Bucky vs. Robin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nomsans
who would win?

supremthor
lol

norrin radd
i hate robin, but he would win.

Arsenal
Why do you hate Robin?

lightaxe
Bucky died so long ago i dont even know. But he fought in WW2 so I think he'd win *I know thats an awful basis but i dont know what else to say*

norrin radd

MERCILOUS
No man is an island unto himself.

And Robin's colors are a vain but noble attempt to keep Robin from the darkness that comsumes the Dark Knight's sole.

Nathaniel Grey
Jason Todd's corpse would beat down Bucky's corpse any day of the week. Captain America and Batman should go dig them up and force them to fight one another.

MERCILOUS
Didn't they do a story with buckie's zombie?

Nathaniel Grey
Rofl. I don't recall. If they did I'd like to see it. The closest thing to a Bucky revamp I recall was the Heroes Reborn Captain America and his Femme Bucky.

MERCILOUS
I'm pretty sure I'm right, although it could have just been what they put on the cover to get people to read it. I have this image stuck in my head of a rotten bucky attacking the Cap.

Nathaniel Grey
Bucky was never a very useful character anyway. He's not unlike Uncle Ben -- he'll never be ressurected again. Unless Grant Morrison decides he wants to destroy another comic book by ruining continuity.

MERCILOUS
Grant Morrison rules. If you're reffering to the New X-Men, it was my favorite X-men story in a long time.

Nathaniel Grey
::Chokes.:: And we're back to disagreeing. Morrison does great work in DC -- but he RUINED X-Men. He just up and slaughtered every character he touched. Just like Austen. Totally horrid stories.

MERCILOUS
I guess we are back to disagreeing, Morrison didn't ruin X-men he just spiced something up that was going stale.

Must have been some sort of unholy cosmic alignment or something.

Nathaniel Grey
After the whole Xorn deal Morrison just lost it. He hid Magneto in the guise of " Xorn " for how many years only to reveal him as Magneto? That wasn't spice it was a lame overused idea. Not to mention the fact he gave Xavier a " sister " and wrote Claremont into a corner when he picked up the series after Morrison's leave. Killing off Magneto twice and bringing in another Magnus " clone " was just dumb. He's a GREAT DC writer but he did poorly in my eyes on X-Men. Joss Whedon and Chris Claremont are doing much better.

MERCILOUS
Claremont's good but he doesn't compare to Morrison's genius (although it may be somewhat off the wall.) I'd say Claremont is ruining Morrison's good work.

Nathaniel Grey
Psh. Claremont CREATED the X-Men as we know them today. Every great story ever concieved was by CHRIS CLAREMONT. He can do whatever he wants to the X-Men and it would still be WAY better than Morrison. Yeah, Grant's a good writer but I prefer him in DC, not X-Men.

MERCILOUS
Claremont created today's X-men and then left it to writers that made the X-men look as appealing as some miky d's that had been left out for 5 days. If Morrison never picked it up it would have been even worste today.

norrin radd

Arsenal
ROFL laughing

MERCILOUS
@#$% Bon Jovi.

Batman picked Robin's costume.

Arsenal
It's hard to imagine Bruce picking out a gay little costume like that. He must have been drunk and couldn't get a refund.

ScarletSpider
Under Claremont and most of the Claremont wannabe's after the original himself, the X-Men sat in a big pool of still water. Stagnation was the basic theme for their stories. I was glad Morrison took over, especially when I saw his stories would not be about the regular static X-Crap. He changed the status quo and reminded us that these characters can change and be interesting once more. These days Claremont is doing some more droll Hellfire Club crap, and some stuff about Genosha that no one cares about.

However, it is within human nature to agree and disagree. Opinions make life interesting. I've disagreed with Mercilous all over the place in the BP and Batman thread, but I agree with him on Morrison. Whereas it's the opposite with you, Nathaniel. It all has to do with the vantage point.

Gregory
Robin picked his own costume. It's based on his circus costume.

