Darth Plageus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xam
after me and the "real"morridini watched the episode 3 trailer we where looking at the "supposely" darth sidious and it got us wondering.in ROTS sidious has too few and pointy teeths compared to the OT sidious so maybe this sith is dath plageus.yours taughts

12345m
he might be another sith sith his cloke is more a browney colour as well

Xam
we are getting somewhere: GOT IT!!!!this is the supprise the emperor is not palpatine but darth plageus...no not it or maybe!!!we never know

jedijunky1138
That is the best explanation other that it really being Sidious. But I don't think Plageous has been confirmed.

12345m
i thought that mabey there was another sith who was the real emproe

jedijunky1138
The emperor is definatly Palps! We have known this sence before the PT.

SMOKE187
sidious is palpatine. no one will replace him

Stunrun
If ya see the new Emperor in ESB, he looks alot like the one we see in the trailer

Xam
yeah but there is a surprise so we can maybe expect anything

Xam
not quite!

Morridini
I do belive that Palps is Sidious. But I am not to soure that the sidious we saw in the trailer actualy is sidious, I just don't think his teeths are the same as the ones in the OT.

12345m
mabey it is palpatine mabey not will just have to wait and find out

Xam
its maybe sidious's brother or something lolll(old rumors)

SMOKE187
it could be from the result of the battle as it's taking place.

Stunrun
well IMHO the reason why he looks different in the trailer is because he puts on a really menacing face. Im sure the ESB palps could pull it off

Sith Master X
I think it's Palpy. And Palpy will always = Sidious.

Stunrun
Indeed, but i do agree that there has to be a plot twist, if ROTS has any chance of beating Empire

Xam
ok then

Sith Master X
Even without a plot twist, I think ROTS will crush Empire. smile

Xam
revenge is gonna kill ESB 4 sure

darktim1
I don't think george lucas will have more tha three villians in the movie so it has to be darth sidious/palpatine that is the one in the trailer I really hope that when storm troopers turn that they do it in forceful way like a revolt.

12345m
all palps (suposadly)

Stunrun
Rememebr that hologram pic /\ no longer existswink

12345m
why

Stunrun
thats the Original scene, the DVD scene has been done over with Ian McDiarmid

Sith Master X
They replaced him with a more updated version of Sidious to match the Prequels on the ESB DVD.

12345m
the one in the trailer could be sifo-dayas but i dout it

ctsketch
Sifo-dayas = Sidious code name

12345m
i thought of that too but obi-one yoda mace new him because he was on the council

vanyoda
I don't really see that much of a difference in the teeth,
what do you think , here's a photo from ROTJ.

http://tinypic.com/k598x

12345m
not much difference just the colour

Sith Master X
Same here. That's definitely him on the ROTS preview. No doubt about it.

Morridini
well there's just something wrong with the trailer sidious.

12345m
i know what you mean Morridini

SMOKE187
no theres not. the reason why he looks scary is cause he has rotted teeth at a young age.

12345m
palps teeth in aotc are fine theres only 3 years between aotc and rots his teeth could not get like that, that fast

ctsketch
pffft you can rot teeth in 6 months time

12345m
i know but look at every other humans they find time to keep them clean why cant he

The Ones
maybe he had too much to do

12345m
and the jedi did'nt

Stunrun
Hey i thought i might put all of Palps appearances on my sig, so u can see any differenceswink

12345m
3rd along on second row looks differant

Stunrun
yeh but i honestly believe he looks different in that shot because his mouth is wide open lol

Darth Ravenous
I was told when u see palps face when he is swinging his lightsaber.

He is normal up until that part, then when he is swinging to strike down mace his face changes and maces eyes open like he knew all along

but thats just what i heard he transfroms as he strikes mace down smokin'

12345m
i heard he could be a changer

Stunrun
I thought Anakin took care of that? confused

Darth Ravenous
this is just what ive been told smokin'

Morridini
it could be his fight agains Yoda, it looks like he swings against someone/something lower down then himself.

Red Leader
Or maybe he is striking an injured mace whom is lying after a short duel with Anakin, then Palpatine gives the word and steps in. First using lightning then the saber, just for his sick pleasure.

Sadako of Girth
Hi ppl.... Kind of reading it like vampire thing right now..... I believe the "Senator/Chancellor/Supreme Chancellor Palpatine" appearance really is an illusion that has been upheld until the point that his game of deception is up.... ("Hard to see the darkside is..."wink

or something happens to him that ensures that this ability is lost....

and I also think it possible about the rage corruption theory....

Sure this school of thought is nothing new, but so, so plausible to my ears, the fact that he seems be look his younger self in the first part of the movie seems to back these ideas up.

