Dooku:" Palpatine & Sidious : Are they the same person ?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GCG
So we know that Palpatine is taken hostage by the separatists in the beginning of the movie :

Does Dooku know that Palpatine & Sidious are the same person ?

Morridini
Well, he does tell Obi-wan in ATOC that the council is under control by a Sith master. So I would belive taht he knows that palps is Sidious.

PVS
dooku is evil, but also wise. palpatine is using dooku for
that wisdom and not for his strength, as was the case with maul.

and as morridini pointed out...the REAL morridini wink...you forgot his dialogue with obiwan,
about the senate being controlled by darth sidious.

GCG
yeah but sidious could have simply told dooku that he has control of palpatine ; not that he is palpatine

PVS
ok, its slightly possible, but very highly unlikely.
there would have to be dialogue explaining this,
and a reason why dooku would know the sidious controls
palpatine but that he does not in fact know he is palpatine.

how would it benefit the story?

GCG
no benefit whatsoever; i just find it hard to believe that he knows them as one . there is no clear history of Palpatine .........................guess i''ll have to wait for those history lessons in ep3 between Anakin & Palps

Ushgarak
Indeed- we can be certain beyond reasonable doubt that Dooku knows.

kingcoot
I wouldn't doubt the possibility that Palpatine & Sidious are known to Dooku, but the character of Sidious would seem to have the need to keep Dooku out of the whole loop, because after all, you trust no one when you are the emperor on the darkside. Sidious has to make things seem as they aren't for his purpose for his own skin. That is the way of the darkside. It is possible Sidious squirrelled Dooku a little bit.

Bartman99
something that always made me wonder
why does dooku tell obi wan the whole truth about sidious? i mean there is no reason behind it, and obi wan doesnt need to be a brain surgeon in order to figure that Dooku tells him about the here and nowand the constitution of the senate and the republic in reality.

jedijunky1138
Sidious IS using Dooku in a manner which to me looks like he is expendable. Don't forget that Dooku is ultimately betrayed by Sidious. There are a lot of things that make me think that Dooku does not know that Sidious is Palpatine. Sidious has a grand scheme to rule the galaxy, I just dont think he has told Dooku of his entire plan. If so why would Dooku go along with the whole kidnapping thing? He would have to know that he would come out on the wrong end of the deal.

BTW: I like the sig there Kingcoot

robakin
i have thought that they may not be the same person for a while, it will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.

jedijunky1138
They are the same person, I just don't think Dooku knows it.

kingcoot
The deals of the darkside always get worse by the moment. Ask Billy Dee Williams. (Lando Calrission)

Darth Subjekt
are you kidding me? GL himself said they are the same person, he also said that it is THEIR (meaning both) plan to make it look like Palpatine was kidnapped, so they could be together to kill the trade fed and the rest of the confederacy of independant star systems, to get the plans for the death star. Soooo of course Dooku knows, but i dont think he knows he's being set up until palps watches Ani fight him.

Bartman99
where did he say that?

Darth Subjekt
say what? that their the same, or that that's their plan? both in intreviews, the one that they are the same, is actually somewhere on the OT dvd set, as well as somewhere else, and the one about their plan, was on an audio interview i got awhile back from SW.com.

Mist
i agree with darth subjekt. dooku knows palpatine is sidious but doesnt know hes gonna get betrayed by him.

eleveninches
Does Dooku know that Sidious planned to destroy his clone army in episode 2?

Ushgarak
Dooku would patently have to be a moron to be in close contact with Sidious and not know his other identity. It just does not track.

Darth Subjekt
he doesnt....who do you think are the first breed of stormtroopers? he doesnt want to destroy the clones, he wants them for himself. and i dont think he wants to kill Dooku until he realizes just how powerful Anakin is. and thats something that dooku doesnt bother worrying about cause to him, why would his master just want to replace him? just my two cents.

Darth_Nefarus
Is this honestly even a question you have to ask?
OF COURSE Dooku knows. He's a dark lord of the Sith and as far as he knows, he is the future of the galaxy. Sidious is just using him and his contacts to start a war until he can manipulate Anakin into becoming his apprentice. How did this thread make it up?

Darth Ravenous
sid is jar jar binks with a mask on , jar jar is the true darklord of the sith

Darth Subjekt
LOL!!!! be careful, next thing you know, 12345m will start a thread saying that. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.