Capt.JK
I know I should be pulling for Bucky in this one (check my I.D.), but I gotta go with Robin. They both basically suck and probably never should have happened (they were only created in the first place in a totally off-the-mark attempt by the 2 companies to appeal to younger readers by slapping 2 of their biggest sellers with children-aged "side-kicks"wink. But anyway, Robin's got better toys, and he's still alive, so I give the win to him.

Nathaniel Grey
I enjoy all of these conjectural debates. It's more than healthy to agree or disagree with those around you. Hell, most people here allow me to view characters in ways that I previously wouldn't have. But as far as Morrison, yes he did breath some life into the X-Men though I don't really appreciate what he's done. I don't like the avenues he's traveled and the stories he's attempted to create ex; ( Here Comes Tomorrow ). The whole issues going on with the rebellious Mutant teens within the Xavier school( Riot at Xaviers ), it was just flaccid to me. He just seemed to go along with the movies hype and turn everything against the grain of what the X-Men represented to me. Look at BEAST...Look at the relationship between Emma and Scott and Magneto? It just didn't grab me. I stopped collecting X-Men comics continuously because of the writing and art. And don't get me started on Austen. He flat out CRUSHED Nightcrawler and gave him a sh*tty origin.

Anyway, Dick Grayson, Jason Todd (corpse) and Tim Drake vs. Bucky's corpse. Seems fair to me. Heh.

norrin radd
exactly

ScarletSpider
There have been a few Bucky's actually.

Bucky I - James Buchanan Barnes, side kick to Cap in WW2.
Bucky II - Fred Davis, a friend of the original who teamed up with Cap II (originall Spirit of '76) after WW2 and served in the All-Winners Squad
Bucky III - Jack Monroe, he took the super soldier serum along with some othe guy who became a Captain America, both vehement anti-communists. He was put on ice as the serum was not stable and drove him insane slowly. He was fixed and thawed out, hanging out with Rogers for awhile and later taking the name Nomad.
Bucky IV - Rick Jones. Unwilling creator of the Hulk, he who first called together the Avengers and the atomically bonded friend of Mar-Vell (and later Genis-Vell). He became Bucky and hung out with Cap for awhile after he was unfrozen. Later he ditched the gig, thinking it was kind of weird being dressed up in your partner's old side-kick's clothes.
Bucky V - Lemar Hoskins, a pal of USAgent's who took the super soldier serum and hung out with a couple other guys (who later became Right and Left Winger) he now hangs out with Silver Sable's mercenary unit going by the name Battlestar.
Bucky VI - The femme Bucky from Counter Earth who served with Cap on his jaunt over there after the Onslaught crap.

Just for sheer numbers, I think they can take out the Robin's (Nightwing, Todd, Drake and Spoiler--the much maligned female Robin)

Nathaniel, I agree that they saddled Morrison with some HORRIBLE artists, and some of his arcs weren't exactly fantastic, but everything was pretty good overall, IMO. Austen does suck. A lot. He has some great ideas, then he has horrible execution. I though Azazeal and the biblical mutants were kind of cool. I thought it was retarded how he made him Nightcrawler's father and just generally handed the entire thing like crap. They also saddled him with horrible art. Kia Asimaya and Philip Tan's art is just yuck. Look at me, I draw massive noses and my characters are only distinguisable by the fact that one has an 18 foot wingspan and one is a blue guy with a tail!.

Nathaniel Grey
ROFLMAO!!!

MERCILOUS
Add Robin 3000 to the list. And is Spoiler Cat-Girl from DK2? If not add her too as she was Robin in DK1. That'll make the numbers closer.

muffin man
Robin
what is the thing about Bucky and Battlestar they seem to have some connection

StrawNilla
Meh, if I was angry enough I'd destroy both these guys in a fight.

And with a weopon, well, let's just hope their writers give them a big boost in durability for THAT issue.

ScarletSpider
Battlestar went by the name Bucky for awhile when John Walker was Captain America. My mistake in the previous entry, Battlestar did not take a super soldier serum, he just has the same strength and ability enhancements that Walker has, both recieved from the Power Broker.

RobWolf27
Robin wins this one

muffin man
ok how come all the Buckys are white but battlestar is Black.
not being racist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.