image. it basically turned the image into multicolored dots.

yeah that makes the most sense to me.

Stunrun
wink just getting loads of threads back up. We need to get the pointless threads back to the bottom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.