The Authority vs The New Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lightaxe
This would be a good fight in my opinion. The avengers sqaud is the new avengers team that is by Bendis and Finch. I think the authority would win.

crazyspinz
the authoraty are freaky, its like if the avengers lost there conciance

lightaxe
yea lol

manjaro
i say authority they have more powerhouses and they kill at at will, while avengers would probably try to lecture them on getting along and that there's always another way, blah, blah

Havoc470
new avengers consist of spiderman, spiderwoman, the sentry, luke cage, captain america, wolverine, and ironman....i've never seen the avengers lecture people except in really old 70's comics

ScarletSpider
No, the Avengers would just stand around for 8 pages going "Um...yeah," "Well, like, it's--well" "Yeah. totally!" "!"
"Well, um, yeah, like yeah. Yeah.". 'Hyperrealistic' dialogue is just a major crock. You can twist the picture so that, real life influences literature, or that literature influences real life. I go for the later, and thus every now and then it gets really hard to swallow some of Bendis' dialogue shit. Oh well, better than Claremont "Bootay, totally spaz!"

Havoc470
i've never seen that in a bendis comic, i've seen that very rarely which is something that happens irl so there's no big deal, i don't care too much about the dialogue as long as it takes me through the story, when i was reading days of future past by claremont there was no "totally spaz" and i wouldn't care if there was, since it is only two words

ScarletSpider
The "Bootay, totally spaz" was in the latest issue of Claremont's Excalibur. Claremont has done some great stuff, just after awhile it's time to stop milking the same stories over and over, and retire.

Bendis makes some great stuff, but 3 pages of Peter and Mary Jane talking, and the biggest word to come out of their mouths is "yeah!" is annoying at best.

Havoc470
i agree with you on claremont, but i think you're over-exaggerating with bendis' work on ultimate spidey, mary jane and peter are friggin mallrat kids, and if you've never run into one you'll understand the "yeah!" and "totally!" talk, which i hate so damn much, bendis does that too well, but i've never seen him do it for three pages rather than one or two panels

tjcoady
This thread is TREMENDOUSLY spite.

Ms. Marvel goes down to Apollo. The Midnighter and Jack Hawksmoor kill every other one of the NA without breaking a sweat.

Honestly, any single member of the Authority (with the exception of Swift, and I might even debate that) could take out half of the current New Avengers.

Digi
Originally posted by tjcoady
This thread is TREMENDOUSLY spite.

Ms. Marvel goes down to Apollo. The Midnighter and Jack Hawksmoor kill every other one of the NA without breaking a sweat.

Honestly, any single member of the Authority (with the exception of Swift, and I might even debate that) could take out half of the current New Avengers.

This thread is from '04. Lulz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.