GL has long ago confirmed the whole Palpatine being Sidious thing..

Ecstatic that we'll be seeing him lose it and get his hands dirty at last in any case....! big grin

Finally....heads may roll... rolling on floor laughing

MOTHERBOX
Its the dead jedi master syfo dyassmile

NoFate007
Uh, guys...its Palpatine. Plagueis is dead, Sifo-Dyas is dead, Palpatine and Sidious are the same guy, no twin, no clone, no genetically enhanced cyborg. This is reminiscent of those posts when people honestly think that Palpatine is gonna turn out to be Anakin's father, when it was stated 2 movies ago that he had no father.

Darth_Decimator
i agree with Sadako of Girth about palpatine using the dark side 2 hide his true appearance however i dont believe that he loses the ability to cast this deception , i reckon that by the point in the movie that this scene is in which i assume is the duel with yoda that palpatine no longer has any reason to hide himself , by the time the duel with yoda happens i think that palpatine has revealed his real self and assumed the title of emperor , declared the jedi the real enemy and thus master yoda confronts him , anyone agree/disagree ??

GCG
has anyone compared the lightsabres ?

PVS
i dont think palpatine will ever reveal himself to the public.
it would make no sense, since he still has alot of manipulating to do,
as we see in episode 4 when tarkin states thet he has finally dissolved the senate. plus in the end of ep6 in the celebration scene they seem to be tearing down a statue of nondeformed palpatine and not seformed emporer...

and as far as sidious in the trailer not actually being sidious...you kids need to say no to crack stick out tongue

darth plageus will either be part of palp's "history lesson" to anakin (hence the title if the bth pic) or (unlikely but possible) grievous' sith title after dooku is killed.

and remember, the name plareus is obviously a play on
'plague', or a disease that affects many...so perhaps his title
has to do with the time when the '2' rule did not exist...and there were
many sith...just a thought...

Stunrun
a good thought at thatwink

DirectorFitz
or perhaps him letting his evil sith side loose on all the good guys could morph his face.....u never know

NoFate007
Don't you guys think "Darth Grievous" sounds cool? Sucks we had to be given Dooku and Grievous in the same movie, otherwise he'd have been an awesome sounding Sith.

Jodo kast
Who's that darth Plageus.

Darth Subjekt
i agree completely...all the other "powerful" jedi are dead, and he can obviously take out yoda, so with no more jedi to try to stop him, why would he hide his identity? if you and your apprentice can kill all (but 2) of the jedi...what the hell is Joe Smitty gonna do?

NoFate007
No matter how strong Palpatine is, if 300 Jedi came at him at once he wouldn't survive, especially when Yoda and Obi-Wan are among the survivors (however many there are, but obviously within the hundreds, maybe thousands). Joe Smitty can do a lot if there are enough Joes around him lol.

Morridini
EU answer:
If Palps truly is the most powerful Sith ever as someone thinks, then he should have no trouble facing 300 Jedi's. As Exar Kun manage to imobilize all the jedi of the old republic (at a time when there were thousands of Jedi's).

NoFate007
EU is trash, most of it at least lol. Granted there are some awesome ideas but its not canon anyway so it doesn't matter.

Darth Subjekt
what i was saying was, by the time palpy /sidious fights yoda, anakin has already killed the other jedi that were on the counsil and other powerful jedi, SOOO...what are average species going to do to the Emporer when he shows his true self, if he already eliminated the most powerful beings in he galaxy? Nothing. so he would have no reason to cloak himself. BUT he does before for th ereason you stated, he MAY have trouble handling all the jedi at once.

But all im saying is he has no more reason to cloak himself as JUST a supreme chancellor.

keYa
maybe dark plageus is the clone of palpy ???

Darth Ravenous
its palp. did anyone look at the lightsaber he is holding , its the one they said would be palps. why would it be anyone else?

Darth Subjekt
whats a clone? its an EXACT copy. its the same thing, why name it different? we're not dealing with a "mini-me" type clone movie. Sidious...not Dr. Evil. He uses is clones (in EU) to live longer since the darkside eats away at his body.

NoFate007
Plagueis is an ancient Sith that Palpatine talks about when he's giving Vader his title, thats it. He's not Sifo-Dyas or Tarkin or a red royal guard or the Jedi Traitor or anything like that that you could make up.

Darth Subjekt
finally you and me agree on something. thank you nofate.

NoFate007
Your welcome Subjekt lol

keYa
plageus makes me think of the word "plagia" which means "copy" (maybe not in Uk or USA , but in France that's sure )
So maybe he's Palpy's clone.

eleveninches
I agree. especially since at the time of the clone wars, the jedi's ability to use the force was diminished, whereas the jedi in exar kun's time would have been far more powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.