will ani use force lightning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jodo kast
what do you think?

jedijunky1138
oops wrong thread

Xam
i think he MIGHT!

Jodo kast
Yeah,you're right jedi junky.But i changed from subject.

12345m
on the game trailer it shows he dose so i think he might

Jodo kast
i hope he does.

jedijunky1138
If he does why doesn't he use it in the OT?

Jodo kast
That's a good question.

Nick1989
Yep he does. He uses it on Obi Wan, Mace and he does it at the end of the game trailer.

Nick1989
Many people are also saying that he will be able to fly! wink He is the Chosen One after all

12345m
mabey only sith can do it dooko, sidious and now anikan but i did not see maul use it

Sesse
Perhaps he thinks that choking people is more fun?

PVS
its been hinted that he MAY use it.
we shall see

neo313
i heard somewhere that vader doesn't use force lightning in the OT because it would mess with his suit, but that's just a theory

12345m
heres a fan pic of anikan useing force lighning

Morridini
Did Vader actualy have any need for force lightning?

12345m
mabey he found chokeing better to watch

ginny_weasly
I personally think Anakin using force lightning is a little over the top.

However, ign.com posted some screen shots of the Ep III video game. In a shot of the duel with Obi-wan Anakin is definately blasting his former master with lightning....then again, he's also holding a purpleish lightsaber, so the game is no guarantee of movie events.

NoFate007
I think he'll use it. Although he won't use it in the manner I want him to (against Padme...makes more sense for her to have the death from that than a Force Choke, and you could say that he doesn't use Force Lightning in the original trilogy cause its too painful seeing Padme shocked everytime he uses it. That would help explain the end of ROTJ too but, no, don't listen to me Lucas, lol.) But yeah, I think he'll use it, if not just for a moment.

Stunrun
They gotta put this baby in there!

\|/

darktim1
I don't think he is that far along to have that kind of power.

Torik_Shai
If Anakin were to use force lightning on Padme, the twins would end up deep-fried sick

Red Superfly
The fact that he is able to use force lightning would mean he has progressed further than even Dooku, by pulling similar moves and actually beating him.

I think Vaders own Force Lightning doesn't have an effect on Vaders suit at all. The only reason why he gets damaged by the Emperors lightning in ROTJ so badly is because he was already beaten and noticeably winded anyway, the Emperors lightning was just just enough to finish him off. It had nothing to do with him having some sort of weakness against lightning.

I reckon he'll use force lightning on Mace. Maybe he holds him up in the air and then stabs him face onwards.

Anakin is easily at lightning level.

Stunrun
Well if u see the ROTS game trailer, he throws Mace around like a childs play thing! laughing from that footage lets just hope Mace DOES go out in a blaze of glory

MOTHERBOX
I hope he does cool screenshot.

MOTHERBOX

Darth_Decimator
could the reason that vader never used force lightning be that by that time he never had physical hands to cast the lightning from ?? notice on stunruns sig what hand anakin is using to cast the lightning

cornponious
I agree. I doubt that a sith can cast lightning with a mechanical arm.

cornponious

Nick1989
Anakin wont use Force Lighting in EpIII! In EpI the PS1 game Maul used Force Lighting but he did`int use it in the film. So im pretty sure Anakin wont be using it in EpIII the film. wink

Red Superfly
Bollocks man, he can conduct force through his arms.

He motions his arms for choking and other forced movements, so lightning shouldn't be a problem.

In fact, a mechanical arm would be the perfect conduit.

Vader doesn't need lightning to get the jobs in the OT done remember.

Darth Subjekt
Actually, what killed him was his change back to the light side of the force, thats allready been said long ago. No one can handle the change. the lightning had nothing to do with that. I dont think he'll use it, and i think he helps luke, for one, he knows how that shit feels, and two, he already started getting soft after he started talking to luke,"It is, too late for me.....son"

Jodo kast
Oh, come' on you don't believe that do you?

Darth Subjekt
why else would i say it? and what part exactly are you refering to? the coming back part to the lightside?

Darth Ravenous
I think he will use it in a fit of rage.

i remeber watching the behind the scence footage with back in black playing and it showed a clip of him looking pissed and his eyes are all white and flashing going on.

cornponious
Eh, I don't really agree with that, and on top of that, I'm going to try to completely ignore the fact that you used the word "bollocks" in a sentence.

corn

Darth Subjekt
lol......hmmmm, yea...bollocks. anyway, he prefers the choke i think because he can prolong the process of them dying. lightning wouldnt really be possible for him(as vader) because it has to do with the user "using" the force, and mechanical arms arent part of him. youve NEVER seen anyone make lightning come out of a wall, or anything out of the mechanical rooms they ever fought in.
if anything, i think it may happen without him trying to do it, but i dont think he will just up and use it.

Mist
we'll never know till the movie *sigh*
i hope he opens up a can of whoop ass on mace with lightning and all.
i agree about when hes vader he has no need for lightning. he could probably do it, but if i was him id choke people as well. teach em a lesson!

Darth Subjekt
ok.....

Darth Jello
i think it's an issue of preference. Darth Maul probably preferred direct combat to lightning. as for force choking, i think it's an expression of Vader's inability to breath upon other beings.

Darth_Decimator
thats an interesting perspective Darth Jello , i must admit i never looked at it that way

Darth Jello
if you look at Vader's bionics thru freeze frames during the lightning assault in ROTJ, you'll notice that parts of Vader's cervical vertabrae are prosthetic meaning that whatever fall deformed him also broke his neck in the process. By crushing the wind pipes of others, Anakin inflicts on them the same pain that was inflicted on him at his first death.
Another perspective on the issue of preference is that some see no honor in sorcery. as ridiculous as this sounds to a sith, it kinda fits Maul's character.

Gangularis
exactly.

in the game trailer he uses his good arm to launch the lightning, and not his mechnical arm.

Gangularis
maul didn't use sith lightning because he was too much of a noob.

Red Superfly
Now that's bollocks ( stick out tongue corn)

Vader's suit was f**cked, so he died. The lightning killed his suit. End of story.

Batman316
yep

Darth Subjekt
no sorry, GL is was the change back to the lightside....END OF STORY...

Darth Jello
anakin was always more standoffish, so i think he may use lightning, even before his fall to the dark side but definitely not after his transformation.

:.Space Opera.:
lightning is way overused in my opinion. youd think that lucas could think up some new force powers or something. i think that wouldve livened up the PTs a little bit.....along with new lightsaber colors not just purple green blue and red.

Red Superfly
GL is constantly backpeddling.

If that was the story when he made the movies, it would have been more clear. As it stands, his suit was ruined and he was gonna die because he turned back to the lightside, confronted the Emperor, and the Emperor f**cked him up.

Lucas finds it hard to stick to ANYTHING. He writes something one minute, changes it the next, 20 years later he edits it again, changes the thing completely and then claims that was his original vision.

I'm sorry but from watching the documentary, it's dman clear Lucas had very little clarity in what he wanted. He never intended Darth Vader to be a mechanical man, that came about because the artist drew him with a breathing mask and the idea CAME FROM THE ARTWORK.

Most of the OT's best bits were concieved AFTER ANH was made. It's so abundantly clear that nobody should take anything Lucas says at face value, because not even HE knows exactly what direction he's going in, he just knows the general story.

As far as Return Of The Jedi goes, Vader died from his injuries. Lucas can claim some other story, but as a movie director, it's a bad thing to mislead the audience into thinking he died from his injuries when it was his redemption that killed him. In a certain point of view, his redemption did kill him, but not so directly as you claim GL says it is.

It's like when Lucas has the excuse of ANH's fight being less impressive, he always says "it's between an old man and a mechanical man". Lucas didn't even come up with fancy sword-fighting until ESB was in production. He MADE THAT UP TO COVER HIS ASS.

"CAME FROM THE ARTWORK."

i love how artists influence the world smile

hey youre refering to my sig!

WOOOT!

Red Superfly
Exactly. See that pic you have in your siggie? The artist came up with that. Ben Burtt came up with the sound.

George Lucas himself had no input on what Vader would look like.

Because he had no input on what he looked like, or didn't care, then it's clear he didn't have the whole "mech man" thing. We all know Vader was just originally a thug who killed Lukes father, and as we know, Lucas back peddled on that idea too. He had proven time and time again that he never sticks to one theory, one story.

I'm not complaining about him going down the "mech man" route though. Vader being Lukes father did provide the BEST LINE EVER IN MOVIE HISTORY after all.

Lucas's backpeddling and "fidgetting" with the OT served him well, but it's getting old when almost 30 years later he's still at it, telling us "new" stories about a movie that told it's story and ended pretty conclusively a long time ago.

well i guess that he has a right to if he throws in the right kind of twists.

Red Superfly
Yeah, AT THE TIME, but not 30 years later.

That's why the whole "Vader died because he went to the lightside again, he couldn't handle it" garbage isn't flying with me.

It's just another typical post-prequel re-write that Lucas has come up with, that he didn't have over 20 years ago.

No Lucas, you made those films, THAT'S IT. You shown Vader getting electrocuted, beat up, and Luke removed his mask because he knew he was dead anyway. Live with it. Lightside killing him my ass.

yeah and do you remember the whole speach on parsecs and how they measure how fast a starship is by the navigation system.....i thought that was so re-goddamn-diculous.

Red Superfly
Lucas "hates" exposition apparently, and yet Episode 1 had a lot of scenes with exposition.

So he's a hypocrit aswell.

oh well.....alls i got to say is that hed better make EP.3 good or itll ruin everything

Darth Subjekt
so i guess now every nerd with their own interpitation knows more than the creator? so if you made a movie and people said, "no, Red is just covering his ass, he doesnt know how it really goes." , then that would be kosher with you? accept the fact that while the lightning did hurt him, its not what killed him. Argue as you wish, but the man said it himself. I beleive the movies belong to lucasfilmlimited, not redsuperflyfilmlimited

oh boy here we go.......it was a combination of both; thats why vader was breathing weird before luke took his mask off. remember what vader said after luke said "but yule die..."
then vader says: "there's nothing that can stop that now."
so the lightning made a damper.

Red Superfly
And wouldn't Vader drop dead BEFORE he picked up the Emperor?

Vader: "I fell so, so good again! I'm gonna save my son! Wha? Oh no! I forgot! If I turn back to the lightside I'll die! Gyaaaargh!"

*Vader falls down dead, Emperor kills Luke, Emperor get Jar Jar as new apprentice*

If Lucas had that in mind when he was making the movies, we would have known about it. As it stands, it's a post-production re-write and Lucas ain't selling it to anybody save for the mentally handicapped.

i agree with supfly

Darth Subjekt
ok...im done....i said the lightning hurt, but it was the change that KILLED. so i'm done now.

Grievous_90210
ok if anakin uses force lightining i ep3 how and when does he learn it does it just come out with an extreme surge of hate or what

jedijunky1138
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=313636&highlight=force+lightning USE THE SEARCH FEATURE FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Stunrun
thumb down no thumb down

Sith Master X
Please use the search button, ok?

Jodo kast
Yeah.

Ushgarak
Merged

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.